FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Understanding the male mind

Understanding the male mind

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They say women are complicated but some men are far worse!

There are always a few posts on here looking to gain understanding of a situation. Usually a man has left a woman feeling like a fool in some way.

Why do men do it? Is there a secret class in school where they learn how to be a dick or where to hurt a woman most?

Is it purely because they dont think and suddenly there is some jolt of conscience and they run so they don't have to face us?

At 35 I genuinely thought I was past all the drama and games. Sadly I fear I'm an easy target!

So men tell me what goes through your minds? (Aside from the desires of your penis)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'd love to know as well.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

A bit like women, we’re all different.

Sorry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My dad always said that a 'standing prick has no conscience'. Possibly that explains some mens behaviour?

"They say women are complicated but some men are far worse!

There are always a few posts on here looking to gain understanding of a situation. Usually a man has left a woman feeling like a fool in some way.

Why do men do it? Is there a secret class in school where they learn how to be a dick or where to hurt a woman most?

Is it purely because they dont think and suddenly there is some jolt of conscience and they run so they don't have to face us?

At 35 I genuinely thought I was past all the drama and games. Sadly I fear I'm an easy target!

So men tell me what goes through your minds? (Aside from the desires of your penis)"

dunno what u mean luv i never went to school

"My dad always said that a 'standing prick has no conscience'. Possibly that explains some mens behaviour?"

What if it suddenly finds it at the worst moment?

What happened?

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Men are the same as women, and totally different!

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

The penis can overrule the brain, when the penis is sated the brain kicks back in. It's not a conscious thing, we can't control it. Think of us as victims.

I'm more in the class of if you let someone fool you..more fool you kinda chick.

They surprise me daily .... however I should know by my age

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"The penis can overrule the brain, when the penis is sated the brain kicks back in. It's not a conscious thing, we can't control it. Think of us as victims."

In what way, give an example

Male ego is a fragile thing along with insecurity, can often be root causes of a man’s bad behaviour...

Unfortunately it's often because we let them.

I couldn't think of a way to word that without it being anti men. There are plenty of women out there doing it too.

They sense vulnerability and swoop in.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Those who truly understand ME are intelligent beings, those who don't... meh!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Male ego is a fragile thing along with insecurity, can often be root causes of a man’s bad behaviour..."

I concur

"I'm more in the class of if you let someone fool you..more fool you kinda chick. "
If I feel hard done by I look at my role in the situation as this is the one thing I can control.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Male ego is a fragile thing along with insecurity, can often be root causes of a man’s bad behaviour..."

I think we may be getting somewhere now...

"Unfortunately it's often because we let them.

I couldn't think of a way to word that without it being anti men. There are plenty of women out there doing it too.

They sense vulnerability and swoop in. "

Agreed

This is not cool

Bedford

Agreed "

If the bloke is really doing that then it’s a bad person, nothing to do with being male or female.

Someone like that should be kicked out of your life immediately

Agreed

If the bloke is really doing that then it’s a bad person, nothing to do with being male or female.

Someone like that should be kicked out of your life immediately "

Agreed

Someone like that should be kicked out of your life immediately "

I agree but often they manipulate you and you don't realise until you are in too deep. There are so many people in abusive relationships because they can't just walk away.

"I'm more in the class of if you let someone fool you..more fool you kinda chick. If I feel hard done by I look at my role in the situation as this is the one thing I can control."
very true

Bedford

Agreed

I agree but often they manipulate you and you don't realise until you are in too deep. There are so many people in abusive relationships because they can't just walk away. "

Fair point. And when you say that it makes more sense, there are people like that

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

[Removed by poster at 19/05/19 09:17:06]

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Men.... Women ... different wiring!

I won’t be derogatory per se - save to say after this week my enjoyment of fab somewhat declined rapidly

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I tend not to think of it as a men vs women thing - more a people thing - there will always be those that seek to take advantage, to think they're the only thing that matters, who lack respect and consideration and think it's ok to walk all over people - just as there will always be people who are the complete polar opposite of that, and those that fall somewhere in between.

