FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Russian Homophobia

Russian Homophobia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uryWhip OP   Man  over a year ago

Harringay

I just got a message from a guy on Fabguys who lives in Russia. As we know Russia is a very homophobic country and very much against the LGBTQ community. This guy or guys,says 'we' a lot, is trying to find freinds outside of Russia. My problem is, I dont know how much Russian authorities monitor this kind of online traffic. We all what they've been capable in the past. Im not intersted in any conspiracy bullshit, just not sure how to proceed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just don't travel to Russia

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

KGB be knocking on your door soon.....

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"Just don't travel to Russia "

I've been to Russia and experienced nothing but friendliness (despite what I am)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Dont use "perfume" you find in a skip.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Dont use "perfume" you find in a skip. "

Agreed.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I doubt very much the authorities would have the resources to monitor small fry like you. If you stay out of Russia I can't imagine you would have any consequences. I can't say that for the person you are talking to. I hope he is safe, but it's a messed up country over there.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I just got a message from a guy on Fabguys who lives in Russia. As we know Russia is a very homophobic country and very much against the LGBTQ community. This guy or guys,says 'we' a lot, is trying to find freinds outside of Russia. My problem is, I dont know how much Russian authorities monitor this kind of online traffic. We all what they've been capable in the past. Im not intersted in any conspiracy bullshit, just not sure how to proceed. "

You've reading too much western biased propaganda my friend. I've met Russians and what they tell me is this: Russia is not a homophobic country as gays have the same rights there as everyone else. They are on the whole more conservative and tolerate it but don't want it thrown in their faces. It's why they passed legislation that outlawed homosexual propaganda to minors. They have a "don't ask don't tell" mentality which is different from the liberal west.

I've confirmed this trough some researching of my own. Is it oppressive? By our standards perhaps, it's how they are. I think their authorities have bigger concerns than monitoring online traffic to catch people from the LGBT community.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"

You've reading too much western biased propaganda my friend. I've met Russians and what they tell me is this: Russia is not a homophobic country as gays have the same rights there as everyone else. They are on the whole more conservative and tolerate it but don't want it thrown in their faces. It's why they passed legislation that outlawed homosexual propaganda to minors. They have a "don't ask don't tell" mentality which is different from the liberal west.

I've confirmed this trough some researching of my own. Is it oppressive? By our standards perhaps, it's how they are. I think their authorities have bigger concerns than monitoring online traffic to catch people from the LGBT community."

Yeah this ^.. As I say, I've been there a few times and as a Trans person I've had nothing but friendliness ...as you say, I believe it's propaganda.. I get more grief from this country to be honest

By *uryWhip OP   Man  over a year ago

Harringay

I've met Russians and I know Russians and yes, there has been a lot reported in the media especially with a few rock bands playing in Moscow recently with dudes kissing on stage in the face of much talked about homophobia. Its been rife over there for years. Im not saying theyd be monitoring me persè but they way this guy talks about having to live in secret in fear of gangs finding out, public ridicule and being beaten nearly half to death, have to wonder what is safe. Clearly this was the wrong place to ask such a question.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Clearly this was the wrong place to ask such a question."

What is your question ?

[Removed by poster at 04/09/19 10:15:48]

"Just don't travel to Russia

I've been to Russia and experienced nothing but friendliness (despite what I am)"

I have been too and the public are great but the authorities are something else.

By *ay4realstr8TV/TS  over a year ago

hoyland

What they do in Russia is entirely upto them, were not in Russia however were in the UK which has long since accepted any rainbow sexuality group. So party like it’s 1989 I say and block the Russian.

They will catch you dude

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

"They will catch you dude "

It will be monitored, but won't be used unless they need to. They are more a Conservative society, not homophobic.

» Add a new message to this topic