FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wake up call!

Wake up call!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lit King OP   Man  over a year ago

south lakes

What would it take to make you realise what's important in life?

Just had a close call with a faulty gas fire & Mr Carbon Monixide! Too close for comfort!

Anyone else out there had a close call? How do you feel about appreciating what you have!

Ps if you've a gas fire with movable coals or pebbles make sure it's burning properly, not soothing up & invest in an audible CO detector!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty_bhamMan  over a year ago

birmingham

i've had far to many to think about, from car crashes to surviving drowning on an oil platform by a single fingertip and the bravery of a true friend.

make what you can of your time in the sun as it will inevitably stop one day

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What would it take to make you realise what's important in life?

Just had a close call with a faulty gas fire & Mr Carbon Monixide! Too close for comfort!

Anyone else out there had a close call? How do you feel about appreciating what you have!

Ps if you've a gas fire with movable coals or pebbles make sure it's burning properly, not soothing up & invest in an audible CO detector!!!"

We were involved in a motorway pile up a few years back and were the lucky ones and didn't get too badly hurt. It really did make us think about how short life is and make us look at things in a different light.

"What would it take to make you realise what's important in life?

Ps if you've a gas fire with movable coals or pebbles make sure it's burning properly, not soothing up & invest in an audible CO detector!!!"

Glad you are ok and respect for posting this

As a gas fitter i have seen many cases of CO poisoning and its not pleasant

from all accounts and that of course is just the lucky ones

Regular annual checks and servicing are paramount and people must realise its money well spent

Hope all goes well now xx

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I'd a work related accident 2.5 years ago when a 3 ton aluminium roller shutter fell on me without warning!

The doctors at the hospital said if I'd have been an inch more to my right, I'd have been killed outright!

It made me think!

"I'd a work related accident 2.5 years ago when a 3 ton aluminium roller shutter fell on me without warning!

The doctors at the hospital said if I'd have been an inch more to my right, I'd have been killed outright!

It made me think!"

It gives you that what if thought I'd agree and you really do look at life in a different light.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I too had an accident at work which pretty much wiped out my eye sight, I lay on a gurney in a emergency room for a couple of hours and then in a eye hospital having my eye ball collapsed a few times. I came to terms with it pretty much and live everyday to enjoy life. I was lucky as in planning for the worst as in insurances etc.

My grandfarther always said try and treat everyone with respect, dignity and compassion. It is something I try hard to do. Hope you all stay safe and healthy.

» Add a new message to this topic