FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > As a Brit what do you Hate about Britain ?

As a Brit what do you Hate about Britain ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well we had the love so now the hate xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The weather!

Chavs

the music spawned from X-Factor

the government

"the music spawned from X-Factor"
lol really well get ear plugs

By *ugartitsandhimCouple  over a year ago

North West

TAX !!!!!!!!!!!!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Def the weather

price of fuel after shell bragging about billions of pounds profits

The in runway at Manchester airport xx

Chavs

Music aka X-factor rubbish

Weather

Government

Reality TV shows

British dramas, crime or pretty much most british TV

Tax esp since they are in talks to change it so you pay more for sugary items to cut down on people gaining weight. Once again those who exercise regularly, keep healthy who can eat what they like have to pay more because someone doesn't exercise.

I could go on....

"the music spawned from X-Factor"

+1

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

The cult of celebrity

The lack of respect for intellectual accomplishment

Pulling ppl down when they do well

"the music spawned from X-Factor

+1"

Gotta agree with this. From like September to Xmas, the charts are dominated by X-factor. Then they go do covers of amazing songs and ruin it.

Leona lewis - nine inch nails/JohnnyCash hurt

Whoeva did Googoodolls Iris and so on.

"The weather! "
yes its up and down most the year , xxx

"Chavs

Music aka X-factor rubbish

Weather

Government

Reality TV shows

British dramas, crime or pretty much most british TV

Tax esp since they are in talks to change it so you pay more for sugary items to cut down on people gaining weight. Once again those who exercise regularly, keep healthy who can eat what they like have to pay more because someone doesn't exercise.

I could go on...."

if you emigrate, don't choose canada

the fab chat rooms are always empty !

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

people who have opinions on the price of everything but know nothing about the value of anything!

Those with a lack of respect for anyone.

An 'I'm alright, Jack' attitude.

Hello and OK magazines.

Celebrities who have achieved nothing!

People who want to know about celebrities who have achieved nothing.

People who disagree with my point of view.

how it seems to have changed since i was a youth. maybe its just my neck of the woods tho

hexham

"The weather! yes its up and down most the year , xxx"

i love the british weather...we dont have extremes, try living somewhere with 90% humidity and temperatures over 90 most of the summer...our weather is fab!

By *rPandSlutCouple  over a year ago

wakefield

X-factor (everything about it)

Government and spending cuts.

Disrespectful kids and teenagers (which isn't just the chavs)

Lack of authority and lack of people who are just quite simply law abiding.

Nightclubs full of teenagers.

The list goes on....

"The weather! yes its up and down most the year , xxx

i love the british weather...we dont have extremes, try living somewhere with 90% humidity and temperatures over 90 most of the summer...our weather is fab!"

well i wish our summer was not over by july .. we have been having summer may june .

hexham

i love the british weather...we dont have extremes, try living somewhere with 90% humidity and temperatures over 90 most of the summer...our weather is fab!well i wish our summer was not over by july .. we have been having summer may june . "

hey there was a sunny day in october too

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

What I hate about Britain is - the people who keep banging on about overweight people, and the money it costs the NHS, what about the smokers, and the money it costs the NHS to treat cancer and other related diseases smoking causes.

Ok, rant over now... daresay I will get backlash from saying this, but I don't care, it just gets my back up.

Devil

Leicestershire

And by the way, I was a smoker for many years and have now been a non smoker for the last 18 years.

Devil

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

the weathr high fuel costs for travel politicians all of them

"And by the way, I was a smoker for many years and have now been a non smoker for the last 18 years.

Devil "

smokers pay way more in tax than they ever cost

i love the british weather...we dont have extremes, try living somewhere with 90% humidity and temperatures over 90 most of the summer...our weather is fab!well i wish our summer was not over by july .. we have been having summer may june .

hey there was a sunny day in october too "

sure was , lol when i was a little girl our summers would last months , lol

i love the british weather...we dont have extremes, try living somewhere with 90% humidity and temperatures over 90 most of the summer...our weather is fab!well i wish our summer was not over by july .. we have been having summer may june .

hey there was a sunny day in october too sure was , lol when i was a little girl our summers would last months , lol "

and it never rained on school hols

hey there was a sunny day in october too sure was , lol when i was a little girl our summers would last months , lol

and it never rained on school hols "

your right we never got alot of rain just long summer days , Now its hit and miss our summer .

