FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad weather due or not

Bad weather due or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok ok so I dont no about anyone else but I seen a goverment warning on TV last night regarding the sheer panic as the country is about to come to a complete stand still here in the UK with all this snow we are due to have. Anyone travelling in Icy conditions should it said and I quote be prepared and take along a shovel,blankets, sleeping bag, extra warm clothing (including a scarf, hat and gloves), 24 hr supply of food and drink, De Icer, rock salt, a torch with spare batteries, safety triangle, tow rope, petrol can, 1st aid kit, jump leads, a mobile phone fully charged, and last but not least reading material should you be stranded for a long time until emergency services can get through to rescue you!.

I LOOKED A RIGHT TWAT ON THE BUS THIS MORNING I CAN TELL YA! lol imagine my dissapointment tho when I woke to look through the window and find no sign of snow here in Wigan and just a toch of frost instead with no sign at all of David Jason in my garden

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" Ok ok so I dont no about anyone else but I seen a goverment warning on TV last night regarding the sheer panic as the country is about to come to a complete stand still here in the UK with all this snow we are due to have. Anyone travelling in Icy conditions should it said and I quote be prepared and take along a shovel,blankets, sleeping bag, extra warm clothing (including a scarf, hat and gloves), 24 hr supply of food and drink, De Icer, rock salt, a torch with spare batteries, safety triangle, tow rope, petrol can, 1st aid kit, jump leads, a mobile phone fully charged, and last but not least reading material should you be stranded for a long time until emergency services can get through to rescue you!.

I LOOKED A RIGHT TWAT ON THE BUS THIS MORNING I CAN TELL YA! lol imagine my dissapointment tho when I woke to look through the window and find no sign of snow here in Wigan and just a toch of frost instead with no sign at all of David Jason in my garden"

I love it !!!!!! had me roaring

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

You forgot a small butane stove for snow melting n huddling round - not much of a fecking survivalist are ya

we got 6inches last night(snow as well,lol) had to cancel clubmeet boooooo!! too bad to travel

stupid how people panic in this country over a lil snow and the country comes to a stand still.

The rest of the world laughs at us, look at the East of Europe and how much snow they've had -22 in some parts and their country isnt panicing or coming to a stand still.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"

"

Echo echo echo haha didnt realise had double posted sorry hun must be lack of snow syndrom x

It was so warm this afternoon I only had 3 layers (short-sleeve T shirt, shirt and a fleece) when I went walking with the dog.

All the snow has melted.

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

bet your life it freezes tonight and is extra dicey in the morning though.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"stupid how people panic in this country over a lil snow and the country comes to a stand still.

The rest of the world laughs at us, look at the East of Europe and how much snow they've had -22 in some parts and their country isnt panicing or coming to a stand still. "

They laugh at us and rightly so as we are a fecking joke every winter. and summer is no better as two consecutive sunny days constitutes a hose pipe ban

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"stupid how people panic in this country over a lil snow and the country comes to a stand still.

The rest of the world laughs at us, look at the East of Europe and how much snow they've had -22 in some parts and their country isnt panicing or coming to a stand still. "

where was this 'panic' you talk about?

some folk got caught out on the roads, 4 stuck tube trains and a reduction in flights from heathrow..

hardly a panic.....?

some of the countries affected have had severe problems with their infrastructure...

people being moved into emergency communal shelters etc..

and sadlu several deaths so whilst 'they' may not be panicking they are struggling in some places ..

» Add a new message to this topic