FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tattoos

Tattoos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey, I'm thinking about having a tattoo done. Any ideas for what to get and whereabouts to get it? Lucy x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

That really is your own personal choice, its on you forever do really should be a design you love and will never grow tired of

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

All of my tattoos are personal to me, and tell the story of my life. None were picked off a wall, all designed especially for me. Except my first one, which has since been covered up by another design.

So no one can really tell you what design to get, it should be a personal choice to you. Nothing winds me up more then asking a person why they got their tattoo, to be told it looked pretty on the wall!!!

People can advise you where hurts less on your body, but then everyone's pain threshold is different, so even that is pointless advice.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I love the wee man with a lawn mower tattooed by the pubes.

But its all down to personal choice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

have to agree with the others, its something you need to decide for yourself.

just be carefull i got my first one and then second one 3 months after that, im now eying up my 3rd and 4th

Best to get it done by a tattooist

Fantastic thread about tattoos a while ago, type in Tattoo in the FAB search, gives you loads of view points and pit falls

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys, might try doing my one design

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

absolutely the best idea, then a decent artist will rough out hte edges and make it look lovely.

would suggest, however, that as its your first, and also dependant on your job/family, have it somehwhere eassily hideable as some have a very dim view on skin art.

A tattoo is personal and for life so what you have and where you have it is down to your choice, but does need consideration and a view of your possible future life/employment etc etc

I have several on my forearms and cuddles has several so both like them

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

If you can find a decent tattooist, take them your rough ideas, and they will draw it up into something resembling what your idea is.

I can't draw for love nor money. I'm lucky enough to have found 2 artists since I started getting tattoo'd at 17 that are excellent drawing artists too, one in Scunthorpe, one in Southend.

I go see them, give them a rough idea of what I want. Last time I saw Jason, I told him I wanted a dragon holding a rose. He drew several versions for me, I chose my favourite, £120 and 3 hours later it was on my left calf.

That's about the only solid advice I can give about tattoos, find a good artist you are comfortable with.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Hey, I'm thinking about having a tattoo done. Any ideas for what to get and whereabouts to get it? Lucy x"

Get something with meaning to you....nothing worse than a generic design someone has picked off the wall.

For the first it might be best somewhere fleshy...hurts less

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I've been thinking for years about getting a dainty little tattoo done.

But every time i see a parlour a little voice in my head persuades me to walk on lol.

A friend told me that the artist will do a really good job if you ask for your own design.

They get bored by the ones in the catalogues - it's like working on a production line, I suppose.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

your ink is with you for life so should be something that holds importance for you. I have 7 which all have a personal meaning, booked in for 8 & 9.

Do not however get "_muma" tatted above your arse!!

or if you wanna be really brave, search out an artist whose work you like, say i'm your canvas, you're the artist, get on with it

be prepared to wait a good while for a decent artist, but it is worth the wait as the stain is permanent so you want it to look good

get a design that you really like and will like for a good few years ahead, also have it done where it can be covered up if necessary like your foot just in case it isn't appropriate in some situations (some employers don't like them).

Unless your sure of what you want and where you want it don't do it.

Its no good asking others if your not sure of either, its you who has to live with it for life, so just be certain.

XXXX

ive always took my own designs in, i take bits and bobs of idea i like, tell my tattooist what im picturing and he draws it up based on what i have said and what i take in

Hes fab, he knows what i want more than i do at times, i start telling him what i want and he finishes off for me lol you really do need a good relationship with your tattooist and have one whos know what hes doing, unless you just want off the wall picture

"ive always took my own designs in, i take bits and bobs of idea i like, tell my tattooist what im picturing and he draws it up based on what i have said and what i take in

Hes fab, he knows what i want more than i do at times, i start telling him what i want and he finishes off for me lol you really do need a good relationship with your tattooist and have one whos know what hes doing, unless you just want off the wall picture "

Mine does that too - it's great

would the person that replied privately in error please quote or repost instead

Wolf

» Add a new message to this topic