FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does anyone collect watches?

Does anyone collect watches?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustafasingh OP   Man  over a year ago

leicester

So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just sent this thread to a fab friend who's a giant watch nerd. He might be able to help.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I just dont have the time sorry

By *oupleNeedPlus1Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Yes but Rolex, AP etc sorry!

By *relanddirectMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I have a number of watches and vary in value. I’m a bit of a watch nerd and not ashamed to say I have a number of copies too! I generally buy these from a very good source I got when I went to visit China and if anyone is interested please pm me

Elizabeth Duke collects watches.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Wouldn't class myself as a collector as such but I do have a few nice ones, my Michael Kors access one has made me neglect the others a bit though.

My son collects pocket watches, he got loads from his great grandad when he passed away.

Danish x

Reading

"Wouldn't class myself as a collector as such but I do have a few nice ones, my Michael Kors access one has made me neglect the others a bit though."

What others do you have?

I have a Cartier tank which I love.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to. "

Hi do you mind me asking what you gave ? They range from a couple of hundred quid to a couple of grand depending on age . Bulova are a good watch . I haven’t got one as they’re not my cup of tea . I’ve a vintage Breitling amongst a few but have to say I love Rado and Tag

I have a fine collection of Casio digital watches

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"I have a fine collection of Casio digital watches "

They’ll be worth a fortune

"I have a fine collection of Casio digital watches

They’ll be worth a fortune "

I had one that was powered by water.

I've an Oris, any good?

"I've an Oris, any good? "

You know damn well they are

I've got an Oris Classic with a blue dial, that i just loved the first time i saw it. It reminded me a lot of a Ben Sherman watch i had for years but went missing with my luggage on a holiday to Greece.............i bought the Classic the day i saw it. Although not as expensive, i also have a Bering Ceramic watch that i also love. A much busier dial than the Oris and of course batttery powered but nice and thin and light to wear, but still gorgeous to look at.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

anyone who collects watches really has far too much time on there hands...

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I had one that was powered by water."

I had a water powered one, nobody believes me when I tell them!

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m a corporate slut. Apple watch here. No appreciation for the finer things in life (but I can pay for stuff by waving my arm around - my old Tag couldn’t do that!)

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I love my Breitling.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to. "

Is it the bulova devil diver ?

Bulova is a nice maker and they watches are good quality.

I have a soft spot for 60's and 70's Swiss made watches. I've a nice Seamaster and an early Tag, but my favourite is a Jo Stiffert Rotary Monza; not the most expensive but a nice movement

I had a water powered one, nobody believes me when I tell them! "

I saw them on Tomorrow's World thinking how cool that was. I never saw them sold in the shops until some years later when I found the same water powered watches being sold on a rag market stall for a quid each.

Swatch watches can be worth a bit of money now

"I've an Oris, any good? "

Oris are pretty good for their price bracket. Around £1500 new is about as much as I’d go on an oris.

I had a small seconds Aquis which had to be returned after it stopped working after 2 months.

I’ve got plenty of watches from various brands and have only ever had an issue with the oris

"I've an Oris, any good?

Oris are pretty good for their price bracket. Around £1500 new is about as much as I’d go on an oris.

I had a small seconds Aquis which had to be returned after it stopped working after 2 months.

I’ve got plenty of watches from various brands and have only ever had an issue with the oris "

Hello nerd.

Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Few others I have my eye on

"I've an Oris, any good?

I’ve got plenty of watches from various brands and have only ever had an issue with the oris

Hello nerd. "

I’m not a nerd!

But to answer the OP

It uses a sellita movement, which is a third party Swiss movement manufacturer that are basically ETA clones. Sellita used to assemble some of ETAs movements for them, ETA stopped doing that so sellita had to make their own, and once ETAs copyrights ran out, they were free to be copied.

It’s a pretty standard run of the mill movement, you’ll find them in Oris, sinn etc.

If you’ve bought it for full retail.....I’d of gone second hand longines or Tag instead.

