FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > repairing mobile screen

repairing mobile screen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

has anyone ever replaced their own mobile screen themselves? one of my twins smashed my htc wildfire S this morning on the way to school and the screen is completely cracked...I have seen kits i=on ebay with replacement screen and the tools to do it...just wanted to see if anyone had ever done it themselves...would rather pay the £21 for the kit than the £100 for a new screen through O2 shop...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"has anyone ever replaced their own mobile screen themselves? one of my twins smashed my htc wildfire S this morning on the way to school and the screen is completely cracked...I have seen kits i=on ebay with replacement screen and the tools to do it...just wanted to see if anyone had ever done it themselves...would rather pay the £21 for the kit than the £100 for a new screen through O2 shop..."

check out you tube, ive replaced a few and its really easy to do if you follow the instructions!

you can get it cheaper than £100, find a small mobile shop, my daughter has a iphone 4 and smashed the screen, i paid £30 to have it replaced at a shop, you just need to shop about

yeh its pretty straight forward with the right tools. torq screwdriver set and one of those lil prying tools to get between the cracks

ebay sell the complete tool kits for peanuts

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"yeh its pretty straight forward with the right tools. torq screwdriver set and one of those lil prying tools to get between the cracks

ebay sell the complete tool kits for peanuts"

yeah have seen ones for £19.95...I think I will go ahead and order one now that I have watched a couple of the youtube videos and feel a bit more confident about being able to do it myself.Feel like and idiot for not getting the insurance when I got the phone in december though...lol

Thanks all for your help

» Add a new message to this topic