FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Long-johns....

Long-johns....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I need some today , lol as out side .. where do that name come from Long johns ... WAS HE JOHN AND LONG , LOL

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

went out and got some thermal underwear yesterday as i know i will freeze later!!!

fingers crossed it will work

"went out and got some thermal underwear yesterday as i know i will freeze later!!!

fingers crossed it will work"

i need some as get so cold even with legging under my jeans . Must look into it x x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"went out and got some thermal underwear yesterday as i know i will freeze later!!!

fingers crossed it will work i need some as get so cold even with legging under my jeans . Must look into it x x"

got mine from SportSoccer , £16 for a top and leggings. Aldi sell them to sometimes but doubt they do my size lol

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"I need some today , lol as out side .. where do that name come from Long johns ... WAS HE JOHN AND LONG , LOL "

Lol I get given them at xmas Jo, bit difficult when nature calls on a cold day, if im out boating.

fingers crossed it will work i need some as get so cold even with legging under my jeans . Must look into it x x

got mine from SportSoccer , £16 for a top and leggings. Aldi sell them to sometimes but doubt they do my size lol"

Thankyou i will go look in there later xx do you know even after a bath i was she cold yesterday , lol

"I need some today , lol as out side .. where do that name come from Long johns ... WAS HE JOHN AND LONG , LOL

Lol I get given them at xmas Jo, bit difficult when nature calls on a cold day, if im out boating. "

lolol i bet do thay not have the open bit at the front ? xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The manufacturing foundations of long johns may lie in Derbyshire, England, at John Smedley's Lea Mills, located in Matlock. The company has a 225-year heritage and is said to have created the garment, reputedly named after the late-19th-century heavyweight boxer John L. Sullivan; the company still produces long johns.

In 2004, Michael Quinion, a British etymologist and writer, postulated that the "john" in the item of apparel may be a reference to Sullivan, who wore a similar-looking garment in the ring. This explanation, however, is uncertain and the word's origin is ultimately unknown.

Got mine all washed and ready though.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"I need some today , lol as out side .. where do that name come from Long johns ... WAS HE JOHN AND LONG , LOL

Lol I get given them at xmas Jo, bit difficult when nature calls on a cold day, if im out boating. lolol i bet do thay not have the open bit at the front ? xxx"

Yes, they have the open bit.

I've not embarrassed myself yet, but been pretty close. xxx

"The manufacturing foundations of long johns may lie in Derbyshire, England, at John Smedley's Lea Mills, located in Matlock. The company has a 225-year heritage and is said to have created the garment, reputedly named after the late-19th-century heavyweight boxer John L. Sullivan; the company still produces long johns.

In 2004, Michael Quinion, a British etymologist and writer, postulated that the "john" in the item of apparel may be a reference to Sullivan, who wore a similar-looking garment in the ring. This explanation, however, is uncertain and the word's origin is ultimately unknown.

Got mine all washed and ready though. "

wowwwwwww WELL i like to learn somthing new everyday thankyou xxxxxxxx i need to get some. x

[Removed by poster at 04/02/12 10:48:09]

» Add a new message to this topic