FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Keep Britain tidy

Keep Britain tidy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

One of my dislikes is people who discard rubbish onto the street. I've seen people throw rubbish from car windows or drop it when there's a bin handy.

I'm a smoker and never throw the butts on to the floor.

My mom would always take our rubbish home to dispose of if necessary and its stuck with me.

Do you do your bit or thoughtlessly dump it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was brought up the same and have passed it onto my kids its not as if its hard to get rid of rubbish

By *illy2018TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

For some people everything is to much trouble,especially if it's not to their advantage.

B38

"I was brought up the same and have passed it onto my kids its not as if its hard to get rid of rubbish"

How are kids supposed to learn without good examples being set. I passed it on to mine too.

B38

"For some people everything is to much trouble,especially if it's not to their advantage."

Sadly this is true. I dislike that mentality .

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

One of my massive per hates, drives me mental when I see people litter, just so unnecessary. Especially smokers! I see a sea of fag butts outside at work constantly, when the bloody bin is 2 foot away! Knock the head off, make sure it's out and in the bin it goes, takes 2 seconds.

It's a pet hate of mine, on the street, countryside, beach where ever. The amount of shall we say, disagreements I've had over the years, even had one woman threaten to put her cigarette butt out on my face

B38

"It's a pet hate of mine, on the street, countryside, beach where ever. The amount of shall we say, disagreements I've had over the years, even had one woman threaten to put her cigarette butt out on my face"

I admire that you said something because as you've found out people can be difficult when challenged.

B38

"One of my massive per hates, drives me mental when I see people litter, just so unnecessary. Especially smokers! I see a sea of fag butts outside at work constantly, when the bloody bin is 2 foot away! Knock the head off, make sure it's out and in the bin it goes, takes 2 seconds. "

It does look a bloody eyesore

A world all of his own

"One of my massive per hates, drives me mental when I see people litter, just so unnecessary. Especially smokers! I see a sea of fag butts outside at work constantly, when the bloody bin is 2 foot away! Knock the head off, make sure it's out and in the bin it goes, takes 2 seconds.

It does look a bloody eyesore"

Even if there are too many people out there and I can't be bothered interacting with them to get through (I can be quite anti social at times lol) I'll just take the butt back inside with me and throw it in the nearest bin.

B38

"One of my massive per hates, drives me mental when I see people litter, just so unnecessary. Especially smokers! I see a sea of fag butts outside at work constantly, when the bloody bin is 2 foot away! Knock the head off, make sure it's out and in the bin it goes, takes 2 seconds.

It does look a bloody eyesore

Even if there are too many people out there and I can't be bothered interacting with them to get through (I can be quite anti social at times lol) I'll just take the butt back inside with me and throw it in the nearest bin."

I do the same in both respects.

Behind a car once when a used nappy was flung out the window!

"I was brought up the same and have passed it onto my kids its not as if its hard to get rid of rubbish

How are kids supposed to learn without good examples being set. I passed it on to mine too.

"

I agree my children wouldn't dream of dropping rubbish

B38

"Behind a car once when a used nappy was flung out the window! "

What is wrong with people. I just dont get it!

Who on earth are these people who dump their rubbish all over? Beaches full of crap that people leave behind. Rubbish dumped in car parks or by the side of the road. Who do they think is going to clear it up? What the fuck is wrong with them that they think it's ok to do that?

A world all of his own

"Behind a car once when a used nappy was flung out the window! "

That's fucking minging.

B38

"Who on earth are these people who dump their rubbish all over? Beaches full of crap that people leave behind. Rubbish dumped in car parks or by the side of the road. Who do they think is going to clear it up? What the fuck is wrong with them that they think it's ok to do that? "

I have actually heard people say that they are keeping cleaners in work.

Annoys me when I see a load of kids throwing old boxes of food on the pavement when there are perfectly good bins only a few feet away. I see this all the time in Brum city centre. I think fast food restaurants should do there bit a little bit more too.

I also keep finding cigarette ends in the lift at work that look freshly smoked.

As for kids there parents wouldn't give a crap if they dropped litter. If the kids are tramps the parents most likely are too.

They've just found sweet wrappers and plastic 7 miles down in the deepest part of the oceans.. bloody tourists

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have been known to post the rubbish back through the car window.

I would bring back the stocks for things like littering and petty theft.

