FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holidaying alone

Holidaying alone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anchesterknight OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m thinking of going on holiday alone, is it weird?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Nope, not one bit

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"I’m thinking of going on holiday alone, is it weird?"

That depends on where you go and what you like doing. I generally go away on my own but have learned to forget about European resorts as other holidaymakers tend to give you a wide berth.

On the flip side North Americans won’t let you be on your own and will insist you join their group. For this reason I love going to Mexico. This year I’m backpacking in Thailand and Cambodia, which is another altogether different dynamic.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've often thought about this myself, however, I worry being a single female will either bring me unwanted attention or ruin some peoples holiday because they will feel obliged to 'lets invite her over, she looks lonely' so I am always left in a bit of a quandary, about where etc

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not at all weird. We had a thread on this about 3weeks ago.

I travel all over the world alone. It's great, can mean different adventures, meeting up with people you wouldn't have and pushing your boundaries. With holidays with the same friends, you tend to do more of the same. Alone you have full choice. Probably sleep better too. And sex is available, as I'm always amazed who gets after me.

I've made great friends - a couple of Italian girls - spent a long holiday with them and families. A young French cop, who was gorgeous to curl up in bed with.Wonderful belgian who introduced me to his rugby team. A Czech lad, we toured New Zealand together, so many happy memories under the clear silent night sky. I've a long happy list of memories, experiences and people forming years of friendships, often meeting up multiple times. Sure, this can be possible when not alone but I find it less supportive that way

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

Some of my most enjoyable holidays have been solo. Do it once and you'll wonder why you ever had any doubts

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’m thinking of going on holiday alone, is it weird?"

No.

I just wish I was brave enough to do it.

By *ewtoyouXXXMan  over a year ago

rochdale cowboy

I’ve done it

It was good I met a group of people and had a great time

I’ve been away alone a few times and I love it, just wish I could do it more!

Go for it

By *ilentnoiseMan  over a year ago

Belfast

About 10 years ago I was so fed up that my mates were always busy and never wanted to travel to the places I wanted to go to that I decided I was going to travel by myself. I thought it was weird and that others would think I was weird. It was the best thing I ever did. It have me confidence and o actually met people that I would probably never have met had I gone with mates or a gf. It gave me the confidence to go on my own more and more. I’ve gone to Canada, China, Malaysia, Thailand and a lot of European countries by myself. I really recommend it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No. Not at all. There are millions of people who holiday alone.

It's a holiday not a friendliday or a coupldeday ......

Why not join one of those singles things where a load of singles go on their hol together.

I like holidaying alone. I get to do what I want to do all the time And meeting new people is great. You don't tend to do that if you are holidaying with someone.

If you are thinking of going to Disney Club or Tigers Club at Butlin's that'd be weird.

Where you goin ?

My plan is to get away to Tenerife on my own once my house sale is sorted. Never done it before but I feel it's time I done it. Being single sucks but atleast I have friends out there if I feel I need company.

By *anchesterknight OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m thinking for going to Portugal for a few days, I have always been away with my ex wife or friends and fancy sampling my own company on holiday.

» Add a new message to this topic