FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Game of thrones *spoilers* part 3

Game of thrones *spoilers* part 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

time to open a new one..... you people who haven't watched enter at your own risk...

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Copy/pasting my last post from the last thread across not because I'm being lazy, but think there were some valid points worthy of discussion

Was in response to the suggestion that the last couple of episodes have been poorly written and raising points about Dany being able to see Yuron's fleet from the air as well as how the goodbye to Ghost thing was treated:

I'm not sure poorly written is the issue, and I enjoyed it as I said above, but I *do* think they are trying to cram far too much in because it's the last series, and some scenes feel a little "shoe horned" as a result - for instance the thing with Bronn appearing out of nowhere for a brief scene with Jamie and Tyrion that was a little too neat and compact rather than having any tension etc and then he disappears again, probably not to be seen any more.

Likewise the whole Jamie/Brienne thing which I think was unnecessary and felt a little clunky.

Was almost like they were trying to cram the various "goodbyes" from popular characters in (e.g Tormund, Samwell and Gilly) so it didn't feel natural.

The Ghost thing is another example - the last time we saw him was heading off in the charge with the Dothraki and Jorah last week - he wasn't seen coming back, and yet here he is this week unscathed.

I thought that about Dany being able to see Yuron's fleet from the air, will have to watch again, but it was hidden behind a bluff so it's possible it might not have been visible - however all Dany needed to do was circle round and come in from the rear of the fleet to take it out.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What are your sources for spoilers ? I, for one, enjoy reading them.

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

"What are your sources for spoilers ? I, for one, enjoy reading them."

I listen to the Storm of Spoilers podcast. They have a non-spoiler and spoiler section so you don't have to listen to spoilers if you don't want to.

I’ll send you how the season ends if you like

Sitting up till 2am each week to watch the episode at the same time as the US!!

The intention of the thread is to allow discussion of what has been broadcast officially *not* things that have been leaked

"What are your sources for spoilers ? I, for one, enjoy reading them.

I’ll send you how the season ends if you like "

Please. And I’ll have a blowjob too if that’s ok

I’ll send you how the season ends if you like

Please. And I’ll have a blowjob too if that’s ok"

Both on their way

The intention of the thread is to allow discussion of what has been broadcast officially *not* things that have been leaked "

I’m not asking them to be shared in the thread, I understand and respect some people don’t want to know. I do, it doesn’t spoil the viewing pleasure for me

The intention of the thread is to allow discussion of what has been broadcast officially *not* things that have been leaked

I’m not asking them to be shared in the thread, I understand and respect some people don’t want to know. I do, it doesn’t spoil the viewing pleasure for me"

Apologies if that came across wrong - not my intent at all

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Greyworm is not a happy chappy obviously.

Jamie is off to have it out with euron,more than likely catch up with the hound and Arya at some point and they will have a battle royale hound Vs mountain Jamie Vs euron arya Vs anyone who gets in her way of killing cersi.

However the biggest plot leak for me was sansa saying about watching cersie being executed.

Is this a promise of things to come.

I still stand by my prediction of gendry and arya being left as king and queen despite his rather hasty proposal and awkwardness of being turned down.

I think that's because Arya is on a suicide mission and she doesn't want to become emotionally attached.

I think sansa still has a huge part to play yet.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"time to open a new one..... you people who haven't watched enter at your own risk... "

Thanks for opening the thread, I only got around to watching it this afternoon. There's a hell of a lot to take in, pretty much all exposition and plot points now. It seems like everyone is either leaving or getting their final motivation.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Burn them all!!!

Anyone see the take away coffee cup on the Table in the opening scenes of the banquet

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyone see the take away coffee cup on the Table in the opening scenes of the banquet "

i had heard everyone talking about the "coffee cup" all day...

had to watch it 3 times to get it!!!....

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I didn't notice it but just seen it online so will gave to go back and watch it again to look.

They had 2 years. They made 6 episodes, and from what I've seen so far most of them have been very badly written.

Bad writing number 1:

What kind of fucking sense does it make to try and SAIL to dragonstone when Yuron OWNS THE SEA. (A halfwit like Hodor would know that's a horrible idea).

Bad writing number 2:

Let's stand in front of Cersei's fully armed walls with the dragon and Danearys exposed to it all without any protection, knowing full well she doesn't keep her word.

Bad writing number 3:

Why not just kill the last dragon and danearys when you have the chance to do it so easily as you have already declared war to the death.

Sorry but this season's writing is so bad it's hard to watch

"Anyone see the take away coffee cup on the Table in the opening scenes of the banquet

i had heard everyone talking about the "coffee cup" all day...

had to watch it 3 times to get it!!!.... "

didn't see it 1st time ourselves but went back to look

couple, us we him her.

So forgetting theories and the like.

If YOU could choose and ending to suit your own taste what would it be??

By *aughty_but_n1ceWoman  over a year ago

North London

"Copy/pasting my last post from the last thread across not because I'm being lazy, but think there were some valid points worthy of discussion

Was in response to the suggestion that the last couple of episodes have been poorly written and raising points about Dany being able to see Yuron's fleet from the air as well as how the goodbye to Ghost thing was treated:

I'm not sure poorly written is the issue, and I enjoyed it as I said above, but I *do* think they are trying to cram far too much in because it's the last series, and some scenes feel a little "shoe horned" as a result - for instance the thing with Bronn appearing out of nowhere for a brief scene with Jamie and Tyrion that was a little too neat and compact rather than having any tension etc and then he disappears again, probably not to be seen any more.

Likewise the whole Jamie/Brienne thing which I think was unnecessary and felt a little clunky.

Was almost like they were trying to cram the various "goodbyes" from popular characters in (e.g Tormund, Samwell and Gilly) so it didn't feel natural.

The Ghost thing is another example - the last time we saw him was heading off in the charge with the Dothraki and Jorah last week - he wasn't seen coming back, and yet here he is this week unscathed.

I thought that about Dany being able to see Yuron's fleet from the air, will have to watch again, but it was hidden behind a bluff so it's possible it might not have been visible - however all Dany needed to do was circle round and come in from the rear of the fleet to take it out."

I think Ghost was the first to come running back from the Dothraki charge... it was kinda dark so hard to say for sure... but it sure sounded like he ran back past them... and then we saw Jorrah ride back! But Jon was out of order not to at least say bye to Ghost. Poor baby.

"So forgetting theories and the like.

If YOU could choose and ending to suit your own taste what would it be??"

Ideally; Jon and Dany on the throne. Arya and Gendry ruling together, raising a lil army of fighters. Sansa ruling the north, with a husband of her choosing (Jon will ‘choose’ but she will have all the say) if she wants one. I ultimately think she will want children and a husband, but not for a while.

Tyrion as hand. Sam and Gilly to have a wonderful wedding. Bronn to get his castle and his wife and gold. Jaime will retire, and stay far away from all the drama and politics. Brienne to maybe either stay with him, or become Jon and Dany’s protector as she’s now a knight. Bran to go live in a cave near Jon and Dany so he can be an adviser.

Or, if Stannis were alive; Stannis for king! Dany and Jon given lands and playing a big part in everything. But man, Stannis was brilliant. Especially book Stannis. Just nobody found him likeable

But I know what happens. A girl can dream

Ideally; Jon and Dany on the throne. Arya and Gendry ruling together, raising a lil army of fighters. Sansa ruling the north, with a husband of her choosing (Jon will ‘choose’ but she will have all the say) if she wants one. I ultimately think she will want children and a husband, but not for a while.

Tyrion as hand. Sam and Gilly to have a wonderful wedding. Bronn to get his castle and his wife and gold. Jaime will retire, and stay far away from all the drama and politics. Brienne to maybe either stay with him, or become Jon and Dany’s protector as she’s now a knight. Bran to go live in a cave near Jon and Dany so he can be an adviser.