EDL

The fact the flu jab doesn't work

(you may ask "as opposed to other countries where it does work ?", but I just wanted to moan about being ill)

By *ndrew MannMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm Scottish so couldn't give a flying F about Britain PMSL

On a more serious note however Britain still seems to think its Great Britain with an Empire...wake up and smell the roses, it's just a wee shitty island off the coast of France, the outcast bastard child of the European Union lol

Off course I jest or do I !!!

"I'm Scottish so couldn't give a flying F about Britain PMSL

On a more serious note however Britain still seems to think its Great Britain with an Empire...wake up and smell the roses, it's just a wee shitty island off the coast of France, the outcast bastard child of the European Union lol

Off course I jest or do I !!! "

my grandad would have a fit reading that if he was alive after years in the wars for the Empire ..

Edinburgh

hey there was a sunny day in october too sure was , lol when i was a little girl our summers would last months , lol "

When I was a little boy summers lasted all school holidays and was out from 8am until 10pm, those were the days

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

too close to the French and Germans

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Olympic standard moaning and the fact we think we're better than anyone else. I mean, we are, but we shouldn't let others know we know that!

"And by the way, I was a smoker for many years and have now been a non smoker for the last 18 years.

Devil "

That's what gets my back up in this country - reformed smokers. Pious to a man. all of 'em.

hey there was a sunny day in october too sure was , lol when i was a little girl our summers would last months , lol

When I was a little boy summers lasted all school holidays and was out from 8am until 10pm, those were the days "

I long for those days again. Cracked earth due to weeks and weeks of unbroken sunshine. Bike rides in the countryside without having to carry warm weather clothing 'just in case'.

Edinburgh

Off course I jest or do I !!! my grandad would have a fit reading that if he was alive after years in the wars for the Empire .."

Sorry it wasn't meant to be disrespectful to anyone, I have total respect for any past, current or future armed forces members and have serving family members. But there is a certain arrogance by some in this country that still thinks we rule the world, those times are long gone x

Leicestershire

Devil

That's what gets my back up in this country - reformed smokers. Pious to a man. all of 'em. "

I am not a reformed smoker, most of my friends still smoke, if anyone wants to smoke, then that's up to them, I just hate all the crap that people say about overweight people and how much they cost the NHS and no one says a jot about smokers, which is just as damaging to your health as obesity is.

Devil

The fact we've created a whole class of people who think it's acceptable to live off the state rather than get of their Jeremy Kyle watching arsed and work like the rest of us!

The ever increasing compensation culture that's grows daily and the constant bombardment of adverts seeking to make money from ambulance chasing, accidents (if there's no blame - should be no claim!) and encouraging people to think they're entitled to sue anyone and everyone!

Payday lenders - nothing more than legal loan sharks preying on the vulnerable.

Fuel prices! How come were not protesting anymore????

The list - sadly - grows longer daily! Right - enough ranting for a Friday - looking forward to that great British pastime of skiving off early on a Friday! See - it's not all bad! Lol

The weather.

Rip-off Britain with sky high prices for fuel, gas, food and housing.

The Con-Dem govt.

The cuts.

Chav scum in baseball hats and hoodies.

The mean-spirit that has descended on to this nation turning many groups into scapegoats.

Premiership football with sky high prices and astronomical wages.

....and people who moan

Off course I jest or do I !!! my grandad would have a fit reading that if he was alive after years in the wars for the Empire ..

Sorry it wasn't meant to be disrespectful to anyone, I have total respect for any past, current or future armed forces members and have serving family members. But there is a certain arrogance by some in this country that still thinks we rule the world, those times are long gone x "

If you didn't mean to be disrepectful you wouldn't have said something disrepectful, would you?

ooooh a grumpy old men/women thread....what pees me off about Britain is how we all are an easy touch for people trying to exploit us and our generous multi culteral nation...how we always sorry when someone steps on "our " toe !

Devil

That's what gets my back up in this country - reformed smokers. Pious to a man. all of 'em.

I am not a reformed smoker, most of my friends still smoke, if anyone wants to smoke, then that's up to them, I just hate all the crap that people say about overweight people and how much they cost the NHS and no one says a jot about smokers, which is just as damaging to your health as obesity is.

