FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No shit Sherlock

No shit Sherlock

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I’m getting old and grumpy. Has this to be the most pointless news story of the day?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48382570

“Surgeons are warning dog owners not to wrap leads around their fingers or wrist because of the dangers of serious hand injury.

They say thousands of people could be at risk from lacerations, friction burns, fractures and ligament injuries.

There were 30 serious hand injuries caused by dog leads last year in Cornwall alone, the British Society for Surgery of the Hand said.”

Dear god. This was once a country that subjugated half the world, murdering pygmies and natives with gay abandon. Now we’ve been bought to our knees by a bloody dog leads.

If only Hitler had know. He could of dropped leads all over the U.K. and been chomping sauerkraut in Fortnum and Masons by Christmas 1939.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We need a cull of so called experts. They thrive on warning us on the perils of everything . The biggest danger is experts. End of.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

This is why I carry my pooches lead around my neck....no not really. Beggars belief how much that research cost. The worlds gone mad.

It's up there with milk cartons saying 'caution contains milk!!'

"This is why I carry my pooches lead around my neck....no not really. Beggars belief how much that research cost. The worlds gone mad.

It's up there with milk cartons saying 'caution contains milk!!'"

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Have you ever used one of those cord leads? You ALWAYS end up choosing one that is just a smidge too long.

You take your highly strung over eager dog for a walk. Hark! He spies another dog. “Shit!” You think to yourself, as you quickly roll the lead around your wrist so he can’t rip said dog’s throat out as you’d forgotten to put his muzzle on....and meanwhile he’s off....pulling you along like Geoff Capes used to pull a tractor in Worlds Strongest Man...meanwhile you have friction burns on your hand so bad it looks like you’ve wanked a guy off at high speed!

You live it. You learn from it.

Unfortunately the reason this sort of advice is given is because there are people who have done this.

There are a lot of people on this planet who don't have an ounce of common sense.

Think about ut this way, whenever you see a warning on a products packaging it's there to protect the producer agaist legal action and is often a result of someone once having done ut.

We all laugh at the warning 'this product contains nuts' on a packet of peanuts (which aren't actually a nut) but it's there to protect the company marketibg them

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Have you ever used one of those cord leads? You ALWAYS end up choosing one that is just a smidge too long.

You take your highly strung over eager dog for a walk. Hark! He spies another dog. “Shit!” You think to yourself, as you quickly roll the lead around your wrist so he can’t rip said dog’s throat out as you’d forgotten to put his muzzle on....and meanwhile he’s off....pulling you along like Geoff Capes used to pull a tractor in Worlds Strongest Man...meanwhile you have friction burns on your hand so bad it looks like you’ve wanked a guy off at high speed!

You live it. You learn from it."

Brilliant!

See, we only have a tiny terrier (who thinks he’s a Rottweiler) and when he goes belting off he gets to end of the lead with a sharp stop and nearly throttles himself. Never learns.

» Add a new message to this topic