FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Game/Gamestation goin

Game/Gamestation goin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The past couple of days, Game and Gamestation, run by the same people is going to be closing soon.

If you have been online or instore the last few days, you would notice no new games, and big sales on pre-order stuff as they need to get rid of it all.

New stuff they can send back to suppliers. Today they talked to some of the staff about closing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Sadly going the same way as many other businesses

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My son had a couple of hundred worth of vouchers that he got for Christmas and his birthday. We are going down at the weekend to spend as much as possible so he doesn't lose out.

Forum Mod

My son told me about this a couple of days ago,he's gutted as he used to sell his old games and get new ones all the time

Its a shame its happened,I feel for all the staff that may lose their jobs,theres got to be one in almost every high street

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Oops i meant pre owned games sales.

A lot of talk that HMV may be close to closing as well.

not surprised really considering there prices

would be good if they kept the online outlets going tho

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

EA and Capcom have both refused to suplly them with the latest titles, such as Mass Effect 3

I have Diablo 3 Collectors edition on pre order with them but did not have to pay anything up front so wont lose out if they do go to the wall

As for selling used games as someone mentioned try CEX (google them)

I was in there the other day as my son was getting an xbox for his birthday.. they told me to wait till Friday if I could.

But 11 year old boy wasnt going to wait any longer and it was his money lol

It is sad as its first place I go.. I have 4 consoles from them.. all with warrenty which I am guessing is now not worth anything.

cali

"I was in there the other day as my son was getting an xbox for his birthday.. they told me to wait till Friday if I could.

But 11 year old boy wasnt going to wait any longer and it was his money lol

It is sad as its first place I go.. I have 4 consoles from them.. all with warrenty which I am guessing is now not worth anything.

cali "

If they are extended warranties, chances are they are with different company. Check your warranty agreements and it may be worth giving them a ring to find out where you stand.

its just that with your receipt you get 12 months that they will fix or replace your console.

Cali

Sad.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"its just that with your receipt you get 12 months that they will fix or replace your console.

Cali "

The first port of call for any "12 month warranty" on new products is the place you bought them from, but the warranty is a manufacturers warranty, so if anything did happen to the consoles the manufacturer will repair/ replace them.

That's why it is always a good idea to register the consoles on the manufacturers website or send in the registration card.

» Add a new message to this topic