Or, if Stannis were alive; Stannis for king! Dany and Jon given lands and playing a big part in everything. But man, Stannis was brilliant. Especially book Stannis. Just nobody found him likeable

But I know what happens. A girl can dream "

Cersei dying after trying to burn kingslanding with wildfire. But before she dies I want her to give birth and die after childbirth. Would be ironic if she gave birth to a dwarf and died; she always blames Tyrion for her mother’s death. And her younger brother is supposed to kill her. Jaime would be killing her; he got her pregnant. Euron eaten by a dragon (anyone seen the theory about next episode?).

But I know what happens. A girl can dream

Cersei dying after trying to burn kingslanding with wildfire. But before she dies I want her to give birth and die after childbirth. Would be ironic if she gave birth to a dwarf and died; she always blames Tyrion for her mother’s death. And her younger brother is supposed to kill her. Jaime would be killing her; he got her pregnant. Euron eaten by a dragon (anyone seen the theory about next episode?). "

Davos as an adviser but give him somewhere he can rule as well. He’ll want to live a quiet life.

couple, us we him her.

Right Throans fan's.

Fantasy.

If you could be any character who would it be and why ???

"Right Throans fan's.

Fantasy.

If you could be any character who would it be and why ???"

Podrick because the whore of Westeros give him his money back

By *arahtvTV/TS  over a year ago

dublin

dany will die

sansa will be queen

arya will disappear as will the hound

cersie dead at the hands of jamie and he’ll kill himself

varys dead

tyrion dead

jon goes beyond the wall to be with tormund

discuss

couple, us we him her.

What about gendry?

50 minutes until the penultimate episode- so bumping in readiness - expecting a few more key deaths and have heard whispers of maybe dragons (plural)

Well that all went a bit batshit crazy!! More disaster movie than anything.

Farewell to more beloved (and not so beloved) characters.

Can't help but feel though that this last series has been a little rushed and they've tried to cram too much in.

I’m traumatised after watching that

By *Cocksucker84Man  over a year ago

newcastle

If they put Jon on the throne it'll be so depressing. He's likeable but as interesting as old toast. He's also been useless the last couple of seasons. I actually ended up sympathising with Dany which is never a good sign when she's become such a villain. That whole thing has been rushed as well though. We've had hints it could happen but she's had every person around her betray her. When you break down some of the things she did before season 8 though, it's not far from what every other leader or king has already done. Her descent into madness isn't unbelievable but they've rushed it and they've given her so much shit to stoke the flames (pardon the pun) rather than let it happen organically.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

"Well that all went a bit batshit crazy!! More disaster movie than anything.

Farewell to more beloved (and not so beloved) characters.

Can't help but feel though that this last series has been a little rushed and they've tried to cram too much in."

Absolutely...its all far too rushed...and the decent into madness too forced! But it's clear who's next on Arya's list!

Newcastle and Gateshead

well .... errm... that was..... yeah

would the words for this episode be "drawn in but disappointed"....

I think we all realised dany was going to go "batshit crazy".... but still.....

Well I've just watched it and hated every minute of it. I was screaming at the TV I hope to god arya kills dany now. I even felt sorry for cersei

"Well I've just watched it and hated every minute of it. I was screaming at the TV I hope to god arya kills dany now. I even felt sorry for cersei"

Shame {rings bell} Shame {rings bell}

Shame {rings bell}

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

As a cinematic spectacle that episode was amazing and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. There's nothing else on TV which comes anywhere close ... but yes, the story itself was far far too rushed as really this whole season has been. I *love* GoT, have watched right from the start and have read all the books on which it's based so it pains me to complain.

But there's been so much 'action' off screen which is then conveyed to us via the script whereas in the earlier seasons we'd have seen it. Important stuff, incidents worthy of screen time such as Sansa and Ayra being told about Jon's true identity and their reactions to that, or, last night, Jaime being captured. There's lots more too.

What's really disappointed and saddened me though is how various character arcs which have been carefully built up over years have now been concluded in the blink of an eye which makes their stories less believable. Dany's descent into madness for one ... yes, there's always been hints and yes, she's arguably at rock bottom now but all along she's been the breaker of chains rather than a tyrant per se. She has perhaps acted rashly before but wholesale massacre and a declaration to rule by fear .... really? So quickly? Despite all her loss and trauma this should have been a more gradual transformation, with much more of a palpable struggle between good and evil. And for someone desperate to rule, would she really obliterate the capital like that? Varys' fate too .... he was the ultimate spymaster, the 'spider'. Not much got past him, he knew everything, had fingers in many pies and he *knew* how to play that game, how to stay safe, how to obtain and pass on information. To my mind, it's out of character to act in ways which would jeopardise both his personal safety and the future of the realm he'd spent a lifetime trying to protect. Perhaps you could argue that he decided to be visibly treasonous because he needed Tyrion and Jon to see the risk but again, that happened too quickly and too obviously for me ... particularly when Varys had survived several previous kings he was working against over a far longer period ....

... and finally you have Jaime, whose character had been on a very clear redemption arc, returning to Cersei. Not to kill her as we suspected/hoped he might - because she deserved it and because it fulfilled the prophecy of her dying at a 'little brother's' hands ... but because, despite everything, he still had that twin/lover bond with her and wanted to rescue her, reassure her, save their baby etc. That grated most of all with me. He had changed *so* much since we first encountered him and after rejecting her to travel North, seemed to have finally become as good a man as you ever get on GoT. Then there was the whole Brienne thing. And next minute he's rushing back to Cersei - for love, as it turned out. Again, for me, that was too far out of character for the man he now was. To have gone back to her like *that*, there surely should have been far more personal struggle and angst involved. And honestly, regardless of them dying together, being squashed by the fall of the Red Keep seemed something of an ignominious end for them both ... she deserved to die for all she'd done of course, but it would have been far more satisfying directly at the hands of someone seeking revenge. I suppose, at a stretch, you could argue that her 'little brother' brought her to the place she'd die and was therefore indirectly responsible but that's a bit of a cop out for the prophecy which has been regularly highlighted. And Jaime should have gone out in a blaze of glory, fighting for good in some way which would have been far more fitting.

So now, it's pretty damn obvious that Dany isn't fit to rule and I think the final episode has been very clearly set up. Dany will now be public enemy no. 1 and it's just a question of who, exactly, from an exceptionally small pool of likely characters, will seal her fate. She may well claim the Iron Throne but it'll be a very temporary victory. As for who replaces her, I have a nasty feeling about that. Nasty, because if my suspicions are right, it'll be another rushed conclusion which would feel more acceptable and natural had there been deeper character development. Then again, fans have been warned time and again about a bittersweet ending ... I originally took that to mean that various fan favourites wouldn't survive but I think it's going to feel bittersweet because what could have been utterly amazing and truly epic with a little more time will end up feeling a little like a final season 'by numbers'. The last season also suffered from too little time in my opinion whereas I never once felt that with the first six, nor did anything jar (like character development, logistics of travel etc).

I shall be very interested to see what happens if and when the last two books in the Song of Ice and Fire are finally published (please god don't let George R R Martin die anytime soon). In my mind I've kind of decided that TV Game of Thrones and book GoT are two seperate universes, with some parallels obviously but otherwise distinct. I'm hoping there'll be a lot more detail regarding the decisions certain characters make, if indeed they're the same decisions at all of course ....

I am kind of dreading the final episode now. Not because of 'shocks' but because I think many fans will feel short changed by arguably poor writing and/or unbelievable timescales. I just don't think there's any way the whole story can be brought to a satisfactory end in a manner befitting most of what's gone before in the time that's left sadly.

Though on the plus side, 'Cleganebowl' hit exactly the right note and I was touched to see Sandor going out knowing that he was respected and valued by Ayra. How sadly ironic he ends falling into the flames by taking the hateful Mountain down!

"Well I've just watched it and hated every minute of it. I was screaming at the TV I hope to god arya kills dany now. I even felt sorry for cersei"
mad queen eh

Cligane bowl was a bust 2 perfect setting reminded me of highlander but meh wasted

I’m gutted that all the leaks have came true so far. Bring on next week...

Limbo

"I’m gutted that all the leaks have came true so far. Bring on next week... "

Umm yes, which is why I'm dreading the final episode

"I’m gutted that all the leaks have came true so far. Bring on next week...

