FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I need motivation

I need motivation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im thinking about doing the six mile walk for sports relief on sunday 25th of march. I only usually do a 2 mile walk and i reckon this will take me all day.

So i need positive reasons to get me off my arse to do it lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

music!! get ya ipod or whatever, now the evenings are lighter you can enjoy the 'slightly' warmer weather and your favourite music!!!

you go girl!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Rather than a 6 mile walk think of it as three 2 mile walks

The average person walks at 3 mph... 2hrs to finish... Take sandwiches...

The only motivation I can think of is, for every mile you don't walk mushy will shoot a kitten

"Im thinking about doing the six mile walk for sports relief on sunday 25th of march. I only usually do a 2 mile walk and i reckon this will take me all day.

So i need positive reasons to get me off my arse to do it lol"

Leave your phone, most of your money, purse and only have enough money for a 1 way bus trip. No choice then but to walk back.

your motivation should be just how proud of yourself you will feel as you cross the finish line treacle

come on you know you can do it if you do that i'll do the race for life

Good for your health, good for charity and you'll feel amazing at having achieved something! Good luck x

Ive decided to do it, ive ordered my new pedometre and as off the weekend im going to start practicing. I said i would set myself new challenges and this is a perfect opportunity.

18 months ago i couldnt get to the top of the street without huffing and puffing so although six miles doesnt seem much to some it is a long way for me

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"Ive decided to do it, ive ordered my new pedometre and as off the weekend im going to start practicing. I said i would set myself new challenges and this is a perfect opportunity.

18 months ago i couldnt get to the top of the street without huffing and puffing so although six miles doesnt seem much to some it is a long way for me"

Google maps can be good for mapping out your walks....

If you need to be able to go six miles, then you only need to go three to four miles in training - several two mile walks in the same week would be better training than trying to do six miles in one go in training...

"Ive decided to do it, ive ordered my new pedometre and as off the weekend im going to start practicing. I said i would set myself new challenges and this is a perfect opportunity.

18 months ago i couldnt get to the top of the street without huffing and puffing so although six miles doesnt seem much to some it is a long way for me

If you need to be able to go six miles, then you only need to go three to four miles in training - several two mile walks in the same week would be better training than trying to do six miles in one go in training..."

Yes, im not planning on doing six in one go that would be too much for me.

We have a by pass here around the town and you can get on and off it at different points, its where most people go so i will start with my normal 2mile route then up it to the next point. I will have about 2 weeks two practice as its on 25th of march

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

If you need to be able to go six miles, then you only need to go three to four miles in training - several two mile walks in the same week would be better training than trying to do six miles in one go in training...

Yes, im not planning on doing six in one go that would be too much for me.

We have a by pass here around the town and you can get on and off it at different points, its where most people go so i will start with my normal 2mile route then up it to the next point. I will have about 2 weeks two practice as its on 25th of march"

take it slow ,we want to walk the roman wall with the boys and will need to do about 12 miles a day ,the youngest can easily to 5 now so long as we go at his pace

Finishing is what matters

And well done for wanting too

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

One mile should take roughly 20-30 minutes. So really at the worst, it should take 4 hours at a really slow walk....

» Add a new message to this topic