FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disabled people

Disabled people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oyeur for you OP   Man  over a year ago

Canterbury

Just wondered how people would feel about swinging with disabled people.

It personally wouldn't bother me.

If I find the person sexy,it doesn't matter.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on the disability surely

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If I'm attracted to someone then any disability is not an issue.

Depending what the disability is, the sex might just have to be more creative.

Nita

Canterbury

Like the way you put it. Totally agree

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

As long as they were up front about it, it wouldn't bother me. FYI though, blind men are not necessarily better with their hands...

"If I'm attracted to someone then any disability is not an issue.

Nita"

What about mental disabilities?

Naaaa not for me at all

Scunthorpe

Nita

What about mental disabilities?"

It depends on the disability, and what you consider disabled.

I probably wouldn't find someone with a learning disability attractive but mental health is a complex and varied issue.

I wear hearing aids but don't consider myself to have a disability.

Nita

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

It was posted in the Irish section a while ago, and people thought the idea was disgusting.

Shame really

Nita

I probably wouldn't find someone with a learning disability attractive but mental health is a complex and varied issue.

Nita"

So like me it depends on the disability, rather than anyone.

I wouldn't consider than disabled either, maybe handicapped.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Is she has Tourette’s I’d think I was a stud

Iv got no hangups having a meet with someone who has a physical disabilitie but mental is a different kettle of fish I'd steer clear of them

"Depends on the disability surely"

I think thats the most honest answer here as people so go on looks primarily for a meet a loss of a limb might not put most off but a facial disfigurement may. Its easy and politically correct to say any wouldn't on a forum but the reality is different.

Scunthorpe

Nita

Nita

I wouldn't consider than disabled either, maybe handicapped."

Handicapped is how people with disabilities used to be described... so not sure that is politically correct these days.

I do kind of agree tho.

To me it is a disability it it cannot be "treated" per se. Others will have their own interpretation.

Without glasses/contact lenses and hearing aids, I would definitely be disabled. I have very poor eyesight too...

Nita

Nita

Nita

Handicapped is how people with disabilities used to be described... so not sure that is politically correct these days.

I do kind of agree tho.

To me it is a disability it it cannot be "treated" per se. Others will have their own interpretation.

Without glasses/contact lenses and hearing aids, I would definitely be disabled. I have very poor eyesight too...

Nita"

What, why? Does the word handicapped have a negative annotation to it? I'm genuinely curious in case I'm using it wrong.

I agree, to me disability means not being able to do something, I thought handicapped just means that doing something can be challenging.

Scunthorpe

"I wouldn't consider than disabled either, maybe handicapped.

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

What, why? Does the word handicapped have a negative annotation to it? I'm genuinely curious in case I'm using it wrong.

I agree, to me disability means not being able to do something, I thought handicapped just means that doing something can be challenging."

Maybe handicapped is just an old fashioned word.

Not really heard it in relation to people since the 80s.

Maybe need to ask a disabled person if it's not an acceptable term these days.

Scunthorpe

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I agree, to me disability means not being able to do something, I thought handicapped just means that doing something can be challenging.

Maybe need to ask a disabled person if it's not an acceptable term these days. "

Just dawned on me... it will be a Canadian thing... tend to forget that not everyone is in the UK.

Nita

Nita

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I agree, to me disability means not being able to do something, I thought handicapped just means that doing something can be challenging."

Handicapped is just an older fashioned way of saying disabled and not used anymore although still used in the US ie ‘handicapped parking’ instead of disabled parking

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

same here. Ian way going

By *essica jamiesonWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Iv got no hangups having a meet with someone who has a physical disabilitie but mental is a different kettle of fish I'd steer clear of them"
" THEM"..v ignorant ...

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

Just dawned on me... it will be a Canadian thing... tend to forget that not everyone is in the UK."

I'm not Canadian though

I just googled both definitions and seems that if anything disabled would be the less accurate term.

Scunthorpe

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

Just dawned on me... it will be a Canadian thing... tend to forget that not everyone is in the UK.

I'm not Canadian though

I just googled both definitions and seems that if anything disabled would be the less accurate term."

Interchangeable then... sorry OP we slightly side tracked the thread

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I'm not Canadian though

I just googled both definitions and seems that if anything disabled would be the less accurate term."

