FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Most moving type of media

Most moving type of media

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What type of media stirs up your emotions the most?

Music

Books

Tv/film

For me I would go with music as there are so many songs out there and they can be interpreted on different levels and even visualize what's being said.

Would be interested in other people's thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I don't think there's a most for me. All of the arts can stir emotions up in me, sometimes quite unexpectedly. Listening to a particular song can be cathartic and have me quietly sobbing. A passage from a well thumbed book can have me reminiscing and luxuriating in the memory of having read that very same thing in far different circumstances. A good film can have me crying with laughter or goosebumps tingling when a wash of emotions flow over me.

I'd say my favourite would be music though. Earlier this morning a particular track came on and such is the link between the song and another I could almost taste him on my lips and feel the weight of him on top of me. So yes. Music.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Probably film for me. I know they’re deliberately done to manipulate your emotions but some of them are fucking good at it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Music. Especially if the songs reflect how I feel at the time, I feel really connected to the artist like they understand my emotions and express them so clearly.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

All three to be honest.

I read a book 'To Kill a Mockingbird' that had a real and lasting effect on my teenage years.

In Film Cinema Paradiso, turned me on to World Cinema and an emotional journey.

It'd take me ages for the songs that have an effect, but great lyrics are what I enjoy within music.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Sometimes after reading a book or watching a film it’s difficult to separate myself from the world of that story.

That’s a good sign, although going through every door in a barrel roll with a drawn pistol can make for slow progress down the street

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I agree with all of the above,

Maybe it depends on how your mind works, I don't know I'm not some kind of mind analyst,

I think it's amazing though how you can be almost possessed by something and made to feel things.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It varies for me. I find the weirdest things moving - I actually cried twice reading World War Z (I haven't seen the film, I hear it's shit).

» Add a new message to this topic