FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Music introduced by your kids ?

Music introduced by your kids ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Most of us inherit some of our musical taste from our parents, as in what they played and listened to when we were very young, for me my dad was a massive rock n roll fan so I have a soft spot for Elvis , The Everly Brothers and in particular Billy Fury ! In turn my girls have grown up listening to a lot of that mixed with Kerrang But now the tables have turned as my teen insists on being in control of the music in the car and I have been introduced to some brilliant - in my opinion- stuff I would never have come across such as Slaves, Bakar, Yungblud , Blackbear, Childish Gambino just to name a few ! So my long winded question is what music have you ‘inherited’ from your kids ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Both of ours have long since left home but Plan B is one I particularly remember. I gave one of their friends a lift once and when he heard the music I played in my car he declared me a legend . Mind you one of them used to tell me not to sing when I gave their friends a lift

"Both of ours have long since left home but Plan B is one I particularly remember. I gave one of their friends a lift once and when he heard the music I played in my car he declared me a legend . Mind you one of them used to tell me not to sing when I gave their friends a lift "

I am too banned for singing along lol

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Mine have got me listening to all sorts. I probably listen to Old Town Road by Lil Nas X more than they do now

Hillside desolate

[Removed by poster at 06/09/19 08:50:03]

Hillside desolate

"Mine have got me listening to all sorts. I probably listen to Old Town Road by Lil Nas X more than they do now "

It's not all good though, they both love George Ezra

They're only young hopefully they'll grow out of it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My older kids got me liking some things like panic at the disco and other similar bands of that time that I may not have gotten hooked on. Now they’re just part of my music library. I was sometimes banned from singing but usually did it anyway hahah Our little one is 8 and I think she’s going to bring some good music to us when she’s older, she’s got some excellent eclectic taste. - Mrs

"Mine have got me listening to all sorts. I probably listen to Old Town Road by Lil Nas X more than they do now

It's not all good though, they both love George Ezra

They're only young hopefully they'll grow out of it

"

Sending thoughts and imaginary Prayers that you can free them of this affliction.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

When my Eldest lived at home, his bedroom was above the dining room which was also my office.

I kept a wooden broom handle next to my bed

I'd often bang on the ceiling when he was playing music.

His friend was confused one day, I banged, he turned it up, I banged again, volume up, Adter the 4th time his friend told him he thought I was getting angry

"Nah, she loves Marilyn Manson, she wants it turned up"

I reached CoolMum status that day

"My older kids got me liking some things like panic at the disco and other similar bands of that time that I may not have gotten hooked on. Now they’re just part of my music library. I was sometimes banned from singing but usually did it anyway hahah Our little one is 8 and I think she’s going to bring some good music to us when she’s older, she’s got some excellent eclectic taste. - Mrs "

Love Panic At The Disco I think I was a fan before the kids were!

Growing up was Country music my Dad fav,and Tom Jones my mams fav

,my kids had me singing along to Blue Dab a dear often making the words up as I sang lol,now I sing along to anything my Grandkids sing to

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

Anything goes in our house, and yes, kids rule the speakers - one day it's Debussy, the next, Knife Party. If I'm really fortunate, I get a battle of the airwaves as they clash on moods

I hate when my oldest gets in the car its all that street grime garbage giving kids helpful tips and instructions on how to burle houses and twoc cars it does my nut in the middle one tho he listens and loves all music from the 50s to now

The little one like the song i wrote for him and peppa pig

My Dad got me into the Stones and the Beatles our eldest daughter got my wife into Rock n Roll and youngest daughter got me into Mumford and Sons. Saw them live at Hyde Park excellent gig

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I was brought up on Irish music and stuff like the Beatles but I listen to urban music, my kids haven’t influenced any music I listen to but my eldest will often come to me with a new song if he thinks it’s a banger so we do listen to very similar stuff

D.

» Add a new message to this topic