FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Return of the 90s

Return of the 90s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rontier Psychiatrist OP   Man  over a year ago

Coventry

Is it me or is the 1990s starting to creep backing in?

The return of steering wheel locks, bumbags, endless rows of homeless people on the streets and about 1 in 3 females under 25 I see rocking a denim jacket and high waisted jeans. Im just waiting now for the mainstream return of Kappa popper Joggers now. It's like I'm stuck in a game of 90s Pokemon.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I don't like the first few examples but am living a bit if 90's retro. Waiting for my nephew to get a tamigotchi although it will probably be a crappy app

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is 90s retro? It feels like yesterday to me!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Is 90s retro? It feels like yesterday to me! "

Almost 20 years ago now

"Is 90s retro? It feels like yesterday to me!

Almost 20 years ago now "

Yes and where have all those years gone? I remember the 90s well, the last time I was having regular sex!

I'm still hiding behind the sofa because of the Y2K warnings.. is it safe to come out

I’m going Ibiza then

By *attooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I’m going Ibiza then "

Ooh can I come?

"I’m going Ibiza then

Ooh can I come?"

Deffo

Yes! And I love it!

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Yes yes yes!

Been noticing this recently. Kids seem to have hair quite often now that I could swear looks 90sish

Good. My hair will now come back into fashion.

Coventry

"Yes yes yes!

Been noticing this recently. Kids seem to have hair quite often now that I could swear looks 90sish

Good. My hair will now come back into fashion."

What nice is we can say smugly, we did it first

Yes all the shit boy bands are back

Coventry

"Yes all the shit boy bands are back "

Oh fuck! I'd better start getting the fall out shelter stocked with beer and pork scratchings and wait it out until it all blows over.

By *hrekfionaCouple  over a year ago

Leven

"Yes all the shit boy bands are back "

shitty boyband were the best bit of the 90s

With the pull out lyrics from my weekly smash hits magazine lol.

Seen pretty much all the British ones anyway lol x

Don’t think I ever really left the 90’s...

By *edmark07Man  over a year ago

liverpool

"Don’t think I ever really left the 90’s... "

This, well my iPod a way but not boy bands. Oasis, Radiohead, stone roses, charlatans,Paul Weller, I could go on

Really hoping the trouser and skirt combo makes a return with the platform shoe...

*Ghengis driving home to 90s hip hop*

Knew id be cool one day

Bring back 90s house and a sprinkle of old skool hip hop and I'm a happy bunny

Its all back was shopping with my daughter the other day and it seems spice girl style trainers are creeping back in along with a, little of the 90s grunge look

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The 90s kind of passed me by. I had my son in 1990 and was busy looking after him, going to college and then being very ill i didnt take much notice of the outside world

Oh my, I feel very old now!!

I grew up in the 90's and now it's considered reto!!!

Coventry

"*Ghengis driving home to 90s hip hop*

Knew id be cool one day "

I like some of the eariler hip hop. At least Chuck D had something serious to say about society instead of glorifying treating women like rubbish, violence and making greed priority number one.

"Its all back was shopping with my daughter the other day and it seems spice girl style trainers are creeping back in along with a, little of the 90s grunge look "

I loved my buffalo trainers!

Knew id be cool one day

I like some of the eariler hip hop. At least Chuck D had something serious to say about society instead of glorifying treating women like rubbish, violence and making greed priority number one. "

If violence is what you grew up with, violence will come out in your rap. I don't mind that if it's authentic and not "Jenny from the Block" mimmickry. I'm not violent and the music doesn't inspire me to become violent. If anything I find it a cathartic form of release of pent up frustration. Rapping along to a violent song when you feel angry.. Sometimes releases it. Same for rock music. Or angry politicized music. NWA aren't any different than Public Enemy when it comes down to it. Better educated maybe.. But for all their "Guns n hoes" Talk.. They were HIGHLY POLITICAL.

Straight outta Compton albums paints a vivid, accurate (albeit onesided) picture of life in the Hood in L.A. During the 90s.

Fuck tha Police has become an anthem for the oppressed the world over. Bit unfair to the majority of beat bobbies and detectives that do a good job and risk their lives. But if you serve in it.. You have to accept you're enforcing some archaic, corrupt and elite flavored Law. As the face in street representing that form of often brutal authority. If police officers don't like the laws they enforce.. They can always leave. That's why I left the military.

Fuck tha military And Ghengis said with authority..

Personally I prefer Rage Against the Machines version of angry 90s rap myself.

Guerilla Radio

I'm sure I've got copies of razzle somewhere

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Knew id be cool one day

I like some of the eariler hip hop. At least Chuck D had something serious to say about society instead of glorifying treating women like rubbish, violence and making greed priority number one.

If violence is what you grew up with, violence will come out in your rap. I don't mind that if it's authentic and not "Jenny from the Block" mimmickry. I'm not violent and the music doesn't inspire me to become violent. If anything I find it a cathartic form of release of pent up frustration. Rapping along to a violent song when you feel angry.. Sometimes releases it. Same for rock music. Or angry politicized music. NWA aren't any different than Public Enemy when it comes down to it. Better educated maybe.. But for all their "Guns n hoes" Talk.. They were HIGHLY POLITICAL.

Straight outta Compton albums paints a vivid, accurate (albeit onesided) picture of life in the Hood in L.A. During the 90s.

