FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bitching and sniping

bitching and sniping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the forums the past few days all i have saw is bitching,sniping and people goading people on ( i'm not saying i'm whiter than white)

could we just take a step back and if you are going to type something that may seem tongue in cheek, might not be construed as the same to them!

if you have nothing nice to say zip it and dont say nothing at all.

sorry if this offends but some of the shit i have saw recently in here has made my blood boil

Harassment can be via here, as well as in person and some people cant always take a joke or comment

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"In the forums the past few days all i have saw is bitching,sniping and people goading people on ( i'm not saying i'm whiter than white)

could we just take a step back and if you are going to type something that may seem tongue in cheek, might not be construed as the same to them!

sorry if this offends but some of the shit i have saw recently in here has made my blood boil

Harassment can be via here, as well as in person and some people cant always take a joke or comment "

Will always be a problem with a the typed word Jaqs...

i know but sometimes people arent that's strong and could take it to heart

im big enough and strong enough to take it when i have given it out but someone people arent thats all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not trying to be argumentative so I apologise in advance if my reply comes across in this way.

If some people cant take a joke or comment though should they not post in the first place? It's like asking for someone's opinion about a subject and then not liking their answer in my eyes?

I agree with any nastyness thats posted as we can all disagree but do it in a nice way!

I just dont agree with not being able to take a joke or comment thats all

I'm waffling now so I will shut up!!!

Did you watch the cyber bullying documentary last night by any chance Jacqs? x

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I don't like to see it, and I sometimes read between the lines and pick up on the tone. Usually I'll chuck a patent Wolf Red Herring in...

My Grans motto was 'if ya can't say nothing good about anyone, say nothing at all' too... spot on there Jacqs. These days though there's an opinion for everything, even opinions...

Wolf

i would like to state there is a differece between goading/sniping/bullying and constructive critisicm, that if taken the correct way, would have improved the legibility of someones posts, but was taken the wrong way completely.

"Did you watch the cyber bullying documentary last night by any chance Jacqs? x"

no i had to discipline someone for it at work this week and wasnt nice and made me think thats all

the documentry is on skyplus to watch later x

"Did you watch the cyber bullying documentary last night by any chance Jacqs? x"
I did .... it made me think too . Words can cutt like a kife at times .. and play on people minds and thay can end up doing all sorts to themselfs .. New laws are coming in to stop some of this going on .

the laws are already in place jo x

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

One man's meet is another man's poison.

Are your sensitivities on the correct setting?

"i would like to state there is a differece between goading/sniping/bullying and constructive critisicm, that if taken the correct way, would have improved the legibility of someones posts, but was taken the wrong way completely."

i agree there x

constructive criticism i havent got a problem with long as its done fairly but sometimes im too blunt

"im big enough and strong enough to take it when i have given it out but someone people arent thats all"

Doesn't that statement fly in the face of what you said about zipping it if you've nothing nice to say?

I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads.

"I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads."

Are you telling me this isnt a would you thread????????

I'm in the wrong place

"I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads.

I'm in the wrong place "

Would you shut up.

"im big enough and strong enough to take it when i have given it out but someone people arent thats all

Doesn't that statement fly in the face of what you said about zipping it if you've nothing nice to say?

I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads."

thats true i dont need sugar coating, i work with too many men and trust me they are worse than women!!

its not using the site im just saying some times we all post stuff that people could take offence at

"I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads.

I'm in the wrong place

Would you shut up. "

can I get between you pair please as I think I could shut you up

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I'm in the wrong place

Would you shut up. "

Have already zipped it as instructed...

"im big enough and strong enough to take it when i have given it out but someone people arent thats all

I take umbrage with someone telling me not to use the site if what I want to say isn't sugar covered and is the melt in your mouth type goo you find on the 'Would you...above' threads.

thats true i dont need sugar coating, i work with too many men and trust me they are worse than women!!

its not using the site im just saying some times we all post stuff that people could take offence at"

True, but some people find offence not because of what was said but who was saying it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

ah..

'free speech' is ok if some agree with what or how others opinions are..?

so when someone posts something pretty offensive as has happened, the response should be...well what exactly?

may as well close all the forums now then..

its not using the site im just saying some times we all post stuff that people could take offence at

True, but some people find offence not because of what was said but who was saying it. "

true I hate you at times u say what i was thinking

If you can dish it out , then learn to take some back.

Its as simple as that .

I'm in the wrong place

Would you shut up. "

Laughing here

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"

ah..

so when someone posts something pretty offensive as has happened, the response should be...well what exactly?

may as well close all the forums now then.. "

hmmm, now remind me, which american sport has "offensive" and "defensive" teams?

"

ah..

may as well close all the forums now then.. "

unless its us that posts something that has happened, then WE get a timeout ban

mods patrol and there is a report button. Bitching does not have to be aimed at you to report it. Take action if you do not like it and FAB will deal with it.

"mods patrol and there is a report button. Bitching does not have to be aimed at you to report it. Take action if you do not like it and FAB will deal with it."

many people see this as grassing. Ive saw some pretty horrid stuff in chat and i will report it if i find it offensive or is illegal

True, but some people find offence not because of what was said but who was saying it.

true I hate you at times u say what i was thinking "

hahaha good un!

"mods patrol and there is a report button. Bitching does not have to be aimed at you to report it. Take action if you do not like it and FAB will deal with it.

many people see this as grassing. Ive saw some pretty horrid stuff in chat and i will report it if i find it offensive or is illegal"

quite right too. more should do it, keep the forums freindly and inviting. xx

"mods patrol and there is a report button. Bitching does not have to be aimed at you to report it. Take action if you do not like it and FAB will deal with it."

Are you reading wishy !!!!! Tell me to shut it ... this will teach you

*taps report button repeadly*

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I agree. If you report a post if a mod has missed it goes straight to Admin who check it out.

As Be nice says, it doesn't have to be something against yourself....if you think something is going on just report.

The best thing to do is do what Admin ask on the top of the rules and you won't go far wrong ( pasted below )

In summary: If you treat other people with respect, you can't go far wrong. Don't forget that the forums are meant to be fun, if you find yourself fuming and writing long angry messages you're probably best taking a break from it.

Now I am sure the thread was posted with good intentions but these type of threads have a habit of turning sour...and as I have had to remove posts already, for ironically being bitchy and nasty, then I am going to shut this.