FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clicky

Clicky

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Rev OP   Man  over a year ago

Magherafelt

Is it just me or does it seem like a very clicky society in here? I get that people have to protect themselves at all costs and are safe with only the people they know and made aquatinsences over time. Not a problem...but is anyone else finding it difficult to break into this well guarded society?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally mate, I’ve only just joined again and I can’t get a reply and quote for love or money.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Is it just me or does it seem like a very clicky society in here? I get that people have to protect themselves at all costs and are safe with only the people they know and made aquatinsences over time. Not a problem...but is anyone else finding it difficult to break into this well guarded society?"

I don't find it is, you will find the same people go into the same threads, but I don't think its a clique

"Totally mate, I’ve only just joined again and I can’t get a reply and quote for love or money. "

I'm ignored on all the suck up threads.

I can see why you’d think that.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Totally mate, I’ve only just joined again and I can’t get a reply and quote for love or money. "

I know, right?

How do you know it's hard to break in when this is your first ever contribution to the forums?

You never offered money

I'd have done it for 20 whole pencies

P

"Totally mate, I’ve only just joined again and I can’t get a reply and quote for love or money.

I'm ignored on all the suck up threads. "

As I said I can’t get a reply or quote.

Do a lot of sucking up and try to wangle your way into a group social.

"Totally mate, I’ve only just joined again and I can’t get a reply and quote for love or money.

As I said I can’t get a reply or quote."

You're not in with the in crowd.

By *nowy and the GruffaloCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I know, right?"

Never happens to us either!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

As I said I can’t get a reply or quote."

I'm going to give you one of these.

Now you're in.

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Hugs to Imiemr and Tame...

I’m in a loving and giving mood...

You never offered money

I'd have done it for 20 whole pencies

P"

*reaches down the back of the sofa*

Magherafelt

Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring to the main part of the site where you send messages etc to profiles you like. Apologies, wasn't referring to the forums...

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I know, right?

Never happens to us either!"

Nope.

"Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring to the main part of the site where you send messages etc to profiles you like. Apologies, wasn't referring to the forums..."

Oh

Then I don’t get why you’d think that

"Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring to the main part of the site where you send messages etc to profiles you like. Apologies, wasn't referring to the forums..."

Ahhhhhhh, ta for making it clear.

P

Magherafelt

"Hugs to Imiemr and Tame...

I’m in a loving and giving mood... "

Awww lol thanks. Only recognition I've got all day!

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Do you mean on the forum's or Fab in general?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Oops sorry

Now you're in. "

Phew. Turns out it’s really easy to get in the clique OP. I’ve just got in the forum hot tub.

Aberdeenshire

I know, right?

Never happens to us either!.

Nope. "

Can’t get meets either. It’s iiiiiiimpossible!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Ah. See all the usual suspects thought you'd be talking about the forum.

Errm, there's no trick for breaking in. You just have to keep ploughing away and eventually you'll strike gold. Taking part in the forum can help! People get to see you posting, know a bit about your personality etc.

Magherafelt

"Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring to the main part of the site where you send messages etc to profiles you like. Apologies, wasn't referring to the forums...

Oh

Then I don’t get why you’d think that "

Just finding it very difficult to get responses...I guess I'm not everyone's cup of tea and we're all attracted to different types..

I'm ignored on all the suck up threads. "

I like your suck up threads

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" Turns out it’s really easy to get in the clique OP. I’ve just got in the forum hot tub."

You're sitting on my knee !

If you said both you were on to a thread filler, now you’ve said that, this one will fizzle out. Rookie mistake.

"Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring to the main part of the site where you send messages etc to profiles you like. Apologies, wasn't referring to the forums...

Oh

Just finding it very difficult to get responses...I guess I'm not everyone's cup of tea and we're all attracted to different types.."

Pretty much.

I don’t respond to men I’m not interested in. Many others do the same.

Keep your chin up

I'm assuming you mean swinging as a whole rather than the forums.

It is harder for single guys, you're out numbering the ladies and couples quite significantly.

It can seem a bit cliquey but really it's because there are friendships there already, you wouldn't go to a pub and expect to just sit with a group you don't know. Getting yourself known is the best way forward, use the site facilities like chat and the forums, go to clubs and socials.

