FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe in evolution ?

Do you believe in evolution ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently some people thinks we descended from fish or something, I can’t see it myself, but is this a thing, or people who believe this worse than those flat earthers and the people who thought there used to be dinosaurs on earth ?!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

If we descended from fish, why are there still fish ?!

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

The current fish are the people of the future

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"If we descended from fish, why are there still fish ?!"

There aren't that many left so maybe its a sign of things to come

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

As in Atlantis....

...yeah....I've seen it and know it exists!!!

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

Fish? C'mon, everyone knows that we were condescended by monkeys

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I believe I was spawned from the devil himself.

Is this the kind of thing you ponder while at work tame?

All joking aside, people still don’t think evolution is real!! No really!!

It's the Creationists that I don't get. Believing that the world is only like 3000 years old and that evolution has not, and never will happen. Unlike those pesky scientists. With their evidence...

"It's the Creationists that I don't get. Believing that the world is only like 3000 years old and that evolution has not, and never will happen. Unlike those pesky scientists. With their evidence..."

Ha ha yes!!!

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

Fucking hell. Are you serious?

"Fucking hell. Are you serious?"

I hope not!! Lol

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

"Fucking hell. Are you serious?

I hope not!! Lol "

I know, right?

And dinosaurs/fossils were put on earth by God to test man’s faith.

"Fucking hell. Are you serious?

I hope not!! Lol

I know, right?"

Think it’s following another post where some believe in a god or ghosts and just taking the pee......I seriously hope

I'm dreading my apprentice having kids because that's going to prove Darwin's theory was wrong

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

We must of come from fish, cuz some ladies still smell fishy

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

There's fish in the sea more related to us than other species of fish

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

We didn’t do a very good job of evolving since we’re destroying the planet. Maybe we should’ve stayed in the dark ages and lived as cave dwellers. Life was simple.

"And dinosaurs/fossils were put on earth by God to test man’s faith.

"

Otherwise you'd think the bible would mention them right?

.... and Jesus'way was blocked by a giant brontosaurus with a thorn in its paw and lo the disciples did run a~shrieking "what a big fucking lizard", but jesus was unafraid and plucked the thorn from the paw and the dinosaur became his friend...

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

If you believe the earth is 12000 yrs old , what about dinosaur fossil

" God put them there to test our faith "

I think you've been put here to test my faith dude !

Bill Hicks

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

To be serious, we are not descended from fish (or monkeys) - but we share common ancestors billions of years back. the line that led to terrestrial quadrupeds split off - this split into amphibia, reptiles (which led to birds) and mammals. To not believe in evolution is like not believing in gravity!

If dinosaurs are real why do you only see them in zoos and that ?

Also why do you never see dinosaur ghosts ?

"To be serious, we are not descended from fish (or monkeys) - but we share common ancestors billions of years back. the line that led to terrestrial quadrupeds split off - this split into amphibia, reptiles (which led to birds) and mammals. To not believe in evolution is like not believing in gravity!"

Only a theory !!! Yes I’m joking

"I'm dreading my apprentice having kids because that's going to prove Darwin's theory was wrong "

You mean bugger

Im not from this planet so who knows all i know is im out of this world

"We didn’t do a very good job of evolving since we’re destroying the planet. Maybe we should’ve stayed in the dark ages and lived as cave dwellers. Life was simple. "

Perhaps that is our purpose? Earth managed to kill off the pesky 12' scorpions by deforestation reducing the oxygen levels a bit, which gave rise to the dinosaurs, managed to get rid of them by cooling the whole lot down but they were here a long time, and left irritating pools of oil under the earth's skin. So it made us to get it out and make it into gas and plastic. Once it is gone we can go too

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"We didn’t do a very good job of evolving since we’re destroying the planet. Maybe we should’ve stayed in the dark ages and lived as cave dwellers. Life was simple.

Perhaps that is our purpose? Earth managed to kill off the pesky 12' scorpions by deforestation reducing the oxygen levels a bit, which gave rise to the dinosaurs, managed to get rid of them by cooling the whole lot down but they were here a long time, and left irritating pools of oil under the earth's skin. So it made us to get it out and make it into gas and plastic. Once it is gone we can go too "

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

"Only a theory !!! Yes I’m joking "

There's a common misunderstanding of the word "Theory". A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" (as some people think) but reliable accounts of the real world.

By *nderIwonder.Man  over a year ago

2nd City

no. Darwin was a crook.

2nd City

he said we don't need our appendix because we have evolved where in reality they now know the appendix stores bacteria from your got for certain illnesses.

