FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab vegans

Fab vegans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious if there are any other vegans here?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don’t worry they will tell you soon enough.

I went vegan 18 months ago, have been vegetarian for 20 years plus before then

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

Full vegan here and proud to be so

"Full vegan here and proud to be so "

Nice one. I'm proud to be one too x

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Are you a full on vegan or just plant based diet? Since veganism became trendy I've seen a lot of "celebs" in various articles being martyrs to the cause but they are still wearing leather items.

"Are you a full on vegan or just plant based diet? Since veganism became trendy I've seen a lot of "celebs" in various articles being martyrs to the cause but they are still wearing leather items."

Vegan for 30yrs so been there way before it was cool lol

Also, this is a serious question so please don't take it the wrong way.

Has veganism gone too far? (Not talking about attention seeking militants). There are now a raft of supermarket items where they are trying to recreate meat items but with veggies (Not very successfully I am told by meat eaters who have tried them)

As a dyed in the wool omnivore, I love veggies. But when I want veggies, I want to celebrate them being just that - not some kind of pretend meat. I can't think of anything more ridiculous culinary wise as thinking "I want a burger, so I'm going to take some vegetables and add loads of crap to it to try and get it to being as close to a burger as possible but with no meat. (Seen some studies where faux meat products are full of all kinds of fats etc to try and emulate real meat that any health benefit is lost). I did laugh at non-chicken nuggets the other day.

Genuinely interested to hear your thoughts.

"Are you a full on vegan or just plant based diet? Since veganism became trendy I've seen a lot of "celebs" in various articles being martyrs to the cause but they are still wearing leather items.

Vegan for 30yrs so been there way before it was cool lol"

Fair play, not a choice I would make. Love my animal protein too much haha.

"Also, this is a serious question so please don't take it the wrong way.

Has veganism gone too far? (Not talking about attention seeking militants). There are now a raft of supermarket items where they are trying to recreate meat items but with veggies (Not very successfully I am told by meat eaters who have tried them)

As a dyed in the wool omnivore, I love veggies. But when I want veggies, I want to celebrate them being just that - not some kind of pretend meat. I can't think of anything more ridiculous culinary wise as thinking "I want a burger, so I'm going to take some vegetables and add loads of crap to it to try and get it to being as close to a burger as possible but with no meat. (Seen some studies where faux meat products are full of all kinds of fats etc to try and emulate real meat that any health benefit is lost). I did laugh at non-chicken nuggets the other day.

Genuinely interested to hear your thoughts."

I don't see the point of faking it, i never buy products that are trying to be the meat version.

I don't see the point of faking it, i never buy products that are trying to be the meat version."

Kind of my point. Going full vegan is a big commitment, are these products just a temptation to slip back?

The scenario in my head goes along the lines of..

Oooh, not had a real burger in a year since I went vegan

*tries vegan burger, immediately wants real burger**

I don't see the point of faking it, i never buy products that are trying to be the meat version.

Kind of my point. Going full vegan is a big commitment, are these products just a temptation to slip back?

*tries vegan burger, immediately wants real burger**"

Yea i see what you mean. You're probably asking the wrong person tbf because I've never eaten meet in my life so wouldn't know what it tasted like anyway.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

*tries vegan burger, immediately wants real burger**

Yea i see what you mean. You're probably asking the wrong person tbf because I've never eaten meet in my life so wouldn't know what it tasted like anyway."

I was a vegetarian for ten years before going full vegan and I stear clear of products trying to be ‘meat’ substitutes. Have you done raw vegan, it’s my next challenge?.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I found it hard to find veg that could guarantee that it hadn't been fertilized with animal products.

Killed my first animal age 6.

Vitamin B12 all the way!!!!

"I found it hard to find veg that could guarantee that it hadn't been fertilized with animal products. "

I think that is a big issue with trying to be ultra strict with it..it's nearly impossible to guarantee that no animal product or by-product has been used..

"I found it hard to find veg that could guarantee that it hadn't been fertilized with animal products.

I think that is a big issue with trying to be ultra strict with it..it's nearly impossible to guarantee that no animal product or by-product has been used.."

Yeah, I'm vegan on every last Saturday of the month but I know that Foxes, Wild Boars, Squirrels, Birds, Mice, Rats and Moles are deliberately exterminated and their habitats destroyed to grow my precious grain and vegetables. Rabbits and other creatures are run over by tractors, or lose their homes to make way for farming, not to mention the naturally occurring greenery and plant life that is chopped down to make way for farming. Ploughing and harvesting kill small mammals, snakes, lizards and other animals in vast numbers. In addition, millions of mice are poisoned in grain storage facilities every year.

"Just curious if there are any other vegans here?"

I didn't realise you're a vegan Sam x

"I found it hard to find veg that could guarantee that it hadn't been fertilized with animal products.

I think that is a big issue with trying to be ultra strict with it..it's nearly impossible to guarantee that no animal product or by-product has been used..

Yeah, I'm vegan on every last Saturday of the month but I know that Foxes, Wild Boars, Squirrels, Birds, Mice, Rats and Moles are deliberately exterminated and their habitats destroyed to grow my precious grain and vegetables. Rabbits and other creatures are run over by tractors, or lose their homes to make way for farming, not to mention the naturally occurring greenery and plant life that is chopped down to make way for farming. Ploughing and harvesting kill small mammals, snakes, lizards and other animals in vast numbers. In addition, millions of mice are poisoned in grain storage facilities every year. "

I must admit I have never looked into it in that amount of detail.