The problem is not men, it's not women, it's people and people are strange at times 

Agreed

I agree but often they manipulate you and you don't realise until you are in too deep. There are so many people in abusive relationships because they can't just walk away. "

"The penis can overrule the brain, when the penis is sated the brain kicks back in. It's not a conscious thing, we can't control it. Think of us as victims."

You poor loves....

"I tend not to think of it as a men vs women thing - more a people thing - there will always be those that seek to take advantage, to think they're the only thing that matters, who lack respect and consideration and think it's ok to walk all over people - just as there will always be people who are the complete polar opposite of that, and those that fall somewhere in between.

The problem is not men, it's not women, it's people and people are strange at times  "

Exactly, gender has nothing to do with it.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"I tend not to think of it as a men vs women thing - more a people thing - there will always be those that seek to take advantage, to think they're the only thing that matters, who lack respect and consideration and think it's ok to walk all over people - just as there will always be people who are the complete polar opposite of that, and those that fall somewhere in between.

The problem is not men, it's not women, it's people and people are strange at times  "

I agree with Gemini. It’s a personality trait that makes people treat others a particular way

"Men.... Women ... different wiring!

I won’t be derogatory per se - save to say after this week my enjoyment of fab somewhat declined rapidly"

Don’t let it ruin Fab for you it is a good site, we all at some point get messages that are off putting but not a reflection of everyone. I had a couple message me last week who wanted to be my human toilet how do you think I felt after, wretched lol

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Agreed

I met a friend for coffee yesterday who is in another ‘locked in’ relationship and felt embarrassed to tell me so. He was in one when I met him that took him years to get out of. Some men court the situations they find themselves in.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Also, if women keep on choosing wrong un’s, then surely it’s better to stop and reflect upon what is making them choose said wrong uns.

We have a choice in who we choose.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"The penis can overrule the brain, when the penis is sated the brain kicks back in. It's not a conscious thing, we can't control it. Think of us as victims.

You poor loves.... "

I'm thinking of starting a charity

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

The problem is not men, it's not women, it's people and people are strange at times 

I agree with Gemini. It’s a personality trait that makes people treat others a particular way "

I would agree Babs

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'm here for drama free fun, friendship and the kind of experiences that I can look back fondly upon and think "I really enjoyed myself" years from now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Men.... Women ... different wiring!

I won’t be derogatory per se - save to say after this week my enjoyment of fab somewhat declined rapidly

Don’t let it ruin Fab for you it is a good site, we all at some point get messages that are off putting but not a reflection of everyone. I had a couple message me last week who wanted to be my human toilet how do you think I felt after, wretched lol "

I imagine you did! I know it’s not a reflection of everyone but it’s that ONE comment that stands out

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Some men will manipulate, tell you what you want to hear, get into your knickers and run.

There are woman who will do the same.

It just the harsh reality of the world we find ourselves in.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Agreed

I agree but often they manipulate you and you don't realise until you are in too deep. There are so many people in abusive relationships because they can't just walk away.

I met a friend for coffee yesterday who is in another ‘locked in’ relationship and felt embarrassed to tell me so. He was in one when I met him that took him years to get out of. Some men court the situations they find themselves in. "

That sounds remarkably like victim blaming there. If a woman was in that situation then it would be calling it emotional abuse, because it's a guy; hes courted the situation?

Agreed

that also swings both ways too pregnancy trapping for example

Manchester (he/him)

In response to the OP, it's very hard to say why people choose to take advantage of or manipulate another. The simple answer is to gain something in the short term, then once they've got it, to leave quickly. It's the oldest trick in the book I guess; telling someone what they want to hear in order to manipulate them.

How do you guard against it in the future? Honestly, I don't know. The simple fact though is that it's not your fault and you weren't culpable in believing someone.