2nd City

"he said we don't need our appendix because we have evolved where in reality they now know the appendix stores bacteria from your got for certain illnesses. "

gut

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

"We must of come from fish, cuz some ladies still smell fishy "

Harsh

"We must of come from fish, cuz some ladies still smell fishy

Harsh "

Jen and Jim...some reason can’t fab your pics! But they are fab anyway

"he said we don't need our appendix because we have evolved where in reality they now know the appendix stores bacteria from your got for certain illnesses. "

I have some fairly convincing evidence we don't need our appendix.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I believe in evolution, judging by several people I have worked with over the years. Some haven't got very far from Neanderthal man

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Harsh "

I was only joking .. I don’t take myself to serious... let’s face it, have u ever seen a fish thinking ? Lol

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 24/08/19 16:13:37]

"Apparently some people thinks we descended from fish or something, I can’t see it myself, but is this a thing, or people who believe this worse than those flat earthers and the people who thought there used to be dinosaurs on earth ?!"

Seriously??? Did you go to school? Evolution is a proven scientific fact!

Every form of life throughout the history of the earth has evolved and adapted to its habitat and surroundings,

And saying we descended from fish or something...is such an ambiguous over simplified way to describe how mammals evolved, we didn’t descend from a goldfish haha, it’s called a common ancestor...all Mammals descended for a common ancestor which lived in the ocean, and over millions of years it evolved to breathe air and move from the ocean to live on land.

And please don’t tell me you actually believe the world, the planet, the GLOBE which we live on is flat haha.

If we descended from fish, why are there still fish ?! ????????

Mate that’s comedy gold ????????

That will keep me going for weeks????

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"If dinosaurs are real why do you only see them in zoos and that ?

Also why do you never see dinosaur ghosts ?"

I saw a dinosaur ghost. Shit me right up.

Mrs TMN x

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

It clearly hasn’t in Exeter with a post like this.

"Apparently some people thinks we descended from fish or something, I can’t see it myself, but is this a thing, or people who believe this worse than those flat earthers and the people who thought there used to be dinosaurs on earth ?!

Every form of life throughout the history of the earth has evolved and adapted to its habitat and surroundings,

And saying we descended from fish or something...is such an ambiguous over simplified way to describe how mammals evolved, we didn’t descend from a goldfish haha, it’s called a common ancestor...all Mammals descended for a common ancestor which lived in the ocean, and over millions of years it evolved to breathe air and move from the ocean to live on land.

And please don’t tell me you actually believe the world, the planet, the GLOBE which we live on is flat haha."

Yeah, I went to school mate, but they only taught us important stuff like making fruit bowls in woodwork, still got that fruit bowl, where else would I keep my organic Kumquat‘s.

Okay, If its the case that everyone adapts to there surrounding how come most blokes still can’t get a shag on here, I don’t believe the world is flat, I did for a bit though, but then I realised It’s just maps that are flat.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Apparently some people thinks we descended from fish or something, I can’t see it myself, but is this a thing, or people who believe this worse than those flat earthers and the people who thought there used to be dinosaurs on earth ?!

And please don’t tell me you actually believe the world, the planet, the GLOBE which we live on is flat haha.

Yeah, I went to school mate, but they only taught us important stuff like making fruit bowls in woodwork, still got that fruit bowl, where else would I keep my organic Kumquat‘s.

Okay, If its the case that everyone adapts to there surrounding how come most blokes still can’t get a shag on here, I don’t believe the world is flat, I did for a bit though, but then I realised It’s just maps that are flat. "

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Evolution doesn't care if I believe or not

And please don’t tell me you actually believe the world, the planet, the GLOBE which we live on is flat haha."

But how do you know? You weren't there? Have you been to space? Where I live its flat...case closed. Descend from fish indeed. Eve was made from Adam's rib, end of!

Next you will tell me the sun doesn't go round the earth

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

"Evolution doesn't care if I believe or not "

Evolution doesn't believe in us anymore

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Looking at what's happening I think we're suffering from devolution where a % of the population are going backwards

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

are you for real? Evolution is tried and trusted science based on real emperical evidence. The altenative is a 10,000 year old universe and adam and eve.Strange as mankind domesticated dogs 15000 years ago

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I can quite easily lose 3 hrs in the bath, so I'm either part-mermaid, or it's a throwback to ancestory.

"If we descended from fish, why are there still fish ?!are you for real? Evolution is tried and trusted science based on real emperical evidence. The altenative is a 10,000 year old universe and adam and eve.Strange as mankind domesticated dogs 15000 years ago"

Or it could be the other thing we haven't a theory on yet.

If everthing evolved then why are there so many different species of fish and birds.

And if we are 99% genetically the same as chimps, then why are we so different in that one percent?

"If everthing evolved then why are there so many different species of fish and birds.

And if we are 99% genetically the same as chimps, then why are we so different in that one percent?

