FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Talking down to....

Talking down to....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Watching newsround and they are thalkings to the kids like they are idiots its infuriating.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Watching newsround and they are thalkings to the kids like they are idiots its infuriating."
Some of them are though lol

Thats talking lol. And in general people talikg to you like you are a moron

Rant over....

"Thats talking lol. And in general people talikg to you like you are a moron

Rant over...."

Are we still talking about kids here?

Theres no need for that, a lot of doctors and nurses talk to adults like that too.

We bring our kids up to walk, talk and have opinions, then we tell them to sit, shut up because you don't know as much as I do!

This never would have happened if John Craven were still doing it!

Not just kids but adults aswell hate being talked down too.

Kids programmes are so dumbed down now its insulting

"Kids programmes are so dumbed down now its insulting"
Maybe there is a reason for that?

Some kids we know have trouble stringing a coherent sentence together, and let us not forget text speak.

I dont think kids programes are as good as they were in the eighties, not that i have seen that many. I think if you talk to kids as if there stupid, then they will act stupid. When my son was a baby, i would talk to him in the same way i talk to adults.

"Kids programmes are so dumbed down now its insulting"

So are the kids! Half of them are dumped in front of the tv by lazy arsed parents who think its ok. If you think tv is more dumbed down than the likes of the 1970's and 80s stuff like blue peter, swapshop etc then god help us! That crap was a patronising as it comes.

"I dont think kids programes are as good as they were in the eighties, not that i have seen that many. I think if you talk to kids as if there stupid, then they will act stupid. When my son was a baby, i would talk to him in the same way i talk to adults."

+1 same as

"I dont think kids programes are as good as they were in the eighties, not that i have seen that many. I think if you talk to kids as if there stupid, then they will act stupid. When my son was a baby, i would talk to him in the same way i talk to adults.

+1 same as"

So did your baby understand you?

"I dont think kids programes are as good as they were in the eighties, not that i have seen that many. I think if you talk to kids as if there stupid, then they will act stupid. When my son was a baby, i would talk to him in the same way i talk to adults.

+1 same asSo did your baby understand you? "

I dont know if he did, but a few people used to say, what an inteligent baby, is he yours.

Both of my children I could have a full proper conversation with them by the time they were both two once they started talking they never shut up lol

"Watching newsround and they are thalkings to the kids like they are idiots its infuriating."

noooooooooooooooooooooo - not that!

(they cottoned on you're watchin!)

I can't comment on baby/kids programs from the 80's but i know my 2yr old has learnt a lot from Cbeebies.

"I can't comment on baby/kids programs from the 80's but i know my 2yr old has learnt a lot from Cbeebies.

"

my boys watch cbeebies, some of the programmes are great, but the likes of waybaloos and tweenies an the like all seem to have characters that dont speak properly, all kinds of random mumblings and noises, ive never thought the likes of that can be good for a kids development

"I can't comment on baby/kids programs from the 80's but i know my 2yr old has learnt a lot from Cbeebies.

my boys watch cbeebies, some of the programmes are great, but the likes of waybaloos and tweenies an the like all seem to have characters that dont speak properly, all kinds of random mumblings and noises, ive never thought the likes of that can be good for a kids development "

well from personal experience my daughters speech id say is fairly advanced compared to some other 2 year old children. I know children learn at different rates but i doubt very much the BBC would spend millions on the likes of Teletubbies or In the night garden if they weren't educational and children didn't find them appealing.

» Add a new message to this topic