B38

"I have been known to post the rubbish back through the car window. "

Like it..like it a lot

B38

"They've just found sweet wrappers and plastic 7 miles down in the deepest part of the oceans.. bloody tourists"

That makes me so sad

Nope, never litter. I've been known to give a bollocking to others when I see them do it. Drives me nuts! Just hang on to it til you're near a bin ffs!

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

People bang on about plastic and the issues its causing, plastic isnt the problem its bone ideal people that cant be bothered to dispose of it properly thats the problem.

T

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

Never litter and certainly don't throw rubbish out of my car, it gets thrown into the footwells until I get home then into the right bins

"People bang on about plastic and the issues its causing, plastic isnt the problem its bone ideal people that cant be bothered to dispose of it properly thats the problem.

T"

what about people who've had plastic surgery?

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

I heard one explanation from a man in London, "I drop it on the street so others can have job cleaning it"

not sure if that's the way to think but here you go

Annabelle I once tried to throw a boomerang away but it didn't work what am I doing wrong. It's left me absolutely distraught and I will probably need counseling. The shop I bought it from swore that I couldn't return it..

B38

"Annabelle I once tried to throw a boomerang away but it didn't work what am I doing wrong. It's left me absolutely distraught and I will probably need counseling. The shop I bought it from swore that I couldn't return it.. "

Could it be your technique I wonder

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

I also hate people who drop eaten chewing gum on the pavement rather than putting it in a tissue and dropping it in the nearest bin and even worse irresponsible owners who let their dogs crap everywhere.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Preaching to childhood indoctrinated. Littering is one of my pet hates.

By *illing2016Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

My little remedy for people who do not pick up their dog mess works better during the darker months (so its not easy to spot).

Collect said dog crap in a plastic bag

Follow the dog owner home.

Wait until its dark.

Smear said dog crap over their drivers door handle.

"I also hate people who drop eaten chewing gum on the pavement rather than putting it in a tissue and dropping it in the nearest bin and even worse irresponsible owners who let their dogs crap everywhere. "
but even dafter is some dog walkers on a country lane where I walk ..pick the dog poo up in a bag..yes, but then hang the bag from a branch or throw the bag on the grass..might as well leave the dog poo on the grass as do that, at least the rain will clear it or will rot down. can't in a sealed bag.. very odd practice..And there's a dog mess bin on same path.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What really pisses me off is people who have a McDonalds/Greggs or a takeaway of any description then leave their rubbish on the bench when there is a perfectly placed bin less than 2 yards away

Absolutely won't drop litter. Gets my goat big time.

*insert rage face*

P

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

Keep Britain tidy used to have offices near where I live. The staff used to stand outside smoking and flicking their cigarette buts on the floor...

Always put my rubbish in the bin and been brought up with good morals.

B38

I wondered if anyone would be honest enough to admit they drop their rubbish and reason why. Lead by example to youngsters I say , which will hopefully lead to good habits further on. I'd like to thank my amazing mom for this...bless her.

Sat in McDonald's in the car park eating when I encountered a car full of chavs empty their waste out the windows when the driver was in arms length of a bin through his window !

No scruff it up then aliens wont want it

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I wondered if anyone would be honest enough to admit they drop their rubbish and reason why. Lead by example to youngsters I say , which will hopefully lead to good habits further on. I'd like to thank my amazing mom for this...bless her."

Yes I do. If I'm sat on a bench, which I sometimes do to make a roll up, then I will ask children to put their litter in the bin, they usually do, with a big smile on their faces, that makes me happy

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

It is somthing that really annoys me. I have even wrote to the cancel to request more bins in certain streets where I live to actually make it easier for lazy people to actually dispose of their rubbish. I live local to a school and a train station so lots of foot traffic but in a wide radius of these streets there is actually only two public bins it amazes me.

B38

"It is somthing that really annoys me. I have even wrote to the cancel to request more bins in certain streets where I live to actually make it easier for lazy people to actually dispose of their rubbish. I live local to a school and a train station so lots of foot traffic but in a wide radius of these streets there is actually only two public bins it amazes me. "

I think once some people see rubbish being discarded it makes it somehow ok to add to it which is a real shame.

By *illy2018TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Sat in McDonald's in the car park eating when I encountered a car full of chavs empty their waste out the windows when the driver was in arms length of a bin through his window !

Think I would bin the food and save the packaging

» Add a new message to this topic