Generally you would say ‘person with a disability’ rather than ‘disabled person’ I’ve worked in this area for a long time and things are always changing with regards to what’s the ‘right’ thing to say or not!

Canterbury

Blimey that got some tongues wagging.

Very interesting.

I think we would all agree it would depend on the situation.

Personally I have had a relationship with a blind person and it didn't bother me.

"Iv got no hangups having a meet with someone who has a physical disabilitie but mental is a different kettle of fish I'd steer clear of them

" THEM"..v ignorant ..."

Why?

By *easidegirlWoman  over a year ago

south shore

I was in a long term fwb at one time with a guy with mental health issues, namely psychosis and that was difficult at times when he was in a bad place so I get why people might want to steer clear. Physical disabilities, people are just people and it wouldn't be an issue and if it caused difficulties say, in the bedroom we could just adapt to it x

stoke

Mental and physical are different ... mental is more controlling and physical is more on appearance .. so u can’t class both in the same subject .... one can be emotional and the other can be hell ..

stoke

"I was in a long term fwb at one time with a guy with mental health issues, namely psychosis and that was difficult at times when he was in a bad place so I get why people might want to steer clear. Physical disabilities, people are just people and it wouldn't be an issue and if it caused difficulties say, in the bedroom we could just adapt to it x"

Bet that has scared u ?

that so true these days because it hard for those with disabilities

"Mental and physical are different ... mental is more controlling and physical is more on appearance .. so u can’t class both in the same subject .... one can be emotional and the other can be hell .. "

I Don't understand what you mean mental is more controlling?

As man with physical disabilities I've found it hard to meet people not just on here but real life also. Often people see a walking stick or chair and immediately aren't interested. Luckily there's a lot of people who are open minded enough to accept these things. So if you're one those, good on you for being non judgemental

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I'm not Canadian though

I just googled both definitions and seems that if anything disabled would be the less accurate term.

Generally you would say ‘person with a disability’ rather than ‘disabled person’ I’ve worked in this area for a long time and things are always changing with regards to what’s the ‘right’ thing to say or not!"

Actually it does change a lot. The social model of disability, more acceptable now than the traditional medical model would say disabled person not person with a disability. The reason being is that it is society that disables the person not the impairment they have. (Like door handles being too high for wheelchair users or attitudes that stigmatise people with mental health conditions).

Handicapped is now considered unacceptable.

Unless you’re discussing your golf handicap.

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I'm not Canadian though

Generally you would say ‘person with a disability’ rather than ‘disabled person’ I’ve worked in this area for a long time and things are always changing with regards to what’s the ‘right’ thing to say or not!

Actually it does change a lot. The social model of disability, more acceptable now than the traditional medical model would say disabled person not person with a disability. The reason being is that it is society that disables the person not the impairment they have. (Like door handles being too high for wheelchair users or attitudes that stigmatise people with mental health conditions).

Unless you’re discussing your golf handicap. "

I am now entirely confused how to even talk about it without being offensive .

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Absolutely no problem with it

I do kind of agree tho.

Nita

I'm not Canadian though

I am now entirely confused how to even talk about it without being offensive .

"

dont pander to people who cry over nawt its very freeing

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

I'm.putting this out there- I've been dying to do the para-athlete Hannah Cockcroft since London 2012.

Beautiful face and amazing boobs!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Mental and physical are different ... mental is more controlling and physical is more on appearance .. so u can’t class both in the same subject .... one can be emotional and the other can be hell .. "

I have a physical disability but you definitely can't see it unless you have x-ray vision!

Liverpool

As others have said it would depend on what the disability was. I technically have more than one disability but both are invisible. If I was attracted to someone and wouldn't be worried about hurting them then it wouldn't bother me.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

You could reverse the question and ask if a person with a disability would be comfortable having sex with a so called able bodied person...

Chelmsford

"

Unless you’re discussing your golf handicap. "

When I was a child the word cretin and spastic were still used. There was even a charity called the spastic society.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

The truth is I’m a very active person, so someone who couldn’t go on a 6-10 mile walk with me I just couldn’t be in a relationship with. So certain physical disabilities would certainly put me off a long term partner.

For a meet purely for sex, as long as I was attracted to that person, we could work around it.

I think there is a dangerous line between being accepting of disability and fetishising it

I know a guy who is only attracted to amputees

I've always been a little uneasy about that

Liverpool

"

When I was a child the word cretin and spastic were still used. There was even a charity called the spastic society. "

Fortunately society has moved on. There are still improvements to be made though.

