alex can do both man utd and england

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

who???

never heard of her/him

and here we go again.

england in turmoil going into a championship once again.

oh well, at least uncle harry will get the job early

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Thank god he's gone - now lets get an Englishman to lead our national side

"who???

never heard of her/him"

Summat do wi Football i think xx

"Thank god he's gone - now lets get an Englishman to lead our national side"

+1

Yay!!!!! best news I've heard all week!

Harry wont leave Spurs mid season, and there's no way we could have a Jock as England manager, and I'm a staunch Fergie supporter

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"who???

never heard of her/him

Summat do wi Football i think xx "

What's that then?

My football mad friend thinks Harry Redknapp should get the job.

Careful now that may not be PC xx

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Arsen Wenger?

"Harry wont leave Spurs mid season, and there's no way we could have a Jock as England manager, and I'm a staunch Fergie supporter"

part time basis. with pearce as his right hand man, type thing

If it means spurs dropping out the top four .

Let's go for Harry Redknapp

Norfolk

"Thank god he's gone - now lets get an Englishman to lead our national side

Careful now that may not be PC xx "

it's ok mate I'm using my laptop

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Harry Redknapp would get my vote, now he has been found not guilty of being Bent.

"Harry wont leave Spurs mid season, and there's no way we could have a Jock as England manager, and I'm a staunch Fergie supporter

part time basis. with pearce as his right hand man, type thing"

Never rated Pearce as manager, even as assistant, and don't think we could have a part time manager.

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

warnocks out of work at mo

could have a fiver on him

"Yay!!!!! best news I've heard all week! "

Snap

"Harry Redknapp would get my vote, now he has been found not guilty of being Bent.

"

He looks nothing like Bent!!!

ripon

one of the best managers of all time with milan roma ect

we wont get any better

By *ansue35Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Ok, Ok

I take the job.

If that helps everyone

Ian

Know what shape is the ball for this game.

Norfolk

just remembered I'm looking for a job I'm sure i could find a certificate for something in the draw - ahh got it 25 yards swim, that should do the trick

By *rT30Man  over a year ago

Munster

Shit!

Is it wrong that u am getting breaking news off the forums on fab haha!

"one of the best managers of all time with milan roma ect

we wont get any better"

He fucked it up in Africa 2010 though. And the one before that when he took Walcott and never played him.

Or did he fuck it up. Being an Italian managing England.

Rednapp should be offered the job and if he turns it down he turns it down for life. One time only offer.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Would Redknapp be able to cope with the relatively low wage of being the England manager though?.....after all, he wouldn't be involved in any transfers and therefore wouldn't be able to earn his commission on them.....allegedly.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"just remembered I'm looking for a job I'm sure i could find a certificate for something in the draw - ahh got it 25 yards swim, that should do the trick "

If you don't get the England job ...leeds united are still looking,.. take a whip the back four need discipline, dildos for the rest of the team,.. they're useless pri*ks.

By *landPeggyCouple  over a year ago

Holland !

"He fucked it up in Africa 2010 though. And the one before that when he took Walcott and never played him."

Who was it, Crouch ? who got injured early on in a match ? Was thinking, now we'll see Walcott, surely.

But, er, no.

He must have been taken along as a toyboy or something.

"warnocks out of work at mo

could have a fiver on him "

One way to lose a fiver

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Oh, not Redknapp. Please. He's a good club manager but nowhere near sophisticated enough for international level.

ripon

one where wallcot went along for the ride;was svens show.

granted lots went wrong in sa but most

of it was players

What does it say about a man who defends a player who has been stripped of the captaincy not ONCE but twice - for shagging his teammate's partner and for allegedly calling a fellow player a black bastard. How can Capello in all honesty expect to take such a man to the next World Cup knowing he'd have to answer that charge a week after the tournament ended?

Terry thought he was/is untouchable, and thought he had the manager's protection. He was wrong on both counts and whoever becomes the next England manager should make it clear that John Terry will never wear the England shirt during his tenure.

The writing was on the wall for Postman Pat's resignation as England manager, or Capello as he's known.

His Cat Jess was seen scouting for a replacement at Anfield the other night..