"

Hope this is another joke

"Evolution doesn't care if I believe or not

Evolution doesn't believe in us anymore "

You’ve got that the wrong way around, its us the human race who should believe in evolution, the evolution of our spices the human race! And we should not only believe in it, we should embrace and welcome evolution, because the evolution of the human race. Because that’s the one thing which will stop us from damaging and destroying ourselves...and also damaging and destroying our planet earth.

"Evolution doesn't care if I believe or not

Evolution doesn't believe in us anymore

You’ve got that the wrong way around, its us the human race who should believe in evolution, the evolution of our spices the human race! And we should not only believe in it, we should embrace and welcome evolution, because the evolution of the human race. Because that’s the one thing which will stop us from damaging and destroying ourselves...and also damaging and destroying our planet earth."

Evolution happened. Still happening. The earth doesn’t care. If we ruin it, it just gets ruined

"Apparently some people thinks we descended from fish or something, I can’t see it myself, but is this a thing, or people who believe this worse than those flat earthers and the people who thought there used to be dinosaurs on earth ?!"

I'm very open minded about these things.

However......

How cum we reckon that we can terraform the planet Mars into a human habitable zone when we can't even keep our already hospitable planet earth in shape?

"If everthing evolved then why are there so many different species of fish and birds.

"

You have it upside down, we started as a few atoms that became a single cell lifeforms. Everything living on earth evolved from that.

"Looking at what's happening I think we're suffering from devolution where a % of the population are going backwards"

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

The earth will recover, but we might make it uninhabitable for ourselves. Then we will die out. That’s evolution.

Oh and a theory is not fact... it’s a theory! You can back it up with data but it’s still not a fact because no one ever has all the facts. A true scientist would know this.

Tame... love your posts you are a legend lol

Theory of evolution. If man is evolved from Chimps, how come Chimps are, chimps?

You have it upside down, we started as a few atoms that became a single cell lifeforms. Everything living on earth evolved from that."

The theory of evolution is just that...a theory

So when did the fish start breathing with lungs, did it rest halt in and out of the water

How can people believe that something came from nothing, after all even the main man of the evolution lie couldn’t answer that

And to fill the gaps they just say well there must have been blah blah blah

And that’s it, if you don’t swallow the gumpth then we are the fools

[Removed by poster at 24/08/19 21:13:35]

You have it upside down, we started as a few atoms that became a single cell lifeforms. Everything living on earth evolved from that."

So why so many different species and how did we manage to build cites and send men to the moon considering our closest relatives can't do anything like that??

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Actually I think we are devolving if you ever go to a pub these days or see "lads" on holiday, love island and so on.

Three to four thousand years from now we will all have fins.

Different species were created the same as us. Not sure what cities and technology has to do with evolution as they are also created

Read Dan Brown's 'Origin' refreshing take on where we are headed...

"So why so many different species and how did we manage to build cites and send men to the moon considering our closest relatives can't do anything like that??"

Our closest relatives are other species of human, we have either inter bred with them or they have died out.

Apes descended from a common ancester, that has long ago become extinct we are of the ape liniage, we are also related to a cabbage. Just depends how far back in evolution you want to go. As far as I know the cabbage family have no interest in going to the moon!

"So why so many different species and how did we manage to build cites and send men to the moon considering our closest relatives can't do anything like that??

Our closest relatives are other species of human, we have either inter bred with them or they have died out.

Apes descended from a common ancester, that has long ago become extinct we are of the ape liniage, we are also related to a cabbage. Just depends how far back in evolution you want to go. As far as I know the cabbage family have no interest in going to the moon!

"

Love this post!!

"And dinosaurs/fossils were put on earth by God to test man’s faith.

Otherwise you'd think the bible would mention them right?

.... and Jesus'way was blocked by a giant brontosaurus with a thorn in its paw and lo the disciples did run a~shrieking "what a big fucking lizard", but jesus was unafraid and plucked the thorn from the paw and the dinosaur became his friend... "

Precisely. Because everything in the bible is fact and all outside of it is fiction. Waiiiiiit....

"So why so many different species and how did we manage to build cites and send men to the moon considering our closest relatives can't do anything like that??

"

We share 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, making them our closest living relatives.

The most they can manage is sign language at best. Our babies can do that!

I believe in evelution to certain extent but what I can't get my head around is how much more intelligent humans are compared to every other creature on earth.

"he said we don't need our appendix because we have evolved where in reality they now know the appendix stores bacteria from your got for certain illnesses.

I have some fairly convincing evidence we don't need our appendix. "

Yup I can go along with that...together with not needing a gall bladder or both testicles, bit where I fall down is you do need your lungs and pulmonary fibrosis fucks them right up...oh well such is life or death lol

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Wanders out of the cave....

