FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motivate me!

Motivate me!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exki11en OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

So I have no idea what possessed me since I don't even run for a bus, but hubby & I signed up for the Bristol half marathon in September. We're running for Infertility Network.

Almost 3 months since we signed up and we've been for the grand total of 1 run

Help motivate me or I fear I may kill myself trying to run 13 miles in Sept. (we're attempting C25K initially)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you run 6.5 miles tonight,you can buy yourself some new shoes tomorrow xx

Bristol

"If you run 6.5 miles tonight,you can buy yourself some new shoes tomorrow xx"

gulp. 6.5 metres might be a more realistic goal to start with

I'm liking your motivational style tho....

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I suspect you may kill yourself in running the first half mile. Not wishing it upon you of course.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Is there anywhere you can run actually to - work, a family member or friends place? I've run half and full marathons and I find the training helps if you're actually running with a goal to get somewhere - so I'd run to work, or to visit my parents. Not always possible or practical I know.

"If you run 6.5 miles tonight,you can buy yourself some new shoes tomorrow xx

gulp. 6.5 metres might be a more realistic goal to start with

I'm liking your motivational style tho...."

OK 1 mile and you can buy one shoe Lovely tit's by the way x

"So I have no idea what possessed me since I don't even run for a bus, but hubby & I signed up for the Bristol half marathon in September. We're running for Infertility Network.

Help motivate me or I fear I may kill myself trying to run 13 miles in Sept. (we're attempting C25K initially)"

how about imagining all the fella's on here are chasing you waving their cock pics for you to see?

Gerroff yer arse!!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"So I have no idea what possessed me since I don't even run for a bus, but hubby & I signed up for the Bristol half marathon in September. We're running for Infertility Network.

Help motivate me or I fear I may kill myself trying to run 13 miles in Sept. (we're attempting C25K initially)"

Infertility network you say?

It's maybe a bit late now but would it not have been better and easier to knock out a sprog instead and donate that ?

In the words of Apollo Creed: 'There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!'

Go get them champ

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I've downloaded that app as have registered to do race for life in June. So far have done one session lol

Went for a bike ride this morning, was only for about 10 minutes but it was more than i did yesterday so that's a positive.

Maybe we could have an exercise thread like we have had a diet thread and report back every week how we are progressing?

evesham

Help motivate me or I fear I may kill myself trying to run 13 miles in Sept. (we're attempting C25K initially)

It's maybe a bit late now but would it not have been better and easier to knock out a sprog instead and donate that ? "

Think you might have missed the point as to why that charity in your haste to be witty

Bristol

It's maybe a bit late now but would it not have been better and easier to knock out a sprog instead and donate that ? "

I will assume you are trolling and not say exactly what I wanted to, but just in case you are genuinely thick as pigshit, let me spell it out for you.

We are infertile,hence us running for the cause.

I found your comment in the worst possible taste and if it was meant as a joke - shame on you.

Get a decent running programme, pin it on the wall and tick the sessions of as you do them.

Make sure you get decent running shoes so you don't get injured and get put off.

Don't push yourself too far too soon!

Cross train at least once a week to stop yourself getting bored and help prevent injury.

Give yourself goals and as you achieve them do something nice (meal/purchase etc)

To add, if you want anything ping me on mail, I run a lot and do a lot of competitions so always nice to chat to people about it :D

It's maybe a bit late now but would it not have been better and easier to knock out a sprog instead and donate that ?

I will assume you are trolling and not say exactly what I wanted to, but just in case you are genuinely thick as pigshit, let me spell it out for you.

We are infertile,hence us running for the cause.

I found your comment in the worst possible taste and if it was meant as a joke - shame on you. "

On very rare occasions a humourous comment can go horribly wrong...

No trolls in here...;-)

How about joining a 'circuit training' class? they are actually a lot of fun and really hard going too... well for me anyhoo

[Removed by poster at 20/03/12 20:21:14]

Very good advice from Brightbabe.

I would also add that if your lacking will power; try joining a running club. So long as you find people there you connect with it will give you a place to be at certain times during the week. They'll give you moral support and the peer pressure i.e fear of letting others down should hopefully spur you on to greater things.

Good luck and enjoy both the journey and destination.

I didnt like going out running and generally the weather up here is shitty enuf without running in the rain !!

Buy a playstation or a wii and get some fitness games.. an hour a day on the fitness trainer games etc will help you loads.. well it has me - marie

Good Luck

What motivates me to attend dance classes 3 times a week, and to work out on the exercise bike?

No one but myself, so that I can continue to eat what I want whenever I feel like it without having to be a diet bore.