"What does it say about a man who defends a player who has been stripped of the captaincy not ONCE but twice - for shagging his teammate's partner and for allegedly calling a fellow player a black bastard. How can Capello in all honesty expect to take such a man to the next World Cup knowing he'd have to answer that charge a week after the tournament ended?

Terry thought he was/is untouchable, and thought he had the manager's protection. He was wrong on both counts and whoever becomes the next England manager should make it clear that John Terry will never wear the England shirt during his tenure."

Two papers printed and apology to Vanessa Peronncel for prying into her private life and admitted that the story wasn't true. JT and Vanessa have steadfastly denied that they had an affair. So at best an alleged affair.

As for Fabio,the FA didn't even consult the man about taking the captaincy away from Terry (his captain) not a huge fan of Fabio but I applaud the man for acting on what appears to be a point of principle. A rarity in English football these days

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

Mike Bassett?

tagget cant do the england job he will die in 3 months time.

cause as he said he would never see city win the title in his life time

An Italian abandoning a sinking ship!!!

Who would have thought it

Holland !

"Two papers printed and apology to Vanessa Peronncel for prying into her private life and admitted that the story wasn't true. JT and Vanessa have steadfastly denied that they had an affair. So at best an alleged affair."

Wayne Bridge believed it enough to refuse to shake his hand. I'd say he had inside knowledge as to whether his missus shagged Terry or not. A newspaper would not be wise to print a truth without 100% evidence that it is in fact true.

"As for Fabio,the FA didn't even consult the man about taking the captaincy away from Terry (his captain) not a huge fan of Fabio but I applaud the man for acting on what appears to be a point of principle. A rarity in English football these days"

The FA have a responsibility to the England team, it's fans and this country. They cannot support a manager who does not act in the interests of the team. Capello should have 'advised' Terry to step down as captain until his name had been cleared, and urged the FA the sort this debacle out long before the Euros. He had muscle as manager but he seems to have lobbed his toys out of his pram in support of a man who has been stripped of the captaincy TWICE.

He should never have been allowed back in the team after the first incident let alone wear the armband again.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"What does it say about a man who defends a player who has been stripped of the captaincy not ONCE but twice - for shagging his teammate's partner and for allegedly calling a fellow player a black bastard. How can Capello in all honesty expect to take such a man to the next World Cup knowing he'd have to answer that charge a week after the tournament ended?

Terry thought he was/is untouchable, and thought he had the manager's protection. He was wrong on both counts and whoever becomes the next England manager should make it clear that John Terry will never wear the England shirt during his tenure.

Two papers printed and apology to Vanessa Peronncel for prying into her private life and admitted that the story wasn't true. JT and Vanessa have steadfastly denied that they had an affair. So at best an alleged affair.

As for Fabio,the FA didn't even consult the man about taking the captaincy away from Terry (his captain) not a huge fan of Fabio but I applaud the man for acting on what appears to be a point of principle. A rarity in English football these days"

Im a bit confused; why would someone take out an super injuction to stop a newspaper printing 'allegations' when it wasnt true?. Im no legal expert, but if the newspapers did print these 'allegations' and they weren't true, then he could sue for defamation.

He's off to Russia apparently

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Careful now that may not be PC xx "

Tweet from Michael Owen

Surely we will stick to an Englishman as our next manager. And that should run right through the squad from players to tea lady IMO.

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

Yeah, cos that's always worked in the past.

Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan, Steve McLaren and Graham Taylor to name a few.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Tweet from Michael Owen

Surely we will stick to an Englishman as our next manager. And that should run right through the squad from players to tea lady IMO. "

_abio didnt pick owen for the england team, and he hardly started him at real madrid, don't think he would have been micheal owens favourite manager some how

"Two papers printed and apology to Vanessa Peronncel for prying into her private life and admitted that the story wasn't true. JT and Vanessa have steadfastly denied that they had an affair. So at best an alleged affair.

Wayne Bridge believed it enough to refuse to shake his hand. I'd say he had inside knowledge as to whether his missus shagged Terry or not. A newspaper would not be wise to print a truth without 100% evidence that it is in fact true.