So is it possible to survive as a 100% vegan given those circumstances?

Do vegans ride horses?

"Just curious if there are any other vegans here?

I didn't realise you're a vegan Sam x "

Yes I am bugs! You?

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not vegan but I only have meat once a week, rest of the time it's veg/plant based food. I avoid dairy for the most part but buy dairy stuff from a nearby smallholding. Homemade butter and cheese is unbelievably good.

Not for animal welfare primarily but it is a factor. Mostly it was climate issues that forced the decision for me.

"Killed my first animal age 6.

Vitamin B12 all the way!!!!"

Forgetting to feed your hamster doesn't count.

I'm a proud vegan also - although based on the other threads I found on the forum about veganism I'm probably about to get a load of abuse for saying so...

I'm a flexitarian. Some days I eat meat, some days are vegetarian and the odd meal is vegan.

Just bought some vegan soap, vegan dish washing pad and vegan soap pouch. Doing bits where I feel possible.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Can't say why anyone would be proud of being a veggie. I eat meat because I enjoy it but why be proud..

"Can't say why anyone would be proud of being a veggie. I eat meat because I enjoy it but why be proud.. "

Could be two fold, they might be proud they've chosen an lifestyle that doesn't harm others for food or proud they've made an ethical stance, regardless of the shit press veggies and vegans get for their life choices.

"Can't say why anyone would be proud of being a veggie. I eat meat because I enjoy it but why be proud..

Could be two fold, they might be proud they've chosen an lifestyle that doesn't harm others for food or proud they've made an ethical stance, regardless of the shit press veggies and vegans get for their life choices.

"

Tell that to the orangutans.

"Can't say why anyone would be proud of being a veggie. I eat meat because I enjoy it but why be proud..

Tell that to the orangutans."

What's that got to do with it?

What's that got to do with it? "

Everything.

Everything.

"

Wow. Intelligent reply.

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply. "

I assume he's talking about palm oil which is a) not a specifically vegan issue so is fairly irrelevant and b) is a more complex issue than the media is presenting it as - and more complex than I think some random internet troll can cope with.

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply.

I assume he's talking about palm oil which is a) not a specifically vegan issue so is fairly irrelevant and b) is a more complex issue than the media is presenting it as - and more complex than I think some random internet troll can cope with. "

Ahh, well spotted. It's amazing how people have a stick out for vegans. I understand why they find the annoying preachy ones irritating, but the majority of them are proud to stand up for their beliefs. Shame that seems to be deemed a crime by the vegan haters.

[Removed by poster at 24/09/19 22:34:26]

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply.

I assume he's talking about palm oil which is a) not a specifically vegan issue so is fairly irrelevant and b) is a more complex issue than the media is presenting it as - and more complex than I think some random internet troll can cope with.

Ahh, well spotted. It's amazing how people have a stick out for vegans. I understand why they find the annoying preachy ones irritating, but the majority of them are proud to stand up for their beliefs. Shame that seems to be deemed a crime by the vegan haters.

"

I often make the joke myself about how you know who's vegan because they'll tell you, but you can also always tell a who the haters are because they'll jump in to tell you just as quickly, whilst attacking the vegans for always telling people what they are. The irony...

By *unonly10Man  over a year ago

liverpool

The terminators a vegan motherfuckers

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply.

I often make the joke myself about how you know who's vegan because they'll tell you, but you can also always tell a who the haters are because they'll jump in to tell you just as quickly, whilst attacking the vegans for always telling people what they are. The irony...

"

Exactly. People just need to be respectful of the views of others. A friend said to me yesterday, the world would be a much better and nicer place if everyone stopped being twunts.

So true

[Removed by poster at 24/09/19 22:38:54]

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply.

Exactly. People just need to be respectful of the views of others. A friend said to me yesterday, the world would be a much better and nicer place if everyone stopped being twunts.

So true "

I don't mind a bit of good-natured banter about it - I get some stick for it at work but it's not meant seriously and I have a laugh with everyone about it. It's when people have to be aggressive about it that it gets tiresome.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Perhaps vegans can be proud and silent

Just saying

"Perhaps vegans can be proud and silent

Just saying"

Moat of them are.

"

Everything.

Wow. Intelligent reply.

So true

I don't mind a bit of good-natured banter about it - I get some stick for it at work but it's not meant seriously and I have a laugh with everyone about it. It's when people have to be aggressive about it that it gets tiresome."

I can imagine it does. Banter is always OK, abuse isn't

I thought for a second this post was about "fab vegans" , as in "fab straight" or "fab single"..... Might have made for something more entertaining...

I didn't realise ppl actually got abuse for what they eat? That's pretty shit. It's a personal choice imo and I don't think ppl should be judged either way. Any given point can be argued twenty different ways (if anyone is in doubt then try arguing with me and I'll frustrate the fuck out of you) so one person's virtue and morality is another's selfish destructiveness. Just eat what you decide and be happy. Rice and peace innit

"Perhaps vegans can be proud and silent

Just saying"

Perhaps vegan haters could follow their own advice and be silent also?

Just saying.

» Add a new message to this topic