FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming world

Slimming world

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else on slimming world? How do you find it? I find braking the habbit off eating chocolate difficult and will have to turn cold turkey lol. Anyone else struggle with eating habbits.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a load of nonsense, exercise and eat better job done

By *illingVicMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Went for carb restriction myself (proto-Keto) and have seen excellent results so far.

By *ltcouple666Couple  over a year ago

cheshire

"Anyone else on slimming world? How do you find it? I find braking the habbit off eating chocolate difficult and will have to turn cold turkey lol. Anyone else struggle with eating habbits."

I'm loving it!! Tip tip get the pinch of nom cook book and join their group of Facebook.... k x

I suppose it is..but im committed now for a few drop ins..will keep going.

I personally think sw is full of it. Their food has more calories that shop brands. Not to mention the banana thing, its more syns to chew it! Away goodness sake a banana is a banana a. Let's face it unless you deepthroat that thing your apparently syncing. Far too funny

Fucking watermelon will get you healthier mate

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

"Fucking watermelon will get you healthier mate "

Your obsessed with watermelons

"Fucking watermelon will get you healthier mate "
like Jim from American Pie haha

"Anyone else on slimming world? How do you find it? I find braking the habbit off eating chocolate difficult and will have to turn cold turkey lol. Anyone else struggle with eating habbits."

It's the snacks and drink that I find the hardest. Stick with it, you'll definitely see results. And stay to group.

"Fucking watermelon will get you healthier mate

Your obsessed with watermelons "

Moi ? No way !!

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I’m not on a diet but 2 years ago I stopped eating chocolate for a month for the British heart foundation so that made me do it but I found when I could eat chocolate again I could take it or leave it. So maybe if you could cold turkey for a few weeks it would stop your craving for it.

My mum is 70 and has just lost over 3 stone going to slimming world and is now at target weight so it does work if you are in the right frame of mind. I suppose most diets work if you are in the right frame of mind.

Good luck x

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

"Fucking watermelon will get you healthier mate

Your obsessed with watermelons

Moi ? No way !! "

Qui !!

People are lazy. Eat well and exercise that's all that's needed to loose weight. Keep in a calorific deficit it's the only way it works.

"People are lazy. Eat well and exercise that's all that's needed to loose weight. Keep in a calorific deficit it's the only way it works. "

Ive restarted in the gym and changed my diet. Lots more fruit and veg and meats, not keen on fish. Plenty of water. Hopefully i can lose some weight

"People are lazy. Eat well and exercise that's all that's needed to loose weight. Keep in a calorific deficit it's the only way it works.

Ive restarted in the gym and changed my diet. Lots more fruit and veg and meats, not keen on fish. Plenty of water. Hopefully i can lose some weight "

stick with what your doing and hopefully see results soon. It's a tough journey I know, I went from.14 st to 10 it took a good while. Just eat good smaller portions and exercise. Good luck to you

Lanarkshire

"People are lazy. Eat well and exercise that's all that's needed to loose weight. Keep in a calorific deficit it's the only way it works. "

It’s not being lazy if you join a slimming club it’s being proactive! Sometimes people need some incentive to stick to the healthier eating plan and going to a weekly group can provide that incentive.

"People are lazy. Eat well and exercise that's all that's needed to loose weight. Keep in a calorific deficit it's the only way it works.

Ive restarted in the gym and changed my diet. Lots more fruit and veg and meats, not keen on fish. Plenty of water. Hopefully i can lose some weight stick with what your doing and hopefully see results soon. It's a tough journey I know, I went from.14 st to 10 it took a good while. Just eat good smaller portions and exercise. Good luck to you "

thank you

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Anyone else on slimming world? How do you find it? I find braking the habbit off eating chocolate difficult and will have to turn cold turkey lol. Anyone else struggle with eating habbits.

I'm loving it!! Tip tip get the pinch of nom cook book and join their group of Facebook.... k x"

I wouldn’t waste your time on that heap of shite. It’s called pinch of nom because most of the recipes have been stolen from other sources. Check out two chubby, half the book came from their recipes published for free on their blog!

"Anyone else on slimming world? How do you find it? I find braking the habbit off eating chocolate difficult and will have to turn cold turkey lol. Anyone else struggle with eating habbits.

I'm loving it!! Tip tip get the pinch of nom cook book and join their group of Facebook.... k x

I wouldn’t waste your time on that heap of shite. It’s called pinch of nom because most of the recipes have been stolen from other sources. Check out two chubby, half the book came from their recipes published for free on their blog!"

It’s not being lazy if you join a slimming club it’s being proactive! Sometimes people need some incentive to stick to the healthier eating plan and going to a weekly group can provide that incentive. "

it's a waste of time and money! Stop skimming world bang like on again. Fact of the matter is you need to stick to good portion sizing and exercise! Why pay sw it's a rip off simple

It’s not being lazy if you join a slimming club it’s being proactive! Sometimes people need some incentive to stick to the healthier eating plan and going to a weekly group can provide that incentive. "

also let's face it sitting in a chair listening to people talking rubbish isn't proactive. Think you could go a decent walk or a gym session in that time

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Find a good wholesome chocolate replacement. Frozen grapes are my go to.

