FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > best year to be a kid

best year to be a kid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

according to some newspaper or other the year 1976 was the best year to of been a kid

i kind of remember it slightly i was 5 and my aunt was having her roof changed from thatch to slate and it was damn hot, we lived on the edge of a reservior and it practically dried up we could walk right across the middle of it

but other than that i could not say if it was a good year to be a kid or not as my memories are very limited

i think my best year to be a kid for me was 1984 i was 13 i had some fabulous new roller blades and got a walkman for my birthday, my dad had left which for most is traumatic but for me was wonderful my mum had a new fella that i had know since a very young age and loved dearly he made me feel safe , sadly he died a year later but i had a wonderful year with him in our lives, we moved to a neighbouring village and i made some great new friends

i discovered cider which got me in some trouble made a few messes i had to clear up and i still can't stand the smell of it takes me right back to being 13 and hugging a toilet bowl lol

had my first snog at a school disco after practising all summer long on my poster of Dave Coverdale and felt very dissapointed it wasn't anywhere near as good as i had imagined

we had a huge garage in the garden and i was allwoed to have quite a few sleepovers in there was fabulous fun as it wasn't really used as a garage had carpet and seats and a fridge in there so made for some fabulous sleepovers usually around 10 girls giggling the night away jumping around singing girls just wanna have fun over n over so can now fully see why we were banished out there instead of the house

yep i can definately say for me 1984 was the best year to be a kid

so what for you was the best year to be a kid and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All of the 80's were great for me.Had so many good times with my friends plus the music was awesome.

Oh the long hot summer of '76, how dearly I remember it. Cracked earth and blisteringly hot days out on our bikes rambling across Bedfordshire. If my memory serves me well it was followed by a very cold winter and a white christmas, but that summer is one I'll never forget as it was also the very first time I ever saw a pussy in the flesh so to speak.

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Anyone who had a good childhood, between ages 7-12 will say one of those years....

Late 70's for me.....Though I do cringe at the photos

I was born 1978 so yes I was an 80s child loved it.

1996 for me, i was 8years old and living in Germany. Hot summers and freezing cold winters. I discovered music that year (spice girls, boyzone, take that, aqua, smurfs, gina g, peter andre, fugee's, mark morrison)

Remember communal BBQ's and pool parties, the park was right next door to our block of flats, just started middle school, used to build bases in bushes, playing kerby, bike rides with my parents in the long summer evenings. marbles & pogs were the crazes. Roller blading was a big thing too.

I wish i could re live that year over n over

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

1976 was the year i started secondary school, i remember it clearly cause it was the long hot summer and there was a drought, we where ment to start school beginning of september but because no water we didnt go until october

"Anyone who had a good childhood, between ages 7-12 will say one of those years....

Late 70's for me.....Though I do cringe at the photos

"

yeah think it is deffo about the age of the child. Im sure each year was a different experience for different children and hard to compare each situation and experience.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh i remember 1984 very well...i discovered that chatlines cost a lot, eurythmics were at number one and boys were nasty

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I remember 76 well hot hot hot. Moved home a few times, learnt to shoot, remember the day it rained everyone outside dancing in rain

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Because "we won the war of 1974!"

I was 11 in 1976, and was still living at home.

1979 was the year I came over to the UK to study at a boarding school, the first time I was away from home and in a foreign country, and that's when the fun started.

Happy days!

1976..First shag and blowjob,first time I saw Bowie live and a lot of other firsts..some of which I'd sooner forget

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

1966 was pretty good for me. I passed the 11+, got a new racing bike and went to the school of my choice (it had a swimming pool!) and to top it all off we won the World Cup lol

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"1996 for me, i was 8years old and living in Germany. Hot summers and freezing cold winters. I discovered music that year (spice girls, boyzone, take that, aqua, smurfs, gina g, peter andre, fugee's, mark morrison)

Remember communal BBQ's and pool parties, the park was right next door to our block of flats, just started middle school, used to build bases in bushes, playing kerby, bike rides with my parents in the long summer evenings. marbles & pogs were the crazes. Roller blading was a big thing too.

I wish i could re live that year over n over"

That ain't music Sassy, more like torture

In 1976 I had a red Raleigh Chopper bike and it was stolen in 1978. I loved that bike.

But... reading yesterday's article in THE SUN about the best year to be a kid... I looked at the bottom of the article and there it was... MY BIKE!! Found it!! Wooo Hoooo!!

They got a nice big photo of it too!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4205731.ece

"

I wish i could re live that year over n over

That ain't music Sassy, more like torture "

Ok my personal taste in music has since evolved but it was my first introduction to it where i took note of the charts.. all good times though

2012 is good enough for me

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"In 1976 I had a red Raleigh Chopper bike and it was stolen in 1978. I loved that bike.

But... reading yesterday's article in THE SUN about the best year to be a kid... I looked at the bottom of the article and there it was... MY BIKE!! Found it!! Wooo Hoooo!!

They got a nice big photo of it too!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4205731.ece"

cheers for that treacle i heard it on this moring so was interesting to read the actual article it came from

i was surprised to see what it says about kids not playing out as much although thinking about it it was only once we moved to the village we now live in that our boys finally got all the freedom they craved to play out as previously i found every excuse i could to keep them in away from the locals where we lived before, sound like a right snob don't i , but i guess i can see from that experience why a lot don't play out and that coupled with computer gaming type stuff i can understand it, just glad we moved whilst ours were still young

glad ya found ya bike btw

» Add a new message to this topic