Reads thread....

Realises I'm typing....

Seems I've evolved ...

One opposable thumb

We share 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, making them our closest living relatives.

I believe in evelution to certain extent but what I can't get my head around is how much more intelligent humans are compared to every other creature on earth. "

Well if you want to use %...

Humans have been about for roughly 66,000,000 years. Built structures about 0.01% of that time, technology like steam engines, or going to the moon 0.0001%

Give it time, who knows chimps or some other carbon life form may build rockets.

barnet

I believe in evelution to certain extent but what I can't get my head around is how much more intelligent humans are compared to every other creature on earth. "

simple really in our infancy as a species we ate prey..animals ,and the protein helped increase the size of our brains helped by the advent of fire making the digestion of meat more palatable . We are the result of our anthropological journey , the result of evolutionary development. Also evolution is not a theory in the traditional sense. Meaning it is not a science that has not been systematically proven . There is overwhelming evidence for evolution and the refute or even question its validity is almost criminal intellectual suicide.

"To be serious, we are not descended from fish (or monkeys) - but we share common ancestors billions of years back. the line that led to terrestrial quadrupeds split off - this split into amphibia, reptiles (which led to birds) and mammals. To not believe in evolution is like not believing in gravity!"

Don’t get us started on gravity

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Men evolved from monkeys?

Women evolved from fish?

It’s all a bit silly if you ask me.

Most likely humans came from elsewhere...

We are a hybrid

Cross between fish and monkeys I recon

Lol

our species are all born with a tail so we must be fish... oh wait

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Some people appear to be very recently evolved.

This is one of those topics that if you really want an answer you should speak with an evolutionary biologist or do research on the topic. Most people make an assumption about stuff like this before really getting an understanding of how it works.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

Neil deGrasse Tyson

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

""The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

Neil deGrasse Tyson"

May it would be if it wasn't for all those theories.....

barnet

"our species are all born with a tail so we must be fish... oh wait"
our coccsyk is a remnant of our now dormant tail bone..research before proudly displaying flippant lack of knowledge

barnet

""The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

Neil deGrasse Tyson

May it would be if it wasn't for all those theories..... "

refer to my previous quote.. evolution is not a theory in the traditional sense. It is buttressed by exhaustive and conclusive evidence.

They say a Giraffes long neck evolved to reach high branches...But we have never found any fossils of Giraffes with smaller necks.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"They say a Giraffes long neck evolved to reach high branches...But we have never found any fossils of Giraffes with smaller necks."

Here ya go

https://www.livescience.com/amp/52903-transitional-giraffe-fossils.html

"They say a Giraffes long neck evolved to reach high branches...But we have never found any fossils of Giraffes with smaller necks."

Maybe they had shorter legs.

To go with our chips.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

This is a common misconception concerning evolution. (Forgive me if someone’s already done this; I can’t read the entire thread). Nothing evolves to do a specific thing (such as reach high leafs). All evolution is random. It just so happens that some giraffes did better by having slightly longer necks, and therefore the mutated gene was preserved until it too mutated. And so forth.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Apparently the Range Rover evoke is a descendant if a land rover from the 50’s

2nd City

"he said we don't need our appendix because we have evolved where in reality they now know the appendix stores bacteria from your got for certain illnesses.

I have some fairly convincing evidence we don't need our appendix.

Yup I can go along with that...together with not needing a gall bladder or both testicles, bit where I fall down is you do need your lungs and pulmonary fibrosis fucks them right up...oh well such is life or death lol"

to clarify the point of my comment is we have not evolved past the use of our appendix which is what Darwin was saying. you can live without your testicles or ovaries if you want that doesn't mean they are useless.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Unless we go back to "survival of the fittest", positive human evolution has stopped.

Can’t be arsed to read all the posts but know we descend from fish.

My memory has gone and I have a vague recolletion of being taken home in a plastic bag full of water.

"Unless we go back to "survival of the fittest", positive human evolution has stopped. "

Not so sure it has, seems to me average height is increasing

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

I love this thread! Sent a couple of winks to men who understand science

Can we do Brexit next?

By *m389Man  over a year ago

Bromley

I believe in ancient aliens

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

Don’t believe

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sure, I view it more as fact

"Don’t believe "

Evolution does care about that, It goes fish, aqua man and then us, it’s pretty simple really.

London

"Unless we go back to "survival of the fittest", positive human evolution has stopped.

Not so sure it has, seems to me average height is increasing "

That had nothing to do with evolution. Evolution takes place over tens or hundreds of thousands of years. Not during a lifetime.

"Unless we go back to "survival of the fittest", positive human evolution has stopped.