Umm yes, which is why I'm dreading the final episode "

Just watched it....it was a good episode, but seems all, all so rushed and some choices just don’t make sense...Jamie’s arc makes no sense at all....from ‘turning good’ to running off to die with his sister, to Dany suddenly becoming the ‘big bad’ of the end....they needed more episodes. Even one of Dany finally being on the throne and going mad with power...it’s all rush, rush, rush and feels like they’ve gone through a checklist of who should die and when, without much rhyme or reason to it....

I’ve read the spoilers and glad I did now...means my expectations are very low for next week.

It’s been ‘fine’ this season and no personal issues with who has died and why, but the my reasoning behind the characters actions make little sense....feel very underwhelmed....It’s the last season of LOST all over again....just watching it because I was so invested in these characters and journies, but slogging through it because of a sense of ‘Ive gotten this far, May as well see it through now’...

Which is gutting because it’s still visually amazing, but character development and reasoning for their actions has been non-existent....gutting, but one more episode to go and we all move on with our lives I guess!!

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Just watched it....it was a good episode, but seems all, all so rushed and some choices just don’t make sense...Jamie’s arc makes no sense at all....from ‘turning good’ to running off to die with his sister, to Dany suddenly becoming the ‘big bad’ of the end....they needed more episodes. Even one of Dany finally being on the throne and going mad with power...it’s all rush, rush, rush and feels like they’ve gone through a checklist of who should die and when, without much rhyme or reason to it....

I’ve read the spoilers and glad I did now...means my expectations are very low for next week.

It’s been ‘fine’ this season and no personal issues with who has died and why, but the my reasoning behind the characters actions make little sense....feel very underwhelmed....It’s the last season of LOST all over again....just watching it because I was so invested in these characters and journies, but slogging through it because of a sense of ‘Ive gotten this far, May as well see it through now’...

Which is gutting because it’s still visually amazing, but character development and reasoning for their actions has been non-existent....gutting, but one more episode to go and we all move on with our lives I guess!!"

Yeah game of thrones could have gone down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time but this last season as ruined the past 7 seasons as its been a bit of a shit show and writing has been all over the place and bit of a mess.

Been watching loads of video reviews of it and the Got forums on reddit and most people are very underwhelmed and unhappy with the direction of season 8.

As you said it feels very rushed and some of the logic in the decisions just make no sense.

Such a waste of an amazing show.

I could never go back and watch this show ever again knowing how it all ends.

"Just watched it....it was a good episode, but seems all, all so rushed and some choices just don’t make sense...Jamie’s arc makes no sense at all....from ‘turning good’ to running off to die with his sister, to Dany suddenly becoming the ‘big bad’ of the end....they needed more episodes. Even one of Dany finally being on the throne and going mad with power...it’s all rush, rush, rush and feels like they’ve gone through a checklist of who should die and when, without much rhyme or reason to it....

Which is gutting because it’s still visually amazing, but character development and reasoning for their actions has been non-existent....gutting, but one more episode to go and we all move on with our lives I guess!!

Yeah game of thrones could have gone down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time but this last season as ruined the past 7 seasons as its been a bit of a shit show and writing has been all over the place and bit of a mess.

Been watching loads of video reviews of it and the Got forums on reddit and most people are very underwhelmed and unhappy with the direction of season 8.

As you said it feels very rushed and some of the logic in the decisions just make no sense.

Such a waste of an amazing show.

I could never go back and watch this show ever again knowing how it all ends.

"

100% with you...this was going to be the greatest of all time and probably would have binge watched it from beginning to end...now, I’ll watch it next week and that’s it for me (will give the prequels a chance though)...it’s LOST for me...was great at the beginning, but just want it to end now...Breaking Bad is definitely back to the greatest minders show from beginning to end now!!

LFV has it perfectly further up - cinematic spectacle yes - well thought out and scripted fitting penultimate episode definitely not - and that can be said for most of this series to be honest.

They've gone from intriguing, suspenseful, shocking and keeping you guessing to clichéd, telegraphed, crammed in and the kind of fodder you'd expect from a disaster movie in one foul swoop.

Some of the gripes are already covered much better than I can above- but to add a couple more, Arya's flight at the end was totally action movie stuff where the hero walks away pretty much unscathed despite everyone around her perishing - much as I love the character it would have been far more in keeping with the rest of the series if she'd perished too.

Another is the disappearance of Tyrion once the "battle" commenced - he's a key player who has/had something to prove yet he didn't feature in any way.

Whilst I've loved the series and will probably re-watch it again at some point - there's a pervading sense of "B- could have been better" as it draws to a close.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Someone else described it perfectly

Absolutely epic, breathtaking, visually stunning..... and without doubt the worst episode of the entire series

I quite liked this episode, alas it is the worst season

"Someone else described it perfectly

Absolutely epic, breathtaking, visually stunning..... and without doubt the worst episode of the entire series

"

As a pure switch your brain off and forget about it spectacle, it was all those things and more, in the context of the entire series and the clever scriptwriting and twists, turns and intrigue it's almost like all that was undone in one episode.

By *arahtvTV/TS  over a year ago

dublin

it’s been described perfectly in some of the previous posts

but episode by episode

parts 1&2 people just getting back together again

part 3 far too long spent on the battles that no one could see as it was too dark

part 4 aftermath and tidying up but with a good cliff hanger

and last nights well

not enough time for the story and character arcs visually stunning but a poor end for some of the characters

roll on next week and let’s see how they finish this

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

[Removed by poster at 13/05/19 19:55:09]

North Bucks

When they set out on the road with such heavyweights as Charles Dance and Sean Bean who would have thought it would end up such a bloated mess?

Too reliant on trying to be epic.

couple, us we him her.

Well what to say that hasn't already been said.

Obviously Jon and wiggly worm will have it out hence the dirty looks between them.

I really hope that they haven't made the whole Arya killing dany thing so obvious.

I'd like to think that Tyrian will be the one to take her out Jamie style.

I think it's very obvious that sansa will be last one standing after Jon decides to go north of the wall and see he days out there in isolation ensuring that the targarian bloodline ends with him.

And lady Brian will be her hand.

Arya will bugger off with gendry.

And the dragon will have a relationship with a t Rex.

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 13/05/19 20:01:17]

North Bucks

Clegane Bowl was not a fitting end that’s for sure.

couple, us we him her.

"Clegane Bowl was not a fitting end that’s for sure. "

Tbh I think it wasn't that bad, rather than it being an all out gladiator style fight it went well.

The hound battle weary and burdened with a life of killing, trying to take out his older brother, it's obvious that during the fight there is nothing left of what was his brother, he was basically a zombie.

I think the fight was a fitting end for both of them.

The hound went out with his dignity.

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple  over a year ago

coventry

I loved it who will kill the mad queen just like her grandpa

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I got up at daft o'clock as I was so excited and I feel kind of disappointed. Almost conned. It was all very convenient. Definately an anti climax. Hopefully next week's final episode will delver... I'm not sure what!? But I need somthing.

On a positive note, I like the Clegane story end.

#riphound

I think it's been pretty great - if not a little rushed. Could have done with a few more episodes to flesh out Dany's dark turn

It's definitely been hinted at, and could definitely understand what the writers were going for (e.g. killing off her advisors, having them betray her, everyone loving Jon instead etc)

I also really liked Cersei and Jamie's death

"Clegane Bowl was not a fitting end that’s for sure.

Tbh I think it wasn't that bad, rather than it being an all out gladiator style fight it went well.

The hound battle weary and burdened with a life of killing, trying to take out his older brother, it's obvious that during the fight there is nothing left of what was his brother, he was basically a zombie.

I think the fight was a fitting end for both of them.

The hound went out with his dignity."

About sums it up perfectly - best part of the whole episode was from when he and Arya arrived in the map room, had their "moment" and went their separate ways - despite what I said above about Arya's action hero escape, I did like the way they flicked back and forth between Sandor's fight and her escape, tying the body blows they both suffered together

By *isst123Couple  over a year ago

"Clegane Bowl was not a fitting end that’s for sure.

