FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you say somthing if your meals not nice ?

Do you say somthing if your meals not nice ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just back from a meal out and was not very nice. Was cold veg and some things just was not very nice and left alot . John meal was nice he said tell them why you left it .. I am not very good at this . Do you tell them or say its ok when its not ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I used to.

Now i've to make my own.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldnt be able to concentrate on eating if i was sitting opposite you lol xx

Bradford

"Just back from a meal out and was not very nice. Was cold veg and some things just was not very nice and left alot . John meal was nice he said tell them why you left it .. I am not very good at this . Do you tell them or say its ok when its not ?"

Yes, tell them immediatley it's not upto a reasonable standard as expected.

not u mushroom lol

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Just back from a meal out and was not very nice. Was cold veg and some things just was not very nice and left alot . John meal was nice he said tell them why you left it .. I am not very good at this . Do you tell them or say its ok when its not ?"
no i dont8 say its ok when its not....im not paying for shite food...

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Always give feed back good or bad and usually if it's bad you will get something knocked off the bill

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

We used to say something - but why bother - they can't remedy the problem usually - we just never go back! Z

Absolutely! You don't have to be rude about it but it's worth saying something, especially with things like cold veg, ergh, makes you think how long it's been sat there.

yes or they may never know its bad an may also spoil there buisiness they ask you for money so you have an oppinion and can be done in a friendly way

Bradford

"not u mushroom lol "

You wouldn't be able to eat at all if you were sat opposite me, certainly not keep it down lol

most food establishments welcome feedback whether positive or negative .

"yes or they may never know its bad an may also spoil there buisiness they ask you for money so you have an oppinion and can be done in a friendly way"
So would you say at the start or end when thay come around .. was not just cold it was like somthing had gone off .

Bradford

"yes or they may never know its bad an may also spoil there buisiness they ask you for money so you have an oppinion and can be done in a friendly waySo would you say at the start or end when thay come around .. was not just cold it was like somthing had gone off ."

Call them over as soon as your not happy.

They call it service, let 'em give service.

I am very tolerant but if it isnt cooked safely I will call the server over and quietly ask for it to be cooked a bit more... If its cold, please heat it up.

The restaurant will not fuss if you have a genuine problem...;-)

Bolton

If a place serves cold food - they must know it was cold when they served it - they just don't care so what's the point in telling them something they already know? Just don't go back and leave a re_iew on trip advisor. Z

I dont eat out, i have a bit of a phobia of eating in public, i know that sounds daft lol

But i think i wouldnt, if im not happy with other things i will say so i cant see why i wouldnt if i wasnt happy with a meal

usually i would say something at the end, as i wouldnt trust them to make me something else and not do something to the food, afterall, you woldnt know if they had........(no vomitting smilie, but you know exactly what im talking about)

straight away an if they had a bad attitude i would leave and state why

By *agic fluteMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Most English people have this problem...and its because we dont complain in the right way. dont scream and shout its crap, dont tell everyone AFTER the event, speak nicely to your waiter and tell them what is wrong...if that does not work ask politely for the manager tell him and if he does nothing DONT pay the bill...honest DONT pay the bill, pay for your drinks...pay for the food that others have had and walk out if they want bad publicity the best way is to sue you...would you go back again NO you win....it works but.....you must only do this if you can back up the poor quality of food....good eating xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

you should say something, its not acceptable, and does the restaurant no favours in the long run.

Things such as cold veg are easily rectified, simply point it out politely.

Complaining doesnt have to be nasty

Yes, but only for steak strangely enough.

I don't buy red meat and seldom eat it, so when I do I like it just right..medium rare...more rare than medium. If it's overcooked it goes back until they get it right.

Bradford

Always take a dead spider in a matchbox as a backup plan.

If they won't warm yer meal up, complain about what you've just "found" under yer peas.

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple  over a year ago

wirral

We once told a waitress that the meal was not up to standard and we would like to see the manager, when 15 minutes later the waitress and manager had not bothered to come and see us we simply walked out. No payment was made and we had a lovely meal at a restaurant a few hundred yards away. xxx

Bolton

The bottom line is that if they serve bad food they must know it's bad food and if they don't they're in the wrong job! What's the point in telling them what they know! we used to have a nice polite quiet word if the food was bad but that gets you no where. Z

The important thing is that you get what you pay for, you may think you're being too polite but the restaurant if its any good, would want you to complain rather than lose custom, reputation or both.