"Swatch watches can be worth a bit of money now "

One of my cycling club is a jeweller and he started collecting Swatches in the 80's, buying at least two of the limited editions. He off loaded a small part of his collection last year and made nearly £30k

Reading

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

"

The Tudor is nice. Did nearly pick one up but already have Rolex Sub and it was too similar. Good investment though

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

Why would anyone collect watches? I only need one watch to tell me that there are not enough hours in a day to do everything I would like to do

"Why would anyone collect watches? I only need one watch to tell me that there are not enough hours in a day to do everything I would like to do "

No different to collecting anything else, stamps, records, sports memorabilia

I buy what I like the look of and they all get worn regularly.

Reading

We buy for investment too. Have something very sought after that has already gone up by a couple of grand.

leicester

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to.

Hi do you mind me asking what you gave ? They range from a couple of hundred quid to a couple of grand depending on age . Bulova are a good watch . I haven’t got one as they’re not my cup of tea . I’ve a vintage Breitling amongst a few but have to say I love Rado and Tag"

See I don’t like rado or tag, tags more so because they use a lot of quartz and Rado I don’t like there style. It was £949, apparently it’s very new one and only just came out from what I gathered. And it was picked to be brought out from what I gathered from other I’ve asked.

leicester

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to.

Is it the bulova devil diver ?"

Yes! But nobody can tell me if it’ll be any good it long run, I.e movement and if itd be better as investment piece rather than a worn one for everyday use

By *hispers-40Woman  over a year ago

up the garden path

"Bulova is a nice maker and they watches are good quality.

I have a soft spot for 60's and 70's Swiss made watches. I've a nice Seamaster and an early Tag, but my favourite is a Jo Stiffert Rotary Monza; not the most expensive but a nice movement "

very nice I agree with vintage love them too

leicester

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

The Tudor black bay is amazing love it look!

"

leicester

"We buy for investment too. Have something very sought after that has already gone up by a couple of grand. "

Will have to come to you for investment advice then aha

leicester

"Bulova is a nice maker and they watches are good quality.

I have a soft spot for 60's and 70's Swiss made watches. I've a nice Seamaster and an early Tag, but my favourite is a Jo Stiffert Rotary Monza; not the most expensive but a nice movement very nice I agree with vintage love them too"

See mine is from an vintage style on a rerelease but haven’t a clue what it’s like as a watch.

I suppose... I have a Briel, a Tag and a Hamilton Khaki X-Wind

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Yes! But nobody can tell me if it’ll be any good it long run, I.e movement and if itd be better as investment piece rather than a worn one for everyday use"

I guess 30ish watches may count as a collection?

I've had a quick look round and it looks like the Bully Devil Diver (so called because of the rated 666ft waterproof rating) in Orange is running the Sellita SW 220 movement, which also looks to be used in a fair few Oris units too, its also a fair few years old and a kind of copy of and older ETA mech, so should be reasonably reliable? Its not one i've seen mentioned around the various watch sites- most of the Bully owners rave about the Moony as the HAQ movement is supposed to be fantastically accurate?

As for would you be better keeping it boxed and pristine with the hope of making a profit, or wearing it and getting the enjoyment- that depends on how much you like it and if you're willing to take a punt on it going up in value in the short term (long term you'd need to factor in a service around 4-5 years, which won't be cheap and may wipe out any profit).

Bulova kind of sit in that band of watches above the usual Argos stuff (although they do sell them), but below the higher value names, so a potential significant profit is debateable.

I buy most of mine to wear them, although i have enough that they have a very cosseted life and all look pretty much like new. some have gone up in value a litte, some down a little and some down a lot- i reckon i'm about even overall.

Personally, i'd wear it and enjoy it- either as a beater and accept that it will never make a profit and will slowly get battered and bruised, or keep it as an occasional best watch with box and papers somewhere safe and maybe you might at least get your money back in the future and get the pleasure of owning it for a while.