I think the fight was a fitting end for both of them."

100% agree. It was never going to be pretty. They could have gone for cinematic flash and heroic redemption, but instead it was a dirty, unpleasant scrap, just doing what had to be done. Totally reflected the two characters, rather than pandering to fans.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

I now care about as much as George R R Martin does. He just lost interest in it all quite a while before I did.

I must be the only person that doesn’t think it’s that bad.

I’ve been reading all over the Internet that it’s “too rushed” and yes compared to other seasons it feels like the pace is twice as fast. However, it’s been 7 seasons building up to this and I could tell Daenerys was going to snap since season 1, and Jon’s heritage has been hinted at since then too. To me it doesn’t seem that rushed at all and we’re finally seeing the pay off of all that build up.

So, is the pacing wrong? Yep. But is the story doing anything drastically different than GoT (tv version) has done in the past ? Nope !

Manchester (he/him)

I'm sorry to say that I agree with much of what's been written here, so much felt forced or ludicrous.

A large part of what I enjoyed about GoT was the fact the main characters didn't survive beyond reason, they are people and but for the twist of fate they're gone. A characters motives were always (relatively) clear or at least their motivation was sound. Not so last night. I'm not going to list the specific points as I'll be here all day but I just felt 'let down' by it.

"I'm sorry to say that I agree with much of what's been written here, so much felt forced or ludicrous.

A large part of what I enjoyed about GoT was the fact the main characters didn't survive beyond reason, they are people and but for the twist of fate they're gone. A characters motives were always (relatively) clear or at least their motivation was sound. Not so last night. I'm not going to list the specific points as I'll be here all day but I just felt 'let down' by it. "

Absolutely agree. I felt very short changed.

Manchester (he/him)

"I'm sorry to say that I agree with much of what's been written here, so much felt forced or ludicrous.

A large part of what I enjoyed about GoT was the fact the main characters didn't survive beyond reason, they are people and but for the twist of fate they're gone. A characters motives were always (relatively) clear or at least their motivation was sound. Not so last night. I'm not going to list the specific points as I'll be here all day but I just felt 'let down' by it.

Absolutely agree. I felt very short changed. "

I just didn't 'buy' Dani's descent into madness nor many people surviving, where they popped up next or even the manner of their deaths.

I just didn't 'buy' Dani's descent into madness nor many people surviving, where they popped up next or even the manner of their deaths. "

The biggest disappointment for me was Jaime and Cersei. I love the books and so much has been made of the 'volanquar' prophecy, which was left completely unaddressed in this episode.

Limbo

I just didn't 'buy' Dani's descent into madness nor many people surviving, where they popped up next or even the manner of their deaths.

The biggest disappointment for me was Jaime and Cersei. I love the books and so much has been made of the 'volanquar' prophecy, which was left completely unaddressed in this episode. "

Yes, I think this was my biggest disappointment too. At a stretch you can make tenuous links between the prophecy and the fact that Jaime (the younger twin) literally dragged her to the place she'd die ... though her death wasn't his intention so I'm not sure that counts. Or, perhaps you could say Tyrion (the youngest brother) had set in motion the series of events that placed Cersei in the Red Keep vaults by freeing Jaime and urging him to get to her. But that's all very convoluted and doesn't seem in the spirit of the prophecy at all.

Moreover, it wasn't so much the fact they died together which annoyed me but how their final interactions contradicted the man we'd seen Jaime become. Yes, originally his intent when he left Winterfell to go back to her may have been to persuade her to surrender (we don't know, because again that was rushed) and I suppose, at a push, by the time he got to her it was obvious they would die one way or another so any talk of surrender was forgotten .... but if only we'd had more time, how much more true to his character it would have been if he could have pleaded with her to do the right thing. Which she'd have refused of course - whereupon Jaime would become increasingly more desperate and conflicted as her stance forced him to consider killing her for the good of the realm. And then, as he gave her every opportunity to redeem herself, it would gradually dawn on her that she was in mortal danger and would try every last emotional trick in the book to stop him despatching her. We'd see this huge battle of wills - Jaime struggling with notions of right and wrong, Cersei clinging onto power (both regal and her hold over Jaime) by her fingertips - as the Keep collapsed around them. Accusations, declarations, screaming, inconsolable tears from them both. And then, at the very last moment, as Jaime is about to do the deed, they are both killed by the falling masonry. So her fate is taken out of Jaime's hands but at least he remains true to character until the end.

Not running into each others arms in a twisted Romeo and Juliet moment and very shortly afterwards getting splatted. I do think Cersei showed a rare moment of humanity when she cried for her unborn baby which was true to her character but otherwise, the way it played out between the Lannister twins was too fast and didn't feel authentic. I know they had a very deep and peculiar bond but after rejecting her to go North, and seemingly finally seeing how ruthless she was, it doesn't make sense his feelings would flip back the way they we were shown. At the very least, there should have been far far more emphasis on Jaime struggling with how he felt towards her in the end.

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 11:23:00]

I thought it was probably the best episode of the season and I imagine she does turn mad in the books towards the end. It was a bit disappointing because the last couple of seasons have felt so rushed and even though we have had little hints of what she would become it does seem to have sprung out of nowhere.

It was rubbish too barely seeing Jon again. He has taken a huge step back this season which is odd.

I'm glad my man Davos is OK though! I don't think there will be an iron throne to sit on at the end. Maybe a council of people like Davos, Tyrion and a few others? Jon will kill Dany I reckon but he deserved more than that as his only big thing this season!

I really wish this last season could have been more

I think the internet memes and comments about season 8 are more enjoyable to read than watching the show itself.

"I thought it was probably the best episode of the season and I imagine she does turn mad in the books towards the end. It was a bit disappointing because the last couple of seasons have felt so rushed and even though we have had little hints of what she would become it does seem to have sprung out of nowhere.

It was rubbish too barely seeing Jon again. He has taken a huge step back this season which is odd.

I'm glad my man Davos is OK though! I don't think there will be an iron throne to sit on at the end. Maybe a council of people like Davos, Tyrion and a few others? Jon will kill Dany I reckon but he deserved more than that as his only big thing this season!

I really wish this last season could have been more "

I think Arya will kill Dany. She does say I'm going to kill the queen but never says which one.

Next episode, Sir Bronn of Blackwater comes up on those big stairs in the do preview and just says to Dany, "where's my fooking castle?"

"I thought it was probably the best episode of the season and I imagine she does turn mad in the books towards the end. It was a bit disappointing because the last couple of seasons have felt so rushed and even though we have had little hints of what she would become it does seem to have sprung out of nowhere.

I think Arya will kill Dany. She does say I'm going to kill the queen but never says which one."

That's something worth thinking about. GODS I'LL BE UNHAPPY IF THAT HAPPENS THOUGH!

I do hope it is Jon but they are going for the shock thing this season so it wouldn't surprise me. Arya looks ready to kill in the trailer for the next episode anyway!

The biggest disappointment for me was Jaime and Cersei. I love the books and so much has been made of the 'volanquar' prophecy, which was left completely unaddressed in this episode.

Yes, I think this was my biggest disappointment too. At a stretch you can make tenuous links between the prophecy and the fact that Jaime (the younger twin) literally dragged her to the place she'd die ... though her death wasn't his intention so I'm not sure that counts. Or, perhaps you could say Tyrion (the youngest brother) had set in motion the series of events that placed Cersei in the Red Keep vaults by freeing Jaime and urging him to get to her. But that's all very convoluted and doesn't seem in the spirit of the prophecy at all.