Chelmsford

"I think there is a dangerous line between being accepting of disability and fetishising it

I know a guy who is only attracted to amputees

I've always been a little uneasy about that"

I know a guy who is only attracted to girls with big tits and the girls he sees know this. As long as the amputee knows his taste then I would not judge them on that but yes there is nowt as queer as folk

I met a lovely couple at a social a few months ago, the lady was in a wheelchair. She was funny, confident and very sexy. I definitely would have

I’m paralysed in a wheelchair and I’m glad that people are actually talking about it but from my point of view people are far to scared to even find out.

As we can see from this thread people walk on eggshells and are so afraid of doing or saying something un pc that it just puts them off, I always say people are attracted to what they want which is fine but when your supposedly just looking for sexual fun which let’s face it is what this site is about why are people talking about doing long walks and bs.

I have a great collection of toys that are there to be used and enjoyed always with condoms so always safe and clean and then you just get some lame excuse about that and sometimes in the next breath they are looking for bareback or some random stranger to come fuck them “the more the merrier” I’ve heard at times.

It’s a shame that when I joined this site I thought I would be in a place with open minded people and would be a good place to find accepting people but to be honest I’ve come across the opposite, except a few of course, such a shame but you just have to look at the world and it’s not hard to understand.

"I’m paralysed in a wheelchair and I’m glad that people are actually talking about it but from my point of view people are far to scared to even find out.

As we can see from this thread people walk on eggshells and are so afraid of doing or saying something un pc that it just puts them off, I always say people are attracted to what they want which is fine but when your supposedly just looking for sexual fun which let’s face it is what this site is about why are people talking about doing long walks and bs.

I have a great collection of toys that are there to be used and enjoyed always with condoms so always safe and clean and then you just get some lame excuse about that and sometimes in the next breath they are looking for bareback or some random stranger to come fuck them “the more the merrier” I’ve heard at times.

It’s a shame that when I joined this site I thought I would be in a place with open minded people and would be a good place to find accepting people but to be honest I’ve come across the opposite, except a few of course, such a shame but you just have to look at the world and it’s not hard to understand. "

You look great to me

A physical disability wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but a learning disability most certainly would.

By *aul007XXXMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Just to put a personal slant on things, I'm missing a hand from birth, and my 'stump' is quite long and 'girthy'... Once my partner is comfortable with the situation, I never fail to disappoint her!

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

To be honest all that matters whether you find someone attractive or not, irrespective of disability.

There was a lady in the jacuzzi at Chams recently who looked and was having a very energetic with several people. Only when she went to climb out was it apparent she had spina bifida.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I’m paralysed in a wheelchair and I’m glad that people are actually talking about it but from my point of view people are far to scared to even find out.

It’s a shame that when I joined this site I thought I would be in a place with open minded people and would be a good place to find accepting people but to be honest I’ve come across the opposite, except a few of course, such a shame but you just have to look at the world and it’s not hard to understand. "

What lame excuse about toys? I hate toys, never use them.

People may be accepting and open minded. It doesn't mean they have to fuck you though.

I dislike it when people try to make others feel guilty for not wanting to fuck them.

By *eddersMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I have a saying when car park is full ans there is no onelooking park it in the disabled (I have disablitys)

"To be honest all that matters whether you find someone attractive or not, irrespective of disability."

I couldn't agree more.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I'm assuming when people say they wouldn't meet someone with a learning disability they are actually talking about what? Meeting someone who hasn't the mental capacity to consent? Would anyone here really meet someone who couldn't give informed and reasoned consent.

I aak because I have a learning disability... I also have no problem finding people to meet, two undergraduate degrees and one post-grad... and left wondering why people say they won't meet someone with a learning disability.

Oh... Linked to my SLD (specific learning disability) is Autism. Linked to that is depression, sensory overload and anxiety, but I meet on my terms, when I know I'm well enough too. If you met me at a club you might, if you knew what to look for, get ASD, but most people have no clue.

Before you start saying I wouldn't meet someone with xxxxx, and painting all people with the same tar, actually take some time to think about what you really mean.

"I'm assuming when people say they wouldn't meet someone with a learning disability they are actually talking about what? Meeting someone who hasn't the mental capacity to consent? Would anyone here really meet someone who couldn't give informed and reasoned consent.

