FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Polyamorous relationship

Polyamorous relationship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all, what are your views on this? Looking for a woman to join our relationship, where do we start???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm all up for a poly relationship but to be honest your profile is pretty unappealing to me.

You need to establish where everyone stands in this relationship, equality is a must but your profile says you're after an anal loving sub.

Will this lady just be someone who pleases you both then is sent home?

Is the long term to all live together?

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Something we've been talking about a lot lately too.

We think it could work, but finding the right person and things progressing naturally are key.

We have been talking to a certain someone for quite a long time now and very mich hoping to explore with her and see where things end up.

X

"I'm all up for a poly relationship but to be honest your profile is pretty unappealing to me.

You need to establish where everyone stands in this relationship, equality is a must but your profile says you're after an anal loving sub.

"

Please excuse the intrusion and totally off subject but wow, what a great body you have.

Sorry all, carry on

"I'm all up for a poly relationship but to be honest your profile is pretty unappealing to me.

Please excuse the intrusion and totally off subject but wow, what a great body you have.

Sorry all, carry on "

Ooh sleazy

Sorry all, carry on

Ooh sleazy "

Can't blame him for trying! lol

Leicestershire

Sorry all, carry on

Ooh sleazy

Can't blame him for trying! lol"

Made us chuckle to be fair lol

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Hi all, what are your views on this? Looking for a woman to join our relationship, where do we start??? "

In poly there are a LOT of couples looking for a bi woman to join them, so you'll have to start with plenty of patience.

And if you're trying to find someone to date on here, I'd work on making your profile much less demanding, and more friendly and informative about who you both are...

"Hi all, what are your views on this? Looking for a woman to join our relationship, where do we start??? "

Poly the good the bad the ugly

Now I know that not everyone on here either gets/interested/agrees with the Poly life style and i get that and its totally okay as its down to choice in the end.

But what I have found is this lifestyle opens up the experiences and dynamics to people that may start them considering if poly maybe something worth exploring.

I have been asked a number of times about the benefits and negatives of living a poly lifestyle. Now I am not saying I am the guru of all knowledge but i have had both good and bad experiences of poly and wanted to share what I have learnt.

Let’s start off with all the good parts of Polyamory. Now these may not be in all oly relationships but is generally what I have found.

1. Open Communication

For poly to work you must have amazing two way communication skills.

Poly households need to be able to discuss alot of difficult topics. You need to discuss your relationship dynamics, comfort levels and jealousy. You need to discuss your boundaries and your emotions, which is a great exercise of communication. It can really let you open up about your desires and feelings and learn about the needs of your partner or partners.

2. Cheating/affairs

If you’re open to each other, then you get to be intimate with other people without the damage cheating/affairs can have on a couple. Now i am not saying it can not occur as if couples have set boundaries to their poly relationship and these are broken then cheating can occur.

3. Exploring different dynamics and sexuallity.

Being intimate with more than one person can lead to you being able to exlore all sides of you kink dynamics and your sexuality. It also means that you have more than 1 person to share your life eith opening up an enviroment thar allows you to explore more facets of life. You share lives not just sex.

4. Support and personal growth

The more people you have close to you, the more loving support you hace within your life. This can include additional emotional support, physical support and practical support.

There is a Polyamory theory that the more you are loved, the more you are able to accept love, which in turn makes you a better support system for those around you. That can’t be a bad thing can it ?

So now lets look at some of the negatives that come with a pily lifestyle.

1. Jealousy

Now this is one I always struggled with, i have never really felt or understood jealousy and its something I have had to learn to deal with in others.

At one point i was very silly to assume well your poly you should not be jealous. But thats not true I now understand that people can be in a poly relationship and be jealous. Its how they deal with the jealousy that is the key factor.

In order for the relationships to be successful, you need to be comfortable talking about jealousy and finding ways to solve issues. Ifyou dont do that like in any monogamous relationship it can tear the relationship apart and leave a sea of broken hearts.

2. Juggling time.

Life can get really busy, so making sure everyone gets time is a must. And to be honest this is one of the hardest parts of being poly. I always joke that this is easy fir me as I have a Boo, and she is the Poly PA for the house od pest lol.

But you have to keep in mind sometimes its possible that one person may need more attention than the other, and there needs to be a way to balance everything so no one gets left out.

To be honest normally fir us its the core relationship of Boo and Me that sacrifice time to make sure everyone gets the time they need.

3. The stigma

Polyamory is not widely socially acceptable. I have had people say to me in the past that I can not love Boo if I have someone else. That its really just fucking around, that im cheatimg and Boo can not be accepting of this behaviour. Its seen in a bad light by many. So in many poly groups its kept secret from their friends and family.

4. Baggage

If you are not in a good point in your core relationship and you are trying poly to try and fix your issues then its not going to work. The core has to be strong for poly to work or you end up with unhappy partners. Also the core is taking on the baggage that comes with most people now over the age of 20 lol. This canput strain on the other relationship specially in the early stages

5. The ugly

Poly will always be used by those that are hidding their lifestyle from their partners as an excuse to screw around. This is not poly this is not open relationship this cheating .

Now the above is just a general observation from myself and my poly journey. Now what I can say is that i have met some wonderful people and experienced alot of life adventures with them. I have learnt alot about myself as well, there has also been heartbreak, tears and alot of stress on the way but I will stand by my poly lifesyle and look forward to all it brings

Everyone loves a trier ... To be fair, every lady in this thread is very beautiful, whomever you all have on your arm is a very lucky man / lady.

Leicestershire

"Everyone loves a trier ... To be fair, every lady in this thread is very beautiful, whomever you all have on your arm is a very lucky man / lady. "

Definitely... you were right too lol

By *pain_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Spain

We’ve been interested in adding a third to our couple for years, but never found the right person. Guess we should try harder really.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"We’ve been interested in adding a third to our couple for years, but never found the right person. Guess we should try harder really. "

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is it just me or are poly relationships principly two women and a man?

Not casting aspersions here but are any comprised of two men and a woman or multiples of any gender?

That would need a serious sit down and chat, so many things that would have to come into it. Reality is very different from fantasy.....

By *aneyyMan  over a year ago

london

I have a feeling the two women would fall madly in love and leave me lool

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"Is it just me or are poly relationships principly two women and a man?

Not casting aspersions here but are any comprised of two men and a woman or multiples of any gender? "

I want a poly MFM relationship

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

"Is it just me or are poly relationships principly two women and a man?

Not casting aspersions here but are any comprised of two men and a woman or multiples of any gender? "

Yes, I met a family of two men and a woman.

» Add a new message to this topic