Moreover, it wasn't so much the fact they died together which annoyed me but how their final interactions contradicted the man we'd seen Jaime become. Yes, originally his intent when he left Winterfell to go back to her may have been to persuade her to surrender (we don't know, because again that was rushed) and I suppose, at a push, by the time he got to her it was obvious they would die one way or another so any talk of surrender was forgotten .... but if only we'd had more time, how much more true to his character it would have been if he could have pleaded with her to do the right thing. Which she'd have refused of course - whereupon Jaime would become increasingly more desperate and conflicted as her stance forced him to consider killing her for the good of the realm. And then, as he gave her every opportunity to redeem herself, it would gradually dawn on her that she was in mortal danger and would try every last emotional trick in the book to stop him despatching her. We'd see this huge battle of wills - Jaime struggling with notions of right and wrong, Cersei clinging onto power (both regal and her hold over Jaime) by her fingertips - as the Keep collapsed around them. Accusations, declarations, screaming, inconsolable tears from them both. And then, at the very last moment, as Jaime is about to do the deed, they are both killed by the falling masonry. So her fate is taken out of Jaime's hands but at least he remains true to character until the end.

Not running into each others arms in a twisted Romeo and Juliet moment and very shortly afterwards getting splatted. I do think Cersei showed a rare moment of humanity when she cried for her unborn baby which was true to her character but otherwise, the way it played out between the Lannister twins was too fast and didn't feel authentic. I know they had a very deep and peculiar bond but after rejecting her to go North, and seemingly finally seeing how ruthless she was, it doesn't make sense his feelings would flip back the way they we were shown. At the very least, there should have been far far more emphasis on Jaime struggling with how he felt towards her in the end."

You have literally read my mind.

I think Arya will kill Dany. She does say I'm going to kill the queen but never says which one.

That's something worth thinking about. GODS I'LL BE UNHAPPY IF THAT HAPPENS THOUGH!

I do hope it is Jon but they are going for the shock thing this season so it wouldn't surprise me. Arya looks ready to kill in the trailer for the next episode anyway! "

Shock thing or just bad writing?

I agree it will most likely be Jon but Arya would have some witty line just before she kills her whereas as Jon will probably say, you're my queen and stab her in the belly.

Limbo

I really wish this last season could have been more "

Davos seems indestructible! Always in the thick of it but barely a hair out of place while all around him are covered in blood, gore, sweat and ash etc.

GoT is so big on destiny and purpose. Since Jon was brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light via Melisandre for a *reason*, it seems highly likely he will ultimately kill Dany I think. It's also probable Arya will be after her too, and perhaps dies in the attempt?

"

I agree it will most likely be Jon but Arya would have some witty line just before she kills her whereas as Jon will probably say, you're my queen and stab her in the belly."

Absolutely horrendous writing. I'll be interested to hear what the actors think if they ever decide to speak out about how they truly feel about this season. I've saw a few interviews with them where they seem to be being very sarcastic, but not sure how they really feel.

I hope George finishes the books in the next few years but I don't feel hopeful!

"

I agree it will most likely be Jon but Arya would have some witty line just before she kills her whereas as Jon will probably say, you're my queen and stab her in the belly.

Absolutely horrendous writing. I'll be interested to hear what the actors think if they ever decide to speak out about how they truly feel about this season. I've saw a few interviews with them where they seem to be being very sarcastic, but not sure how they really feel.

I hope George finishes the books in the next few years but I don't feel hopeful! "

When Kit Harrington summed up season 8 as disappointing, and Emilia Clarke and Grey worm laughed at the question if it's good, I think that was a clear giveaway.

I don't think they would do like a full interview revealing their thoughts on it, out of professionalism.

"

Davos seems indestructible! Always in the thick of it but barely a hair out of place while all around him are covered in blood, gore, sweat and ash etc.

GoT is so big on destiny and purpose. Since Jon was brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light via Melisandre for a *reason*, it seems highly likely he will ultimately kill Dany I think. It's also probable Arya will be after her too, and perhaps dies in the attempt?"

He's a very lucky man! I've always loved Davos so I'm glad they aren't destroying his character. I do hope it will be Jon to kill her. And I completely agree with you regarding Cersei and Jaime!

liverpool

Episode 4 dani ran away on her dragon when a small fleet attacked, destroying lots of her ships with army on and losing melisandre.

Episode 5 dani on same dragon destroys fleet 5 times the size and entire city.

Why didnt she just fly around the back of fleet in episode 4 instead of leaving her ships to the mercy of euron.

Where did all these dothraki and unsullied come from its almost like episode 3 never happened because her forces never looked in anyway depleted.

Why give jamie this great arc of going from a bad guy to someone we liked and rooted for for him to just go running back to cersie.

Not buying dani going crazy when the bells rang to surrender.

Shes always been ruthless when it comes to those in power and enslaving people but to kill woman and children in the hundreds of thousands is against everything weve seen from her in 7 seasons.

No idea what that 10 minute scene watching arya look at and pet a white horse was all about.

Arghhhhh this show that i loved so much has been totally ruined by bad writing.

As somome said the memes all over the internet about how bad this show has been this seasom has been more entertaining

Limbo

"

GoT is so big on destiny and purpose. Since Jon was brought back from the dead by the Lord of Light via Melisandre for a *reason*, it seems highly likely he will ultimately kill Dany I think. It's also probable Arya will be after her too, and perhaps dies in the attempt?

He's a very lucky man! I've always loved Davos so I'm glad they aren't destroying his character. I do hope it will be Jon to kill her. And I completely agree with you regarding Cersei and Jaime!

"

As characters I really liked Jaime and Cersei, even if I hated her at the same time if you know what I mean. I feel cheated on their behalf for having rubbish deaths. In fact I've been listening to GoT soundtracks this morning as I'm working and each time a piece of music using the Lannister theme comes on I can feel myself getting annoyed all over again!

And I daren't think about poor Brienne in relation to the way he died!

"

As characters I really liked Jaime and Cersei, even if I hated her at the same time if you know what I mean. I feel cheated on their behalf for having rubbish deaths. In fact I've been listening to GoT soundtracks this morning as I'm working and each time a piece of music using the Lannister theme comes on I can feel myself getting annoyed all over again!

And I daren't think about poor Brienne in relation to the way he died!"

Are they dead?

"

And I daren't think about poor Brienne in relation to the way he died!"

My heart kind of breaks for Brienne. I hated the way Jaime hurt her so much when he left the North. It was crap to watch his character grow into someone you could really like and then have that person turn so cold. I know some people think he was just trying to protect Brienne but I don't think he was. It was like that character suddenly popped out of nowhere.

Tormund will be a happy man when he hears the news

Limbo

"Episode 4 dani ran away on her dragon when a small fleet attacked, destroying lots of her ships with army on and losing melisandre."

Ha ha, you mean Rheagal surely?!?

"Not buying dani going crazy when the bells rang to surrender. Shes always been ruthless when it comes to those in power and enslaving people but to kill woman and children in the hundreds of thousands is against everything weve seen from her in 7 seasons."

Yep. Not instantly anyway. There was a scene in season 7 at Dragonstone where Yara Greyjoy and Ellaria Sand wanted her to attack Kings Landing but Dany refuses as, and I quote, 'I am not here to be Queen of the Ashes'!!

liverpool

"

"

The girl who got beheaded and was in relationship with greyworm.

If dany hadnt flew away and simply circled the fleet and destroyed it, she would have never been caotured.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

My heart kind of breaks for Brienne. I hated the way Jaime hurt her so much when he left the North. It was crap to watch his character grow into someone you could really like and then have that person turn so cold. I know some people think he was just trying to protect Brienne but I don't think he was. It was like that character suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"

Yes, that was weird. My assumption had been he was going to kill Cersei but knew he would probably die in the process, so was trying to save Brienne's feelings.

But then he just goes back to Cersei to die with her. If the story was supposed to be that he couldn't overcome his addiction to her, then OK, but they could have made that a lot clearer and more effective.

Manchester (he/him)

"

Are they dead? "

I wondered that.

Limbo

"

The girl who got beheaded and was in relationship with greyworm.

If dany hadnt flew away and simply circled the fleet and destroyed it, she would have never been caotured."

Ah, you mean Missandei ..... Melisandre was red priestess who died at Winterfell

By *ndyuk7Man  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

i think season 8 has lost its mojo as there doesnt seem to be much action in it just bloopers

Limbo

"

Are they dead?

I wondered that. "

I'm not sure what purpose it'd serve for the story if they'd somehow miraculously survived 1000s of tons of stone dropping on them. Apart from anything there's only 80 minutes left to tie up things for all the characters we definitely know are still alive.