"Find a good wholesome chocolate replacement. Frozen grapes are my go to. "

Bedworth

I wouldn’t waste your time on that heap of shite. It’s called pinch of nom because most of the recipes have been stolen from other sources. Check out two chubby, half the book came from their recipes published for free on their blog!"

Doh! I meant to say check out the two chubby cubs

The women in my office all do it. They seem obsessed with maximising the sins they can eat on a daily basis and seem to eat huge portions of some foods and eat a lot of shit with no real nutritional value. One lost 2 stones and put it all back on and the others seem to lose a few pounds and thenput twice as much on.

Despite the fact bon of ten have lost weight following it in some cases for years they all swear it works

I have another friend that lost over 5 stone but began running at the same time, a jone thag tppm her to multiple marathons. She was a bit of a poster girl for them, one of their success stories, but ended up being banned from meetings and social media pages because she acredited the loss to exercise and diet not just their diet.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've worked with people on Slimming World. As said above they seem to lose weight then put it all back on again in a cycle.

"I've worked with people on Slimming World. As said above they seem to lose weight then put it all back on again in a cycle.

"

That's the same for all diets to be fair.

"Went for carb restriction myself (proto-Keto) and have seen excellent results so far. "

What's that?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I like SW, using the principles and also a calorie and excercise tracker called my fitness pal. Seems to be working.

"It's a load of nonsense, exercise and eat better job done "

When you're 31 you can give up biscuits and lose weight, it seems when you get over 50 you give up all bad food and alcohol and still put on weight. If SW works for those who try, good luck to them

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've worked with people on Slimming World. As said above they seem to lose weight then put it all back on again in a cycle.

That's the same for all diets to be fair. "

I have noticed that a lot of my friends who diet only succeed for a short time. My friend who got a dog that needed a lot of exercise has lost loads of weight and kept it off.

Lanarkshire

My friend has just posted online that after losing 1.5 pounds this week she has lost 14 stone in total going to slimming world and exercising a lot more.

Attending SW gave her the determination to lose weight as when she felt like cheating she didn’t as she knew she would be getting weighed at class.

Dieting is straightforward eat less exercise more but sometimes we need support along the way and that’s what diet classes do for those that need an extra push.

SW works for some not for others I lost 1.5st since Feb on it and tbh I've not been following it to the letter but it's made me make better choices about what I do eat i mainly go because if I stop getting weighed each week I know i won't bother trying as hard as I am one of them Lazy people that have been mentioned previously in the thread

Everyone knows eating better exercise more is the best way about it but bad habits old life styles are hard to change

SW does to a exercise thing as well but I've not looked into it

Ive lost 13 stone by changing my lifestyle and the way i think towards food.

Fatty and sugary foods i see as poison and healthy foods i celebrate for the nutrition and goodness it gives my body.

Also by not eating refined sugar at all, everything tastes so much better, i can taste the natural sweetness and actually some things like raisins get too sweet after a few. It takes a few weeks for your taste to change, but soo worth it

Sw is a farce a way to make money and keep it coming. Ih I've hit my goal time to stop going boom end up heavier than before. Learn some nutrition folks a d for goodness sake go a walk or to the gym. It's not hard.

"It's a load of nonsense, exercise and eat better job done

When you're 31 you can give up biscuits and lose weight, it seems when you get over 50 you give up all bad food and alcohol and still put on weight. If SW works for those who try, good luck to them "

Nonsense learn as I said above about nutrition

"The women in my office all do it. They seem obsessed with maximising the sins they can eat on a daily basis and seem to eat huge portions of some foods and eat a lot of shit with no real nutritional value. One lost 2 stones and put it all back on and the others seem to lose a few pounds and thenput twice as much on.

Despite the fact bon of ten have lost weight following it in some cases for years they all swear it works

I have another friend that lost over 5 stone but began running at the same time, a jone thag tppm her to multiple marathons. She was a bit of a poster girl for them, one of their success stories, but ended up being banned from meetings and social media pages because she acredited the loss to exercise and diet not just their diet."

exactly the point I'm making

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I personally think sw is full of it. Their food has more calories that shop brands. Not to mention the banana thing, its more syns to chew it! Away goodness sake a banana is a banana a. Let's face it unless you deepthroat that thing your apparently syncing. Far too funny"

What on earth are you blathering on about?

evesham

They should have published a book then, perhaps they'd be as popular as pinch of nom then

evesham

There will always be yo-yo dieters no matter what method people choose, be it slimming clubs, eat right move more, bariatric surgery etc because some people simply don't change their relationship with food (I know because I'm one of them) but to put down people's attempts at losing weight simply because you don't like their chosen path is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

If people want to spend a fiver a week to sit in a group and discuss healthy eating, who are you to tell them they shouldn't?