As for Fabio,the FA didn't even consult the man about taking the captaincy away from Terry (his captain) not a huge fan of Fabio but I applaud the man for acting on what appears to be a point of principle. A rarity in English football these days

The FA have a responsibility to the England team, it's fans and this country. They cannot support a manager who does not act in the interests of the team. Capello should have 'advised' Terry to step down as captain until his name had been cleared, and urged the FA the sort this debacle out long before the Euros. He had muscle as manager but he seems to have lobbed his toys out of his pram in support of a man who has been stripped of the captaincy TWICE.

He should never have been allowed back in the team after the first incident let alone wear the armband again.

"

1st point..the press always referred to it as an alleged affair,so they weren't printing it as a 'truth'

2nd point i sort of half agree. The FA should have consulted Capello,I personally think JT should have lost the armband the day he was charged,the FA seem to have fudged it again. All tother things aside I still applaud Fabio for making a stand.

Let's just say for arguments sake JT gets off the racism charge and didn't have an affair(as they both claim)Tery has then lost the armband twice and probably damaged England's chances in the Euro's. For What?..nothing.I'd say a witchhunt was about to start but that's been in full swing for quite a while

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Tweet from Michael Owen

Surely we will stick to an Englishman as our next manager. And that should run right through the squad from players to tea lady IMO.

_abio didnt pick owen for the england team, and he hardly started him at real madrid, don't think he would have been micheal owens favourite manager some how"

The tea lady must make a hellish cuppa

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

a couple of things...

1) john terry is now offically "toxic".... if he had done the right thing and just gracefully steped down, he wouldn't have put capello in this position...

2) capello was always a stubborn person, re: the end of his time at real madrid with the david beckham saga... and WC 2010

3) he always backed his players... be it rooney, terry or anyone else...

do i think harry redknapp is the best person for the job... nope.... hiddink is out there.... hodgson has international management experience....

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"An Italian abandoning a sinking ship!!!

Who would have thought it "

lets just hope no one at the english fa resigns.

that would be a disaster.

england appoint best man for the job,

england manager finally maximises the individual players,and teams potential,

england actually win something.

ooooo it's a nightmare scenario,scary stuff.

few organisations,have the aptitude to get it wrong,so consistently.

long may the english fa reign.

"..hodgson has international management experience...."

Oh god no, not Hodgson. He has a miserable loser's face and it rubs off on his players - look at West Brom!!

"a couple of things...

1) john terry is now offically "toxic".... if he had done the right thing and just gracefully steped down, he wouldn't have put capello in this position...

2) capello was always a stubborn person, re: the end of his time at real madrid with the david beckham saga... and WC 2010

do i think harry redknapp is the best person for the job... nope.... hiddink is out there.... hodgson has international management experience...."

As a Chelsea fan I love Guus Hiddink,he turned the season around at Chelsea and we wound up with some silverware but surprisingly his domestic record is dutch titles and an FA Cup,a bit like Steve McClaren

He does seem to have a knack with struggling international teams until recently tho

in the scheme of things is anyone really bothered lol

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

i've always wanted to see martin o'neill in the job personally,

how about alan pardew if you're thinking an english manager?

Norfolk

Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan, Steve McLaren and Graham Taylor to name a few. "

the only manager to lead England to the World Cup was English Sir Alf Ramsey - all the hopes put in Erikson and Capello resulted in nothing either or can you advise me differently?

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Who would have thought it "

But...at least he stood up to the PC ridden FA..I hope they follow him out of the door..

I would love to see an E*****hman take the job...sorry..but you cant be too careful these days..I dont want to get branded a racist.

The World Cup is supposed to be contested between the best of each country who play in it. To my mind that encompasses not just the best players but also the best coaching staff and the best management, and they should all be from the country they are representing. My opinion only.

I've long held the belief that while Capello portrayed himself as a man doing his best for the team that employed him, I cannot help thinking that in the back of his mind he must have also though, "what if they play Italy?"

We've all seen an Italian roll over on the pitch like he's trying to put out a fire when nobody has touched him, so they're not adverse to cheating. There I've said it.

"in the scheme of things is anyone really bothered lol"

Of course! Whoever becomes the new manager is the person we blame for the entire team failing to impress as usual!