" Turns out it’s really easy to get in the clique OP. I’ve just got in the forum hot tub.

You're sitting on my knee !"

You’ve still got your boots on.

Magherafelt

"Do you mean on the forum's or Fab in general?"

No not the forums lol as there is convo in progress so I'm not getting ignored here...the general part of the site

[Removed by poster at 20/05/19 18:31:11]

I don't think general fab is cliquey at all tbh though chatrooms amd forums can feel so but that is the same anywhere you go!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It can seem like it at times but when it comes to sending messages I don't think it really applies.

Traditional wisdom says that single men find it very difficult to get a response but I don't think it's necessarily because people stick to the same group. We don't anyway

Magherafelt

Now you're in.

Phew. Turns out it’s really easy to get in the clique OP. I’ve just got in the forum hot tub."

Oh

Just finding it very difficult to get responses...I guess I'm not everyone's cup of tea and we're all attracted to different types.."

It isn’t easy until you get known a bit and even then most of the time you appear to be ignored. The reality is actually quite different and people do notice, actually far more than you can imagine. They just prioritise their posts to people they know, or ones they want to hook up with more often. Join in and you’ll realise that it’s not all that bad.

"Is it just me or does it seem like a very clicky society in here? I get that people have to protect themselves at all costs and are safe with only the people they know and made aquatinsences over time. Not a problem...but is anyone else finding it difficult to break into this well guarded society?"

You're not alone

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Yes mate, I’ve finally plucked up the courage to contribute within the forums as this topic needed raising - this is my first post and I felt nervous posting it.

Magherafelt

Ah. See all the usual suspects thought you'd be talking about the forum.

Errm, there's no trick for breaking in. You just have to keep ploughing away and eventually you'll strike gold. Taking part in the forum can help! People get to see you posting, know a bit about your personality etc."

Good advice, thanks very much

"Yes mate, I’ve finally plucked up the courage to contribute within the forums as this topic needed raising - this is my first post and I felt nervous posting it."

Get back in your box!

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Clippity clops clittiy clop.

Oh

Just finding it very difficult to get responses...I guess I'm not everyone's cup of tea and we're all attracted to different types..

It isn’t easy until you get known a bit and even then most of the time you appear to be ignored. The reality is actually quite different and people do notice, actually far more than you can imagine. They just prioritise their posts to people they know, or ones they want to hook up with more often. Join in and you’ll realise that it’s not all that bad."

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten.

"Is it just me or does it seem like a very clicky society in here? I get that people have to protect themselves at all costs and are safe with only the people they know and made aquatinsences over time. Not a problem...but is anyone else finding it difficult to break into this well guarded society?

You're not alone"

Maybe it’s because you’re a secret squirrel we don’t notice you in your disguise.

Actually I think I saw you on a few threads but I kept getting put off posting by the Mission Impossible theme playing in my head each time I saw your name

Magherafelt

"Yes mate, I’ve finally plucked up the courage to contribute within the forums as this topic needed raising - this is my first post and I felt nervous posting it."

Me too!!! Was waiting on one of 2 things happening, get ignored, or get a barrage of abuse lol. Luckily all I got was kind replies and actually good advice! What a relief!

Oh

It isn’t easy until you get known a bit and even then most of the time you appear to be ignored. The reality is actually quite different and people do notice, actually far more than you can imagine. They just prioritise their posts to people they know, or ones they want to hook up with more often. Join in and you’ll realise that it’s not all that bad.

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. "

Nope that’s just Peach’s trumps

Aberdeenshire

I don’t think Fab is cliquey. It might seem that way when you are new, but it isn’t. Just take your time and put some effort in. If anything most swingers are friendly and welcoming. But if someone or a group of people aren’t interested in you, that doesn’t make it a clique.

"Hugs to Imiemr and Tame...

I’m in a loving and giving mood... "

See, overlooked for the hot people again.

Magherafelt

"I don’t think Fab is cliquey. It might seem that way when you are new, but it isn’t. Just take your time and put some effort in. If anything most swingers are friendly and welcoming. But if someone or a group of people aren’t interested in you, that doesn’t make it a clique. "

That's true...valid point well made

Oh

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. "

Therein lies the truth.