Fuck tha Police has become an anthem for the oppressed the world over. Bit unfair to the majority of beat bobbies and detectives that do a good job and risk their lives. But if you serve in it.. You have to accept you're enforcing some archaic, corrupt and elite flavored Law. As the face in street representing that form of often brutal authority. If police officers don't like the laws they enforce.. They can always leave. That's why I left the military.

Guerilla Radio "

Aye to the above (minus the armed forces as I never served)

Angry music calms me down.

Knew id be cool one day

Guerilla Radio "

I agree

I'm typically one of the most peaceful people I know (unless you fuck me off that is then I go all warrior) and one of my fave 90s hip hop tunes is

Mo'murda - bone thugs n harmony and I still think it's a fooking tuneeeee!!!!

Brilliant!

I can get my bmx back out the shed and wear my global hyper colour t-shirt again

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Brilliant!

I can get my bmx back out the shed and wear my global hyper colour t-shirt again "

Love 90s clothes.I'm rocking a pair of hi top Adidas in black and orange....get me

Coventry

Knew id be cool one day

Guerilla Radio "

I get the does art imitate life or does life imitate art. Personally I believe the two go hand in hand. That's why in away it's more a shame that many of the social messages were replaced by messages of greed and misogyny. I guess the the lure of gold and women being play things was more attractive than making social change? But then music is about making money and the record companies like making money. Same in other music geners to be fair. Still it's a shame because positive art can have positive effects on communities.

I started to become into music in the late 90s, never really into it when I was younger. I liked Rage against the machine and the like of Pennywise. It was fast, angry and most of all it made me ask questions. I've always liked bands/songs that make you question things. Finally music that appealed to me.

I think thats the time to get out if your no longer happy to be a part of the system your in. For me although I questioned the bigger picture I was still enjoying it and proud of all the achievements (success can be a bit of a buzz). To be fair you can lose focus on the wider impact and moral arguments of military action when you are so focused on success at a local level and the buzz of achievement. And the lifestyle was my life, outside seemed stange and on a slightly different planet. Alas I left for the sake of my young family and I had outgrown some of the bull shit aspects of military life (if that makes sense).

"Brilliant!

I can get my bmx back out the shed and wear my global hyper colour t-shirt again

Love 90s clothes.I'm rocking a pair of hi top Adidas in black and orange....get me "

They’d look ace with a naff naff jacket

That actually reminds me of the time my girlfriends mum come back from the local market with a huge grin on her face and explained what a bargain she’d found!

A kickers jumper, only cost her £5, she then got it out the bag a proudly pulled it over her head in front of us.

Emblazoned across the front in the kickers brand style and font was the word knickers

Coventry

"Brilliant!

Love 90s clothes.I'm rocking a pair of hi top Adidas in black and orange....get me

They’d look ace with a naff naff jacket

That actually reminds me of the time my girlfriends mum come back from the local market with a huge grin on her face and explained what a bargain she’d found!

A kickers jumper, only cost her £5, she then got it out the bag a proudly pulled it over her head in front of us.

Emblazoned across the front in the kickers brand style and font was the word knickers "

There was so much knock off back then. I really don't miss the pressure for wearing brands. It made things hard for a poor kid who had no interest or sense in fashion.

Knew id be cool one day

Guerilla Radio

I get the does art imitate life or does life imitate art. Personally I believe the two go hand in hand. That's why in away it's more a shame that many of the social messages were replaced by messages of greed and misogyny. I guess the the lure of gold and women being play things was more attractive than making social change? But then music is about making money and the record companies like making money. Same in other music geners to be fair. Still it's a shame because positive art can have positive effects on communities.

I started to become into music in the late 90s, never really into it when I was younger. I liked Rage against the machine and the like of Pennywise. It was fast, angry and most of all it made me ask questions. I've always liked bands/songs that make you question things. Finally music that appealed to me.

I think thats the time to get out if your no longer happy to be a part of the system your in. For me although I questioned the bigger picture I was still enjoying it and proud of all the achievements (success can be a bit of a buzz). To be fair you can lose focus on the wider impact and moral arguments of military action when you are so focused on success at a local level and the buzz of achievement. And the lifestyle was my life, outside seemed stange and on a slightly different planet. Alas I left for the sake of my young family and I had outgrown some of the bull shit aspects of military life (if that makes sense)."

100%. Respect where it's due though

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Bring back 90s hot hatches and ford to team up with cosworth again and give us a proper fast ford and bring back the laddettes

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

90s clothes are the best I've always had a 90s dress style to be fair Manchester 90s though.

Technicolor t-shirts

By *imon the welderMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"

Good. My hair will now come back into fashion."

I’d be happy if my hair would just come back ....

"Is it me or is the 1990s starting to creep backing in?

The return of steering wheel locks, bumbags, endless rows of homeless people on the streets and about 1 in 3 females under 25 I see rocking a denim jacket and high waisted jeans. Im just waiting now for the mainstream return of Kappa popper Joggers now. It's like I'm stuck in a game of 90s Pokemon."

Nothing wrong with pokemon

Coventry

"Is it me or is the 1990s starting to creep backing in?

The return of steering wheel locks, bumbags, endless rows of homeless people on the streets and about 1 in 3 females under 25 I see rocking a denim jacket and high waisted jeans. Im just waiting now for the mainstream return of Kappa popper Joggers now. It's like I'm stuck in a game of 90s Pokemon.

Nothing wrong with pokemon "

Yes but how many tamagotchi pets avoided death by neglect and lived out to an old age?

» Add a new message to this topic