FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ghosts n ghoulies

ghosts n ghoulies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

are you a believer?

just been watching an inter_iew in tv with a girl that was possesed by a poltergiest i remeber it being in the paper and i can't remember where it was even though i just watched the inter_iew i've forgotten where it was already

but anyhoo my point is do you believe in such things?

i don't i have to be honest believe it or not i think i'm too logical a thinker to believe in such things i always try to find a reason for things rather than just believe blindly

i do respect others wishes to believe and will not ridicule those that do but i just can't bring myself to be drawn into it all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Yes...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think for me i want to believe rather than truly believing.

I have had experiences that i cant quite explain as a few friends and family have also. Mat seeks to find a 'logical' reason whereas I tend to try and prove it was paranormal. If that makes sense

Sarah x

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I'm 50/50, I do believe there is something else 'here', well not in this house (I hope) but have had smells and things happen that I can't explain. But then there are rational explanations for some things, but I haven't been convinced from my experiences that they weren't paranormal.

I inherited a relatives car and now and again I get a smell of him when I'm driving even though I've had the car for years.

The morning my late nan passed away, I woke up to what felt like someone was shaking me. I woke up and there was no one there. 5 minutes later, the hospital rang to say she was on her way and we should get there as soon as we could to say goodbye. When we got there we were 5 minutes too late, I always wonder if it was her.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i will resist the temptation to make a joke about a nice pair of ghoulies and say im really not sure on this one , i have had experiences that i cannot explain...but they could just be coincidences also

there are many strange and wonderous things in this world and beyond, but can think of more fun things to be drawn into.

A ghost would have to be a perpetual motion machine, and therefore break the laws of thermodynamics... So, I don't believe!

Don't believe as such. However, have had some weird unexplained things happen to and around me. I believe that we have senses that are more finally tuned in some people, that can absorb and read non-verbal communication easily, so, unless you are aware of this phenomenon, you think it's esp/ghosts etc. I happen to use it most days and I think of it as a bit special. But lots of people do it. Now I just sound nuts lolol

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

" Now I just sound nuts lolol "

not as nuts as me lol

we had some odd goings on in our first house that made me start to wonder but i would always try my hardest to find a logical explanation

i would love to be proved wrong seriously i would can think of nothing more fun than coming face to face with a ghost but i can honestly say i could spend a night on my lonesome in a so called haunted house without any fear at all, can't say i won't jump at any noises as i'm a very easy jumper (actually love being made to jump is that odd?) but i know for fact once i had jumped i would reason out in my head what the noise was rather than get scared

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

We not just talking about little Caspers floating about all over the place lol

So many unexplained happenings go on...

I prefer to call them "Cosmic Jokers"

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We not just talking about little Caspers floating about all over the place lol

So many unexplained happenings go on...

I prefer to call them "Cosmic Jokers" "

Del boy would call them that too

I do believe in these things and what annoys me the most is the fakes out there that make money out of people beliefs..

My family history is mostly in that area.. so it annoys me when you get so called physics trying to fleece people.. its a gift.. or a curse which ever way you want to look at it..and its meant to be a small token to be exchanged.. yet you get people handing over small fortunes..

My late mother used to do a lot of stuff in this area.. house cleansings.. tarot readinds and doing work for people.. and was well respected but would only take the smallest of things from people..

At one point she had so much work from the asian community ( which at the time surprised me) that we had meals being cooked and brought to us on a regular basis.

Do I believe in ghosts.. oh yes.. do I think that most sightings are imagination or other thigns yes.. but I do believe.

Cali

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"are you a believer?

just been watching an inter_iew in tv with a girl that was possesed by a poltergiest i remeber it being in the paper and i can't remember where it was even though i just watched the inter_iew i've forgotten where it was already

"

The Enfield Poltergeist?

I'm a rational thinker and know ghosts are a load of old tosh, when you are dead, you are worm-food, end of story.

However, when I'm in my parents' haunted house, and I hear a door slam upstairs, footsteps go across the floor above, then down the stairs, whilst my dog hides behind the sofa and I stare through the open door at empty space on the staircase, I have second thoughts.

What it is, I can't say, but I do know that when I've been upstairs and got sick of hearing banging and crashing, running feet, slamming doors downstairs etc, and have shouted "Will you please knock it off, you are driving me mad!", it has stopped, just like that.