"I don’t think Fab is cliquey. It might seem that way when you are new, but it isn’t. Just take your time and put some effort in. If anything most swingers are friendly and welcoming. But if someone or a group of people aren’t interested in you, that doesn’t make it a clique.

That's true...valid point well made"

*whispers* it is a bit cliquey.

Oh

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. Nope that’s just Peach’s trumps "

Stop name dropping you lampposting soab! No wonder people think I'm in a click

Oh

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. Nope that’s just Peach’s trumps "

Oiiiiii, you'll scare the new crumpet off

P

Up North

"Yes mate, I’ve finally plucked up the courage to contribute within the forums as this topic needed raising - this is my first post and I felt nervous posting it.

Get back in your box! "

Sorry, I thought it was safe to come out again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Welcome. Don't feel nervous many of us are friendly also remember that holding and expressing a different opinion isn't a personal insult.

"I don’t think Fab is cliquey. It might seem that way when you are new, but it isn’t. Just take your time and put some effort in. If anything most swingers are friendly and welcoming. But if someone or a group of people aren’t interested in you, that doesn’t make it a clique.

*whispers* it is a bit cliquey."

*whispers*

Why are we whispering?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm very open to meeting new people. Yes, there's a vetting process, there has to be. But I only meet those who appeal to me.

Oh

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. Nope that’s just Peach’s trumps

Stop name dropping you lampposting soab! No wonder people think I'm in a click "

Oh

This. It's not all that bad, though I'd add but, when it is, it's fucking rotten. Nope that’s just Peach’s trumps

Stop name dropping you lampposting soab! No wonder people think I'm in a click "

Oh bollocks - I’ll chat shit with anyone.

"Yes mate, I’ve finally plucked up the courage to contribute within the forums as this topic needed raising - this is my first post and I felt nervous posting it.

Welcome. Don't feel nervous many of us are friendly also remember that holding and expressing a different opinion isn't a personal incsult. "

YES it is! My flakes are melting I'm that flabbergasted

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Welcome. Don't feel nervous many of us are friendly also remember that holding and expressing a different opinion isn't a personal incsult.

YES it is! My flakes are melting I'm that flabbergasted "

T'isn't.

Get back in your box!

Sorry, I thought it was safe to come out again "

I’ve seen you jumping in and out of your box a lot. In fact Jack in the box could be your new username

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Hi op. Yes the swinging scene is hard to break into. Especially as a single guy. Look at the site as a tool and use it to the best of your advantage. Have yourself a good decent profile with good pictures and use that as your base. Do you use the chat rooms? There a good way of (eventually) getting noticed but you will probably be ignored for a while but pesistance pays of. Start to use the forums as well. Again you may get ignored for awhile. The forums have a meets section and a club section. Look in there and put your name down for any events you may be interested in. It will take time and patience but if you genuinly want to swing perciverence will pay off. Get a reputation for being a good decent guy and it will open doors for you. Good luck

Oh

Stop name dropping you lampposting soab! No wonder people think I'm in a click

Oh bollocks - I’ll chat shit with anyone. "

Like that is it?

*Ghengis harrumpfs and gallops off in search for a crumpet-suit*

Up North

Welcome. Don't feel nervous many of us are friendly also remember that holding and expressing a different opinion isn't a personal insult. "

Thank you , so there are nice people on here then

Magherafelt

"I'm very open to meeting new people. Yes, there's a vetting process, there has to be. But I only meet those who appeal to me. "

Sure thing...thats normal. Thankyou

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Welcome. Don't feel nervous many of us are friendly also remember that holding and expressing a different opinion isn't a personal insult.

Thank you , so there are nice people on here then "

Lots of them. The trick is to concentrate on the good and ignore the bad.