That had nothing to do with evolution. Evolution takes place over tens or hundreds of thousands of years. Not during a lifetime. "

I dunno mate, you never used to see people on mobility scooters, you see them all the time now.

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Unless we go back to "survival of the fittest", positive human evolution has stopped. "

We are all still evolving, which is why the need for removing teeth and wearing of braces for some people, for example.

‘Survival of the fittest’ essentially means adapting to our environment: no longer needing for extra teeth and larger mouths (although some men may disagree ), as we don’t eat like raving carnivores any more, but are more civilised!

Unless you mean eugenics, which was equated with ‘survival of the fittest’, used to discriminate and oppressed certain demographic.

London

"I dunno mate, you never used to see people on mobility scooters, you see them all the time now."

I sincerely hope you’re taking the piss!

Evolution is more believable than the belief that some mythical being created man before using one of his body parts to create a woman.

If you'd met some of my colleagues then you'd be forgiven for thinking some people stopped evolving millions of years ago.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

That’s like asking do you believe in oxygen.....

That had nothing to do with evolution. Evolution takes place over tens or hundreds of thousands of years. Not during a lifetime. "

Average height over last 150 - 200 years is generally increasing, it's not enough to say it is an evolutionary step, but it could be viewed an evolutionary trend that would indicate that it's not stopped.

barnet

no it hasnt

London

That had nothing to do with evolution. Evolution takes place over tens or hundreds of thousands of years. Not during a lifetime.

Average height over last 150 - 200 years is generally increasing, it's not enough to say it is an evolutionary step, but it could be viewed an evolutionary trend that would indicate that it's not stopped. "

Correct. Evolution can’t stop, because it’s about random mutation. There are plenty of other factors such as diet, lifestyle, medical improvements etc.

Central

The environment changes, potentially for many reasons and independently animals evolve, by chance, with some alterations conferring a benefit compared to others. This happens even when the environment is static but is potentially more beneficial if some animals with mutations are more able to survive and prosper than others. This may include abilities to behave or think differently,, an aspect of where different hominids have possibly gained compared to other species, including with social advantages, as often cultural needs varied through population sizes, locations and other challenges.

Of course human evolution is still underway. We each individually just see our immediate neighbors and don't really reproduce as frequently as insects, where many generations can be visible to us within a few years.

The earth and our population are undergoing major stresses, where those who are more limited for many reasons may become victims of the changes. Longer-term, some who have greater abilities to survive more extreme or diverse conditions may live, whilst others don't. This can be true for other species, animal or not.

London

"The environment changes, potentially for many reasons and independently animals evolve, by chance, with some alterations conferring a benefit compared to others. This happens even when the environment is static but is potentially more beneficial if some animals with mutations are more able to survive and prosper than others. This may include abilities to behave or think differently,, an aspect of where different hominids have possibly gained compared to other species, including with social advantages, as often cultural needs varied through population sizes, locations and other challenges.

Of course human evolution is still underway. We each individually just see our immediate neighbors and don't really reproduce as frequently as insects, where many generations can be visible to us within a few years.

The earth and our population are undergoing major stresses, where those who are more limited for many reasons may become victims of the changes. Longer-term, some who have greater abilities to survive more extreme or diverse conditions may live, whilst others don't. This can be true for other species, animal or not. "

Don’t you just love fab!! Excellent

The missing first page to the oldest known copy of the Bible has just been discovered. It reads this is a work of fiction,any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Central

"The environment changes, potentially for many reasons and independently animals evolve, by chance, with some alterations conferring a benefit compared to others. This happens even when the environment is static but is potentially more beneficial if some animals with mutations are more able to survive and prosper than others. This may include abilities to behave or think differently,, an aspect of where different hominids have possibly gained compared to other species, including with social advantages, as often cultural needs varied through population sizes, locations and other challenges.

The earth and our population are undergoing major stresses, where those who are more limited for many reasons may become victims of the changes. Longer-term, some who have greater abilities to survive more extreme or diverse conditions may live, whilst others don't. This can be true for other species, animal or not.

Don’t you just love fab!! Excellent "

You should see the politics section

By *harmingCMan  over a year ago

Bishops Stortford

Thank you, finally someone with a comment worthy of a read

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

We are currently in the middle of watching monkeys evolve, there was a photo taken of a monkey spearfishing using a homemade spear waiting patiently in the water, looked cool as fuck, it's a self taught hunting technique which will supply more food with more protein which will further develop their brains, this happened to early man millions of years ago along with discovering fire and cooking meat further developed our brains more too, monkeys are already born knowing to use tools to get access to food but this is a huge step in terms of what it could lead to.

Scientists taught monkeys the value of money, exchanging coin's for fruit, unexpectedly once they learned this the males started exchanging coins for sex and the females made more money for more food haha.