If they are not a prestige watch company that have built their up their name over say 70 years i do not think they are worth buying as they are just cheap Chinese junk watches,

Some of these so call high end watches that usually sell for $15,000 are just "hype" watches mass produced with fake so called papers making them out to be high end, If you google it these loads on the internet,

A easy way to get a watch verified real is take it smack converters and kid on you are thinking of selling then they will give you a very silly price witch is usually a quarter of what its worth,

And if buying a real prestige watch buy it from a shop were you can see and handle the quality of said watch if their light in weight its fake,

And remember if the 3rd hand ticks instead of sweeps its fake too (Rolex & Omega)

"We buy for investment too. Have something very sought after that has already gone up by a couple of grand.

Will have to come to you for investment advice then aha"

You first need the money to invest in real vintage prestige watches so say a spear £20,000 for just a entry level one,

[Removed by poster at 28/02/19 03:45:41]

I can't justify spending a lot of money on a watch - i'd end up never wearing it for fear of it getting damaged - lost count of how many times I've damaged a watch by accidentally knocking it on a wall or catching it on something - and I'm NOT accident prone. My current watch cost me, if I remember, around thirteen quid. It does the same job as an expensive watch i.e. tells me what time of day it is - and if it gets damaged, well it's only going to cost me a little over a tenner to get another.

"

See I don’t like rado or tag, tags more so because they use a lot of quartz and Rado I don’t like there style. It was £949, apparently it’s very new one and only just came out from what I gathered. And it was picked to be brought out from what I gathered from other I’ve asked."

The watch you bough is Japanese Mechanical Movement .

From Website reissue

A Tribute to the iconic 1970’s Oceanographer Dive watches

The Oceanographer Dive watch earned a cult following for its alter ego the “Devil Diver”. Breaking with the conformity of the traditional 200m used by Swiss watchmakers, Bulova famously printed “666 feet” on the original dial referring in imperial system terms to the depth that the timepiece could withstand underwater.

Did you know they are made in hong kong and china and are owned by Citizen, So it will be Japanese Movement not as good as Swiss they say !!

Reading

"We buy for investment too. Have something very sought after that has already gone up by a couple of grand.

Will have to come to you for investment advice then aha

You first need the money to invest in real vintage prestige watches so say a spear £20,000 for just a entry level one,"

Erm yes honey lol. We do have a safe for our collection but thanks for the tip.

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I had a water powered one, nobody believes me when I tell them!

I saw them on Tomorrow's World thinking how cool that was. I never saw them sold in the shops until some years later when I found the same water powered watches being sold on a rag market stall for a quid each."

tomorrows World, what did they know eh seen one for sale on fleabay recently, wish I had bought it

Solihull

Yes! But nobody can tell me if it’ll be any good it long run, I.e movement and if itd be better as investment piece rather than a worn one for everyday use"

Watches should be worn rather than hidden away on the off chance it increases in value.

Nobody can tell you because it's not a fixed science and many things influence the prices and profit including what you paid for it originally

Personally I doubt your watch is an investment piece so wear it and enjoy it.

Join a watch forum, ask the same question and see what they say.

Huge watch geek , was a watch manager in a jewellers.I have several watches but my favorite has to be my Oris big crown xl moon phase. Id love to buy a Tag Monaco but cant justify the spending for it.

We both love nice watches, Patek, Rolex, Cartier, recently started buying few vintage also, vintage omega speedmasters being a recent one Mr likes

Reading

"We both love nice watches, Patek, Rolex, Cartier, recently started buying few vintage also, vintage omega speedmasters being a recent one Mr likes "

Same taste as us

"We both love nice watches, Patek, Rolex, Cartier, recently started buying few vintage also, vintage omega speedmasters being a recent one Mr likes

Same taste as us "

Class never goes out of style

"

So it will be Japanese Movement not as good as Swiss they say !!"

It uses a sellita movement, it’s Swiss not Japanese.

And in terms of Swiss vs Japanese. The japanese produce some fine movements. The grand seiko spring drive is better than what you’ll find in most Swiss watches and the finishing on their watches are better than Rolex.

My friend is a horologist, there’s nothing she doesn’t know about watches.

There’s one one that only loses a second of time in 100 years or something like that.

What does she wear on her wrist day to day? An 8 quid Casio cos her bf bought it for her when they first got together, so sweet!

"My friend is a horologist, there’s nothing she doesn’t know about watches.

