FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Televised Talent Shows

Televised Talent Shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are your thoughts on shows like X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and The Voice?

Shows that give everyone a real chance of being on the spotlight or shows that mock and smash the dreams of the general public while giving well known professionals the fame and glory?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shit takes advantage of folks making them look a cunt

"What are your thoughts on shows like X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and The Voice?

Shows that give everyone a real chance of being on the spotlight or shows that mock and smash the dreams of the general public while giving well known professionals the fame and glory?"

Utterly pointless, fodder for the masses incapable of taking an interest in anything other than what us put in front if them.

I had a great idea for a show involving Chris Tarrant mysteriously disappearing at the hands of Fern Britton. I'm calling it "Britton's got Tarrant"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

After Susan Boyle I think these shows stopped the humiliation aspect to a large degree. There is the occasional act that is obviously there for people to laugh at but they seem to concentrate more on the contestants having a sad story behind them nowadays. I also believe that if you're the family of friend of a person you believe will be mocked for entering a talent show and that this will harm the person, you should try and warn them.

I watch BGT and The Voice and quite enjoy both

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I had a great idea for a show involving Chris Tarrant mysteriously disappearing at the hands of Fern Britton. I'm calling it "Britton's got Tarrant" "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What are your thoughts on shows like X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and The Voice?

Shows that give everyone a real chance of being on the spotlight or shows that mock and smash the dreams of the general public while giving well known professionals the fame and glory?

Utterly pointless, fodder for the masses incapable of taking an interest in anything other than what us put in front if them."

That's me told

"After Susan Boyle I think these shows stopped the humiliation aspect to a large degree. There is the occasional act that is obviously there for people to laugh at but they seem to concentrate more on the contestants having a sad story behind them nowadays. I also believe that if you're the family of friend of a person you believe will be mocked for entering a talent show and that this will harm the person, you should try and warn them.

I watch BGT and The Voice and quite enjoy both"

I know that some contestants do have a sad story that is true but I heard the producers behind the scenes tend overexagerrate the stories.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"After Susan Boyle I think these shows stopped the humiliation aspect to a large degree. There is the occasional act that is obviously there for people to laugh at but they seem to concentrate more on the contestants having a sad story behind them nowadays. I also believe that if you're the family of friend of a person you believe will be mocked for entering a talent show and that this will harm the person, you should try and warn them.

I know that some contestants do have a sad story that is true but I heard the producers behind the scenes tend overexagerrate the stories."

Of course they do.

Watching any reality show, documentary or news broadcast requires the viewer to think critically or just take it at face value. I prefer to consider what I'm seeing and hearing and come to my own decision.

I watch BGT and The Voice and quite enjoy both"

Xfactor is brilliant.

For people who need a weekly dose of Houston-esque ballads.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I love BGT and always will ..

The X Factor however .. oh dear !!

I know that some contestants do have a sad story that is true but I heard the producers behind the scenes tend overexagerrate the stories.

Of course they do.

Watching any reality show, documentary or news broadcast requires the viewer to think critically or just take it at face value. I prefer to consider what I'm seeing and hearing and come to my own decision."

I hardly watch anything on TV anymore as I think the programmes that are on these days have practically ruined TV.

Den of Iniquity

[Removed by poster at 22/05/19 11:11:58]

Den of Iniquity

Utterly pointless, fodder for the masses incapable of taking an interest in anything other than what us put in front if them."

I watch BGT . So am I part of the incapable masses ??

Utterly pointless, fodder for the masses incapable of taking an interest in anything other than what us put in front if them. I watch BGT . So am I part of the incapable masses ??"

Yes

Den of Iniquity

Utterly pointless, fodder for the masses incapable of taking an interest in anything other than what us put in front if them. I watch BGT . So am I part of the incapable masses ??

Yes"

Used to love them all but since the whole ‘I’ve been on a journey to get here’ bollocks and all the sob stories (which are sad don’t think I have a heart of stone), it all got a bit samey for me.

"Used to love them all but since the whole ‘I’ve been on a journey to get here’ bollocks and all the sob stories (which are sad don’t think I have a heart of stone), it all got a bit samey for me."

It's practically the same formula every year.

I'd say scrap the fake talent shows and replace them with some proper decent television programmes.

» Add a new message to this topic