Manchester (he/him)

"

Yes, that was weird. My assumption had been he was going to kill Cersei but knew he would probably die in the process, so was trying to save Brienne's feelings.

But then he just goes back to Cersei to die with her. If the story was supposed to be that he couldn't overcome his addiction to her, then OK, but they could have made that a lot clearer and more effective. "

I agree, part of the reason that I've enjoyed the whole series has been the way that characters stories arc across the whole thing, the destiny of characters slowly shaped and their motives laid bare. Last night's episode seemed to just throw all of that in the bin in favour of shock factor. Where was Dani's descent into grief and madness?

One thing that annoyed me was the fight between Euron and Jamie. Firstly that Euron miraculously survived dragon fire, then happened to turn up at the same secluded cove at the same time, stabbed Jamie (twice) but Jamie survived enough to find Cersei?

For saying the episodes are so long, it felt rushed and it deserved more.

"

But then he just goes back to Cersei to die with her. If the story was supposed to be that he couldn't overcome his addiction to her, then OK, but they could have made that a lot clearer and more effective.

I agree, part of the reason that I've enjoyed the whole series has been the way that characters stories arc across the whole thing, the destiny of characters slowly shaped and their motives laid bare. Last night's episode seemed to just throw all of that in the bin in favour of shock factor. Where was Dani's descent into grief and madness?

One thing that annoyed me was the fight between Euron and Jamie. Firstly that Euron miraculously survived dragon fire, then happened to turn up at the same secluded cove at the same time, stabbed Jamie (twice) but Jamie survived enough to find Cersei?

For saying the episodes are so long, it felt rushed and it deserved more. "

I could get behind Danys descent into madness if they had actually made it a descent not just her throwing a bitch fit.

The Euron thing bugged me. It just seemed so shoehorned in as a way to kill him off.

By *ndyuk7Man  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

maybe they rushed the last season to kill it off

On a positive note - about the *only* thing I liked about this episode was the Sandor/Gregor/Arya section that started with Sandor and Arya in the map room where he tells her to go back or die, and then goes off to confront Gregor and the way they interlinked that fight with Arya's flight.

That sequence was pretty much spot on (even if Arya's flight was a little "action hero")

Manchester (he/him)

"On a positive note - about the *only* thing I liked about this episode was the Sandor/Gregor/Arya section that started with Sandor and Arya in the map room where he tells her to go back or die, and then goes off to confront Gregor and the way they interlinked that fight with Arya's flight.

That sequence was pretty much spot on (even if Arya's flight was a little "action hero")

"

I think that I need to rewatch it, rather than reflecting on the bit I wish I'd seen, look at what was shown, perhaps I missed some in the frenzy.

"maybe they rushed the last season to kill it off "

I heard HBO offered them 10 episodes and a bigger budget but D&D refused. I'm not sure how true it is.

Also I did like the brawl with Sandor and Gregor! I didn't think that was a let down although I'd prefer if The Hound was alive. I did not expect Qyburn to die the way he did! I was shocked

"On a positive note - about the *only* thing I liked about this episode was the Sandor/Gregor/Arya section that started with Sandor and Arya in the map room where he tells her to go back or die, and then goes off to confront Gregor and the way they interlinked that fight with Arya's flight.

"

The Hound shouting "Fucking die" was one of the best moments in the episode.

I love the internet

https://youtu.be/ahoHDU0T44I

And here's another reason to love it:

https://youtu.be/-ZwbQlRYZEo

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

It’s all too rushed. Too many jumps. Deny was beginning to lose the plot, and always had a sadistic streak, but last week she was getting depressed, which is a big jump to get to genocide. Cersi going from feeling invincible to powerlessness is credible but should have been shown. Grey Worm developing true free will wound have been explored if suddenly he was disobeying orders in previous seasons. Etc.

Limbo

"It’s all too rushed. Too many jumps. Deny was beginning to lose the plot, and always had a sadistic streak, but last week she was getting depressed, which is a big jump to get to genocide. Cersi going from feeling invincible to powerlessness is credible but should have been shown. Grey Worm developing true free will wound have been explored if suddenly he was disobeying orders in previous seasons. Etc. "

I was reading one of the millions (slight exaggeration or is it?) of online discussions about this and someone likened it to a synopsis season which I think was very apt. It's as if (for the most part) the final story had to be described in 500 words, e.g. x does this, y does that, x and y fall out, x and y make up, then they go here, then they go there, x dies, y dies etc ..... and then they filmed it, without the subtlety, the insight, the consistency of character development or the understanding that its viewers have a modicum of intelligence, and memory for that matter. The two 'big' episodes were undeniably spectacular (though full of plot holes) and the cinematography has been marvellous. It's just so sad that, in my opinion, there was and still is so much more story to tell which has been glossed over or actioned off screen. First and foremost GoT was always sold as this epic, multi faceted story .... but as an exercise in storytelling its end lets down the beginning and middle

Manchester (he/him)

"It’s all too rushed. Too many jumps. Deny was beginning to lose the plot, and always had a sadistic streak, but last week she was getting depressed, which is a big jump to get to genocide. Cersi going from feeling invincible to powerlessness is credible but should have been shown. Grey Worm developing true free will wound have been explored if suddenly he was disobeying orders in previous seasons. Etc.

I was reading one of the millions (slight exaggeration or is it?) of online discussions about this and someone likened it to a synopsis season which I think was very apt. It's as if (for the most part) the final story had to be described in 500 words, e.g. x does this, y does that, x and y fall out, x and y make up, then they go here, then they go there, x dies, y dies etc ..... and then they filmed it, without the subtlety, the insight, the consistency of character development or the understanding that its viewers have a modicum of intelligence, and memory for that matter. The two 'big' episodes were undeniably spectacular (though full of plot holes) and the cinematography has been marvellous. It's just so sad that, in my opinion, there was and still is so much more story to tell which has been glossed over or actioned off screen. First and foremost GoT was always sold as this epic, multi faceted story .... but as an exercise in storytelling its end lets down the beginning and middle "

Agreed, it feels like the writers have got bored and just want to finish it. I won't be surprised if next episode ends with Ned Stark waking from a fevered dream, looking around and exclaiming "cor, bugger me, it were all just a dream."

"

Agreed, it feels like the writers have got bored and just want to finish it. I won't be surprised if next episode ends with Ned Stark waking from a fevered dream, looking around and exclaiming "cor, bugger me, it were all just a dream." "

Interesting plot twist.

Maybe he could kill daenerys?

I think I said this earlier on, but personally I don’t care if it’s rushed. I’m still enjoying it. I enjoyed all the seasons before too.

It’s just a tv show. I’ll read the books for the real detailed ending.

In my opinion, although it’s been sped up - the plot and twists are all still in line with where the story was headed. I think a lot of the outrage is because viewers blindly sided with daenerys without question. Which I think was the whole point of her character anyway. She represents those in history that take advantage of the poor as a means to power.

GRRM always said his stories are about blurring the lines between “good vs evil”, but I think viewers really started to think the show was the opposite of that, and expected that Daenerys and Jon Snow were going to get married and have a baby.

So I guess people didn’t see the change in character coming so now they’re like “aww no it’s rushed, it makes no sense, she wouldn’t do that”.

Manchester (he/him)

"I think I said this earlier on, but personally I don’t care if it’s rushed. I’m still enjoying it. I enjoyed all the seasons before too.

It’s just a tv show. I’ll read the books for the real detailed ending.

In my opinion, although it’s been sped up - the plot and twists are all still in line with where the story was headed. I think a lot of the outrage is because viewers blindly sided with daenerys without question. Which I think was the whole point of her character anyway. She represents those in history that take advantage of the poor as a means to power.

GRRM always said his stories are about blurring the lines between “good vs evil”, but I think viewers really started to think the show was the opposite of that, and expected that Daenerys and Jon Snow were going to get married and have a baby.

So I guess people didn’t see the change in character coming so now they’re like “aww no it’s rushed, it makes no sense, she wouldn’t do that”. "

I agree with you on several of your points, GRRM has said on several occasions; "If you think it's going to have a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention." so in that sense, yes, it's totally in keeping.