Norfolk

and we might get some decent kit back - whats that all about, Italian Blue shorts? we've always had navy blue shorts and that new 'away' kit - we have always had red not some awful blue stuff. (with the exception of sky blue in the 1970 worldcup before someone else says about it)

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"and we might get some decent kit back - whats that all about, Italian Blue shorts? we've always had navy blue shorts and that new 'away' kit - we have always had red not some awful blue stuff. (with the exception of sky blue in the 1970 worldcup before someone else says about it) "

you sound like a girl

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

the only manager to lead England to the World Cup was English Sir Alf Ramsey - all the hopes put in Erikson and Capello resulted in nothing either or can you advise me differently?"

Sadly no, i cant advise you differently.

All i'm saying is that i dont think insisting on having an English manager will neccesarily guarantee better results.

If the FA appoint can someone who gets the best out the team and the results we all want (World Cup win), then i wouldn't care what nationality he was. But that's just me.

Who would have thought it

But...at least he stood up to the PC ridden FA..I hope they follow him out of the door..

I would love to see an E*****hman take the job...sorry..but you cant be too careful these days..I dont want to get branded a racist."

I kind of think he wanted a way out, after what Terry did at the world cup, I'm surprised he playing for never mind captaining England.

Capello is a top flight manager, are we forgetting the ease in which we qualified for the last two competitions.

Harry Redknapp is certainly the best Englishman to take over, I hope he doesn't because I think he still got great things to do with Spurs.

Fookin 'ell!!

On the news now. Capello has been paid £24m since 2008! For not winning a fucking thing!

Erikson was paid a handsome sum for doing exactly the same thing!

Rednapp should take the job pronto, he won't need to evade the taxman as he won't need the extra dosh!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

the only manager to lead England to the World Cup was English Sir Alf Ramsey - all the hopes put in Erikson and Capello resulted in nothing either or can you advise me differently?

Sadly no, i cant advise you differently.

All i'm saying is that i dont think insisting on having an English manager will neccesarily guarantee better results.

If the FA appoint can someone who gets the best out the team and the results we all want (World Cup win), then i wouldn't care what nationality he was. But that's just me."

If they can get us to win world cup it wouldn't bother me if they were human

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 08/02/12 23:32:04]

glasgow

can yous cast your minds back,to a manager called bobby robson.

he took england to a penalty shoot out,in a world cup semi final,against germany i believe.

he resigned after the game.did the english fa,the english press,or even the english fans,beg him to stay.

no,they all said,he's taken us as far as he can,we need fresh blood,new ideas.

do yous remember,then yous appointed, graham taylor,graham fucking taylor.

sometimes it's so true,you reap what you sow.

We aren't likely to win so I say go for Ian Holloway at Blackpool. He is a good man motivator but I would relish the interviews with the press and TV as the guy gives the funniest ones ever.

Holland !

Penalty shootouts are bullshit, they should just make the goal twice as big for extra time.

Or reduce the teams by one member every five minutes of the extra time.

By *tephenb001Man  over a year ago

stapleton

Oh no.

That can mean only one thing we might be loosing alex mccleish.

I'm really gutted and upset this might happen.

Maybe I should start drinking carlsberg.

?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Oh no.

That can mean only one thing we might be loosing alex mccleish.

I'm really gutted and upset this might happen.

Maybe I should start drinking carlsberg.

?"

il drink to that

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

wonder whatever happened to Roy Race.....he was an exceptional player, leader and motivator

"a couple of things...

do i think harry redknapp is the best person for the job... nope.... hiddink is out there.... hodgson has international management experience...."

Why is Hodgson being considered? He messed up the Liverpool job.

I don't think the nationality matters. We've had english managers in the past and England's form and success was mostly poor.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

Does it really matter who gets the job? as I'm sure we all know how we will perform in the european championship this year

Whilst I love harry, I don't think he has the mentality for the job. Harry likes to be with the players day in day out. Only getting a group of players 3 or 4 times a year will not suit his style. We need to poach a top proven international manager from another fa. Someone who we know has performed well on the international stage.