Men and women are very similar they both can get hurt , there not from a different planet .. perhaps us ladies fall in love a bit quicker than guys but once a guy has found the person he loves they are capable of deep love . We all become more vulnerable once in love but it’s not a bad thing .

Men are a bit like women think youve figured them out ....you are only part right

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I would say I agree with Gemini.. I don't think it's a gender thing but a person thing. I do sometimes feel that after my experiences on fab and on the "dating" scene the men seem to be very good at deciding what they want and sticking to it and if it's one thing then they rarely change their minds or they seem to hide their emotions well. But then I also know woman who are like this too so again not gender specific.

Sadly we are going to have good and bad experiences in life on fab and in my case the nightmare of online dating haha but I try not to let the bad ones pull me down, especially in relation to dating. I just learn from it and move on.

Understanding anyone’s mind at the moment is beyond me

By *ivek68Man  over a year ago

york

Exactly, gender has nothing to do with it. "

well said

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

None of us can ever get fully inside the mind of another, we all have to take some things on trust, and just hope we are not going to be disappointed.

Sometimes that trust is misplaced and despite hoping that it isn't, when we discover that fact it can impact on all future relationships. How often do we see that, along with the cynicism and discontent so often displayed on various threads.

It's not a man thing or a woman thing. It's a people thing. We get what we give, sometimes.....

And other times we give and get used. It's the nature of life, not just fab...

All I can say is I hope that he's feeling as shitty as me right now!

By *arlo82Couple  over a year ago

the gym and random places

I too would love to know! I don't get them at all

I would like to know why men declare their love so easily, or when they have no intentions of having a relationship.

"Also, if women keep on choosing wrong un’s, then surely it’s better to stop and reflect upon what is making them choose said wrong uns.

We have a choice in who we choose."

We can only choose going on what we have before us. If someone is pretending to be something they aren't, we don't have all the information.

Some people change too.

By *adtaffladMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

I'm male and I don't understand my mind

"Men and women are very similar they both can get hurt , there not from a different planet .. perhaps us ladies fall in love a bit quicker than guys but once a guy has found the person he loves they are capable of deep love . We all become more vulnerable once in love but it’s not a bad thing . "

Very true

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'd suggest it's simple

Some people treat others badly some do not

The reasons are numerous and varied x

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"Also, if women keep on choosing wrong un’s, then surely it’s better to stop and reflect upon what is making them choose said wrong uns.

We can only choose going on what we have before us. If someone is pretending to be something they aren't, we don't have all the information.

Some people change too."

But surely that only happens once?

Once you’ve been with someone who does that you get wise to that behaviour? You’ve lived it, you learn from it and you check out that the next person you get involved with isn’t like that?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It is definitely not just a male trait, all to often I see women manipulating men to get what they desire.

Everyone at some point has fallen for it, yes it hurts at the time. However, for me you have to learn from that experience, become a bit thicker skinned and not trust so easily, don’t be swayed by words but someone’s true actions

More importantly for me, is remembering how you felt when it happened to you and ensuring you NEVER make someone else feel like that

Be honest to yourselves and others, just be truthful and open

Wow I did a thread 5 years ago inquiring into understanding a woman’s mind, that in my mind wasn’t derogatory towards women at all. I was roasted and flamed on the Forum spit. I was accused of misogyny and torn asunder in a verbal tirade. Times have changed.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Wow I did a thread 5 years ago inquiring into understanding a woman’s mind, that in my mind wasn’t derogatory towards women at all. I was roasted and flamed on the Forum spit. I was accused of misogyny and torn asunder in a verbal tirade. Times have changed. "

Shhhhhh first rule of double standards club is dont mention the double standards

"Wow I did a thread 5 years ago inquiring into understanding a woman’s mind, that in my mind wasn’t derogatory towards women at all. I was roasted and flamed on the Forum spit. I was accused of misogyny and torn asunder in a verbal tirade. Times have changed.