My issue is more the fact that so much seems out of keeping with the nature of the story telling in the previous seasons. I'd rather more episodes told fully, than six of part exposition and guessed motivation.

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

First 5 1/2 seasons were 'best adapted screenplay'; 5 1/2 to 8 'best original screenplay'.

Martin had 10 years to finish the bloody story and didn't, and I wonder if the double D's would have even started the project if they'd known this.

"First 5 1/2 seasons were 'best adapted screenplay'; 5 1/2 to 8 'best original screenplay'.

Martin had 10 years to finish the bloody story and didn't, and I wonder if the double D's would have even started the project if they'd known this. "

I’ve heard that he’s finished the next two books already. But he has a deal with the TV show to let them broadcast their ending first

"First 5 1/2 seasons were 'best adapted screenplay'; 5 1/2 to 8 'best original screenplay'.

Martin had 10 years to finish the bloody story and didn't, and I wonder if the double D's would have even started the project if they'd known this.

I’ve heard that he’s finished the next two books already. But he has a deal with the TV show to let them broadcast their ending first "

On his blog he has already put a post up saying he hasn’t finished them, and doesn’t understand why people think he has. He said if he had finished them he would have released them, he makes millions from them and he’d be daft not too

By *el71Couple  over a year ago

Preston

Do you remember in season 3, when Danni walked in to the house of ghosts to get her dragons back. She stepped through a door and walked through a ruin of the throne room and it was snowing?

Could that have been a prediction that John Snow will be king even if he has said he doesn't want it.

Manchester (he/him)

"Do you remember in season 3, when Danni walked in to the house of ghosts to get her dragons back. She stepped through a door and walked through a ruin of the throne room and it was snowing?

Could that have been a prediction that John Snow will be king even if he has said he doesn't want it."

It was also a smoking ruin as well...

"Do you remember in season 3, when Danni walked in to the house of ghosts to get her dragons back. She stepped through a door and walked through a ruin of the throne room and it was snowing?

Could that have been a prediction that John Snow will be king even if he has said he doesn't want it."

That was Summerhall which was burned to ashes on the day when Raegar Targaryen was born. It was a flashback to way before when Dani was born.

Bumping ahead of the big finale in 16 minutes

"Bumping ahead of the big finale in 16 minutes "

We could fuck in that amount of time!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Bumping ahead of the big finale in 16 minutes "

It’s nearly here

ITTTTTTTSSSSSS TIIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEE

"ITTTTTTTSSSSSS TIIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEE"

(Pls say like Bruce Buffer)

Arghhhhh!! This is it!!

I cant access it till 330am ......noooooooooot happy ...

"I cant access it till 330am ......noooooooooot happy ... "

Awww no! Get in chat and I'll cast it lol x

A great start ..

"A great start .. "

Definitely!

On a mooch

Agreed !

It's sooooooo good

"I cant access it till 330am ......noooooooooot happy ... "

I had the option of missed the first 12 minutes or wait til 3.30 ... ill catch those 12 later

I knew that would happen after last week's episode

Knew it was gonna happen...but Drogon’s reaction has me in absolute tears

On a mooch

So far so good... now don’t mess up the ending !!

"So far so good... now don’t mess up the ending !! "

I know how it ends.............................I won’t give it away

How is he gonna turn things around with the Unsullied and Dothraki now?

"So far so good... now don’t mess up the ending !!

I know how it ends.............................I won’t give it away"

Is it good?

Is it good?"

In my opinion, no. But maybe others will disagree with me

I agree

On a mooch

Well.... now what

It’s the cinematic equivalent of blue balls

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I've watched from day one and I have to say I have never been so disappointed. It felt rushed.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"Knew it was gonna happen...but Drogon’s reaction has me in absolute tears "

I cried like a baby.

"I've watched from day one and I have to say I have never been so disappointed. It felt rushed. "

Yep

On a mooch

"I've watched from day one and I have to say I have never been so disappointed. It felt rushed. "

This whole season has been rushed

Is it good?

In my opinion, no. But maybe others will disagree with me "

A fitting end...The Starks ruling the world...God Bless you GOT! {Salutes}

A tad underwhelmed to be honest

Anyone spot Ygritte with the free folk?

By *unkrockguyMan  over a year ago

whitby

Aye aye aye aye choose you Pikachu...

By *ediMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Aye aye aye aye choose you Pikachu..."

Im quite dissapointed with Sansa becoming Queen of the North, she threw everything back in the Dragon Queens face after all she lost and sacrificed, she was treated unjustly....

Last 2 seasons were very rushed, what was great about GOT was the character and story build up then it became all about the special effects

By *ssex Playfull CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Grays

Mega shit ending, Jon snows story arc went nowhere

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Well that's that then..

Well ....

It was an ok ending ..not much they could do with 8 episodes I thought but hey ho .....at least ghost got to be with Jon again x

Many are complaining on BBC news that they don't like the ending

Very very dull ending rushed off to begin then dragged out at the end im starting to think the guy who does walking dead directed it

Think my avatar says it all

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

what a shit episode! the worst one to date .

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

I paused that scene and it was her wasnt it !

I've just watched it. I actually liked it. I think it was a good way to finish

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Felt to rush, I have like it up to the finale

By *alphy187Man  over a year ago

cambridge

Decent finish, glad Tyrion survived.

What next, Aryas story or prequels?

Won't be the same but the legacy will live on!!

Limbo

And so there we have it. The prophecy that was foretold within the deepest, darkest corners of the all seeing being otherwise known as Reddit has come true .... I 'knew' how the final episode was going to pan out for a couple of weeks now, but kept hoping it wasn't true.

Bran .... bloody Bran! Of all people. Though grudgingly I admit that in an age of apparent new democracy it looks as though he'll be a figurehead more than anything else while his council get on with the important business of ruling and rebuilding King's Landing.

I am pleased that Drogon didn't die - it's kind of nice to think there are still dragons in 'this world', though sad that s/he will be the last of its kind unless it lays eggs one day. I also liked Podrick becoming a Ser, 'embarrassing uncle' Edmure Tully turning up at the dragon pit meet, Brienne being true to character and honourable to the end by expanding greatly on Jaime's entry in the White Book (which had previously ended on him being Kingslayer - I'm pretty sure IIRC that she told him he was more than that) even though her heart was breaking, the nod to George RR Martin and his books when Sam presented Tyrion with the 'Song of Ice and Fire' (though ironic that *that* account was completed before the *real* SOIAF ), Jon reuniting with Tormund and Ghost, and Sansa becoming the Queen she'd always wanted to be.

But ... as before there were too many plot holes due to limited time. I didn't like the Unsullied going to Naath, Grey Worm yes but hundreds of soldiers turning up on a small island??, I didn't like how after an event of such magnitude when Jon killed Dany we didn't see his surrender/confession or capture - how on earth would the Unsullied not have ripped his head off instantly?, I'm not sure why the Night's Watch still existed after the Night King was destroyed and while peace with the Wildlings endured - or why if Jon had been sent back to join them he was then free to go beyond the wall with Tormund instead of staying at Castle Black. For that matter, once the Unsullied had left Westeros, why couldn't Jon have done whatever he wanted? ... unless he was seen as a threat to the new order as a potential claimant to the throne and recognised this himself so willingly went north - I get that his character would have been penitent as well but in that case why not stay and take his punishment at the wall. I also didn't like Tyrion uncovering the bodies of Jaime and Cersei ... a moving scene for sure but no way would they be covered by a single layer of rocks. I have no idea what happened to the Dothraki. And it irks that miraculously parts of King's Landing survived intact, such as wherever the White Book was kept. And Bronn, much as I love him and can see the ironic comedy value, ending up as Master of Coin!!