Then we need to leave them to get on with it. Long term planning will produce results.

Gonna hide now as a fair few might not agree. Lol

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

Can someone explain to me why it is still the top news story on TV and radio ???

Is the new manager going to sort out the economy, potential terrorist threats, and the NHS, amongst a list of things that should be higher up the agenda ?

Or am I missing something ?

My one brain cell is now very sore having to think about all that writing !

"Can someone explain to me why it is still the top news story on TV and radio ???

Is the new manager going to sort out the economy, potential terrorist threats, and the NHS, amongst a list of things that should be higher up the agenda ?

My one brain cell is now very sore having to think about all that writing ! "

not at all, but that shows the conpunction of the british media.

and, tbf, its nice to have a bit of time away from the planets going to end. lol.

engladn are more than welcome to hodgeson.

did a decent job keeping us up last year, but we should have gone for someone else in the summer.

the thing i dont understand is the argument about not being able to handle 'big' players. ateotd i didnt realise the size of an ego was equally transferable to their worth on a football field (bently and that wazzock who is on loan at sunderland from arsenal spring to mind, cant think of his name, he is THAT good. lol)

ego's DESTROY teams, they dont make them. thats why the best teams tend to be those without 'big money' signings (looking at newcastle this year as proof, tbh)

"Can someone explain to me why it is still the top news story on TV and radio ???

No idea why, but I bet the politicians, bankers etc are glad it is.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Whilst I love harry, I don't think he has the mentality for the job. Harry likes to be with the players day in day out. Only getting a group of players 3 or 4 times a year will not suit his style. We need to poach a top proven international manager from another fa. Someone who we know has performed well on the international stage.

Then we need to leave them to get on with it. Long term planning will produce results.

Gonna hide now as a fair few might not agree. Lol "

I agree entirely I don't think Harry's approach will work at international level. He's pretty much admitted in the past that he doesn't have much tactical insight and relies on motivating good players. No matter how motivated England get they're not going to beat the likes of France unless the tactics are spot on too.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I lost all interest in our national team a long time ago. Harry will certainly change that even if only temporariliy.

We have a marketable product in the Premiership. Behind Spain or just in front it's the most watchable football perhaps in the world.

On a national level we are inept. Look over the years and of course recent ones where we fail to outplay the supposedly lesser teams, in most cases they outpass us and have better ability on the ball.

To watch we can be dreadful, we don't even have that hard in battle ethos anymore.

I've loved the game my whole life but to put it in perspective I chose to work at the cricket at Old Trafford Eng v Aussies when we last came up against the Germans.

How much more hope can we have, how many more times can we get sucked into the hype and in tournaments watch the two week patriots feel like the worlds ended when we crash out.

We're shit and we know we are.

t's much better not getting drawn in and watching the better teams, the footballing teams perform and enjoying football as it should be played.

I spend the best part of my day thinking about those things. We all do! But from time to time, the need to have a gossip about something other than how the world is f**ked is neccessary to stop us going completely insane.

Besides, Most come to Fabs to get away from all that for a while. But don't let that stop you starting a post of your own!

By *irty_bhamMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"I lost all interest in our national team a long time ago. Harry will certainly change that even if only temporariliy.

We have a marketable product in the Premiership. Behind Spain or just in front it's the most watchable football perhaps in the world.

On a national level we are inept. Look over the years and of course recent ones where we fail to outplay the supposedly lesser teams, in most cases they outpass us and have better ability on the ball.

To watch we can be dreadful, we don't even have that hard in battle ethos anymore.

I've loved the game my whole life but to put it in perspective I chose to work at the cricket at Old Trafford Eng v Aussies when we last came up against the Germans.

How much more hope can we have, how many more times can we get sucked into the hype and in tournaments watch the two week patriots feel like the worlds ended when we crash out.

We're shit and we know we are.

t's much better not getting drawn in and watching the better teams, the footballing teams perform and enjoying football as it should be played.

"

maybe if, as a nation we shifted our attention and support for the game it might help to bring back that certain something that started to filter out as the money flooded in?

you can never buy true passion.

all you will ever get is an expensive and inferior copy

» Add a new message to this topic