I aak because I have a learning disability... I also have no problem finding people to meet, two undergraduate degrees and one post-grad... and left wondering why people say they won't meet someone with a learning disability.

Oh... Linked to my SLD (specific learning disability) is Autism. Linked to that is depression, sensory overload and anxiety, but I meet on my terms, when I know I'm well enough too. If you met me at a club you might, if you knew what to look for, get ASD, but most people have no clue.

Before you start saying I wouldn't meet someone with xxxxx, and painting all people with the same tar, actually take some time to think about what you really mean."

I believe there are far worse people on this site than you can imagine. And to answer your question, yes I do believe there are people here who wouldn't have a problem meeting someone who can't give 'conscious' consent.

FYI, if you're under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol you can't technically give valid consent but most people forget about that too.

By *ddit...Man  over a year ago

Land of the giants... ;-)

I've had a lot of fun with a woman with a physical disability.... we got to know each well in the chat rooms... I was aware of her issues... was attracted to her. .. both physically and her personality.. she liked me... so we met up....

Had an awesome laugh... and a lot of fun in the bedroom

"I'm assuming when people say they wouldn't meet someone with a learning disability they are actually talking about what? Meeting someone who hasn't the mental capacity to consent? Would anyone here really meet someone who couldn't give informed and reasoned consent.

Before you start saying I wouldn't meet someone with xxxxx, and painting all people with the same tar, actually take some time to think about what you really mean."

If that was aimed at me, I do know what I really mean. Degree in ABA therapy here.

Just as some peoples preferece is no Asians/black only/ 420 friendly/no overweight etc , etc.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

To me this all about the person and NOT what you can see .... or can’t!

A while ago I met a lovely lady who was an amputee at a TV event at a swingers club (before I joined here) and had a couple of other health issues also. Tbh I didn’t realise to begin with, I just thought she was a lady who walked with a waking stick and possibly had an injury. We got on soooo well and enjoyed her company. We did talk about her ‘injury’ and she was very upfront about it and I wasn’t in the least bit put off by it ... in fact we did laugh and joke about it a little. We had an amazing time together and sooooo enjoyed each other ... in a number of ways! I hope to see again one day.

She was just a lovely person .... not just a lovely disabled person - not that I saw her as disabled.

R xx

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Agreed. I think people are talking about either someone so floridly unwell with a mental health condition that they could be sectioned at that point or be ruled to have no capacity (with the understanding that capacity fluctuates as people assume it doesn’t) or a learning difficulty so severe there would be lack of consent or a safeguarding alert raised.

People forget that learning difficulties could be severe dyslexia (and could be severe enough to be classed as disability under the Eq act 2010 but really not be cause for concern in terms of meets here. Many people are covered under disabled by the Eq act 2010 who would never term themselves as disabled - for example if you have cancer you are disabled from the point of diagnosis.

We should also be embracing the social model of disability and remembering that it’s the set up of society including environment and attitudes that disable not the condition or impairment itself.

Nita"

This. Nice one Nita

Liverpool

Yep. When people think of physical disabilities they usually think of something you can physically see. My physical disabilities are related to a heart condition and chronic pain from damage to my femoral nerve. Meeting me you'd likely never know anything was wrong unless I mentioned it.

By *lay-full-funCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Iam disabled I have been in a wheelchair for 5 years it doesn't stop us meeting some of those we meet do treat me like glass tho an I have to tell them just because I am in a chair I won't break

Surely they mean their perception of that person. They're not getting a professional assessment of that person's abilities/ disabilities. They are using the information they know and making a decision of whether they want to meet them or not.

Whether that's someone who appears very anxious or someone who can't spell/ appears to have dyslexia, etc, it's irrelevant.

Sex isn't a protected status. People can choose who they do - or don't- want to fuck. Their reasons are personal to them.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Met a girl who was Bi once.

The polar threw me later

This.

Recently ended up in a wheel chair temporarily after an accident. If anybody’s wanting to give it a try in the Leeds area drop me a message I don’t bite haha

No issue at all with a physical handicap/ disability but being mentally impaired/ handicapped? No. I've had experience with people with mental illness in the past and it wasnt a good experience, I wish I could say different but that's a no for me x

As long as that person doesn't drive slow and have her wallet ready at the till I wouldn't mind

"As long as that person doesn't drive slow and have her wallet ready at the till I wouldn't mind "

By *illupMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"Iam disabled I have been in a wheelchair for 5 years it doesn't stop us meeting some of those we meet do treat me like glass tho an I have to tell them just because I am in a chair I won't break "

"Just wondered how people would feel about swinging with disabled people.