Slimming world clearly does work for a lot if people. My consultant has lost and kept off 12 stone. Other people I know have lost and kept off great amounts of weight on the plan.

It uses low energy foods that you can then eat a lot of to keep you from feeling hungry or restricted. Giving you a set amount if syns (short for synergy) a day to allow you to not feel like anything is out of bounds but it makes you think about what you are eating as you need to weigh up wether the sun's are worth the eating.

The only thing I don't agree with is their stance on exercise not helping weight loss but just toning you up. I always challenge that when mentioned.

Im on it and so far lost 2 stone since January! Working great for me !

"There will always be yo-yo dieters no matter what method people choose, be it slimming clubs, eat right move more, bariatric surgery etc because some people simply don't change their relationship with food (I know because I'm one of them) but to put down people's attempts at losing weight simply because you don't like their chosen path is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

If people want to spend a fiver a week to sit in a group and discuss healthy eating, who are you to tell them they shouldn't?

Slimming world clearly does work for a lot if people. My consultant has lost and kept off 12 stone. Other people I know have lost and kept off great amounts of weight on the plan.

It uses low energy foods that you can then eat a lot of to keep you from feeling hungry or restricted. Giving you a set amount if syns (short for synergy) a day to allow you to not feel like anything is out of bounds but it makes you think about what you are eating as you need to weigh up wether the sun's are worth the eating.

The only thing I don't agree with is their stance on exercise not helping weight loss but just toning you up. I always challenge that when mentioned. "

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

Download a calorie tracker like my fitness pal it's really eye opening

I'm not actively trying to lose weight as such, but I've had a busy week and been eating slightly healthier than usual and lost 4kg by accident haha so thought maybe I'd give it a proper go.. I started tracking some of my favourite meals by creating "recipes" in the app and tbh I was quite shocked that even some of my favourite "healthy" meals still work out at about 600 per portion (and I probably eat more than one portion ??)

Its a strange feeling because as soon as I was adding stuff up hubby offered me my favourite energy drink and I honestly didn't feel like adding extra unnecessary calories to my day

Lanarkshire

"Sw is a farce a way to make money and keep it coming. Ih I've hit my goal time to stop going boom end up heavier than before. Learn some nutrition folks a d for goodness sake go a walk or to the gym. It's not hard. "

It’s not just as straightforward as learning about nutrition and if people require support to stick to a healthier eating plan then why is that wrong? Just because you manage doesn’t mean everyone else does.

It’s a bit like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that their habit is bad for them and they should just stop - doesn’t work like that, they know it’s bad for them but they need help to overcome it.

"Sw is a farce a way to make money and keep it coming. Ih I've hit my goal time to stop going boom end up heavier than before. Learn some nutrition folks a d for goodness sake go a walk or to the gym. It's not hard.

It’s not just as straightforward as learning about nutrition and if people require support to stick to a healthier eating plan then why is that wrong? Just because you manage doesn’t mean everyone else does.

It’s a bit like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that their habit is bad for them and they should just stop - doesn’t work like that, they know it’s bad for them but they need help to overcome it. "

Sorry but if you are going to compare being overweight with addiction then you are defeating your own point. You get expert help with those issues. SW are not experts

Lanarkshire

"Sw is a farce a way to make money and keep it coming. Ih I've hit my goal time to stop going boom end up heavier than before. Learn some nutrition folks a d for goodness sake go a walk or to the gym. It's not hard.

It’s a bit like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that their habit is bad for them and they should just stop - doesn’t work like that, they know it’s bad for them but they need help to overcome it.

Sorry but if you are going to compare being overweight with addiction then you are defeating your own point. You get expert help with those issues. SW are not experts "

It’s still support to help them with slimming that was my point.

Peer support is a major part in alcohol and drug addiction and SW or any other diet group is peer support.

It may not be as in-depth support as addictions but it is still support at the end of the day

The best thing about Slimming World is throwing a bag of Maltesers into the middle of the meetings for a life sized game of hungry hungry hippos

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 11:06:21]

Sorry but if you are going to compare being overweight with addiction then you are defeating your own point. You get expert help with those issues. SW are not experts

Peer support is a major part in alcohol and drug addiction and SW or any other diet group is peer support.

It may not be as in-depth support as addictions but it is still support at the end of the day "

you obviously use it that you're defending it so much? Waste of time and money. Want support

Learn nutrition a d talk to friends

"Went for carb restriction myself (proto-Keto) and have seen excellent results so far.

What's that?"

A load of shite tbh

"Im on it and so far lost 2 stone since January! Working great for me !"

Come off it give a month or two I assure you, you will pile it on! And then some

"Went for carb restriction myself (proto-Keto) and have seen excellent results so far.

What's that?

A load of shite tbh"

lol get the carbs down you best food out there

What's that?

A load of shite tbh lol get the carbs down you best food out there "

Think you nailed it earlier.