There’s one one that only loses a second of time in 100 years or something like that.

What does she wear on her wrist day to day? An 8 quid Casio cos her bf bought it for her when they first got together, so sweet!"

That’s cute

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"

So it will be Japanese Movement not as good as Swiss they say !!

And in terms of Swiss vs Japanese. The japanese produce some fine movements. The grand seiko spring drive is better than what you’ll find in most Swiss watches and the finishing on their watches are better than Rolex.

"

http://calibercorner.com/sellita-caliber-sw200/

"

So it will be Japanese Movement not as good as Swiss they say !!

"

Such a nerd.

Thanks for the replies re my Oris

I know nothing about watches other than I like to wear them although they have been made redundant by my fitbit!

I dont wear jewellery etc and am pretty minimalistic so the watch was a great present and will be my sons one day.

leicester

"

See I don’t like rado or tag, tags more so because they use a lot of quartz and Rado I don’t like there style. It was £949, apparently it’s very new one and only just came out from what I gathered. And it was picked to be brought out from what I gathered from other I’ve asked.

The watch you bough is Japanese Mechanical Movement .

From Website reissue

A Tribute to the iconic 1970’s Oceanographer Dive watches

The Oceanographer Dive watch earned a cult following for its alter ego the “Devil Diver”. Breaking with the conformity of the traditional 200m used by Swiss watchmakers, Bulova famously printed “666 feet” on the original dial referring in imperial system terms to the depth that the timepiece could withstand underwater.

Did you know they are made in hong kong and china and are owned by Citizen, So it will be Japanese Movement not as good as Swiss they say !!

"

From what I heard up top of the forum he seems to be accurate. I actually work with the two brands but the Rep for the brands didn’t have specifics of it he only just joined. But it does have Swiss mechanisms from what I got the from above was best with accurate information I actually only paid £580 as I know the Rep.

leicester

Yes! But nobody can tell me if it’ll be any good it long run, I.e movement and if itd be better as investment piece rather than a worn one for everyday use

I guess 30ish watches may count as a collection?

I've had a quick look round and it looks like the Bully Devil Diver (so called because of the rated 666ft waterproof rating) in Orange is running the Sellita SW 220 movement, which also looks to be used in a fair few Oris units too, its also a fair few years old and a kind of copy of and older ETA mech, so should be reasonably reliable? Its not one i've seen mentioned around the various watch sites- most of the Bully owners rave about the Moony as the HAQ movement is supposed to be fantastically accurate?

As for would you be better keeping it boxed and pristine with the hope of making a profit, or wearing it and getting the enjoyment- that depends on how much you like it and if you're willing to take a punt on it going up in value in the short term (long term you'd need to factor in a service around 4-5 years, which won't be cheap and may wipe out any profit).

Bulova kind of sit in that band of watches above the usual Argos stuff (although they do sell them), but below the higher value names, so a potential significant profit is debateable.

I buy most of mine to wear them, although i have enough that they have a very cosseted life and all look pretty much like new. some have gone up in value a litte, some down a little and some down a lot- i reckon i'm about even overall.

Personally, i'd wear it and enjoy it- either as a beater and accept that it will never make a profit and will slowly get battered and bruised, or keep it as an occasional best watch with box and papers somewhere safe and maybe you might at least get your money back in the future and get the pleasure of owning it for a while."

Well you seem to have given me the best information on it and it was actually only paid for £580 which is 40% off the rrp so I might as well wear it for special occasions!

Don't forget the servicing on these expensive watches, which could be every 3-10 years.

I'm on a waiting list for a Nautilus and without the exact figure's to hand, I believe it's over a 1000 squidly every 3 years for that particular model.

It's never going to make me a fortune but I'm not buying it for that reason.

Watches are addictive and when you buy your first proper one, it just never stops; well it didn't for me..

Mr x

"Don't forget the servicing on these expensive watches, which could be every 3-10 years.

I'm on a waiting list for a Nautilus and without the exact figure's to hand, I believe it's over a 1000 squidly every 3 years for that particular model.

Watches are addictive and when you buy your first proper one, it just never stops; well it didn't for me..