Magherafelt

"Hi op. Yes the swinging scene is hard to break into. Especially as a single guy. Look at the site as a tool and use it to the best of your advantage. Have yourself a good decent profile with good pictures and use that as your base. Do you use the chat rooms? There a good way of (eventually) getting noticed but you will probably be ignored for a while but pesistance pays of. Start to use the forums as well. Again you may get ignored for awhile. The forums have a meets section and a club section. Look in there and put your name down for any events you may be interested in. It will take time and patience but if you genuinly want to swing perciverence will pay off. Get a reputation for being a good decent guy and it will open doors for you. Good luck"

Great advice...many thanks indeed

All the women can hang their coats up again now though

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

We sometimes found that couples nights and big parties at clubs could be a bit clicky, well more there are clearly groups who keep them self very enclosed. Strange to us because well talk to anyone. But the longer we've been on the scene as a couple the more we've understood the formation of these groups and the less judgemental we are of them. Because simply as a couple it's very hard to find people you both want to play with. So I guess once you found a group of people who fancy each other and get on great you want to continue hanging out together and look forward to the next time you all assemble. And when you see it that way makes more sense.

It's the tinternet and a lot of people in a small space. Imagine walking into a a packed arena and asking everyone to stop what they're doing and speak to you. If you did that and it worked, you're either beyond skilled or Beyonce ...Keep coming back and people will get to know you (or not) and it will either be your thing or not.

Rome (and all those orgys) weren't built in a day.

By *horley ChickWoman  over a year ago

Chorley

It’s not clicky on fab as a whole - it’s just very male heavy - so you have to stand out with your message and profile pic to stand a chance of getting noticed - and even that isn’t guaranteed a response if you’re not the woman’s/couples type - or they’re not in a meeting mindset!

Try changing your profile pic to the 23rd April pic though - that would certainly get a response from me if you were local!

Magherafelt

"Is it just me or does it seem like a very clicky society in here? I get that people have to protect themselves at all costs and are safe with only the people they know and made aquatinsences over time. Not a problem...but is anyone else finding it difficult to break into this well guarded society?

It's the tinternet and a lot of people in a small space. Imagine walking into a a packed arena and asking everyone to stop what they're doing and speak to you. If you did that and it worked, you're either beyond skilled or Beyonce ...Keep coming back and people will get to know you (or not) and it will either be your thing or not.

Rome (and all those orgys) weren't built in a day."

Makes sense...thanks

Have you applied for the new members package? This could be why your not getting sufficient replies. You need the secret hand shake and bumper sticker.

Magherafelt

It’s not clicky on fab as a whole - it’s just very male heavy - so you have to stand out with your message and profile pic to stand a chance of getting noticed - and even that isn’t guaranteed a response if you’re not the woman’s/couples type - or they’re not in a meeting mindset!

Try changing your profile pic to the 23rd April pic though - that would certainly get a response from me if you were local! "

Done! lets see now! lol

Onestepoutofthedoor

Try changing your profile pic to the 23rd April pic though - that would certainly get a response from me if you were local!

Done! lets see now! lol"

Very nice!

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I’d get clicky with you

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Nice pic op and just be yourself and patient xxxx

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Not even 50/50 more like 5/95 but in saying that just how it is for us male counterparts just have to keep plugging away

Onestepoutofthedoor

Goes to show a good avatar does make a difference,I didn't even notice what you had up before to be honest.

You're a good looking chap with a decent bod, won't be long til the fresh meat sniffer is up in your inbox telling you how wonderful you are

P

Magherafelt

"Goes to show a good avatar does make a difference,I didn't even notice what you had up before to be honest."

Haaa...there you go. It was a good social experiment then, and it proves a half decent profile pic shines brighter! Who knew!

By *horley ChickWoman  over a year ago

Chorley

"Goes to show a good avatar does make a difference,I didn't even notice what you had up before to be honest.

Haaa...there you go. It was a good social experiment then, and it proves a half decent profile pic shines brighter! Who knew!"

I did!

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"You're a good looking chap with a decent bod, won't be long til the fresh meat sniffer is up in your inbox telling you how wonderful you are

P"

. Trawler across the water like

P.s hi bebz

Magherafelt

"Goes to show a good avatar does make a difference,I didn't even notice what you had up before to be honest.

Haaa...there you go. It was a good social experiment then, and it proves a half decent profile pic shines brighter! Who knew!

I did! "

Cheers Chorley Chick

Magherafelt

"You're a good looking chap with a decent bod, won't be long til the fresh meat sniffer is up in your inbox telling you how wonderful you are

P

. Trawler across the water like

P.s hi bebz"

Hiya Miss Honey

I'd message you of I was in the market for men!

Decent pics, actual words on the profile

It can take time for single guys, but the forums are a great way to chat to more people!

