FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Face pic before a meet for safety?

Face pic before a meet for safety?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think you should be sending anyone's photo to a friend

Meet in a public place

Always have a contingency / back up plan

Yeah give the details to a mate and tell them you will check in pretty much as soon as you meet them....then again at an agreed time

You haven't seen their face? Have you spoken to them by phone or cam and checked they are legit?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I wouldn't meet them if they don't send a photo. And let someone know where you're going.

"I don't think you should be sending anyone's photo to a friend "

Sorry but that’s what I did with dating etc. A male friend would insist on details sent if meeting alone. He would message me to check during the evening. If no response by a certain time then he would have acted on that.

"You haven't seen their face? Have you spoken to them by phone or cam and checked they are legit? "

When they come back online I will be asking for a recent face photo of them doing something specific in the said photo. Will ask if we can talk first before we meet.

"I don't think you should be sending anyone's photo to a friend

Sorry but that’s what I did with dating etc. A male friend would insist on details sent if meeting alone. He would message me to check during the evening. If no response by a certain time then he would have acted on that. "

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

"What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?"

Soooo your meeting someone you've never seen?

Sorry but that’s what I did with dating etc. A male friend would insist on details sent if meeting alone. He would message me to check during the evening. If no response by a certain time then he would have acted on that. "

I'd be horrified and bloody annoyed if someone was sending my face pic on. I think it's unnecessary

"You haven't seen their face? Have you spoken to them by phone or cam and checked they are legit?

When they come back online I will be asking for a recent face photo of them doing something specific in the said photo. Will ask if we can talk first before we meet. "

Instead of asking them to jump through hoops, why not just send your face pic and suggest it's maybe a good idea for you to exchange them beforehand

Sorry but that’s what I did with dating etc. A male friend would insist on details sent if meeting alone. He would message me to check during the evening. If no response by a certain time then he would have acted on that.

I'd be horrified and bloody annoyed if someone was sending my face pic on. I think it's unnecessary "

It was my best friend and he would have seen it anyway before I met someone.

I'd be horrified and bloody annoyed if someone was sending my face pic on. I think it's unnecessary "

Maybe just the other details then? You can't be too careful?

"You haven't seen their face? Have you spoken to them by phone or cam and checked they are legit?

When they come back online I will be asking for a recent face photo of them doing something specific in the said photo. Will ask if we can talk first before we meet. "

I guess I don’t meet until I’ve spoken on the phone and got to know them via WhatsApp etc first for a period of time. I’ve never had any problems or been messed around. I don’t meet just for sex so can’t help but I don’t converse with people that don’t have face pics for starters.

When they come back online I will be asking for a recent face photo of them doing something specific in the said photo. Will ask if we can talk first before we meet.

Instead of asking them to jump through hoops, why not just send your face pic and suggest it's maybe a good idea for you to exchange them beforehand "

My face pics are readily available on my profile.

If someone was being particularly vague then I would. I’ve never had to because I got to know them better and they were pretty open to start with.

I'd be horrified and bloody annoyed if someone was sending my face pic on. I think it's unnecessary

Maybe just the other details then? You can't be too careful?"

You're a grown man. Arrange to meet in a public place and don't even consider anything else until you feel comfortable. You shouldn't really need that pointing out to you

I often if i like the sound of the guy to move over to. KIK.... then chat and phots on there b4 a social.

"

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Arrange a social. I was sent a face pic in my early years of another tv. Slim toned hot as fuck. What turned up was an overweight hairy panty wearer

"Arrange a social. I was sent a face pic in my early years of another tv. Slim toned hot as fuck. What turned up was an overweight hairy panty wearer "

One guy I met a few years ago had one picture here only. When I met him he no longer had any hair, was wearing glasses and when I asked him how old was that picture, he said it was taken 7 years before... I finished my half cider and went home. He offered to walk me back and I politely declined.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Tried to setup a meet with someone and his wife on another site. I sent my face pic to him for id. He flatly refused to send one back of him and wife but still wanted to meet. I did not meet.

