FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dilemma!

Dilemma!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tudiousPip OP   Woman  over a year ago

W Yorks

I'm sat in a pub waiting to meet a Fabber for the first time. He's late, but the motorway traffic is horrendous cos of a fatal accident. How long do I leave it till I accept I've been stood up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

What time was the meet?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Has he contacted you to say he's running late?

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

"I'm sat in a pub waiting to meet a Fabber for the first time. He's late, but the motorway traffic is horrendous cos of a fatal accident. How long do I leave it till I accept I've been stood up?"

Until you finish your drink... unless theres constant contact

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

When did he last contact you?

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I hope it’s not a time waster for you. If your local just stay and have a good night anyway.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/19 19:31:45]

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Last orders

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

M62 did have problems earlier. I'm working in Brighouse tomorrow and was checking my route on Google maps, which showed a 45min delay. Just re-checked and there are no hold-ups.

Have you got a smart phone with traffic updates on the maps, like iPhones for example.

That’ll show if the roads are all “red” and congested and if the excuse is valid. Do you know where they’re coming from and what route they’re on?

cant you tx him

By *atisfying jackMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I hate tardiness so no matter what I'd wouldn't be happy...but no matter the situation, a call or message saying hes going to be late is the least he can do.

"I hate tardiness so no matter what I'd wouldn't be happy...but no matter the situation, a call or message saying hes going to be late is the least he can do."

I’ve been 3 hours late to work before now due to a fatal traffic accident, no tardiness involved on my part. I’m assuming from the OPs message that they have contacted them to explain why they’re late

W Yorks

The traffic app shows all red for the junction he'd need to take. No messages from him though.

*Sigh* He seemed so genuine!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The traffic app shows all red for the junction he'd need to take. No messages from him though.

*Sigh* He seemed so genuine!"

Have you tried to contact him?

"The traffic app shows all red for the junction he'd need to take. No messages from him though.

*Sigh* He seemed so genuine!"

Ah the no messages thing isn’t great, unless he’s in the accident (hope not) or phone not to hand .. ?

Hereford

Sorry to hear it.

Hopefully it's not anything serious his end, however chin up...it obviously wasn't meant to be.

W Yorks

"

I’ve been 3 hours late to work before now due to a fatal traffic accident, no tardiness involved on my part. I’m assuming from the OPs message that they have contacted them to explain why they’re late"

No contact, but he might not be able to if he's driving... I'm making excuses for him. I've been stood up, haven't I?

Remind me again how it's easier for women than men on here...

W Yorks

[Removed by poster at 05/09/19 19:40:39]

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I think if he hasn't even contacted you to explain the situation then I wouldn't give him all that long. I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation and I hope he's show x

I’m really sorry I hope he’s ok and that he gets in touch with some sort of explanation. You deserve better. - Mrs

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"[Removed by poster at 05/09/19 19:40:39]"
give him a ring then u will know

Hereford

"

I’ve been 3 hours late to work before now due to a fatal traffic accident, no tardiness involved on my part. I’m assuming from the OPs message that they have contacted them to explain why they’re late

No contact, but he might not be able to if he's driving... I'm making excuses for him. I've been stood up, haven't I?

Remind me again how it's easier for women than men on here..."

Sorry to say it but I think you have. If it was me and I was stuck in traffic or running late, the first thing I would do is make contact with the person I was meeting.

Hope you make a good night of it anyway and forget about it

B38

"[Removed by poster at 05/09/19 19:40:39] give him a ring then u will know "

yes, definitely contact him

If he is genuinely stuck because of traffic then it will be hard for him to make contact unless he can safely pull over somewhere.

I'd give him as long as I was prepared to wait and then leave.

W Yorks

I've messaged my friend to join me instead. So it'd be dead awkward if he shows up now!

we organised a gb the other day, invited 10 guys and 2 couples, nobody showed up, they all seemd gen too, good veryies etc, had numbers etc, but no responce, seems the more popular this sight becomes the worse it gets, inevitable i suppose

"If he is genuinely stuck because of traffic then it will be hard for him to make contact unless he can safely pull over somewhere.