Shhhhhh first rule of double standards club is dont mention the double standards "

I couldn't tell you because usually it's the other way round for me.... I've never had it in me to be horrible to a woman, I've never hurt and I've always treated women with respect. Im just not like the stereotyped.

[Removed by poster at 19/05/19 11:26:59]

Im starting a victim support group... queue this way please

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Not all men are dicks,

Some women are dicks too

I don't think you can pin thoughtless or bad behaviour to just 1 gender.

Jack is genuinely a nice ,decent man and I know of several others too .

Sorry you have been hurt OP,but good guys still exist

Miss

By *traycatMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

We are all different. Also in regards if one man doesn't show you respect doesn't necessarily mean another one won't. Usually the younger men or similar age to you I'd imagine. I hadn't grown up until I was 36; I'd finally been 18 years an adult. Try an older man perhaps?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Agreed

I met a friend for coffee yesterday who is in another ‘locked in’ relationship and felt embarrassed to tell me so. He was in one when I met him that took him years to get out of. Some men court the situations they find themselves in.

That sounds remarkably like victim blaming there. If a woman was in that situation then it would be calling it emotional abuse, because it's a guy; hes courted the situation? "

If you knew him you’d know where I’m coming from

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I think I’m fairly straightforward and uncomplicated. If you ask I’ll generally tell you what I think.

Some people change too.

But surely that only happens once?

Once you’ve been with someone who does that you get wise to that behaviour? You’ve lived it, you learn from it and you check out that the next person you get involved with isn’t like that?

"

If it's normal behaviour how do you know they will change, or are lying? Until they change, or are caught lying you're none the wiser.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its not a gender thing at all. Men and women can be lovely or downright evil. While ive been on fab ive never encounted a bad guy and thats nearly 13 years. Chose wisely. Become astute. Dont give chances. Read between the lines

You think you've got problems, OP. I don't understand it either and i've got one...somewhere.

There has been plenty of men left feeling like a fool too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have only read the first two replies.

Why think that the man hurt you ?

If I end a relationship and the 'bloke' is 'hurt' ...... then he has to deal with it like an adult.

I trust you are not talking about sadism but just ordinary every day relationships.

King's Crustacean

What is 'a man's bad behaviour' ?

So often phrases are splurged on posts and they have NO substance...

What is it ?

I don't believe it's gender specific.

We are all affected by our own life experiences and some handle it better than others. Lots of breakdowns are more to do with what's unsaid rather than said. My motto has always been that I can't be hurt by truth, but not everyone is capable or wants to let you in. Both genders have insecurities that make them behave in a way that's not always clear.

The key is working out who's worth letting close.

King's Crustacean

"The penis can overrule the brain, when the penis is sated the brain kicks back in. It's not a conscious thing, we can't control it. Think of us as victims.

You poor loves....

I'm thinking of starting a charity"

I will donate heavily ....... very heavily

They sense vulnerability and swoop in. "

...just like that film. The Eagle Has Landed!

King's Crustacean

"Wow I did a thread 5 years ago inquiring into understanding a woman’s mind, that in my mind wasn’t derogatory towards women at all. I was roasted and flamed on the Forum spit. I was accused of misogyny and torn asunder in a verbal tirade. Times have changed. "

ohhhhhhhhhhh can you find it for us ?

King's Crustacean

There is an important point ( to my mind ) that hasn't been mentioned.

Some people - NOT having been offered ANYTHING other than sexual acquaintance - create an alternative reality based on their own wants and blame the other when it doesn't fully materialise.

Some people let themselves down.

I agree with Gemini that it's personality not gender. It happens to people.

Agreed

That sounds remarkably like victim blaming there. If a woman was in that situation then it would be calling it emotional abuse, because it's a guy; hes courted the situation? "

"All I can say is I hope that he's feeling as shitty as me right now!"

What happened?