Devil "

somkers, drinkers, over weight people all cost the HNS millions every year but most people who fit into these categories work and pay into the NHS system, the tax man does not say.....oh keep your tax your a smoker does he? there for if we get smoking related illnesses why should'nt we get back health care that we have paid into all our working lifes? isnt that what we pay into it for?

Those reality shows.. I'm a Celeb etc.. Celeb Big Brother .. pish pile of goo, and we fookin exported it to the rest of the globe and now we're in a world of shite!

Edinburgh

"ooooh a grumpy old men/women thread....what pees me off about Britain is how we all are an easy touch for people trying to exploit us and our generous multi culteral nation...how we always sorry when someone steps on "our " toe !"

Step on my toe and I'll box their ears, rip their head off and shit down their neck.....and relax lol sorry slipped into grumpy old man mode

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Medical tourists!!! Grrrrrrrr

"Those reality shows.. I'm a Celeb etc.. Celeb Big Brother .. pish pile of goo, and we fookin exported it to the rest of the globe and now we're in a world of shite! "
lol alot look at them shows and hate to own up to it. xx Nothing was said about B/B on forums i put on post thay was slagging them off saying all sorts , lol but thats fab at times for you . x

By *xccvvMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire North East

Women having the vote but only know about shoes and soaps lol

"The cult of celebrity

The lack of respect for intellectual accomplishment

Pulling ppl down when they do well

"

As the kind of people who don't respect intellectual accomplishment are usually the kind of people who are incapable of it, what they think (if indeed anything remotely resembling a thought has ever passed through their very small brains) is surely of inconceivably small importance!

"Women having the vote but only know about shoes and soaps lol"

Morning Sir, would you like your rope in Gold or Silver, and would you like the noose fur-lined or natural?

whats soap?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Our binge drinking culture....

Whinging Brits who don't know when they are well off....

Torquay

Brits who get hooked on so called celebrities and believe they live squeaky clean lives....

Forgot to add to my list: men who haven't worked out that women have the right to do what the hell they want these days.

By *illbillMan  over a year ago

dublin

the cult of celebrity , tabloid sensational media which is fostering a generation of shallow materialistic morons, bad planning and ugly concrete buildings. excessive binge drinking and street volience and right wing torys

Our justice system.. it is beyond a joke sometimes!

The rigid class system and the hypocrisy that goes with it . The gap between rich and poor. Little Englanders who can't get it into their very small heads that the Empire no longer exists .People who constantly complain about people on benefits and yet bow and scrape to the Royal Family, the biggest parasites in the country. Daily Mail readers with their handful of O Levels who think they know everything and actually know very little. Sun readers who say "I'm not racist but...."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

some of the above..

the fact that we dont have the backbone of the french who dont take any shit..

the sheer apathy of the general populous sucked in by the political class..

deserve what we get..

over zelous Elf n safety

a seeming lack of respect for human life.

mass immigration

chavs

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Brits abroad.....wanting it just to be like home.....

"the music spawned from X-Factor lol really well get ear plugs "

Why should I?

"the music spawned from X-Factor lol really well get ear plugs

Why should I? "

well if your turning it on and dont wish to here , lol

Torquay

Why should I? "

Is it so difficult to avoid?

It's not compulsory to listen to anything on tv or radio....

Why should I?

It's not compulsory to listen to anything on tv or radio...."

I never know why people turn on and look at things like X.fator if its not there things and know its not for them . Theres so much more on tv if not there thing .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Why should I?

It's not compulsory to listen to anything on tv or radio.... I never know why people turn on and look at things like X.fator if its not there things and know its not for them . Theres so much more on tv if not there thing ."

gives them an excuse to whine...

namby pamby do gooders,soft judges,disrespectful people.Oh and that fkn EU, dictating to us stupid laws.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

The Daily Mail.

The upper classes and corporate elite who do and take what they want and do far more damags than "chav scum"

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

The squiggly bits around the edges. I prefer smooth curves on my coastlines.

everything but the chocolate and the architecture...

to the OP....it may have been quicker and easier to read if you posted "what do you all like about the uk?" lol i agree with most of the replies in this forum, hence my future attempts at getting out of here. but who knows if it's a case of "the grass isn't always greener" :s x

"The squiggly bits around the edges. I prefer smooth curves on my coastlines."

You can't trust geology, the bastard!

» Add a new message to this topic