FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > University....

University....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olden_Road_to_Samarkand OP   Man  over a year ago

london

...where were you and what did you enjoy most?...and did you ever imagine you'd be on a site like this back then?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brace yourself for University of Life comments, you have been warned.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Brace yourself for University of Life comments, you have been warned. "

Oh goody your back!

I didn't enjoy it and dropped out after a year

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

MMU.... And no I never envisioned it... Tinternet wasn't what it is today back then!!

School of real life where shit gets done

"Brace yourself for University of Life comments, you have been warned.

Oh goody your back! "

At least someone is pleased to see me!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Oh goody your back!

At least someone is pleased to see me! "

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

More than one. And good god no. I was a timid little thing.

I decline the opportunity as I wanted to get out into the real World. I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I gone. Ironically, I occasionally lecture...

Went to 2, wish I’d had more sex and definitely not had that bf in my second year - what a waste of time and effort he was

Also wish I’d slept with that one professor, fancied him like mad

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Impala!!!

Liverpool. I hated my first course (a very niche science) but started again the year after doing a English Lit and I loved it. I spent most of my time reading novels and partying. What wasn't there to like about that?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"...where were you and what did you enjoy most?...and did you ever imagine you'd be on a site like this back then?"

I was on site like this back then and was at NTU finished 2nd degree in 2012

"Liverpool. I hated my first course (a very niche science) but started again the year after doing a English Lit and I loved it. I spent most of my time reading novels and partying. What wasn't there to like about that? "

I've been a serial monogomist since the age of 16 so not enough casual sex was had

"...where were you and what did you enjoy most?...and did you ever imagine you'd be on a site like this back then?"

Uni was alright, I had more fun during 6th Form at boarding school though. Thankfully my folks sent me to a mixed school (seperate boarding houses of course).

All I'm going to say that there was a lot of awakening and exploration going on...

The School of Hard Knocks was enough for me. Learnt everything I knew there

I was to daft for uni

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

Oxford Brookes and Dundee and found this site just after I graduated from Dundee ...... thing I enjoyed the most was access to so many books

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Her - Reading; sex and drugs and rock and roll! (With some studying in between). Him - no uni, straight into the RAF.

UEA in Norwich, but gave up because the course was full of numerous numpties and wasn't interesting me in the slightest. So I quit and joined the Army as a private, despite being pushed towards being an officer by my parents and recruitment Sgt and officer (top 3% in intelligence test).

Start of a long list of bad decisions..

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I never went to university I always had the urge to work and earn money to fund my need and urge to watch football

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Went to uni in the East Midlands and if I could do it all again I’d have gone to lectures and tutorials

18 is really young to go through something like that for most I feel.

Loughborough - left after a year and took a job it worked much better for me

Loved the social side and the sport, the actual work not so much

"UEA in Norwich, but gave up because the course was full of numerous numpties and wasn't interesting me in the slightest. So I quit and joined the Army as a private, despite being pushed towards being an officer by my parents and recruitment Sgt and officer (top 3% in intelligence test).

Start of a long list of bad decisions.. "

Love a man in uniform...

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

My chequered academic history included a couple of universities in Australia (at which I never made it past second year). I was so boring then. And shy. And had sub-zero confidence and self-esteem. If a woman had even just kissed me, I don't know if I'd have frozen or run. I'd have found some way to fuck it up, that's certain.

Then I got older, discovered the swinging world, found some confidence, and at long last finally got my degree.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

The elite conservative Vermont boarding school, Welton Academy

By *rbean69Man  over a year ago

Stroud

University of Kent at Canterbury. I went to uni to delay having to get a job. I have never used my Economics degree and managed to avoid getting a job until 14 months after leaving uni. I enjoyed almost everything at uni (essay writing was tedious). 2nd & 3rd years comprised the longest period I have been happy for. I was in a terrible depression for 4 and a half years afterwards (although I have always been depressive to some extent) and pissed my friends and parents off by being so miserable. In all,it took me over 17 years to get over leaving uni.

To be honest, I have never been able to cope with real life. University is NOT real life.

I joined the army at 16 and left in 94. I've had a good life and enjoy it to the max

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had a place at Leicester demontford but deffered for a year then became to ill to go

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Scottish university, loved it. Loved it enough to stay on and do a postgrad and seriously consider going into academia. I discovered men, theatre, student activism and so many other wonderful things. I was probably a pretentious tosser at times but it was formative for me in so many ways. I joined here while there so yes, I did think I would.

Bed hopping and dorm running naked at Oxford halls of residence

Oh goody your back!

At least someone is pleased to see me! "

Im actually shocked by the lack of welcome back threads for you. The amount of fucking threads put up in your honour when you left you would of thought we had had the death of the messiah

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I loved uni! I went when I was in my early 20s and really made the most of the lectures and tutorials. I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living because of this.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I wasn't intelligent enough to go to University,I had to work straight from school. Poor people didn't go to University where I lived either.