Another with mice in a cage where they sprayed a citrus smell followed by an electric shock in the floor, after only a couple generations the new baby mice knew to climb up high off the floor after smelling the citrus smell, but I think that's more of a genetic memory thing than an evolution thing.

I don't think humans will evolve much more though as there is no need, we evolve to adapt to our surroundings but humans are now at the stage where we are changing our surroundings to suit ourselves. If we do evolve it will be to survive space.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"We are currently in the middle of watching monkeys evolve, there was a photo taken of a monkey spearfishing using a homemade spear waiting patiently in the water, looked cool as fuck, it's a self taught hunting technique which will supply more food with more protein which will further develop their brains, this happened to early man millions of years ago along with discovering fire and cooking meat further developed our brains more too, monkeys are already born knowing to use tools to get access to food but this is a huge step in terms of what it could lead to.

Scientists taught monkeys the value of money, exchanging coin's for fruit, unexpectedly once they learned this the males started exchanging coins for sex and the females made more money for more food haha.

Another with mice in a cage where they sprayed a citrus smell followed by an electric shock in the floor, after only a couple generations the new baby mice knew to climb up high off the floor after smelling the citrus smell, but I think that's more of a genetic memory thing than an evolution thing.

I don't think humans will evolve much more though as there is no need, we evolve to adapt to our surroundings but humans are now at the stage where we are changing our surroundings to suit ourselves. If we do evolve it will be to survive space."

Our next big evolution will be out bodies changing to cope with the rigours of space travel as humans leave Earth to live on New planets

By *harmingCMan  over a year ago

Bishops Stortford

This thread, it angers me, too many people thinking they know more about something and are somehow more informed about something because they think they know all the facts and dont.

Theory, the word has been bounced around a bit, it has more than one meaning ! Theories are something that someone comes up with, they could be correct or not. In science theory, it’s the result of many trials, experiments and observations that limit the outcome until it can be reasonably understood. Don’t just think they are the same word they me the same thing in a different context

Most people here aren’t expects in the field of evolution or genetic, so you’re thoughts on what you think are good but just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean the people that have dedicated their lives to it are wrong

Dunning-Kruger is strong in this thread !

I’m not an expert on anything but fuck me, I know my beliefs don’t affect what’s actually true

Fortunately, Evolution doesn't require anyone to believe in it for it to be fact

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We must of come from fish, cuz some ladies still smell fishy "

And some guys smell of pish

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

And some guys smell of pish"

By *abbitft23Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Evolution isn't something that has to be believed in.

Its a scientific fact proved over thousands of man hours researching and dedicating their entire lives too. (Darwin)

"Evolution isn't something that has to be believed in.

Its a scientific fact proved over thousands of man hours researching and dedicating their entire lives too. (Darwin) "

Darwin award.

"Fortunately, Evolution doesn't require anyone to believe in it for it to be fact"

Thank goodness for that, I am exhausted from believing in gravity and globe shaped planets spinning around each other. So pleased that evolution can manage without me for an hour or two

"This thread, it angers me, too many people thinking they know more about something and are somehow more informed about something because they think they know all the facts and dont.

Theory, the word has been bounced around a bit, it has more than one meaning ! Theories are something that someone comes up with, they could be correct or not. In science theory, it’s the result of many trials, experiments and observations that limit the outcome until it can be reasonably understood. Don’t just think they are the same word they me the same thing in a different context

Most people here aren’t expects in the field of evolution or genetic, so you’re thoughts on what you think are good but just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean the people that have dedicated their lives to it are wrong

Dunning-Kruger is strong in this thread !

I’m not an expert on anything but fuck me, I know my beliefs don’t affect what’s actually true "

Someone's touchy, I wouldn't let it ruin your night mate. Hope your ok.

Okay, If its the case that everyone adapts to there surrounding how come most blokes still can’t get a shag on here, I don’t believe the world is flat, I did for a bit though, but then I realised It’s just maps that are flat. "

Hahahahahaha, we had to make junior hacksaws in metalwork...the important stuff hey haha. At least you’re fruit bowl is useful for keeping your organic kumquats lol

barnet

"We are currently in the middle of watching monkeys evolve, there was a photo taken of a monkey spearfishing using a homemade spear waiting patiently in the water, looked cool as fuck, it's a self taught hunting technique which will supply more food with more protein which will further develop their brains, this happened to early man millions of years ago along with discovering fire and cooking meat further developed our brains more too, monkeys are already born knowing to use tools to get access to food but this is a huge step in terms of what it could lead to.

