FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Years and years

Years and years

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xperimentalist OP   Man  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Has anyone been watching this?

There were 2 things in it last night that had appeared as news stories on the BBC website in recent days ; synthetic alcohol that gets you d*unk but no hangover and spinal surgery on babies in the womb.

So the question is are they writing and filming this just prior to it going out or are they seeding their website with fake news as part of the programme?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it a documentary?

I would be wondering on the long term health effects of drinking "synthetic" alcohol.

Also even if it doesn't give a person a hangover.. somepeople will still get into fights, make pricks of themselves and drink drive whilst d*unk on it.

By *xperimentalist OP   Man  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

No a drama set 5 years in the future.

As a chemist I had questioned the synthetic alcohol story, as ethanol is ethanol and will give you a hangover no matter how it is made and would always break down in the body in the same way and so it would need to be a new molecule that has the same effect on receptors in the brain but metabolised in a different way.

Naa sounds shit

"... So the question is are they writing and filming this just prior to it going out or are they seeding their website with fake news as part of the programme? "

It is more that these are not new news stories - the synthetic alchohol story is at least a few years old - but they are rehashing them on the website to support the program.

Nah - not for me

I watched it for Russell Tovey, but even his ears couldn't keep me interested

I turned over

» Add a new message to this topic