If I manage to lose way, then it will be a bonus and I shall celebrate by having a good meal!

I can only suggest the 'punishment/reward' stratergy..have something waiting for you at the finish line, like the promise of kebab meal with a tall cool glass of something very alcoholic.

"I can only suggest the 'punishment/reward' stratergy..have something waiting for you at the finish line, like the promise of kebab meal with a tall cool glass of something very alcoholic."

Thats just downright nasty !!!

people dont need to run half a marathon for them - we just go to the pub for one or 2 drinks and suddenly the Kebab urge is there ..

OP I hope you come back to this thread after reading what was a very insensitive comment earlier by another poster, I know you were upset by that.

Well obviously you can see from my body that I'm not exactly a toned athlete, but I would suggest a few circuit training classes, they are really hard going (which is why I've never attended), in a class with other people though, you have to keep up a little.

Build up your running sessions, keep a record of when you are running that little bit further each time and have a treat when you've achieved a certain goal.

Do buy some good running shoes so you are comfortable, oh and nipple shields, you don't want those fine nipples chaffing

evesham

2nd morning of the week and i have just done a workout off my biggest loser dvd should have worn clothes though as had to hold my boobs down when doing the cardiovascular bit

"I can only suggest the 'punishment/reward' stratergy..have something waiting for you at the finish line, like the promise of kebab meal with a tall cool glass of something very alcoholic."

I don't get this... Surely the reward is completing something you never thought you could do, the reward is the sense of achievement, the reward is getting fitter and healthier in the process

"I can only suggest the 'punishment/reward' stratergy..have something waiting for you at the finish line, like the promise of kebab meal with a tall cool glass of something very alcoholic.

I don't get this... Surely the reward is completing something you never thought you could do, the reward is the sense of achievement, the reward is getting fitter and healthier in the process"

..sighhh..oh alright!..we'll go with the 'no gain without pain...yer get out wot yer put in, is reward enough' philosophy then!

'kay??..mr 'blood sweat an tears.

"I can only suggest the 'punishment/reward' stratergy..have something waiting for you at the finish line, like the promise of kebab meal with a tall cool glass of something very alcoholic.

I don't get this... Surely the reward is completing something you never thought you could do, the reward is the sense of achievement, the reward is getting fitter and healthier in the process

..sighhh..oh alright!..we'll go with the 'no gain without pain...yer get out wot yer put in, is reward enough' philosophy then!

'kay??..mr 'blood sweat an tears."

Do what you like ...

"

Do what you like ... "

..words to live by..

"OP I hope you come back to this thread after reading what was a very insensitive comment earlier by another poster, I know you were upset by that.

Well obviously you can see from my body that I'm not exactly a toned athlete, but I would suggest a few circuit training classes, they are really hard going (which is why I've never attended), in a class with other people though, you have to keep up a little.

Build up your running sessions, keep a record of when you are running that little bit further each time and have a treat when you've achieved a certain goal.

Do buy some good running shoes so you are comfortable, oh and nipple shields, you don't want those fine nipples chaffing

"

By *appyTrancerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

As soon as it's light, get your ass out that door and get running in the park lol.

Seriously - I'll come with you if ya like

HTx

Bristol

Lots of good suggestions here.

I think the weight loss will motivate me more than anything. I'm 2 stone heavier than this time 2 years ago so i'd love to get back to where I was (and possibly a bit more)

Loving the tip about nipple chafing too I certainly don't want that!

And HT - you betcha life you're running with me!

roller skates are the future

Bristol

"

roller skates are the future"

Hahahaha, this made me lol. I'm sure even I could manage that!

By *nytimeadeMan  over a year ago

Skegness

"

Hahahaha, this made me lol. I'm sure even I could manage that!"

I can knock you a pole with a Sail on it ,to hold , and let the wind just take you ...

Bristol

"

Hahahaha, this made me lol. I'm sure even I could manage that!

I can knock you a pole with a Sail on it ,to hold , and let the wind just take you ...

"

- loving the suggestions. Very ...erm.....creative!

Keep em coming!

Not very creative... But... Before you set off running or brisk walking... Stretch all your muscles to warm them up...;-)

And dont do too much each time or you will cramp or be painfully stiff next day which will put you off...

A little goes a long way...;-)

Bristol

"Not very creative... But... Before you set off running or brisk walking... Stretch all your muscles to warm them up...;-)

And dont do too much each time or you will cramp or be painfully stiff next day which will put you off...

A little goes a long way...;-)"

See, I wish I'd known this before my first run. I warmed up, but not down. I couldn't walk for 3 days after Guys at work thought it was hilarious watching me hobble round the office

» Add a new message to this topic