FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > kindle

kindle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im having a kindle for my birthday and been looking at all the free books there is also a book that you can get which tells you how to access all the free kindle books. Do you all take advantage of the free books

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

"Im having a kindle for my birthday and been looking at all the free books there is also a book that you can get which tells you how to access all the free kindle books. Do you all take advantage of the free books"

Yes! Mr shields bought me one for Christmas. I have paid for a few books but most are the free ones. The kindle shop actually has a free book section. Enjoy your birthday present - I love my kindle

"Im having a kindle for my birthday and been looking at all the free books there is also a book that you can get which tells you how to access all the free kindle books. Do you all take advantage of the free books

Yes! Mr shields bought me one for Christmas. I have paid for a few books but most are the free ones. The kindle shop actually has a free book section. Enjoy your birthday present - I love my kindle "

yes i saw that and ive just googled and its told you a list of other sites where you can get free books from, think im going to spend more time getting books than reading them lol

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The main one is Project Gutenberg. They have loads of free books, whereas Amazon only shows a few and you really have to search for them. Having said that, Amazon does loads of offers and cheap books (99p!) which does me fine.

I love my Kindle. Its fab!

"The main one is Project Gutenberg. They have loads of free books, whereas Amazon only shows a few and you really have to search for them. Having said that, Amazon does loads of offers and cheap books (99p!) which does me fine.

I love my Kindle. Its fab! "

I wasnt sure if i wanted one at christmas cause i love my books, but people i know who love their books who have now got one says they are brilliant. One of the best things for me is to be able to alter the font as some books i find difficult to read if they are not the right font

"The main one is Project Gutenberg. They have loads of free books, whereas Amazon only shows a few and you really have to search for them. Having said that, Amazon does loads of offers and cheap books (99p!) which does me fine.

I wasnt sure if i wanted one at christmas cause i love my books, but people i know who love their books who have now got one says they are brilliant. One of the best things for me is to be able to alter the font as some books i find difficult to read if they are not the right font"

I travel a lot and it's going to save on having to take books away with me. I took 4 books to Greece last year and read them all with time to spare. The Kindle is going to make that so much easier.

I still buy books though!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i got my daughter a kindle for xmas and it broke in less than a week so i dont really have much good to say about them lol

I wasnt sure if i wanted one at christmas cause i love my books, but people i know who love their books who have now got one says they are brilliant. One of the best things for me is to be able to alter the font as some books i find difficult to read if they are not the right font

I travel a lot and it's going to save on having to take books away with me. I took 4 books to Greece last year and read them all with time to spare. The Kindle is going to make that so much easier.

I still buy books though! "

Ive got 100's and 10's of books here im waiting to sort out. I want to see if i can get some order on the kindle so that i will be able to find what ive got on there unlike my book cupboard lol

"i got my daughter a kindle for xmas and it broke in less than a week so i dont really have much good to say about them lol"

My Mum got one and it was broke in the box. So we sent it back and they sorted it pretty quick. Best thing to do is return it for a replacement or refund.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

im not sure about getting a kindle,i love the feel of books,and you cant turn the corner down on the page

Billy got me mine for christmas! wouldn't be without it

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I dont have a kindle. I love the idea of the portability of one, but I dont even like reading large documents from a computer screen so I dont think Id like reading a book on one.

[Removed by poster at 15/02/12 18:29:16]

Love my E-reader! I was unsure to start as I love the physical action of turning pages but I soon got used to it and now I wouldn't be without it!

It's so much easier to have full access to all your books on one slim, lightweight machine

I love my Kindle, have had it over 12months and had no issues with it. If you are on a certain social networking site there are a few pages you can 'like' that list all the free books and special offers for the Kindle books, one of them is the offical page, and another really good one is Kindleuk-tips&tricks. Hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I do mine

"Love my E-reader! I was unsure to start as I love the physical action of turning pages but I soon got used to it and now I wouldn't be without it!

It's so much easier to have full access to all your books on one slim, lightweight machine "

I actually forget its not a book sometimes and lift my hand to turn the page. D'oh!

Boldon

"im not sure about getting a kindle,i love the feel of books,and you cant turn the corner down on the page "

The kindle automatically saves where ur at - plus if you 'put that book down' and start reading another, when you go back to the original one, ur back at where you left off!

Torrent sites have millions of books for free and they can also be read on an ordinary pc.

I prefer real books to kindles as they don't need batteries

Boldon

"Torrent sites have millions of books for free and they can also be read on an ordinary pc.

I prefer real books to kindles as they don't need batteries "

The kindle, once charged can last between one and two months before needing to be recharged through either the mains or through usb

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"im not sure about getting a kindle,i love the feel of books,and you cant turn the corner down on the page "

oh my god that is pure sacrilege

"Im having a kindle for my birthday and been looking at all the free books there is also a book that you can get which tells you how to access all the free kindle books. Do you all take advantage of the free books"

I am impressed with what I have seen so will be getting one soon.

"Love my E-reader! I was unsure to start as I love the physical action of turning pages but I soon got used to it and now I wouldn't be without it!

It's so much easier to have full access to all your books on one slim, lightweight machine

I actually forget its not a book sometimes and lift my hand to turn the page. D'oh! "

I've been guilty of this too, especially when I'm really into the book

Had my kindle a few years now, love it, and im never without it, i have a huge library now, happy to email books to people just let me know what authors you like.

kat x x

Well thanks to this thread I've just downloaded 20 new books. All free!!

"Had my kindle a few years now, love it, and im never without it, i have a huge library now, happy to email books to people just let me know what authors you like.

kat x x"

Thats a really good idea! I have a significant number of books (fantasy horror and sci fi) if anybody has a request and i have it, i will happily email a copy too

» Add a new message to this topic