More exercise, burn more cals than you eat, calorie deficit.

F*** sw/keto crap fad diets

"There will always be yo-yo dieters no matter what method people choose, be it slimming clubs, eat right move more, bariatric surgery etc because some people simply don't change their relationship with food (I know because I'm one of them) but to put down people's attempts at losing weight simply because you don't like their chosen path is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

The only thing I don't agree with is their stance on exercise not helping weight loss but just toning you up. I always challenge that when mentioned.

"

Who are you to tell me what my opinion should be. J assure you there are healthier ways to weight loss than SW. They are full of rubbish the things they tell people. Try a work out sw is laziness. Only way to loos weight is to stay in a caloric deficit trust me

Which means burn more than you eat cant do that with sw advice can you. Everyone I know had ended up twice the size after sw. I will personal train you for free if you like?

It’s a bit like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that their habit is bad for them and they should just stop - doesn’t work like that, they know it’s bad for them but they need help to overcome it. "

Exactly this thank you

It may not be as in-depth support as addictions but it is still support at the end of the day you obviously use it that you're defending it so much? Waste of time and money. Want support

Learn nutrition a d talk to friends "

Not every one has a group of supportive friends I certainly don't I also know an awfull lot about nutrition eating healthy and exercise so do not need to learn I am over weight I have been my whole life I've been bigger than I am now I've been smaller

I know what works for me and what doesn't going to a slimming club works

just because I understand that eating a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's isn't healthy for me doesn't mean I won't do it people work in different ways I don't understand how people smoke it's disgusting habit but they still do

It may not be as in-depth support as addictions but it is still support at the end of the day you obviously use it that you're defending it so much? Waste of time and money. Want support

Not every one has a group of supportive friends I certainly don't I also know an awfull lot about nutrition eating healthy and exercise so do not need to learn I am over weight I have been my whole life I've been bigger than I am now I've been smaller

just because I understand that eating a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's isn't healthy for me doesn't mean I won't do it people work in different ways I don't understand how people smoke it's disgusting habit but they still do

"

whish I could give you a wwebsite I know on here but it's not allowed. They are fantastic work on the basis of exercises and nutrition online support 24/7 the results people get are far better than sw allow you way more calories and foods that are condemned by sw too. 5 a month not a week

Who are you to tell me what my opinion should be. J assure you there are healthier ways to weight loss than SW. They are full of rubbish the things they tell people. Try a work out sw is laziness. Only way to loos weight is to stay in a caloric deficit trust me

Which means burn more than you eat cant do that with sw advice can you. Everyone I know had ended up twice the size after sw. I will personal train you for free if you like? "

So it's ok for you to tell people how to think but you don't like other people having a different opinion.

whish I could give you a wwebsite I know on here but it's not allowed. They are fantastic work on the basis of exercises and nutrition online support 24/7 the results people get are far better than sw allow you way more calories and foods that are condemned by sw too. 5 a month not a week "

You can put an example of what they can search for. E.g. Google "Slimming World" to find their website.

whish I could give you a wwebsite I know on here but it's not allowed. They are fantastic work on the basis of exercises and nutrition online support 24/7 the results people get are far better than sw allow you way more calories and foods that are condemned by sw too. 5 a month not a week

You can put an example of what they can search for. E.g. Google "Slimming World" to find their website. "

oh I didn't know that

Which means burn more than you eat cant do that with sw advice can you. Everyone I know had ended up twice the size after sw. I will personal train you for free if you like?

So it's ok for you to tell people how to think but you don't like other people having a different opinion. "

I'm not telling you how to think, I'm telling you what I think big difference. If you want to continue to waste time and money your prerogative

evesham

Which means burn more than you eat cant do that with sw advice can you. Everyone I know had ended up twice the size after sw. I will personal train you for free if you like? "

Where did I tell you what your opinion should be? I'm simply saying your opinion and the way you put it across us ridiculous.

Ok the consultants might not be experts as bikemonkey thinks they should be but they are disseminating information put together by experts in nutrition.

You may not have a problem with over eating ....lucky you. But lots of us do.

Where did I tell you what your opinion should be? I'm simply saying your opinion and the way you put it across us ridiculous.

Ok the consultants might not be experts as bikemonkey thinks they should be but they are disseminating information put together by experts in nutrition.

You may not have a problem with over eating ....lucky you. But lots of us do."

so they tell you, I'm.not sure how chewing a banana is more syns how else are you to eat it for goodness sake. If that was the case chewing all foods surely has more syns! Oh please how do you know I don't over indulge, I just work hard by exercising to keep it on an even keel.

Bedworth

I love how the people on this thread saying how diet clubs don’t work and that they are shit are not overweight.

If you’ve never used one, how do you know that it doesn’t work? And don’t spout about people stopping and gaining weight. Yes if someone reduces calories and increases exercise they lose weight but when they stop that too they will also gain weight.......how does this mean the diet club doesn’t work?

