FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Playing a character

Playing a character

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watching Celebrity Juice on ITV2 and as i'm sure most of you are aware Keith Lemon is indeed just the masterpiece created by Leigh Francis.

I saw an interview a few years back of Leigh Francis and he is sooo shy and quiet, do you think if you play a character for long enough you start to believe it and does it become/take over the actor?

Same i guess goes for long term soap actors/actresses. Does the fantasy turn into reality?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Suppose it depends on the actor/actress. I mean you hear about hardcore method actors, like Daniel Day Lewis and Viggo Mortensen, who are notorious for staying in character throughout production, which I suppose is the basis for Kirk Lazarus from Tropic Thunder.

Don't know of anyone that actually left shooting still in character though...

...although you hear about various soap stars that get harrassed by fans because of what their character did recently

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or a different spin if you told a lie 30 years ago would you actually start to believe it was real as time passed..

"Or a different spin if you told a lie 30 years ago would you actually start to believe it was real as time passed.. "

There is one true anecdote about my father which has become "embellished" over the years of recounting it...

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Interesting article in this months Vanity Fair where some of the actors started to act like they were "made men" as the series went on

I think Olivier once said too Dustin Hoffman, when Hoffman was suffering for his art deep in method acting deep of screen, "why don't you just act?"

Or something.. Google may show the correct response

"Interesting article in this months Vanity Fair where some of the actors started to act like they were "made men" as the series went on

I think Olivier once said too Dustin Hoffman, when Hoffman was suffering for his art deep in method acting deep of screen, "why don't you just act?"

Or something.. Google may show the correct response

"

" Try acting dear boy"

» Add a new message to this topic