FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your thoughts on the 1p tax on self service?

Your thoughts on the 1p tax on self service?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To me it's only 1p it's not that big of a deal that people make it out to be and it's an attempt to raise £30m ... Most the the stuff we buy is usually 99p 1.99 etc so that wasteful penny that we get can easily go to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7053191/amp/Shoppers-face-paying-extra-penny-using-self-scan-tills.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Surely if we are scanning our goods, we are doing part of the job of the shops ? I’d want a reduction in price, not a tax

By *edmark07Man  over a year ago

liverpool

If they want to raise money they should close the tax loopholes the rich and big companies abuse not stealth tax the massmarket again. They rely on us just accepting it because it's only a penny

I pay enough for fuck all in this overtaxed bullshit country pennys make pounds

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

It's nuts! If they really wanted to get people interacting more they should ban them not tax them. So this whole tax thing is a typical of pro-austerity politicians.

I see that the panel is being chaired by Chucka Umuna

He seems determined to make himself incredibly unpopular with voters

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

"Surely if we are scanning our goods, we are doing part of the job of the shops ? I’d want a reduction in price, not a tax "

Hear hear!

Just like local street parking charges, this looks like the thin end of a big wedge. Governments of all colours need to learn how to budget properly rather than just put another tap into the public coffers.

» Add a new message to this topic