"I love how the people on this thread saying how diet clubs don’t work and that they are shit are not overweight.

If you’ve never used one, how do you know that it doesn’t work? And don’t spout about people stopping and gaining weight. Yes if someone reduces calories and increases exercise they lose weight but when they stop that too they will also gain weight.......how does this mean the diet club doesn’t work?"

excuse me k may not be overweight noe I was at one point so I have a right to my opinion.

Both of us joined slimming world I have lost 2 stone and Jane 1 stone great food and healthy

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

"Both of us joined slimming world I have lost 2 stone and Jane 1 stone great food and healthy "
great,well done

Lanarkshire

Learn nutrition a d talk to friends "

Actually I don’t use it and never have, when I want to lose weight I cut down on my calorie intake and exercise more and the positive comments from my friends and family encourages me to keep going.

What I don’t like is someone patronising people and demeaning a service because they don’t like it when it is a useful proven support and social network for many people who need it not only to lose weight but to feel better about themselves.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but some people have a rather arrogant way of expressing them and belittling the other people commenting on the post.

Lanarkshire

"Both of us joined slimming world I have lost 2 stone and Jane 1 stone great food and healthy "

Fantastic sometimes help to be doing it with someone for extra encouragement when not at the class - well done

Lanarkshire

So it's ok for you to tell people how to think but you don't like other people having a different opinion. "

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 14:39:50]

"[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 14:39:50]"

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den....

When you're 31 you can give up biscuits and lose weight, it seems when you get over 50 you give up all bad food and alcohol and still put on weight. If SW works for those who try, good luck to them

Nonsense learn as I said above about nutrition "

Easily said when you're 31,

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Easily said when you're 31, "

I genuinely find that eating less and exercising more results in me losing weight, or at least my waistband loosening. I'm a very long way off 31.

Easily said when you're 31, "

dont use age as an excuse I know older gents who are in great shape now fr working out and eating correctly

Easily said when you're 31,

I genuinely find that eating less and exercising more results in me losing weight, or at least my waistband loosening. I'm a very long way off 31."

"[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 14:39:50]

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den.... "

I'm.nosey tell me what you wrote hahaha

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den.... "

I'm.nosey tell me what you wrote hahaha

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den.... I'm.nosey tell me what you wrote hahaha "

Just my business idea for a chain of leisure centres called swimming world, patent pending....

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den.... I'm.nosey tell me what you wrote hahaha

Just my business idea for a chain of leisure centres called swimming world, patent pending.... "

I'm in can we be partners?

Bedworth

"I love how the people on this thread saying how diet clubs don’t work and that they are shit are not overweight.

If you’ve never used one, how do you know that it doesn’t work? And don’t spout about people stopping and gaining weight. Yes if someone reduces calories and increases exercise they lose weight but when they stop that too they will also gain weight.......how does this mean the diet club doesn’t work?excuse me k may not be overweight noe I was at one point so I have a right to my opinion."

We’re all entitled to our opinions. However, some of us have the ability to express them in a way that does not cause offence to others.

On the subject of slimming clubs I have a simple question. If they are so bad and don’t work, why does our NHS provide referrals to them from GP’s, free of charge, to assist very overweight people to start their weightloss journey?

Ah, fuck it.... I'm not retyping, I'll take it to dragons den.... I'm.nosey tell me what you wrote hahaha

Just my business idea for a chain of leisure centres called swimming world, patent pending.... I'm in can we be partners? "

Sure, it'll be £10,000,000 for a 1% stake with a buy out option if we hit swimming world projected targets...

evesham

You may not have a problem with over eating ....lucky you. But lots of us do. so they tell you, I'm.not sure how chewing a banana is more syns how else are you to eat it for goodness sake. If that was the case chewing all foods surely has more syns! Oh please how do you know I don't over indulge, I just work hard by exercising to keep it on an even keel. "

No one has ever said chewing a banana makes it higher syns...no clue where you got that from perhaps you should educate yourself before preaching to others.

what they do say is mashing if cooking fruit prior to eating will increase the syn value bug then that's just science because you make the fructose more available to your body by breaking down the fibre before eating it.

Congrats on the exercise though. I'll be thinking of you on my next bike ride or my next run I'm sure it will get me round my 100 mile bike ride in August too. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean they don't exercise.

If you’ve never used one, how do you know that it doesn’t work? And don’t spout about people stopping and gaining weight. Yes if someone reduces calories and increases exercise they lose weight but when they stop that too they will also gain weight.......how does this mean the diet club doesn’t work?excuse me k may not be overweight noe I was at one point so I have a right to my opinion.

We’re all entitled to our opinions. However, some of us have the ability to express them in a way that does not cause offence to others.

On the subject of slimming clubs I have a simple question. If they are so bad and don’t work, why does our NHS provide referrals to them from GP’s, free of charge, to assist very overweight people to start their weightloss journey?"

