FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > £50 billion

£50 billion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *PIUM75 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clapham Junction

I start by commending the PM for allowing this amount been pumped into the economy, but there are more questions than answers. Please can anyone tell me how the money injected will help growth in a society where the only commoditiy been produced are services, while the government keeps cutting on all fronts. Yes there will be more money for individuals to borrow etc, but the problem will arise when payments are missed by the individuals or coporate organisations (we know its inevitable). My opinion is to stop cuts in the public sector, while encouraging and putting into place the revival of the manufacturing sector as this is the only way to bring proper growth. I stand corrected though

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Does anyone for one minute the trillion national debt will be resolved ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I could'nt read the post as this is the second 3D avatar ive see this week and its distracting

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Which avatar ?

Forum Mod

The OPs

"I could'nt read the post as this is the second 3D avatar ive see this week and its distracting "
lol

The Quantative Easing (printing money exercise) is designed to add liquidity to the markets by giving the banks a chance to lend money.

It's not designed to get money directly to the population.

Incidentaly, the Politicians don';t have anything to do with this action, it was taken by the Bank of England Monetary Policy Comitee, which is (thanks to Gordon Brown) indipendent of political control.

It won't do anything to reduce inflation and (IMHO) won't have a significant effect on growth.

Clapham Junction

Oh well they keep saying the government does have control over this things, but what happened to executive powers? Autonomy or no autonomy we all are aware how this things work. You & i know indirectly that the policies of this government is anti-people. They are only trying to pass the buck & not taking responsibility for their failed fiscal policies. They promised that they will get the economy back on track etc, but what we see is increase in unemployment (18,000) in london alone in January. They do not have a clue & if only we stuck to the last governments fiscal policies of gradual introduction of cuts (Not the drastic cuts) guess we all will be better off. Again i stand corrected

Clapham Junction

Lol to the 3D avatar

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

after the fury of xmas, work ALWAYS drops off in january and feb, so no ownder there is a rise in unemployment, its just a case of riding it until things pick up in march/april.

as for failed fiscal policies, the 'peoples government' didnt do better, as actually did a whole load worse by not preparing us for the worse and putting some aside, but hey, dont let the truth get in the way of sensationalising things and blaming a tory government (18 months/2 years compared to 14 years of labliar dont forget and at least when they ousted Major they inherited an economy on the way up)

"after the fury of xmas, work ALWAYS drops off in january and feb, so no ownder there is a rise in unemployment, its just a case of riding it until things pick up in march/april.

as for failed fiscal policies, the 'peoples government' didnt do better, as actually did a whole load worse by not preparing us for the worse and putting some aside, but hey, dont let the truth get in the way of sensationalising things and blaming a tory government (18 months/2 years compared to 14 years of labliar dont forget and at least when they ousted Major they inherited an economy on the way up)"

True the ecconomy was on the way up, but very slowly. Also the Labour Government managed quite astutely to avoid the worst of the .com buble, which sent most of the rest of the developed world into recesion.

Majour could not have done much worse than magies government with 2 major recesions in the first 3 years, millions on the dole throughout the decade and another major recesion in '88 - '89. She also left a bigger defecit when she left than when she got in. Ass did major, whilst signing up to most of the EU legeslation which people moan about now (any one remember Maastricht?)

mullinwire

"after the fury of xmas, work ALWAYS drops off in january and feb, so no ownder there is a rise in unemployment, its just a case of riding it until things pick up in march/april.

as for failed fiscal policies, the 'peoples government' didnt do better, as actually did a whole load worse by not preparing us for the worse and putting some aside, but hey, dont let the truth get in the way of sensationalising things and blaming a tory government (18 months/2 years compared to 14 years of labliar dont forget and at least when they ousted Major they inherited an economy on the way up) True the ecconomy was on the way up, but very slowly. Also the Labour Government managed quite astutely to avoid the worst of the .com buble, which sent most of the rest of the developed world into recesion.

Majour could not have done much worse than magies government with 2 major recesions in the first 3 years, millions on the dole throughout the decade and another major recesion in '88 - '89. She also left a bigger defecit when she left than when she got in. Ass did major, whilst signing up to most of the EU legeslation which people moan about now (any one remember Maastricht?)"

dont talk about europe when defending labour.

hardly covered themselves in glory on that one, tbh

"dont talk about europe when defending labour.

hardly covered themselves in glory on that one, tbh"

As opposted to whom? The Tories who took us in there in the first place?

mullinwire

As opposted to whom? The Tories who took us in there in the first place?"

was a reasonable proposition in the first instance, until they all started bastardising it and looking after themselves (mind, not really much of a suprise. european domination by the backdoor, hey? now, if only adolf had of tried that in the first place....)

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

tony bliar claimed his greatest achievement was signing up for the human billl of rights,great money spinner for the bliar family for sure as the wicked witch made plenty in courts from this.

As opposted to whom? The Tories who took us in there in the first place?

was a reasonable proposition in the first instance, until they all started bastardising it and looking after themselves (mind, not really much of a suprise. european domination by the backdoor, hey? now, if only adolf had of tried that in the first place....)"

Well there's one in the eye for Heath. European integration was integeral from the start of the EEC in the 50's (when we were invited to join, hardly suprising De Gaul subbed us twice when we snubbed the first invitation).

As opposted to whom? The Tories who took us in there in the first place?"

Just how do you think Island Britain would have survived economically isolated from Europe? I believe it is innevitable that we'll be spending the Euro over here at some point, probably as a dual currency initially, but I thank the heavens that successive Tory AND Labour govts kept us out of the single currency as they knew how corrupt the qualifying criteria for getting in was/is. France & Germany set the rules for joining the Euro and then subsequently were the first to set aside those rules because their own balance books didn't add up.

This recession will have some positive outcomes and the situation in Greece has been extremely educating in terms of what can happen when it all goes wrong. Euro leaders will have learned from that and what will emerge is a much more stable currency. (I know I predicted the collapse of the Euro some time ago but given that Greece has basically said, "fuck you to your required austerity measures, we'll come up with our own," and the EU has accepted that, I think the EU will do anything to assure the Euro's survival).

No, Britain would be foolhardy to try and go it alone and I'm sure there are many Europeans rubbing their hands with glee in anticipation of sticking one up to the Brits should we decide to leave the EU altogether, one only has to see how Cameron was viewed after he vetoed an EU-wide treaty change last year to see how much continental Europe dislikes the UK.

mullinwire

but was soon allied by the czech goevernment (i think) as they realised what was agreed wasnt worth the ink

Clapham Junction

I say a well written analysis. Russia is able to stand alone based on the abundance of natural resources, but in an economy that thrives mainly on tax from within united we stand was the only option. The need to open up its borders to make the system work properly (workforce to help pay for all the dependants which was on the increase during the period). I guess most people never asked why, hence it just did not make any sense to them. No nation or country is an island in this small global village called the world.

» Add a new message to this topic