If I find the person sexy,it doesn't matter. "

Not all disabilities are visible

If they are in a wheelchair do i bring lube or wd40?

Disabled cannot have my penis

Disabled people are ostracize in many way throw out life due to their disabilities which is wrong because we all human in the end.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not all disabilities are visible"

Exactly this. Disabilities don't define people x

By *il FiskMan  over a year ago

sefton

If the disability doesn't worry them, then it shouldn't worry you!

I'd have no problems hooking up with them!!

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I like to think I'd be open to meeting someone with a disability as I would be anyone that I fancied and liked. But I think that would be a real life scenario and not fab one for me.

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Not all disabilities are visible

Exactly this. Disabilities don't define people x"

Jo.Xx

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I'd like to think the person would take precedence over their physical abilities. I can certainly see myself being attracted to a disabled person. It's possible I might find it a difficult mental barrier to get over. I hope I could challenge myself successfully to get over any issues I may have being with a physically disabled person.

In reality I think I would only find out if I was faced with such an opportunity, and that has not yet happened in my life.

Luke

Liverpool

If someone stopped fancying me upon finding out I'm disabled then they're not really the type of person I would want to meet anyway.

"If someone stopped fancying me upon finding out I'm disabled then they're not really the type of person I would want to meet anyway."

I quite agree.

By *orny saintMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

I'm disabled and have No Isuse with abled biddy guys fucking me , I get lots it's just the dickhead weridos Pervs I hate on fab I'm bi and see theses dickhead , sorry dangerous perverted sick men on here a lot normal people should make more of thing to get the weridos kicked off and when they come back kick them off again and again think it would be dangerous for a disabled single woman to meet men on heremon there own as most are perverts and may take things to far I'm a bi man I've had sex with men that maybe I shouldn't off but I can look after my self had sex with some guys that turned out to be well werid all from here so I would think twice girls b4 doing it on your own

By *ojo1964Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"No issue at all with a physical handicap/ disability but being mentally impaired/ handicapped? No. I've had experience with people with mental illness in the past and it wasnt a good experience, I wish I could say different but that's a no for me x"

There you go, you've just pushed back history 50 yrs by using "handicap" it is so 50s/60s. Any "handicapped person" would find that offensive. I always thought a handicap was used in Golf?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If someone stopped fancying me upon finding out I'm disabled then they're not really the type of person I would want to meet anyway.

I quite agree. "

Agreed.

Depends on the disability. When I was a single girl on here looking for meets I wanted a man that was able to dominate me and put me through my paces. He needed to be strong and full of energy as I'm pretty insatiable so most physical disabilities wouldn't fit into my requirements.

Belle

By *herealdeal90Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Disability is vague. I’m disabled. But it doesn’t stop me from doing what I want, and making sure the girl I’m with is having a good time

Not a prayer

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Apparently, in theory I've got a disability.

I don't consider that I have, and it's put nobody off so far.

By *ust ClareTV/TS  over a year ago

Settlewick!

I would accept the person for who they are first and foremost.If they had a disability, I would discuss it with them if I thought it needed to be taken into consideration but it wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means

There used to be a lady on here who used a wheelchair,very attractive and used the forum's at times,but her personality and entitled attitude was far more of a turn off than any disability could have been!

I've also come across a profile on here ,with a young girl and a much older man.Judging by the profile text, I got the impression she may have some kind of learning disability,and knowing that she may be being coerced would put me right off

Finally a couple of years back I was chatting to a paraplegic ex soldier.I would quite happily have met him as he was a good conversationist but his messages took an aggressive down turn and I suspect there was some latent PTSD present.In that instance,the unseen 'disability' was more of a red flag than the seen one

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I would like/want to say that it wouldn't matter to me. But pn here I don't think that I would meet.

In the real world where I have gotten to know someone then that may be different

By *ab50Couple  over a year ago

bexhill

Other half has MS and has mobility issues.. Has to use crutches.. Check our profile pics and see if you think it makes a difference..

» Add a new message to this topic