I don't think humans will evolve much more though as there is no need, we evolve to adapt to our surroundings but humans are now at the stage where we are changing our surroundings to suit ourselves. If we do evolve it will be to survive space."

there is also instances of chimps burying there dead ..another sign

If evolution were true, most women would prefer men with small feet

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"If evolution were true, most women would prefer men with small feet "

How so?

"If evolution were true, most women would prefer men with small feet

How so?"

I don't bloody know ! I just wanted to be part of this thread so I have written the first thing that came into my head X

Lovely feet on you btw

Aylesbury

"If evolution were true, most women would prefer men with small feet

How so?

I don't bloody know ! I just wanted to be part of this thread so I have written the first thing that came into my head X

Lovely feet on you btw "

I see

Nah they aren't, I have weirdly high arches, a thick, cracked sole and corns.

If evolution is true how come cocks are getting smaller ?

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

Love the movie and how head and shoulders saves the day

No, decided today I don't want to believe in it, so I won't.

May start believing it later this evening if that's OK

Still fish, if you were Oriental, you would understand the meaning of "still fish" and you would not be surprised when you was presented at the dinner table with a cooked fish with a living head.

I believe that they call it something such as Sashimi or ikizukuri.

ashby de la zouch

If evolution existed , a God concept would almost certainly be unnecessary, contradictory and unlikely

As it cannot be proved that a God does not exist evolution is obviously unproven, hmmm

London

"If evolution existed , a God concept would almost certainly be unnecessary, contradictory and unlikely

As it cannot be proved that a God does not exist evolution is obviously unproven, hmmm "

That’s bullshit. Not being able to prove something doesn’t mean that another unrelated (and in this case proven) thing also doesn’t exist. We haven’t yet proved the existence of exolife, but that doesn’t mean that spaghetti is also unproven.

We definitely evolved not only from fish but our ancestors would have been, a one celled organisms at some point

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"The earth will recover, but we might make it uninhabitable for ourselves. Then we will die out. That’s evolution.

Oh and a theory is not fact... it’s a theory! You can back it up with data but it’s still not a fact because no one ever has all the facts. A true scientist would know this.

Tame... love your posts you are a legend lol"

He is indeed! I’m on a real world dating site in which you answer a load of questions in order to potentially find your ‘perfect match’ - from sex to politics, theology and a whole gamut of questions in between! One such question was ‘Do you believe that man will still be around in 1,000 years?’ Depressingly few people that I’ve come across have said yes!

"As in Atlantis....

...yeah....I've seen it and know it exists!!! "

Atlantis?

Mwaaahh, I've been to Atlantis. I rode an Unicorn there.

"If evolution is true how come cocks are getting smaller ? "

oestrogen in the water

To quote pearl jam;

It's evolution, baby

ashby de la zouch

"If evolution existed , a God concept would almost certainly be unnecessary, contradictory and unlikely

As it cannot be proved that a God does not exist evolution is obviously unproven, hmmm

That’s bullshit. Not being able to prove something doesn’t mean that another unrelated (and in this case proven) thing also doesn’t exist. We haven’t yet proved the existence of exolife, but that doesn’t mean that spaghetti is also unproven. "

Point missed

The logic was deliberate

If at any point one has an open mind to the possibility of a creator one by default have the same open mind with regards natural selection, ie if creator may exist then,therefore, evolutionary selection may be divinely selected not naturally

I only see evidence for natural wild beautiful and fucking brutal selection

Therefore I conclude no creator exists

I'm sure aliens do

"The current fish are the people of the future "

This

London

That’s bullshit. Not being able to prove something doesn’t mean that another unrelated (and in this case proven) thing also doesn’t exist. We haven’t yet proved the existence of exolife, but that doesn’t mean that spaghetti is also unproven.

Point missed

The logic was deliberate

If at any point one has an open mind to the possibility of a creator one by default have the same open mind with regards natural selection, ie if creator may exist then,therefore, evolutionary selection may be divinely selected not naturally

I'm sure aliens do"

Cool. Not always possible to spot the irony.

ashby de la zouch

Point missed

The logic was deliberate

I'm sure aliens do"

Ask anyone why they believe in a God concept they most likely won't say

One or two who have said suggested they needed a creator to fill an incomprehensible to them evolutionary phenomenon

I suggest highlight there are no incomprehensible gaps and creator roll fades

Aberdeen

"As in Atlantis....

...yeah....I've seen it and know it exists!!!

Atlantis?

Mwaaahh, I've been to Atlantis. I rode an Unicorn there."

Actually they reckon that they really have found Atlantis, exactly where they said it was on ancient world maps. There's some unnatural looking rock formations and structures under the sea that they are currently looking into

Aberdeen

Sadly no unicorns though

Pokemon

*drops mic*

"Pokemon

*drops mic*"

What did they evolve from? I saw a documentary of a yellow talking Pokemon. I think he was a detective. Clever little guy.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

If you doubt evolution then you don't understand the concept.