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

Agreed

I could say woman do the same, manipulate even better, enough said they have vagina and man as someone noticed thinking with dick, therefore it's much easier for woman to manipulate man

"I'm more in the class of if you let someone fool you..more fool you kinda chick. If I feel hard done by I look at my role in the situation as this is the one thing I can control."

I like this

"I don't believe it's gender specific.

We are all affected by our own life experiences and some handle it better than others. Lots of breakdowns are more to do with what's unsaid rather than said. My motto has always been that I can't be hurt by truth, but not everyone is capable or wants to let you in. Both genders have insecurities that make them behave in a way that's not always clear.

The key is working out who's worth letting close. "

We need an awakening as a race, and find out Why we always want to hurt each other

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"We need an awakening as a race, and find out Why we always want to hurt each other "

Yes, I think people generally act out of their own pain. Only love and kindness can break the cycle.

I gave up with this thread half way down...... .....when people start treating other people as people indmstaed of a gender then we'll be equal and shit will be a lot easier to understand and explain. Taking gender sides in an argument gives you an instant 50% weighting but it also gives you the same opposition and what have we learned recently about 50:50 conflict resolution.....

Sad at pretty much everything written here, except for PM's wisdom of accepting your own roleans looking for improvement....

Peace innit

"We need an awakening as a race, and find out Why we always want to hurt each other

Yes, I think people generally act out of their own pain. Only love and kindness can break the cycle. "

Feels like we always look for someone to beat on who will take the pain for us, willingly or not, rather than solve it for ourselves with kindness.

"I gave up with this thread half way down...... .....when people start treating other people as people indmstaed of a gender then we'll be equal and shit will be a lot easier to understand and explain. Taking gender sides in an argument gives you an instant 50% weighting but it also gives you the same opposition and what have we learned recently about 50:50 conflict resolution.....

Sad at pretty much everything written here, except for PM's wisdom of accepting your own roleans looking for improvement....

Peace innit "

I accept my own role in having shit typing above and I'll be looking to improve.....

Manchester (he/him)

"There is an important point ( to my mind ) that hasn't been mentioned.

Some people - NOT having been offered ANYTHING other than sexual acquaintance - create an alternative reality based on their own wants and blame the other when it doesn't fully materialise.

I agree with Gemini that it's personality not gender. It happens to people. "

I agree with this. I'm not saying that it's the situation in this case but often people get hurt because of what they hoped for rather than what was on offer or agreed to.

By *he Cheeky GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Dover

Mind, they have a brain.

I agree with this. I'm not saying that it's the situation in this case but often people get hurt because of what they hoped for rather than what was on offer or agreed to. "

Fuck yes! Ppl can see what they want in a person, often not what's on offer.....

I agree with this. I'm not saying that it's the situation in this case but often people get hurt because of what they hoped for rather than what was on offer or agreed to. "

Totally agree. Was actually the subject of thread I was thinking about.. round peg, square hole.

I agree with this. I'm not saying that it's the situation in this case but often people get hurt because of what they hoped for rather than what was on offer or agreed to.

Fuck yes! Ppl can see what they want in a person, often not what's on offer..... "

Have to agree with this too. They can invent a future that just isnt happening.

Totally agree. Was actually the subject of thread I was thinking about.. round peg, square hole. "

Perv!

Totally agree. Was actually the subject of thread I was thinking about.. round peg, square hole.

Perv! "

Not that kinda pegging..

Perv!

Not that kinda pegging.. "

Just, you said hole and it made me moist....

Manchester (he/him)

Fuck yes! Ppl can see what they want in a person, often not what's on offer..... "

I think it's a case of projecting feelings and emotions onto the other person and making the evidence fit the desire.

We don't do that in any other situation in life though, we don't agree to buy a cheeseburger then complain when it's not a big mac.

Manchester (he/him)

Perv!

Not that kinda pegging..

Just, you said hole and it made me moist.... "

Yeah... A thread about pegging holes might get a different reaction than intended...

