FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stolen phone

Stolen phone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just thought I'd share my anger with you all.

Had my iPhone stolen in the changing room of the gym where I work.

They are so bloody rich there why do they have to take stuff that doesn't belong to them!

I'm so gutted.

All my phone nos, photos, dates etc!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

I would be gutted without my phone. My life is on my phone LOL

I do take mine to the gym but always leave in my locker.

Can you claim on your employers insurance?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't realise how much we rely on our mobiles do we? Our little grandson knocked mine into a drink last year and killed it. We were able to rescue the sim and the memory card out of it but some stuff was saved to the phone for some unknown reason, wasn't until I wanted to get in touch with someone and realised their number was missing.

Hope someone has picked it up by mistake and that you get it back soon.

Ah that's not good at all n disgusting when people do that to others, hope they get their karma babes spread some rumours round the club about phone got inset tracking device n ur partner is in police shit the person up who has stolen it I would

did you have it phone locked? also did you have a GPS tracker app on it?

My phone got stolen on boxing day 2010 i sobbed my heart out as it was my daughters 1st birthday and 1st proper xmas just prior to that.. all the pictures and videos gone. id have done anything to retreive the memory card out of it

Thats why we dont go to the Gym

pointless people nicking phones nowadays because they get blocked once they get reported lost or stolen. Good to have phone and sim lock on phone to stop usage. Always back up your smart phone at least once per month.

"Thats why we dont go to the Gym "

OP I know my ipad has a GPS tracker and I can do a find my ipad search if I lose it. Does your iphone have the same thing on it? xx

you can only use the gps tracker only if you left the gps mode on your profile. Thats why i always leave my gps on.

Know its a rubbish thing to have happened but have to ask was your phone locked away?

thats awfull

Hope it didn't have lots of naughty pics on it... I lost mine/thought stolen and it had a few of the better half on it, thankfully it turned up again. My worry was it getting into the wrong hands due to the pics that we'd taken....

I don't suppose you had all your stuff on icloud....at least you could still access it all then you get your replacement phone..

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"Just thought I'd share my anger with you all.

They are so bloody rich there why do they have to take stuff that doesn't belong to them!

I'm so gutted.

All my phone nos, photos, dates etc!!! "

Really sorry to read this, there are some nasty people about.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"pointless people nicking phones nowadays because they get blocked once they get reported lost or stolen. Good to have phone and sim lock on phone to stop usage. Always back up your smart phone at least once per month. "

The blocking only works in the UK, the phones still work when taken to every other country, so an exported phone has full value abroad - I think many of the phones stolen just get shipped overseas.

Full sympathy with the poster, I've been there, and it's an awful deal.

"pointless people nicking phones nowadays because they get blocked once they get reported lost or stolen. Good to have phone and sim lock on phone to stop usage. Always back up your smart phone at least once per month. "

phones are only blocked in the uk, and possibly parts of europe, iphones are big money when you take them further afield, where the imei block isnt active. i was talking to a guy in a phone shop who regularly 'loses' his iphone, only to sell the locked phone in india for upwards of £600!

ps sorry to hear your phone has been stolen though, i detest the little shits who steal from other people, esp something so personal aswell

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Just thought I'd share my anger with you all.

I'm so gutted.

All my phone nos, photos, dates etc!!! "

Surely you have find my iPhone and iTunes so everything should be backed up

i have no idea why people pinch phones now days, it takes 30 seconds to phone your provider up and get the phone blocked then its usless

I had my pinched last year from my slimming world class, i left it on the table while i went to get weight when i went back it was gone, to be honest i dont rely on my phone that much that my life came to a end but i was really pissed off that in a place where i felt i knew and trusted everyone someone stole off me

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all your kind replies and empathy.

I do have 'find my iPhone' but it only works if you are online and although it was when I had it, I don't know what the thief did to it in the meantime. People seem to be able to get into your phone even if it's locked.

As for photos, many are just holiday snaps and family pics but there were a couple of 'iffy' ones on there, lol (oops)

Still, it's insured and I've reported to police etc.

I usually put it in my pocket but left it out when I put padlock on my locker, ironically.

I have no idea whether the phone nos are backed up on my laptop although I do back it up frequently...

» Add a new message to this topic