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s a good question. If there are leaves in trees, why are there still branches?

I assume the original poster has evolved to a higher plane where names are not necessary.

Aberdeen

"If we descended from fish, why are there still fish ?!

It’s a good question. If there are leaves in trees, why are there still branches? "

That's a moronic question, that's like asking if crocodiles and sharks existed back in prehistoric times then why are there still crocodiles and sharks? Or if everything evolved from a single cell organism then why are there still single cell organisms?

The fact that people still think evolution is a possibility is beyond me

At what point did the lungs, heart or brain evolve for anything to actually live??

Life Began in an instant

"The fact that people still think evolution is a possibility is beyond me

At what point did the lungs, heart or brain evolve for anything to actually live??

Life Began in an instant "

Establishing how life itself was sparked is a tricky one to prove, but there is sufficient evidence around to determine that evolution occurs.

An organism of any kinds instinct is to survive and multiply.

A cell at some point mutated and became multi celled. This multicelled thing achieved a level of success. It multiplied by cell division.

Give another mutation, after mutation and the cells became more complex, more specialised. The cells working in harmony became successful and diversified.

Each branch of fauna and flora will have developed based on external influences. All of the successful ones are around today. Any which couldn't adapt, were wiped out.

Given that we have many species of many things, it is arguably Humans who have successfully eliminated the competition of other hominids.

Is evolution ongoing?

Why are we taller now than previous generations?

if we want to go down the creationist route.... Who created God?

Is there plenty of fish

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Evolution makes more sense than us being created by some authoritarian, vengeful old desert god sitting on a cloud!

We aren't taller, smaller, faster or branier

Who created God? Nobody

Anything that is physical had to be created

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I thought is was a funny film tbh.

"We aren't taller, smaller, faster or branier "

But we are taller generally than our predecessors.

Humans have also evolved based on geography.

So did god create himself or is a creation of the human mind?

Do dogs think we are immortal and give them food and shelter?

Solihull

Where else do fish fingers come from if we didn't evolve from fish

Solihull

And it can't be a coincidence that god and cod are so similar

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I thought is was a funny film tbh. "

I liked it too.

Where else do fish fingers come from if we didn't evolve from fish "

Aldis?

ashby de la zouch

It still amazes me that some can have watched David attenborough and still think a a creator designed and evolution is a non plausible theory

Beautiful program on convergent evolution last night

I'll stand strong

IF in some extra ordinary twist a creator was found to have designed life , IT spent its malevolent time equally on meticulously designing, maleria and tuberculosis as it did designing humans

Aylesbury

"We aren't taller, smaller, faster or branier "

Woah, I think somebody needs to stop going to sunday school and go to an actual school.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"We aren't taller, smaller, faster or branier

Woah, I think somebody needs to stop going to sunday school and go to an actual school."

Yea god put us on earth with TVs, phones and transportation etc.

All recent innovations don’t apply, we’re all just gods little puppets.

"So did god create himself or is a creation of the human mind?

Do dogs think we are immortal and give them food and shelter?"

Wolves dont..dogs lost in the wilderness revert to scavenging.

By *ndyandMandyCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Next thing you’ll be telling us

The world isn’t flat

"Next thing you’ll be telling us

The world isn’t flat"

the flat Earth Society has a global recognition

By *ackdd72Man  over a year ago

the valleys

Let's break it down to simplify it then,your choices on how our existence came about are:

A. Natural evolution of life where the most basic of lifeforms have adapted to an ever changing environment and survived thrived multiplied and mastered said environment progressed to states where they find boundaries and overcome them over a long period of time and evolve further in a world where survival of the fittest is the way of life.

B. A Divine entity clicked its fingers,waved a wand or wiggles its nose and everything we know came into being in an instant giving humans alone free will and a set of rules to live by that can be adhered to or ignored it's up to you but if you don't your going to hell.

C. Aliens

D. Your explanation of life the universe and everything it contains (you are of course required to have full evidence of any theories you come up with because there will be questions and maybe even a test afterwards)

We're really Martians and had to leave that planet because we messed it up.

So we came to Earth but since c19 at least we've been obsessed with going back there, because that's our home.

And the Noah's Ark story is the tale on how we brought other animal and plant species from the home planet to the nearest inhabitable one which is the blue pearl we now find ourselves upon.

The end....

Time for bed!

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Just my own little theory and I have zero evidence to back it up, but if there is a godlike being (or beings) perhaps they could have created the initial spark of life and then left evolution to do the rest.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

This conversation can be like the anti dinosaur meteorite and.....

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

.....BOOM!

End of

This post is nearly extinct. . One more bump!