I'm not being offensive simply because you dont agree with me in no way makes my opinion offensive. Gps usually refer you to a ditrition not sw. The only healthy way to maintain a good weight and health is to eat good and exercise.

Just my business idea for a chain of leisure centres called swimming world, patent pending.... I'm in can we be partners?

Sure, it'll be £10,000,000 for a 1% stake with a buy out option if we hit swimming world projected targets... "

is that it oh that's the deal of the century I'm definitely in. I will even put the money upfront for it

You may not have a problem with over eating ....lucky you. But lots of us do. so they tell you, I'm.not sure how chewing a banana is more syns how else are you to eat it for goodness sake. If that was the case chewing all foods surely has more syns! Oh please how do you know I don't over indulge, I just work hard by exercising to keep it on an even keel.

No one has ever said chewing a banana makes it higher syns...no clue where you got that from perhaps you should educate yourself before preaching to others.

what they do say is mashing if cooking fruit prior to eating will increase the syn value bug then that's just science because you make the fructose more available to your body by breaking down the fibre before eating it.

Congrats on the exercise though. I'll be thinking of you on my next bike ride or my next run I'm sure it will get me round my 100 mile bike ride in August too. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean they don't exercise. "

I heard it straight from a sw class I sat in! full of nonsense never went back rambling such crap

I lost 4 stone, dropped 6 dress sizes and kept it off for 4 and a half years. Had a break but still maintained it doing slimming world from home. Rejoined again last week and lost 11lbs in my first week back it works. Slimming world is eating better, it's not a diet, it's just making better choices, healthier alternatives and does encourage exercise. I hate to think where I would be now without slimming world!

Just my business idea for a chain of leisure centres called swimming world, patent pending.... I'm in can we be partners?

Sure, it'll be £10,000,000 for a 1% stake with a buy out option if we hit swimming world projected targets... is that it oh that's the deal of the century I'm definitely in. I will even put the money upfront for it "

Cheque is fine

All I'm saying is stay in your caloric deficit, burn more than you eat it's that simple. Dont order take out 7 days a week keep portion sizes realistic. I personally think with the right motivation you dont need such classes

Sure, it'll be £10,000,000 for a 1% stake with a buy out option if we hit swimming world projected targets... is that it oh that's the deal of the century I'm definitely in. I will even put the money upfront for it

Cheque is fine "

where do I send it young man?

I lost 4 stone, dropped 6 dress sizes and kept it off for 4 and a half years. Had a break but still maintained it doing slimming world from home. Rejoined again last week and lost 11lbs in my first week back it works. Slimming world is eating better, it's not a diet, it's just making better choices, healthier alternatives and does encourage exercise. I hate to think where I would be now without slimming world! "

I'm glad it's worked put for you well done

evesham

You may not have a problem with over eating ....lucky you. But lots of us do. so they tell you, I'm.not sure how chewing a banana is more syns how else are you to eat it for goodness sake. If that was the case chewing all foods surely has more syns! Oh please how do you know I don't over indulge, I just work hard by exercising to keep it on an even keel.

Congrats on the exercise though. I'll be thinking of you on my next bike ride or my next run I'm sure it will get me round my 100 mile bike ride in August too. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean they don't exercise. I heard it straight from a sw class I sat in! full of nonsense never went back rambling such crap "

Then that consultant was crap. If you base your whole opinion on one solitary encounter it's not a great opinion....in my opinion of course.

I lost 4 stone, dropped 6 dress sizes and kept it off for 4 and a half years. Had a break but still maintained it doing slimming world from home. Rejoined again last week and lost 11lbs in my first week back it works. Slimming world is eating better, it's not a diet, it's just making better choices, healthier alternatives and does encourage exercise. I hate to think where I would be now without slimming world! "

Well done that's brilliant

Sure, it'll be £10,000,000 for a 1% stake with a buy out option if we hit swimming world projected targets... is that it oh that's the deal of the century I'm definitely in. I will even put the money upfront for it

Cheque is fine where do I send it young man? "

I LOVE you, you called me young!

Stick it where you fancy....

Cheque is fine where do I send it young man?

I LOVE you, you called me young!

Stick it where you fancy.... "

now that sounds rude haha

the fact you maintained weight without the classes says it all really though

Freeze a curly wurly, takes longer to eat, freddos are low sin chocolate fix, or chocolate mini milk lollies. All these things have saved my ass! Don't deprive just look for a lower sin substitute. Also eating fruit keeps the cravings at bay, I know it sounds ludicrous! But if you stop yourself getting hungry you won't find the cravings as hard

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

It's not in their best interests for you to succeed. If you did, they wouldn't earn time and again off you. Same with the aa and other such mind bending organisations.

Just checking to see if you burn more calories than you consume you’ll lose weight.

Yes, I can confirm this is still the case, it really isn’t complicated is it. Next.