Often the sign of a good business is not what they do when things go right, that's easy, its when things go wrong. If you don't say something what chance have they got?

I never hesitate to complain but never take it personally, like they've targeted me, treat it like a simple mishap, usually works for me.

Bolton

You don't always get what you pay for - we've paid £200 for a meal and not been that happy with it - we simply don't go back there again - my point is that if you are served bad, cold or badly presented food - they know when they take it to you that it's not right - but they still stick it in front of you and hope for the best - let your feet do the talking and don't go back. Z

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would complain nicely but firmly...

"I would complain nicely but firmly..."
I must really say if bad and not come home thinking after when its to late. Like you say i can say it nicely your right.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I would complain nicely but firmly...I must really say if bad and not come home thinking after when its to late. Like you say i can say it nicely your right."

remember mr games meal was fine...i believe in giving ppl the benefit of the doubt. It may have been genuine mistake.

By *irty_bhamMan  over a year ago

birmingham

oh hell yes.

if i'm paying for it then i will let them know if i'm not happy.

if i cook it then i'll eat it no matter what.

it teaches me the hard way to get it right the next time

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

tell them.what is the point of moaning about it on here.no one here can rectify it and the management of the establishment would rather know then they can make sure you leave happy.

I always tell them....years ago i never did ..but i do now....im.very picky and if im going out to enjoy a good meal a good meal is what i want so if its not up to the standard i tell them asap.....not paying for a meal i havent enjoyed......tell them politely and if nothings done ask for manager .....they need to know if they are delivering a good or bad service.

Yes I do and we got the price of my steak back, which was over half the cost, and I have gone round and told everyone I know how bad the service and meal was, would never go again. Pizza hut is another place I would not visit again after the appalling HOUR wait for food, not much fun watching people who came after us, eating then leaving

"I always tell them....years ago i never did ..but i do now....im.very picky and if im going out to enjoy a good meal a good meal is what i want so if its not up to the standard i tell them asap.....not paying for a meal i havent enjoyed......tell them politely and if nothings done ask for manager .....they need to know if they are delivering a good or bad service."

We either offer to redo the meal or if they have eaten most of it, offer free desserts, makes for good business as the quality of the steaks we are putting up with, means a meal isnt always that good therefore not always our fault

" We either offer to redo the meal or if they have eaten most of it, offer free desserts, makes for good business as the quality of the steaks we are putting up with, means a meal isnt always that good therefore not always our fault"

Im the same with sex...

if you dont complain how will they know they have an unhappy customer who will probably not return.

thats not what they want at all, you owe it to them and yourself to tell them.

also it has obviously annoyed you enough to post on here, so you didnt enjoy your meal that you paid for.

if your new tv didnt work when you got it back from the shop, would you take it back?

its the same thing really

depends on what mood i'm in and to a degree the company i am in

sometimes i will just leave it and other times i'll say something

having said that, it's rare to have a meal where all the components are rank

i was in a restaurant the other week and a guy on the next table ordered something and then when it arrived, sent it back saying 'it isn't what i was expecting'

now to me, if you are unsure of what something is on a menu, ask the wait staff before you order, don't wait til it arrives and say 'nah i don't want that'

I always thought that it was a good thing to do to complain if your food wasn't up to scratch, and previously have done, but politely and usually with constructive advice on how to improve it- I have worked in the trade and I am a fairly good cook.

However, I recently went to a very well known London hotel for dinner and mine was fine but the gentleman I was with had an awful meal. He ate it regardless and refused to complain to the staff, and I deferred to him, despite my normal urges!! because I didn't want it to sour the evening... I think he was right, but I will never recommend them and never go there again.

Also I told others what I thought of this hotel and consequently, they lost potential trade, without the right of reply, or the possibility to put it right,so who benefits? It seems no one.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

If I dare complained to my mum, she would probably throw it at me.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Absolutely and if it's not resolved or taken seriously we will look to be rehimbursed or be offered some form of compensation, ie adjustment to the bill or a bottle of wine etc.

There's no way when paying good money we accept sub standard service.

