FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > HUAWEI PHONES =NO MORE GOOGLE!

HUAWEI PHONES =NO MORE GOOGLE!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After Huawei smartphones have become a best seller in UK, Google has barred phone maker Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system .new designs of Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google Apps. looks like Bing could become very popular.Down to the Donald's American/ China trade argument apparently

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I returned my huawei p30 pro afew weeks ago, reason being the camera was terrible and i read about the spywear. Im not surprised google has pulled, the u.s are trying to ban huawei as a brand.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Google is also spying on you!

"Google is also spying on you!"

Yes, you can't walk past a sex shop without it asking you for a rating.

By *rincessPussycatTV/TS  over a year ago

a world of her own

I really like my Honor : (

It's a great phone for the price and has outlasted a lot of other more expensive phones that I've owned before.

This is very true. I also pity whatever poor mug gets to wade through the inane details of my tedious life.

"Google is also spying on you!

Yes, you can't walk past a sex shop without it asking you for a rating

."

I'd give it a rating of 69

They'll just invent their own, like Hwoogle or some shiz, innit.....

"After Huawei smartphones have become a best seller in UK, Google has barred phone maker Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system .new designs of Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google Apps. looks like Bing could become very popular.Down to the Donald's American/ China trade argument apparently"

Bing do not make apps or operating systems (nobody wants Windows mobile. I doubt it will affect many users as it only affects new phones, I will let you know if it does as I have one.

Yes it is, remember when you ticked the box and agreed tot he terms and conditions? You allowed it!

Iv got a p20 pro, great phone

"After Huawei smartphones have become a best seller in UK, Google has barred phone maker Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system .new designs of Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google Apps. looks like Bing could become very popular.Down to the Donald's American/ China trade argument apparently

Bing do not make apps or operating systems (nobody wants Windows mobile. I doubt it will affect many users as it only affects new phones, I will let you know if it does as I have one."

surely if you can't get Google apps on the new Huawei phones.. Huawei is finished

"After Huawei smartphones have become a best seller in UK, Google has barred phone maker Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system .new designs of Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google Apps. looks like Bing could become very popular.Down to the Donald's American/ China trade argument apparently

Bing do not make apps or operating systems (nobody wants Windows mobile. I doubt it will affect many users as it only affects new phones, I will let you know if it does as I have one.surely if you can't get Google apps on the new Huawei phones.. Huawei is finished"

You can’t help think this is more a proxy extension of Donald Trumps foreign policy agenda than anything to do with security concerns.

By *xLedZepxx2Man  over a year ago

Didcot

Is it just me that's a little cynical on this issue, Huawei are in competition with Apple and Apple are an American company (though made in China) and sales are not as strong as they used to be, Huawei are offering a very hi spec phone a lot cheaper than a high end iPhone, yes I know different operating systems but to me this has more to do with America protecting its' own tech companies than it does with security.

Cheeky cunts its google with the spy network

By *rincessPussycatTV/TS  over a year ago

a world of her own

"

You can’t help think this is more a proxy extension of Donald Trumps foreign policy agenda than anything to do with security concerns. "

Yup

Do I have to put a disclaimer on my profile warning Huawei not to steel my photos...!

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"After Huawei smartphones have become a best seller in UK, Google has barred phone maker Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system .new designs of Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google Apps. looks like Bing could become very popular.Down to the Donald's American/ China trade argument apparently"

It will effect all new phones...not existing ones

By *corpio67Man  over a year ago

hillingdon

Google is just another name for

Big brother!

1984 and the thought police are coming!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Is it just me that's a little cynical on this issue, Huawei are in competition with Apple and Apple are an American company (though made in China) and sales are not as strong as they used to be, Huawei are offering a very hi spec phone a lot cheaper than a high end iPhone, yes I know different operating systems but to me this has more to do with America protecting its' own tech companies than it does with security."

It's not just you. You're spot on.

It will effect all new phones...not existing ones"

hence the words "new designs"

My wa-way no longer connects to my chromecast, what a jip hey

By *iking-RaiderMan  over a year ago

suffolk

To be honest I'd rather the Chinese spied on me than our own government haha

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

Fortunately I've only just upgraded so my amazing p30 Pro should last me until Huawei bring out their own operating system and work out all of the kinks

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I assume that all commercial tech has back doors built into them - whether it is made in the US, China or wherever.

Our data is being harvested all the time.

I have a year on my contract with my p20 pro, and I was hoping to keep going with another Huawei, but if there is still a load of paddying by America this time next year, I don't know what I will do. Seems ridiculous to screw over one of your biggest selling carriers of your operating system, but if Trump is meddling in business to try and get his own way with a trade deal, all it is going to mean is that I am going to end up giving my money to South Korea or Japan instead. I aren't going to pander to the apple crowd and get an iphone

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

So thats why getting all these loks from people 7n china lol

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Although I believe the security concerns very valid. Afterall in Chinese law Chinese companies have to fully cooperate and provide resourses to the state including aid for military and intelligence goals. But I do wonder if this is partially part of the trade war. Or part of American tech companies meeting out some vengeance for years of abuse and unfair tactics from Chinese and the Chinese state?

I dont agree with Trump, nor tarifs in general. However I do agree with Trump on his policies towards China and trade. For decades now China has been shamelessly breaking WTO rules (of which it's a member) and ripping off intellectual property and development. Nothing anyone has done in the past has stopped it. And because China has got it's self so deeply ingrained into other countries trade, finance and infrastructure many counties are reluctant or intimidated to stand up to China. So personally I think trumps approch is a welcome approch to curb China's gross flaunting of international law. Especially while America still has the power to do something. Ithink it will hurt China more than America. Especially because it's American tech companies that are often hit the worse.

» Add a new message to this topic