I lost 4 stone, dropped 6 dress sizes and kept it off for 4 and a half years. Had a break but still maintained it doing slimming world from home. Rejoined again last week and lost 11lbs in my first week back it works. Slimming world is eating better, it's not a diet, it's just making better choices, healthier alternatives and does encourage exercise. I hate to think where I would be now without slimming world! the fact you maintained weight without the classes says it all really though "

I still followed the sw plan and did a good diary if I went off track, so it doesn't say it all. I know if I didn't do slimming world plan that the weight would go back on.

Bedworth

If you’ve never used one, how do you know that it doesn’t work? And don’t spout about people stopping and gaining weight. Yes if someone reduces calories and increases exercise they lose weight but when they stop that too they will also gain weight.......how does this mean the diet club doesn’t work?excuse me k may not be overweight noe I was at one point so I have a right to my opinion.

On the subject of slimming clubs I have a simple question. If they are so bad and don’t work, why does our NHS provide referrals to them from GP’s, free of charge, to assist very overweight people to start their weightloss journey?I'm not being offensive simply because you dont agree with me in no way makes my opinion offensive. Gps usually refer you to a ditrition not sw. The only healthy way to maintain a good weight and health is to eat good and exercise. "

Do you mean dietitian?

If so that’s incorrect. NHS dietician services, like many NHS services, are extremely stretched. Gp’s will very rarely refer to an overweight adult to a dietician for this reason. They refer you to slimming world for a period of 12 weeks. The thinking behind it is that it will help teach you healthy habits around diet and exercise as psychologists have proven that it takes 12 weeks of doing something for it become a habit. Slimming world is also routinely recommended to pregnant women by midwives as a method of losing excess pounds or controlling weight gain in pregnancy. Slimming world is the only weightloss club recommend by midwives during pregnancy, the other plans out there will actually suspend your membership if you become pregnant.

"It's not in their best interests for you to succeed. If you did, they wouldn't earn time and again off you. Same with the aa and other such mind bending organisations."

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works.

By *earded GentlemanMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

For anyone that isn't good at tracking what they intake or dieting in general it's a brilliant way for people to loose weight, but I would recommend adding exercise personally and measure inches instead of scales and you will be much more motivated and see more results plus it releases endorphins which will help make you happy and feel good

"For anyone that isn't good at tracking what they intake or dieting in general it's a brilliant way for people to loose weight, but I would recommend adding exercise personally and measure inches instead of scales and you will be much more motivated and see more results plus it releases endorphins which will help make you happy and feel good "
spot on there lad

"It's not in their best interests for you to succeed. If you did, they wouldn't earn time and again off you. Same with the aa and other such mind bending organisations.

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works. "

fair enough having a healthy dinner and an hour walk does the same job. I went from no motivation to killing 35k steps a day 3 days a week 2 days at a plan worked out just for my body needs

evesham

"It's not in their best interests for you to succeed. If you did, they wouldn't earn time and again off you. Same with the aa and other such mind bending organisations.

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works. fair enough having a healthy dinner and an hour walk does the same job. I went from no motivation to killing 35k steps a day 3 days a week 2 days at a plan worked out just for my body needs "

And that's great and works FOR YOU. Some people need the weekly weigh ins and talking about their cravings and how not to give in to them. Just because your will power and determination are strong doesn't mean everyone else's is.

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works. fair enough having a healthy dinner and an hour walk does the same job. I went from no motivation to killing 35k steps a day 3 days a week 2 days at a plan worked out just for my body needs

And that's great and works FOR YOU. Some people need the weekly weigh ins and talking about their cravings and how not to give in to them. Just because your will power and determination are strong doesn't mean everyone else's is."

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works. fair enough having a healthy dinner and an hour walk does the same job. I went from no motivation to killing 35k steps a day 3 days a week 2 days at a plan worked out just for my body needs "

How far is 35k steps? That must take hours.

Bedworth

But it it's not that we succeed, it's a life time road of ups and downs, losses and gains. I don't care if slimming world make a million quid off me from joining, leaving and rejoining. Slimming world don't make me leave or fail, it's human nature to be fickle. As long as I stick to plan then I know the plan works. fair enough having a healthy dinner and an hour walk does the same job. I went from no motivation to killing 35k steps a day 3 days a week 2 days at a plan worked out just for my body needs

How far is 35k steps? That must take hours. "

My hubby is a postie and is quite nerdy about his daily step count. In a regular day with no overtime he will walk around 18000 steps. He only hits 35000 if he’s working overtime and doing a double duty which can be over 8 hours of solid walking!

How far is 35k steps? That must take hours.

My hubby is a postie and is quite nerdy about his daily step count. In a regular day with no overtime he will walk around 18000 steps. He only hits 35000 if he’s working overtime and doing a double duty which can be over 8 hours of solid walking!"

Oh crikey!! Thanks. No way I'm doing that.