Good luck and welcome to the mad house

Magherafelt

I’d get clicky with you "

lol...thanks...id let ya get your click on!

Here, ladies, this one's a bit of alright eh?

"Here, ladies, this one's a bit of alright eh? "

Might have known - I agree he’s a hottie

If you were struggling on here OP, where does that leave the rest of them ?!

*whispers* it is a bit cliquey.

*whispers*

Why are we whispering? "

*whispers*

The cliques have big ears.

"If you were struggling on here OP, where does that leave the rest of them ?! "

Don't worry about him, he's been accepted into the fold already.

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It might seem that way but I have never met any forumites in person, some threads get a response some don't. Sometimes people respond to a comment sometimes it goes missing in the flood. I agree with some folk and have the ones who I feel are kindred spirits and the ones I'm not fond of etc but took a while, plus patience to get to know people.

I felt a bit out of things at first but it slowly changed. They were all probably completely unaware of how I felt.

"If you were struggling on here OP, where does that leave the rest of them ?!

Don't worry about him, he's been accepted into the fold already."

Who decides who gets in?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Agree

"Here, ladies, this one's a bit of alright eh?

Might have known - I agree he’s a hottie "

Agree "

Save yourself Op, they’re all here now!

Agree

Save yourself Op, they’re all here now! "

If you build (a thread), they will come.

Magherafelt

Agree

Save yourself Op, they’re all here now! "

Bloody hell lol...the pic was in my pic section all the time...obv they were never looked at until it went to the profile pic.

Who decides who gets in? "

The people on the forums, obviously.

Are you blind woman?

stockport

I’d get clicky with you

lol...thanks...id let ya get your click on!"

Let’s go!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think it can be difficult to get into interacting with people on here but over time people get to know you and that will help. I don’t think it’s cliquey. Get stuck in and have fun OP

stockport

Fit as fook!!!

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?"

So everyone on the forums?

Or just this "clique" you speak of?

Not blind...merely asking a question, woman

Only when folks crack there nuckles before finger threads

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

Not blind...merely asking a question, woman "

The clique, woman! The clique! He would have been hung, drawn and quartered by them by now if he was a toothless, pot-bellied, sallow-skinned man

Too cool to comment, soz....

(oops..... )

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

The clique, woman! The clique! He would have been hung, drawn and quartered by them by now if he was a toothless, pot-bellied, sallow-skinned man "

Women are so shallow.

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

The clique, woman! The clique! He would have been hung, drawn and quartered by them by now if he was a toothless, pot-bellied, sallow-skinned man "

Phew! If the clique is just the beautiful people, I'm not in it! was beginning to worry I wasn't aware of something I may be a part of

stockport

"Too cool to comment, soz....

(oops..... ) "

As if!!

Onestepoutofthedoor

Agree

Save yourself Op, they’re all here now!

Bloody hell lol...the pic was in my pic section all the time...obv they were never looked at until it went to the profile pic."

Nar no-one has time for that.

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

The Clique is strong.

Onestepoutofthedoor

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

Hey I don't mind a bit of gummy action!

(oops..... )

As if!! "

By your own admission I have shovel hands, don't make me use them.....

(your friendship makes me way cooler, obv.... )

stockport

(oops..... )

As if!!

(your friendship makes me way cooler, obv.... ) "

And over stretched limbs

Obvs your a lucky boy

(oops..... )

As if!!

And over stretched limbs

Obvs your a lucky boy "

....yeah, safie is a babe...

stockport

(oops..... )

As if!!

And over stretched limbs

Obvs your a lucky boy

....yeah, safie is a babe... "

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

The clique, woman! The clique! He would have been hung, drawn and quartered by them by now if he was a toothless, pot-bellied, sallow-skinned man

Women are so shallow."

I only fuck hot, younger men from here. Yes I'm shallow.

Who decides who gets in?

Are you blind woman?

Phew! If the clique is just the beautiful people, I'm not in it! was beginning to worry I wasn't aware of something I may be a part of "

No, they're all mingers. They drool over the beautiful people, wishing they were them

Yep definitely know what you mean

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

Oh

Patience and perseverance. That's the best approach. Eventually you will find the right people

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

I made a cliche of my own John

» Add a new message to this topic