I'd give him as long as I was prepared to wait and then leave. "

I'd message him to let him know i'd waited as long as I could. Just in case. Then I'd do something nice.

"I've messaged my friend to join me instead. So it'd be dead awkward if he shows up now! "

Good for you OP. However, if he turns up, order him a snowball haha! X

If he's stuck in slow moving traffic due to an accident, unless he has your number and can ting hands free how can he make contact? I wouldn't risk 6 points and a fine to text a meet I was stuck in traffic.

Either way cut your losses he's either stood you up or could turn up at anytime from the next 5 minutes to hours late due to road closures

"I've messaged my friend to join me instead. So it'd be dead awkward if he shows up now! "

I wouldn't have done that though. Looks a bit shitty if he does turn up. I'd rather someone wasn't there than there with someone else.

You are in the pub so enjoy. From my experience he will not turn up. If you stuck due to accident well you don't drive so no excuse not to text you. Far too many people like that on here. Have fun with your friend instead. Maybe you meet some nice bloke in the pub.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Activate 'see who's near' there could be someone on the next table

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

"I've messaged my friend to join me instead. So it'd be dead awkward if he shows up now!

You are in the pub so enjoy. From my experience he will not turn up. If you stuck due to accident well you don't drive so no excuse not to text you. Far too many people like that on here. Have fun with your friend instead. Maybe you meet some nice bloke in the pub. "

Even stuck in standing traffic and texting can lead to 6 points on the licence as it's still classed as driving.

I just have to press a button on my steering wheel and talk to the car and it will make the call for me

W Yorks

"I've messaged my friend to join me instead. So it'd be dead awkward if he shows up now!

I wouldn't have done that though. Looks a bit shitty if he does turn up. I'd rather someone wasn't there than there with someone else. "

I'm meeting him in a different pub. Just booked my cab. If I'm meeting my friend rather than a Fabber I might as well do it in my local!

"we organised a gb the other day, invited 10 guys and 2 couples, nobody showed up, they all seemd gen too, good veryies etc, had numbers etc, but no responce, seems the more popular this sight becomes the worse it gets, inevitable i suppose "

Sorry to hear that. That's why I gave up on private meets. Prefer clubs. You can see talk to people and if you fancy have fun. I've met some great people in clubs and we are good friends going out together or organising parties together.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Could be stuck in traffic, could be unable to use his phone but sounds like the window of opportunity for this meet has closed.

I'd move on elsewhere to avoid the awkward scenario with your mate if he does turn up.

If he gets there and/or texts you you can decide whether to give it another chance.

In the meantime enjoy your night .

W Yorks

Thanks for giving me something to do while waiting! X

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

"Thanks for giving me something to do while waiting! X"

enjoy the rest of your night sweet

W Yorks

Well, this was an unexpected twist to the evening... I was checking my messages to see if the chap I was meant to be meeting had been in touch (he hasn't) and my friend of 20+ years asked if I was on Fab... He recognised it cos he's been on as a couple in the past! And I never knew!

Lots to discuss now

B38

a night with a twist...gotta love em..by the way is your friend hot..all might not be lost

W Yorks

I've never really looked at him that way... I think it might spoil the friendship. But he's visited clubs before so I might have a club buddy! Someone to drive me home when my legs are too wobbly to use the clutch

B38

"I've never really looked at him that way... I think it might spoil the friendship. But he's visited clubs before so I might have a club buddy! Someone to drive me home when my legs are too wobbly to use the clutch "

well I'd say that's just perfect...bonus and a good night after all.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I've never really looked at him that way... I think it might spoil the friendship. But he's visited clubs before so I might have a club buddy! Someone to drive me home when my legs are too wobbly to use the clutch "

Well there you go, result, everything happens for a reason

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I would have checked the presumed route for likely duration as well as communicated to request information from the person.

Without response, though with knowing of a traffic problem, it would be 1 hour max, which is generous.

I'd potentially go to do something else, with a request to notify me of an update. It's illegal to text and drive, so I'd give thought for someone in a nightmare journey, doing it to meet me.

» Add a new message to this topic