Lanarkshire

"For anyone that isn't good at tracking what they intake or dieting in general it's a brilliant way for people to loose weight, but I would recommend adding exercise personally and measure inches instead of scales and you will be much more motivated and see more results plus it releases endorphins which will help make you happy and feel good "

I don't really weigh myself when watching what I'm eating I go by dress size and when I feel comfortable in my clothes I know I'm doing well and going down a size is a bonus.

I'm studying just now so snack alot and don't have as much time for swimming also have noticed there is not as much give in my clothes but doesn't worry me as come September this will be under control again.

Slimming World does just that, it teaches people how to eat better, groups share recipe ideas of meals that look naughty but are actually healthy. And attending group days helps people stay motivated. Its not for everyone, but works for many.

I joined SlimmingWorld a few months ago because I needed a kick up the arse eating wise. I’d fallen into bad habits and the weight was slowing creeping out of control.

I know it’s not a quick fix, I know if I go off the plan the pounds go back on. For the time being though it’s helping me along with exercise to lose weight.

Long term, regular exercise is the key

"Just checking to see if you burn more calories than you consume you’ll lose weight.

Yes, I can confirm this is still the case, it really isn’t complicated is it. Next."

It might not be complicated in your mindset but for many it is otherwise obesity wouldn’t be the ‘new smoking’ according to the NHS, would it..?

Sorry but if you are going to compare being overweight with addiction then you are defeating your own point. You get expert help with those issues. SW are not experts "

How can you not say they are experts? Their employees are trained in nutriton same as a drug council is trained in drugs ?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

that's what sw helps you do. And actually it's not that easy otherwise no one would struggle.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

On the subject of slimming clubs I have a simple question. If they are so bad and don’t work, why does our NHS provide referrals to them from GP’s, free of charge, to assist very overweight people to start their weightloss journey?I'm not being offensive simply because you dont agree with me in no way makes my opinion offensive. Gps usually refer you to a ditrition not sw. The only healthy way to maintain a good weight and health is to eat good and exercise.

Do you mean dietitian?

If so that’s incorrect. NHS dietician services, like many NHS services, are extremely stretched. Gp’s will very rarely refer to an overweight adult to a dietician for this reason. They refer you to slimming world for a period of 12 weeks. The thinking behind it is that it will help teach you healthy habits around diet and exercise as psychologists have proven that it takes 12 weeks of doing something for it become a habit. Slimming world is also routinely recommended to pregnant women by midwives as a method of losing excess pounds or controlling weight gain in pregnancy. Slimming world is the only weightloss club recommend by midwives during pregnancy, the other plans out there will actually suspend your membership if you become pregnant."

This.

"Ive lost 13 stone by changing my lifestyle and the way i think towards food.

Fatty and sugary foods i see as poison and healthy foods i celebrate for the nutrition and goodness it gives my body.

Also by not eating refined sugar at all, everything tastes so much better, i can taste the natural sweetness and actually some things like raisins get too sweet after a few. It takes a few weeks for your taste to change, but soo worth it"

Losing 13 stone is amazing so well done. I am just looking into the no/ low sugar way of eating as I am Pre diabetic so needs to lower carbs and drop some weight. So I can keep diabetes away.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It's not in their best interests for you to succeed. If you did, they wouldn't earn time and again off you. Same with the aa and other such mind bending organisations."
that's not true. Sw encourages you to reach target. And unlike other clubs it's not set on bmi . So at any point you can set a target and then you attend free of charge. My daughter's currently at an interim target and has been since Christmas.

Op which forumites would you take with you to slimming world ?

On the subject of slimming clubs I have a simple question. If they are so bad and don’t work, why does our NHS provide referrals to them from GP’s, free of charge, to assist very overweight people to start their weightloss journey?I'm not being offensive simply because you dont agree with me in no way makes my opinion offensive. Gps usually refer you to a ditrition not sw. The only healthy way to maintain a good weight and health is to eat good and exercise.

Do you mean dietitian?

If so that’s incorrect. NHS dietician services, like many NHS services, are extremely stretched. Gp’s will very rarely refer to an overweight adult to a dietician for this reason. They refer you to slimming world for a period of 12 weeks. The thinking behind it is that it will help teach you healthy habits around diet and exercise as psychologists have proven that it takes 12 weeks of doing something for it become a habit. Slimming world is also routinely recommended to pregnant women by midwives as a method of losing excess pounds or controlling weight gain in pregnancy. Slimming world is the only weightloss club recommend by midwives during pregnancy, the other plans out there will actually suspend your membership if you become pregnant.

This. "

ooooh grammar nazi haha that's all I took from that

Blew today's syn count..i must have, work stressed me out and i went for a jumbo sausage roll lol but my job is very active and i worked non stop for the shift..fingers crossed i can weigh in a bit lighter next week. Gym memebership is done. Doing boxercise and spin and weight Workouts can burn calories up to 4 hours after..learn something new everyday.

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

"The best thing about Slimming World is throwing a bag of Maltesers into the middle of the meetings for a life sized game of hungry hungry hippos"

No let's throw cake in see what happens. They all run for the door

» Add a new message to this topic