Anyway, we're derailing!

Fuck yes! Ppl can see what they want in a person, often not what's on offer.....

I think it's a case of projecting feelings and emotions onto the other person and making the evidence fit the desire.

We don't do that in any other situation in life though, we don't agree to buy a cheeseburger then complain when it's not a big mac. "

There's a lot of that on here.. people not taking responsibility for their own actions and creating situations that upset them of their own participation.

Manchester (he/him)

We don't do that in any other situation in life though, we don't agree to buy a cheeseburger then complain when it's not a big mac.

There's a lot of that on here.. people not taking responsibility for their own actions and creating situations that upset them of their own participation. "

Exactly, then blaming the other person for 'making them' feel a certain way.

There are those that wilfully lead others on and manipulate, there are others who do it to themselves. Self awareness and managing our own emotions is crucial, I think.

"We need an awakening as a race, and find out Why we always want to hurt each other "

There's a lot of that on here.. people not taking responsibility for their own actions and creating situations that upset them of their own participation.

There are those that wilfully lead others on and manipulate, there are others who do it to themselves. Self awareness and managing our own emotions is crucial, I think. "

There's a huge lack of self awareness on here sometimes. It's so easy to slate the other person for not being what you want them to be.

There are those that wilfully lead others on and manipulate, there are others who do it to themselves. Self awareness and managing our own emotions is crucial, I think.

There's a huge lack of self awareness on here sometimes. It's so easy to slate the other person for not being what you want them to be. "

I'm wherever you want me to be. Think my profile says as much....

(hope other ppl don't take it literally)

"Wow I did a thread 5 years ago inquiring into understanding a woman’s mind, that in my mind wasn’t derogatory towards women at all. I was roasted and flamed on the Forum spit. I was accused of misogyny and torn asunder in a verbal tirade. Times have changed.

ohhhhhhhhhhh can you find it for us ?"

I’ll see

By *arex2Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

By *arex2Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

This! Come on ladies..... You shouldn't be tarring us all with the same brush. That's just not how it is. If we said this kinda crap, we'd be deemed sexiist, misogynistic bastards. You're wrong.... End of!

I don't think I'm blameless in my situation at all. I also should point out it's not a fab type scenario. Men and women confuse each other all the time because communication falls down . Things are not always said that should be or things are misinterpreted.

I don't think there's a right or wrong. I'm sure if you asked my ex husband I was a complete puzzle.

I guess it's all down to experiences that we each bring to the table. Our expectations and our hopes and needs.

Sometimes people are honest with each other but perhaps not entirely with themselves.

I'm sorry if my post has offended anyone. I'm not anti men. Not even him (although right now I wish I was)

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

I have to say I have utmost respect for some of the people who have given advice. I would suggest that unfortunately it supports the usual male backlash of claiming there is an equal playing field and supporting victim blaming.

In regard to victim blaming I would be clear by distinguishing between personal responsibility and victim blaming. Civil society works on trust and that the person you are in a relationship with or intending to have a relationship is honest about their intentions. It is sad that we blame people for trusting. The fault lies entirely with the liar or abuser. It is different when someone knowingly enters into a situation with a known liar.

In terms of the backlash it is not an equal playing field between men and women. There has been a culture of 'boys will be boys' and 'a standing cock has no conscience' in society for years. These are excuses for poor male behaviour there are no similar excuses for women. There is a great sketch by Eddie Izzard about men feeling they have won by tricking women to sleep with them.

There are, I would suggest, too many men who are either desperate for sex or narcissistic, for me to feel this is a problem that is finely balanced between the genders. I say this without believing all women are perfect.

Because from an evolutionary perspective men are more likely to want to sow their seed / fuck and run. Unfortunately despite the millennia of evolutionary progress, for some their brains / social skills / sense of decency have not caught up.

Alternatively the little head overrules the big head!

» Add a new message to this topic