For a service - Keep quiet and never go back again !!!!! for goods - complain

i will always complain when not happy with anything, i work in the service industry and strive to always give the best i can so expect the same of others

that said i always do it in a polite manner and if resolved well then i still tip well accordingly

also i will praise highly when they impress me and tip even more

"Absolutely and if it's not resolved or taken seriously we will look to be rehimbursed or be offered some form of compensation, ie adjustment to the bill or a bottle of wine etc.

There's no way when paying good money we accept sub standard service."

well i hate the up-set and people sitting ner me hereing me go on about it ... but when i got home thinking i should have said somthing and it to late .Now had tummy pains not sure if from that chicken and things last night .

"Absolutely and if it's not resolved or taken seriously we will look to be rehimbursed or be offered some form of compensation, ie adjustment to the bill or a bottle of wine etc.

There's no way when paying good money we accept sub standard service.well i hate the up-set and people sitting ner me hereing me go on about it ... but when i got home thinking i should have said somthing and it to late .Now had tummy pains not sure if from that chicken and things last night ."

its not what you say its how you say it treacle

you can complain without being rude and even if they are rude in the way they handle it always stay calm and cool you keep the upper hand that way

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

There's no way when paying good money we accept sub standard service.well i hate the up-set and people sitting ner me hereing me go on about it ... but when i got home thinking i should have said somthing and it to late .Now had tummy pains not sure if from that chicken and things last night .

you can complain without being rude and even if they are rude in the way they handle it always stay calm and cool you keep the upper hand that way "

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Working in the trade, you should always say something.

In the restaurant I work in, as a team leader now, I'll take your meal back until the kitchen get it right, without adding anything extra to it and usually make an adjustment to the bill, either a free round of drinks, or free starters, depending.

If you've already eaten it, or don't want something re-cooking, then I'll take the meal off the bill.

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I don't go out for meals often, so if there is a problem then I will politely ask to see the manager and tell them. I recently went to Pizza Hut with my children and ordered one of the pasta dishes for myself. Asked the waitress if the chilli powder could not be added and she advised no problem. After taking one mouthful I couldn't eat the rest, as it had the chilli powder in. (I couldn't eat anything spicy due to acid reflux and the lovely 6 hrs of pain that occurs afterwards with heartburn). On going to pay the bill, I asked to see the manager and explained the situation. He told me that all the pasta meals are not made on the premises, they just put them into the dishes and microwave them!

He thanked me for being polite and calmly explaining the situation to him, and then he waived the whole bill.

Haven't been back to any Pizza Hut since, as if I want microwaveable pasta dishes I'll buy my own.

There's no way when paying good money we accept sub standard service.well i hate the up-set and people sitting ner me hereing me go on about it ... but when i got home thinking i should have said somthing and it to late .Now had tummy pains not sure if from that chicken and things last night .

you can complain without being rude and even if they are rude in the way they handle it always stay calm and cool you keep the upper hand that way "

Well i sall do it next time .. .. and at the start not just think it and let it go .As it spoilt a nice night for me.

If you want a really precise answer, under UK law if the food is poor it can be a breach of contract. This means you don't have to pay for the poor quality food.

Generallly you should give them the chance to put it right, but if it's all poor quality you don't have to pay.

Sometimes the restuarants try and scare people into paying. However, it's only a criminal offence if you came into the restuarant with no intention to pay. As long as you leave giving a genuine reason and leave contact details you won't have acted dishonestly.

Well, there's my geek moment of the day!

PS - This only applies for food, not service!

Have worked in kitchens , didnt mind if stuff came back but had a rule comes back once fine , comes back twice grr back again and its getting fucked up .

I find that waiters and waitress's are programmed to ask if everything is ok with your meal. They are also programmed to expect a yes everything is fine. So when they ask if everything is ok with your meal and you say no its not they just keep on walking!!! Has anyone else experienced this?

I've had that experience when speaking to call centres...

"Thank you for calling - how are you?"

"Not good, I broke both my legs this morning..."

"Very good, very good. I'm good too. How may I help you?"

By *om1noMan  over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I would say certainly say something, I have had many occasions where my meal was not right in some way, it's not the cost that irritates me but my lack of enjoyment of what should be a good experience, and I'm also a firm believer in things won't get better if nothing is said. On a lighter note I've tried this formula with my mrs and it makes no difference at all, but I sure get some piece and quiet.

» Add a new message to this topic