FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gasland

Gasland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watched this documentary on Fracking.

You tube Fracking if you don't know what it is and what it involves.

They've started here in the Uk but it will soon spread round most if not all the Uk.

Governments/fracking companies want to you to believe its safe but does ruin the environment, your health etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

France and Bulgaria have already banned it, as have some Ireland county councils.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

There is strong evidence that experimental fracking caused an earth tremor near Blackpool last year.. I know that sounds like I'm setting up a punchline, but no, true story.

Gasland is a great documentary and a chilling story, really hope it doesn't take off here without proper investigation/safety checks etc.. knowing the energy industry though, I won't hold my breath.

They tried to get it off the ground down here in the Vale of Glamorgan and a big public outcry (largely driven by online pressure groups) has made them back down, but only temporarily I suspect - where big money is to be made, these corporations will always push it through no matter what us ordinary folks think..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yeah was a great film/docu. Was disturbing as well at how bad things are and all those people suffering, yet governments were like no evidence.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it goes under other names too. In order to confuse and befuddle joe public.

It is said to be dangerous in many ways one of which is pollutions seeping into the water table. We may not see the effects of this for many years to come.

The Government do not want people to talk about it. Think it's a clique?

» Add a new message to this topic