I'm studying with the Open university at the moment, wish I'd gone to a bricks and mortar institution and done the drinking and partying bit though

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I had a place at Leicester demontford but deffered for a year then became to ill to go"

We looked here for our eldest - it looks amazing now

J x

"I had a place at Leicester demontford but deffered for a year then became to ill to go

We looked here for our eldest - it looks amazing now

J x"

yes it was a really good uni back in the day

It was my first choice shame i didnt get to go

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Uni was a difficult period. My parents passed away when I was in pre-u and 2nd year, then my ex-partner left me in 4th year. Then I got 7th nerve palsy the day our final year result was out.

Went to the graduation dinner night with lopsided left face.

I didn't get the grades to go when I was 18.... so roll forward 25 years and I'm about to finish my degree in 10 weeks!

Couldnt comment on where I am though

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I'm studying with the Open university at the moment, wish I'd gone to a bricks and mortar institution and done the drinking and partying bit though "

Do they still have the summer schools? I did my degree with them before the funding changed. I don't know what it's like now.

The summer schools had a bit of a reputation for all sorts of scandal. Except I was doing maths, and mathematicians aren't like that.

But I don't regret going with the OU at all. It was a great experience, and I was able to keep working.

"UEA in Norwich, but gave up because the course was full of numerous numpties and wasn't interesting me in the slightest. So I quit and joined the Army as a private, despite being pushed towards being an officer by my parents and recruitment Sgt and officer (top 3% in intelligence test).

Love a man in uniform..."

I gave mind a viking funeral.. Unless the pool boy uniform does it for you?

I went as a mature student, twice. Wasn't interested I the partying bit at all. Only there to further my career.

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Nottingham Trent. Quite glad I’d not discovered fab or I might not have been so sociable - might have gotten laid more often though

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

Went to a polytechnic that was all engineering and computing, so 98% male. Needless to say I washed a lot of socks.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Not at university unlike many of my mates. I was learning a trade, getting engineering qualifications, traveling, out most nights with my mates and earning a good wage doing the above. Kind of like university; Learning with a roof over my head and food on the table except I was being paid and earning a pension too. University would have just set me back career wise and been a financial burden. I have full respect for university but it's not the best for everyone and I think not the best option for many who go.

I was down south and only there for the first year. I didn't like the course and even though I could've stayed on I realised it would be hellish for four years of that torture. Loved the student life though

"I'm studying with the Open university at the moment, wish I'd gone to a bricks and mortar institution and done the drinking and partying bit though

Do they still have the summer schools? I did my degree with them before the funding changed. I don't know what it's like now.

The summer schools had a bit of a reputation for all sorts of scandal. Except I was doing maths, and mathematicians aren't like that.

But I don't regret going with the OU at all. It was a great experience, and I was able to keep working."

I'm doing maths too . I don't know about summer schools but they certainly still do revision weekends. Course-wise is great, but since they changed the funding a lot of the tutorials have moved online so you don't see much of anyone any more.

A place just North of Cloud Cuckoo Land and studied how to blow up factories then went to another place way down South of CCL and studied Dodgy Snake Oil production.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I did both my Youth and Community degree and my Masters (Social Policy) at Birmingham. I was a later starter though not starting until I was 25/26.

I don't think it was quite same kind of experience as say my kids had at 18.

"A place just North of Cloud Cuckoo Land and studied how to blow up factories then went to another place way down South of CCL and studied Dodgy Snake Oil production. "
My second degree created my interest in this stuff

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I don't know about summer schools but they certainly still do revision weekends"

Just checked, and it is indeed gone. That's a great shame. It was a 15 point module called (I think) MSXR209 "Mathematical Modelling". I didn't enjoy the subject (pure maths all the way for me), but it was a great experience - a week living on campus in Nottingham, spending time with the other students and staff.

I was in a group with a woman who ended up as a sort of pen-pal. If I'd had a lot more confidence then... well, no point regretting what might have been.

"I don't know about summer schools but they certainly still do revision weekends

Just checked, and it is indeed gone. That's a great shame. It was a 15 point module called (I think) MSXR209 "Mathematical Modelling". I didn't enjoy the subject (pure maths all the way for me), but it was a great experience - a week living on campus in Nottingham, spending time with the other students and staff.

I was in a group with a woman who ended up as a sort of pen-pal. If I'd had a lot more confidence then... well, no point regretting what might have been."

Oh okay, yes that does sound fun. I'm doing the new modelling course next year as it's required for the degree, I much prefer pure maths too . That's a shame, live and learn hey x

Love a man in uniform...

I gave mind a viking funeral.. Unless the pool boy uniform does it for you? "

Haha xx hmmm ....

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

I was too lazy at school. So at 16 my choices were limited.

The Army wasn't too bad, and it was through this that I wandered into IT.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I went to uni when I was 30

I knew I didn't want to carry with the career I was doing Although I had a lot of qualifications, most were job related, outdated and I wanted to redo my old O'levels.

I resat my English & Maths, did an IT course (I'm still a total technophobe)

I then had my youngest 2, a year apart. Middle son started nursery and I started helping out

Was offered a job within a couple of weeks, and went back to Uni again to train as a teacher.

I'd just finished my NQT year when I had to give up work to care for my son after his stroke.

I'm still paying off my student debts

I got a degree in bullshit

Noo...I was a serious young lady back then with an ambitious nature & my wild side was tame although screaming out" to know what true freedom was! I studied Law.

» Add a new message to this topic