FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > parking

parking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi does anybody know if a "parking charge" is legal in a law of court , i know when the council or police issue a parking penalty it is a parking penalty and you will be took to court why i ask it was issued by a private company hope you understand what im saying lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

this was taken from the "which" website

Car parks run by private companies aren't covered by the same rules as those run by the council. Instead, they're governed by contract law.

Car-park operators can decide which types of vehicle can use their spaces, how long they can stay, how much they must pay, and enforce special bays (such as for Blue Badge holders).

If you break the terms of the car park you could be given a parking ticket. However, car-park operators must have signs that state their terms clearly.

If you've been given a parking ticket for breaching a term that you weren't made adequately aware of, you may be able to challenge the parking ticket with the car-park operator or in the county court.

thanks for that info will look into it , i lent my car to a friend who apparently didnt have a permit to park there it is the 1st i know about it when i got letter this morning

then you need to be asking your "friend" to pay up

"then you need to be asking your "friend" to pay up"

or at least inform the company of the situation and get them to take it up with your friend

yes i will inform the company but if my " friend" refuses to pay its my word against hers as it is my car

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

You could always call the Police for advice.

On watchdog

If its a private firm then its probably not worth the paper its written on. We had a few from Northampton, Glasgow and Sheffield. Told em all to f*ck off. They sent a few letters out with threats but nothing they could do.

Remember these companies go for the fear factor, don't let 'em win.

By *onnlynCouple  over a year ago

Neath

The fine has got to be issued to the driver of the vehicle at the time, if its from a private company you do not have to tell them who was driving.

Do not even bother replying to the company, it is a contract between the driver of the car and the company who are enforcing it. You were not the driver and have no legal obligation to tell them who the driver was. You will get a few more letters from them with threats to take you to court and about ccj's etc. It is just a scare tactic to get you to pay up. Moneysavingexpert website and others tell you to do exactly the same thing. If you get one from the police or council, then it is a different matter. My son had one when his car broke down in Mcdonalds carpark and he was waiting for the AA to come out. Told him to ignore it. Had a oouple more letters then heard nothing else.

The only people that can enforce parking fines are local authorities.

They will pressure you with threatening letters. Just ignore them, entering into corresspondence is a bad idea as it encourages them. Search the company in question on google and you will inevitably be linked to consumer forums verifying this - not just in general but specifically to your company. It is a huge con and should be cracked down upon.

I noticed your in Scotland, make sure the rules/law is the same. People will quote England and Wales rules/law.

thanks i have been told , dont know how true it is that they legally cant take you to court it could be a expensive wat to find out lol

thanks for all the advice peeps i have looked at all the links and i am going to ignore the letter happy swinging and thanks again

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

OP check out the tpuc website .. A worthwhile video called It's an illusion will shed some light but more importantly look through their forum regarding Pcn's/fpn's. It may come under letter templates, failing that use the search bar.

The get out of debt free website is also very useful.

» Add a new message to this topic