If you don’t you’re playing with fire, it’s like Russian roulette.

Just needed those two for my fab bingo card. Please continue

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Don't go to someone's house who you've never met. Meet somewhere neutral and public at least once. Never agree to meet someone if you have no idea what they look like. You're meeting people off the net, be cautious

"Don't go to someone's house who you've never met. Meet somewhere neutral and public at least once. Never agree to meet someone if you have no idea what they look like. You're meeting people off the net, be cautious"

"What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?"
for your safety? What's she going to do to you lol

"What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?for your safety? What's she going to do to you lol "

I assume there are a lot of fake profiles on here. Just being cautious

Just so you know aswell, as you have no veries and neither do they, you will be unable verify each other

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

On another site I used to be on, a lady posted that she needed someone to do some work on her house - mainly hang some new internal doors. I had just been made redundant and am handy at stuff like that, so offered.

She sent a PM saying she needed new doors as her violent ex had kicked them all in, and because of what he had put her through she was anxious of meeting, but needed the work doing as she had to sell the house.

I said that we needed to meet in a public place for coffee, but she was still wary, so I sent her my full name, address, mobile and land line numbers, and a link to a work-related website so she could check my credentials.

We met for coffee in the town she lived in, got on like a house on fire, then a few days later invited me round to assess the work needed. From the state of her house caused by her ex, I could see why she was anxious.

This was about 7 years ago. I did the work, she sold the house and moved away to live closer to family, but we still keep in touch and if I'm in the area I call by for coffee.

It was probably OTT of me to give so many details of mine, but I just went by gut instinct that she wasn't a scammer.

"What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?

Just so you know aswell, as you have no veries and neither do they, you will be unable verify each other "

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

"On another site I used to be on, a lady posted that she needed someone to do some work on her house - mainly hang some new internal doors. I had just been made redundant and am handy at stuff like that, so offered.

She sent a PM saying she needed new doors as her violent ex had kicked them all in, and because of what he had put her through she was anxious of meeting, but needed the work doing as she had to sell the house.

I said that we needed to meet in a public place for coffee, but she was still wary, so I sent her my full name, address, mobile and land line numbers, and a link to a work-related website so she could check my credentials.

We met for coffee in the town she lived in, got on like a house on fire, then a few days later invited me round to assess the work needed. From the state of her house caused by her ex, I could see why she was anxious.

This was about 7 years ago. I did the work, she sold the house and moved away to live closer to family, but we still keep in touch and if I'm in the area I call by for coffee.

It was probably OTT of me to give so many details of mine, but I just went by gut instinct that she wasn't a scammer.

"

I know 95% of people on here are genuine and lovely as I have received lots of good advice but my gut is often wrong hence the post.

I haven't read all of the messages.. But my advice is talk on the phone or cam first, becsuse you never know, it could be a catfish man.

If she is not willing to send a face pic, then it makes me think she isn't going to meet you.

Thanks to every single one of you lovely fabbers.

Rhyl

"I haven't read all of the messages.. But my advice is talk on the phone or cam first, becsuse you never know, it could be a catfish man.

If she is not willing to send a face pic, then it makes me think she isn't going to meet you. "

Catmanfish

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

First meet, neutral public location. That's always my top tip for safety. Way less things can go wrong.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... Although without a face pic would be a non starter for me.

"What tips can you give for safety on a first meet as I am seeing someone tomorrow.they have photos on here but not of the face.they have no verifications but neither have I. I'm assuming that if I send the address and photo (if I get one) and send the details to a trusted friend that this will be enough? Or should I be doing more?for your safety? What's she going to do to you lol

I assume there are a lot of fake profiles on here. Just being cautious "

I've not come across one and if a guy turned up to the public place where you would be meeting for your social I don't see problem?

"I haven't read all of the messages.. But my advice is talk on the phone or cam first, becsuse you never know, it could be a catfish man.