I've even seen things drop out of thin air, from the corner of my eye, things that I've hunted for for weeks, things that couldn't possibly have escaped me for so long in plain _iew, right at the point I accept they are finally lost forever. I always say "Thank You"...

Theres somthing ... just not sure about it all ... but have seen a ghost x

I believe in ghosts, my mum saw one when i was a kid in the cellar and so did the neighbour.

Absolutely not. When ya dead ya dead, lights out. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I believe in goats.

"I believe in goats."

Dyslexic spectres huh?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"I believe in goats.

Dyslexic spectres huh? "

No I don't believe in them. Just goats.

Yes I'm a believer.

For a number of reasons but the main reason is because of what happened to my mum after each of her children where born, when my older sister and i where born when we where a few weeks old, my mum woke in the night and saw my great grandmother standing over the cot smiling down at us, it always brought her great comfort.

When my younger sister was born she woke again to see my great grandmother standing over the cot crying....Within a few days my sister died of cot death.

Some things just cant be explained.

Kat x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum and dad's old house was haunted by a woman. It was really strange experiences sometimes. It was a really old house and it just felt haunted all the time. I'd hear her walk about it was just eerie..

yes i belive in ghosts

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Not in the slightest.

If I am totally honest, I really can't take seriously anyone who does.... as much as I try.

I believe!

I am part of a paranormal investigation team and so go ghost hunting. It's great fun and I love the old buildings etc. I've had a lot of things going on over the years, somehow think I attract em lol. The key is to look at 'evidence' with a scientific approach and attempt to 'debunk' it, anything that you can't find any logical explanation for is paranormal

By *urner23Man  over a year ago

derbyshire

i very much believe,there strange things happen in my house that can not be explained x

No, I can't take it seriously. Kate though, swears her old house was haunted by an old lady

What I'd like to know is why ghosts pick houses that have creaky floorboards. Why not pick a brand new house that's fully carpetted throughout with all mod cons. And why only come out at night time? Do ghosts have a concept of time?

Hocus pocus if you ask me.

I'd like to believe it..... random people have seen things in my house (they didn't know each other) I never have....neither have the animals who are apparently more "attuned" to that sort of thing...I'm just pissed that my Nana apparently appeared to someone else bar me!

"What I'd like to know is why ghosts pick houses that have creaky floorboards. Why not pick a brand new house that's fully carpetted throughout with all mod cons. And why only come out at night time? Do ghosts have a concept of time?

Hocus pocus if you ask me. "

for the same reason as it's always the nutters who get abducted and "probed" by aliens

Ghouls n' Ghosts do exist!!! It was the sequel to the Ghosts n' Goblins coin-op by Capcom in the 80's

"are you a believer?

The Enfield Poltergeist?

I'm a rational thinker and know ghosts are a load of old tosh, when you are dead, you are worm-food, end of story.

However, when I'm in my parents' haunted house, and I hear a door slam upstairs, footsteps go across the floor above, then down the stairs, whilst my dog hides behind the sofa and I stare through the open door at empty space on the staircase, I have second thoughts.

What it is, I can't say, but I do know that when I've been upstairs and got sick of hearing banging and crashing, running feet, slamming doors downstairs etc, and have shouted "Will you please knock it off, you are driving me mad!", it has stopped, just like that.

I've even seen things drop out of thin air, from the corner of my eye, things that I've hunted for for weeks, things that couldn't possibly have escaped me for so long in plain _iew, right at the point I accept they are finally lost forever. I always say "Thank You"..."

There was one occasion, when my boy was still a baby and I was trying to settle him one night. Was completely restless and kept staring at this particular point above his cot. Just wouldn't go off to sleep at all.

Eventually I got fed up and said, "Do you mind, I'm trying to get my son to sleep" Couple of minutes later, he was snoring his little head off..

Oh and my little girl used to complain about seeing a dog in the corner of her room..

i think there's definately 'something' especially in the house where i work. it keeps messing up a bed in one of the rooms, and i get accused of not making it

now spookily enough when i got into bed last night and flicked the tv on Derren Browns prog The Seance was on

i just love this fella the way he shows how stuff like this is all just a con and how you can manage to convince yourself how something is real without even realising, he is so incredibly clever i just love love love him

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"i think there's definately 'something'"

Oh yes, just a bit. I've seen and had stuff happen over the years that I really just can't explain, and no the dope wasn't that good...

Wolf

» Add a new message to this topic