I feel a bit deflated after that. As I've said before, there was still so much more story to tell - I don't necessarily have an issue with where the story's gone but I don't like how it got there at breakneck speed and so much action apparently taking place off screen which we must either speculate about, or are told via a casual aside. I really hope the final two books really do get published pretty quickly so some of those loose ends and questions get answered in much more depth. I'm not going to say this last season has 'ruined' GoT because as a whole it's been mostly amazing but it didn't get the ending it deserved and I do feel aggrieved the showrunners didn't stay around to give it more time, given that HBO was willing to back that and I've not read a single rumour about any of the actors wanting out. On the other hand, when the series was first developed, it was almost certainly on the understanding that the book series would complete before the show did, and I can see that once the book material ran out, storylines, script, character development and direction would have been made much harder with only 'guidelines' from Martin to work with. So I guess it's possible the showrunners' own enthusiasm took a hit at that point and the show suffered somewhat from a lack of authenticity? The end basically feels like a bit of a mess and I'm not sure who to blame - the showrunners moving on, or Martin faffing about with the books for so long and getting distracted by other projects. Or both.

Shame

North Bucks

Well that was a bit meh.

Told ya’ll

Grays

Christ knows how Samwells on the small Council. He took the black!

"Christ knows how Samwells on the small Council. He took the black! "

Which doesn’t exist anymore, Jon’s fucking off with the Wildlings

At least j got the jon killing dany right drogon kicking off was legend they should have had him burn jon tho to prove his heritage

Bran! Fucking Bran!

Bran is the equivalent of that dickhead in a group project who does fuck all and gets all the credit.

"Bran! Fucking Bran!

Bran is the equivalent of that dickhead in a group project who does fuck all and gets all the credit."

i love how he said he has visions and nobody said prove it

"Bran! Fucking Bran!

Bran is the equivalent of that dickhead in a group project who does fuck all and gets all the credit.i love how he said he has visions and nobody said prove it "

That little twat knew he was getting the throne all along! He's a bigger snake then little finger

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Well, that was all a bit underwhelming. Though after the at times farcical penultimate episode I'm not sure if it was ever going to come to any sort of satisfying conclusion, for me anyway.

The only bit that really touched me was Brienne writing in the book. That and scene with Drogon with Danys body were the only scenes that had any really pathos, I felt. That whole scene with Jon killing Dany was really nicely done but the fact we actually got to that point in such an unbelievable and rushed fashion made it all a bit 'meh'. And then we're thinking 'how's Jon going to get out of this alive now?'. Does he make a run for it? If an Unsullied spot him now he's had it. What we actually got was nothing. Absolutely nothing! Just a jump forward only to discover he was being held captive. How very in keeping with the past couple of series. Something that would have been good and interesting to see unfold on screen just got ignored. How it all ended was neither here nor there for me, a bit painting by numbers. I was expecting something much bigger (or I did until a few weeks ago). I wanted something deep, something grander in meaning, philosophical, epic...something in keeping with the show as it's been as a whole. What we got was a lot of plodding about, thoughtful looks and meaningful glances and the confirmation that two of the shows most (if not THE most) interesting characters really had been killed by a bit of falling masonry. Bran the Robot's in charge. Jon's going to wander about in the snow for the rest of time for some reason. Arya's decided she'll have a crack at exploring. And Ser Davos is still there being as dull as ditchwater. We got a bit of a dog's dinner when we should have got the dog's bollocks.

If nothing else the conclusion of the TV show has confirmed for me personally that I now have to read the books, and pray that George R R Martin finishes the series so I can find out what the REAL ending to Game of Thrones is.

Bran is a wee dickhead

If he didn’t tell Jon who he really was, Jon wouldn’t have told Dany. Dany wouldn’t have felt as threatened, and wouldn’t have gone (as) mad.

Bran knew what he was doing.

He just wanted the throne for himself

"Bran is a wee dickhead

If he didn’t tell Jon who he really was, Jon wouldn’t have told Dany. Dany wouldn’t have felt as threatened, and wouldn’t have gone (as) mad.

He just wanted the throne for himself "

Exactly! The little twerp.

I'm so angry at this

"Bran is a wee dickhead

He just wanted the throne for himself "

Also it made me sad that Dany was in the arms of a man she loved and trusted, and who she thought loved and trusted her, just to be stabbed but poor Jon. Fuck making that choice.

Hope he has fun with Ygritte.2 and Tormund and the wolf he couldn’t be bothered petting so they used a scene from a previous season.

Jon deserved better

"Bran is a wee dickhead

Also it made me sad that Dany was in the arms of a man she loved and trusted, and who she thought loved and trusted her, just to be stabbed but poor Jon. Fuck making that choice.

Hope he has fun with Ygritte.2 and Tormund and the wolf he couldn’t be bothered petting so they used a scene from a previous season.

Jon deserved better "

It reminds of Britains got talent, Bran got through just on the sob story.

"Who should be king?"

"Well Jon is the actual heir to the thrown, he liberated Winterfell, saved the wildings, died, came back to life, warned the country about the army of the dead, captured one to prove it to everyone, lead the defence against the knight king, then killed the queen who slaughtered thousands of innocent people"

"Yea but, Brans in a wheelchair"

"Yea good point, all hail Bran"

From a cinematic perspective, it's been spectacular to watch.

From an acting perspective, it's not been the greatest, although they can only read what's given to them.

From a storytelling perspective, it's been woeful. I think I'd have preferred the producers to wait for the end of the books, or to have written another couple of seasons. Let the monumental occurrences develop a little more naturally, rather than shoehorned into a tight timescale.

"Bran is a wee dickhead

Jon deserved better

"Who should be king?"

"Well Jon is the actual heir to the thrown, he liberated Winterfell, saved the wildings, died, came back to life, warned the country about the army of the dead, captured one to prove it to everyone, lead the defence against the knight king, then killed the queen who slaughtered thousands of innocent people"

"Yea good point, all hail Bran""

Exactly

Ffs he wasn’t even with us half the time

Just zoned out and came back when it wasn’t dangerous

"Bran is a wee dickhead

Jon deserved better

"Who should be king?"

Exactly

Just zoned out and came back when it wasn’t dangerous "

What a dick! Even when he became king, he left everything to Tyrion so he could check on a Dragon thats long gone

"Bran is a wee dickhead

Jon deserved better

"Who should be king?"

Exactly

Just zoned out and came back when it wasn’t dangerous

What a dick! Even when he became king, he left everything to Tyrion so he could check on a Dragon thats long gone"

Grade A prick

Jon should have been king 1000000%

Limbo

"Bran is a wee dickhead

Exactly! The little twerp.

I'm so angry at this "

To be absolutely fair to Bran, it was Sam who told Jon about his real parentage, having uncovered some of the truth whilst in the Citadel. Bran had arrived at a similar conclusion when he had his vision of Lyanna Stark in the tower, with the young Ned Stark promising to raise her baby in secret. It was when they put their heads together with this info they realised Jon was the product of a legitimate marriage and therefore had a claim to the throne ... but Sam imparted the news.

Mind you, I feel the mysticism and purpose of Bran becoming the three eyed raven is something which should have been greatly expanded upon - and then perhaps his end position wouldn't seem as odd as it does, and there'd be less suspicion of any scheming on his part. Generally, I feel the 'magical' aspects of GoT could all have been explained better to help understand what happened and what drove particular characters .... e.g. why the Night King made a move on the wall when he did after largely being contained for centuries, why Craster, alone amongst men, was somehow able to make a deal with him, the whole warging thing, the relationship between dragons and riders, the Lord of Light, Children of the Forest, weirwood trees and so on. Because I've read the books I can see how TV viewers were often left confused by all of that .... and obviously, as the book series isn't finished, there's still a lot of magical stuff that's somewhat dissatisfying on screen.

liverpool

Tyrion "will you accept the kingdom if we choose yoi"

Bran "why do you think i came all this way"

Tyrion " wait....what.... you knew you would be king"

Bran "sure did bro"

Tyrion "you knew dany would kill everyone at kings landing and didnt say anything"

Bran "just wanted to be king lil buddy"

Haha what a bad season that was.

Grays

Bran becoming king makes no sense, he’s said many times that he is no longer Bran Stark but the 3 eyed raven. Bad story telling. This whole season has been lazy and rushed