FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chuggers(charity Street collectors)

Chuggers(charity Street collectors)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

I walked down my local high street and got followed by four different charity collectors each a distance part down the street, trying to get me to sign up for a direct debit to a charity.

Im not sure i see why anyone would to give their direct debit details to total strangers on a high street. Nothing against charties, but im not sure annoying shoppers is the best way to promote your charity.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just eye em up if they are hot...

"I walked down my local high street and got followed by four different charity collectors each a distance part down the street, trying to get me to sign up for a direct debit to a charity.

Im not sure i see why anyone would to give their direct debit details to total strangers on a high street. Nothing against charties, but im not sure annoying shoppers is the best way to promote your charity. "

Its actually getting to be a bit of a problem now. I have had it on the street and the tele sales ones too harassing and not removing my number when asked. Apparently many are NOT employed by the charity but a 3rd party who pay people and make a profit. Something really needs to be done or people will just stop giving all together.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Apparently many are NOT employed by the charity but a 3rd party who pay people and make a profit.

"

Thats true

we get them knocking at your door round here

I tell them straight from the start if you want my bank details your wasting your time, ive even had them offer me a phone number to varify them and ive pointed out that could be their mate sat at home

Noone in their right mind would give out such personal stuff to strangers

I just avoid talking as once they get you to respond they don't leave you alone.

best adviced is avoid eye contact at any cost

soon as you see one go into london underground mode.....stick you head down and just steam on regardless

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

One of the worst up here are the British Heart Foundation! They stand outside their shop and rattle the tins under your nose every day the weather is OK! Not only is it annoying, it is illegal! No one reports them because they are a charity!

They should have a street collection licence and if they get one it will specify a date or dates. It also says they are NOT allowed to approach anyone.

Those asking you to fill out direct debits, if they approach you are also breaking the law on public property. NOT if they have permission of the property owner, such as a shopping centre.

» Add a new message to this topic