If she is not willing to send a face pic, then it makes me think she isn't going to meet you.

Catmanfish "

By *ddit...Man  over a year ago

Land of the giants... ;-)

Hire the A-Team to go with you... the only thing you can do... good luck..

Rhyl

"... Although without a face pic would be a non starter for me. "

This multiplied by 100....

"Hire the A-Team to go with you... the only thing you can do... good luck.. "

Mwoooraahhh wrghl mwrooghhhd

Charlie says never go with men or ladies you don’t know

Rhyl

"Mwoooraahhh wrghl mwrooghhhd

Charlie says never go with men or ladies you don’t know"

excellent!

Meet in a social place. Don't give her your name and address. Good luck.

The young 'uns won't get this.

The younger generation won't have a clue what you're on about

Surprised anyone would meet without even seeing a face picture...

[Removed by poster at 31/08/19 19:45:38]

Really,it's not blind date OP, no face pic no meet its that simple

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

We don't give face pics but have veris, but definitely meet in public place we have met a few who looked nothing like their pic probably very old pics we just say hello and goodbye hate liars

"We don't give face pics but have veris, but definitely meet in public place we have met a few who looked nothing like their pic probably very old pics we just say hello and goodbye hate liars "

My photos are all from last two weeks but I really need to get verified. I'm a patient guy. It will happen eventually.

"Really,it's not blind date OP, no face pic no meet its that simple"

When are you meeting her OP?

Why on earth would you meet without seeing her face? Just not that fussy?

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

No face pic no meet.

"Why on earth would you meet without seeing his face? Just not that fussy?"

"No face pic no meet.

"

some women insist upon it

"Why on earth would you meet without seeing his face? Just not that fussy?"

Just got a message saying they wanted bareback wtf? No chance!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

By the time I've got to the point of meeting someone I've got to know them well enough to have a fair gut instinct that they are who they say they are and are genuine - but would still, for their safety as much as mine, only ever meet in a public place and after exchanging details such as contact numbers etc.

In fact anyone I'm meeting for the first time I trust enough to send them my full name, car reg and mobile number and always do so, again for their safety - I don't insist on getting them in return but like I said have enough gut instinct and common sense to be 99.9% certain that there won't be a problem by the time I've got to the point of meeting them.

Out of interest OP - if you've not seen a face pic how do you plan on recognising them? And how certain are you that they're not a bloke called Trevor?

My point is, why does a man need to feel safe meeting a woman!!!! I'm sorry don't get that

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We always like a face and full body picture to make sure we are physically attracted to them...

"My point is, why does a man need to feel safe meeting a woman!!!! I'm sorry don't get that "

Man turns up to meet 'woman' at a house.

Group of men at the house beat him up and rob him.

"Why on earth would you meet without seeing his face? Just not that fussy?

Just got a message saying they wanted bareback wtf? No chance!"

Have you done any sex chat with her?

Rhyl

Just got a message saying they wanted bareback wtf? No chance!"

Might be a horse your meeting...

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"My point is, why does a man need to feel safe meeting a woman!!!! I'm sorry don't get that "

The OP hasn't actually said it's a woman I don't think - but even so there are strange women out there just as there are strange men - and personal safety is surely key regardless of the gender of the person you are meeting

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Because he's savvy and knows that people on the net aren't always who or what they seem.

"My point is, why does a man need to feel safe meeting a woman!!!! I'm sorry don't get that

Man turns up to meet 'woman' at a house.

Group of men at the house beat him up and rob him. "

Exactly my point. Anyway bareback is not an option for me unless I'm in a relationship.

"My point is, why does a man need to feel safe meeting a woman!!!! I'm sorry don't get that

Because he's savvy and knows that people on the net aren't always who or what they seem."

Because crazy people come in all genders? It could be a man not even a woman at all.

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Just got a message saying they wanted bareback wtf? No chance!

Might be a horse your meeting... "

Neigh!!

*gets coat and slinks out, hanging head in shame*

» Add a new message to this topic