FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Someone has a terminal illness

Someone has a terminal illness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You learn that someone close to you has a terminal illness. What do you do, if they won't officially get to hear for a few weeks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Keep my mouth shut, never mention it and lie if asked after they've found out

Central

"Keep my mouth shut, never mention it and lie if asked after they've found out"

Interesting and I can see why that's reasonable

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Keep my mouth shut, never mention it and lie if asked after they've found out

Interesting and I can see why that's reasonable "

How did I find out before them?

Central

"Keep my mouth shut, never mention it and lie if asked after they've found out

Interesting and I can see why that's reasonable

How did I find out before them?"

It's hypothetical but it could be from working in health and coming across the diagnosis. It's based sadly on a true experience. Similarly, I never told my father he was going to die, as he was uncomfortable in hospital and it was the wrong environment, which I was upset by withholding.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you found out at work it would probably be a stackable offence to tell them before the responsible person had the opportunity to do so. If you found out by some obscure accident you would need to be 100% certain of what you saw. It could be terminal unless they took x action etc.

Bottom line is you would be in a very difficult position by knowing such heavy news before they did.

Central

"If you found out at work it would probably be a stackable offence to tell them before the responsible person had the opportunity to do so. If you found out by some obscure accident you would need to be 100% certain of what you saw. It could be terminal unless they took x action etc.

Bottom line is you would be in a very difficult position by knowing such heavy news before they did."

You're telling me! It's especially bad due to not being comfortable for having my dad die, without knowing what I did. I was curious whether people might push to help someone learn sooner. Ignorance can be bliss but I have a major emphasis upon people being equal - and it's not my life that's ending.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

about 30 years ago my nan was terminally diagnosed with cancer. The doctors told the family and they decided not to tell her. Nan was nursed at home til the end. I'm not sure why they didn't tell her I think it was because they didn't think she would cope.

30 years on my husband was diagnosed the same but the doctors gave him and I the news together. Times must have changed.

By *urplequeenWoman  over a year ago

Fife

Some people with illnesses dont want to know... Have to respect their wishes. Has happened twice in my life with close family. As hard as it is... And to hold it together at times.

The hypothetical situation would be the same. Id lie my head off to to protect them unless they asked me out straight.. And even then would depend on the exact circumstances. Would hope never to be in that type of situation tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am thinking...find out more... maybe they might need to hear it from a friendly voice

By *ay19720Man  over a year ago

Ashford kent

"You learn that someone close to you has a terminal illness. What do you do, if they won't officially get to hear for a few weeks? "

Can I ask why they wont know for weeks but u do ??

I have lymphoma. (Blood cancer) ..

And would it make a difference too there time left.?

What if they only have a month left..and wont know for them weeks.?

» Add a new message to this topic