Mr x"

How long they quoting u to get one ? Aren’t u tempted to just buy one from a dealer ?

Being on the waiting list for a nautilus and getting a nautilus are two completely different things

The second hand market has gone crazy with steel watches at the moment, Rolex, AP and PP steel models are at insane levels at resale.

I know people who have turned down over double retail for a nautilus and they have a £25k retail price.

"Don't forget the servicing on these expensive watches, which could be every 3-10 years.

Mr x

How long they quoting u to get one ? Aren’t u tempted to just buy one from a dealer ?"

They quoted me a 3 year wait, so I've another 12-18 month yet.. I have built up a relationship with the AD so I'm praying they'll look after me..

Nah I'm not tempted to go grey, I like the whole AD experience when they crack open the bubbly

I once had to return my omega a couple of week's after the warranty expired and they still repaired, serviced and polished it FOC, so I've always done the official way - would they have done that if I'd gone grey, I doubt it?

"Being on the waiting list for a nautilus and getting a nautilus are two completely different things

The second hand market has gone crazy with steel watches at the moment, Rolex, AP and PP steel models are at insane levels at resale.

I know people who have turned down over double retail for a nautilus and they have a £25k retail price.

"

I completely understand that being on the list is no cert of actually getting one, but the list is now closed and I was 10th when they added me.. So fingers crossed...

[Removed by poster at 01/03/19 19:09:39]

"Being on the waiting list for a nautilus and getting a nautilus are two completely different things

I completely understand that being on the list is no cert of actually getting one, but the list is now closed and I was 10th when they added me.. So fingers crossed... "

Best of luck!

I’m trying to get a hulk submariner from the dealer I buy off. I’ve had a few watches off him and got a Christmas card this year, so hopefully things are getting there....waiting lists are a bit shit but manufacturers holding back supply is the issue....being friendly with the dealer does help though.

If I can’t get one, I fancy a blue dial yacht master instead....personally I’ve got to have colour on watches.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

The Tudor is nice. Did nearly pick one up but already have Rolex Sub and it was too similar. Good investment though "

I also have a sub no date and just bought a black bay, but went for one with eta movement, they are rarer due to a short production run.

Not sure it will increase in value like the sub has, but it definitely won’t ever be worth less than I paid for it

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

I like pylons.

Only the ones found in gapping vaginas

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

The Tudor is nice. Did nearly pick one up but already have Rolex Sub and it was too similar. Good investment though

I also have a sub no date and just bought a black bay, but went for one with eta movement, they are rarer due to a short production run.

Not sure it will increase in value like the sub has, but it definitely won’t ever be worth less than I paid for it"

My BBR with the eta is probably one of my favourite that I own. While not on the technical level of the in house model but will certainly hold its value better over the years. I bought the Tudor GMT last year and the smiley face models seem to have a bit more charm to them since they’re discontinued.

North west

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Not sure it will increase in value like the sub has, but it definitely won’t ever be worth less than I paid for it

My BBR with the eta is probably one of my favourite that I own. While not on the technical level of the in house model but will certainly hold its value better over the years. I bought the Tudor GMT last year and the smiley face models seem to have a bit more charm to them since they’re discontinued. "

Yeh one I bought is a BBR , love the look of it.

Any problems with the date on the gmt? I see a few have had to go back to Tudor

By *owhambamMan  over a year ago

clacton

"I love my Breitling. "

So do I, best watch ever had

"Yes, I'm a watch whore.

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

My BBR with the eta is probably one of my favourite that I own. While not on the technical level of the in house model but will certainly hold its value better over the years. I bought the Tudor GMT last year and the smiley face models seem to have a bit more charm to them since they’re discontinued.

Yeh one I bought is a BBR , love the look of it.

Any problems with the date on the gmt? I see a few have had to go back to Tudor "

Yeah I had it skipping two days, got it sorted within 6 weeks and had no issues since. But to be honest I’d rather see them try to develop their own movements and have to work at it rather than just using ETA, or switch to sellita since ETA will be nearing the end of supplying to none swatch brands.

I lost mine on a meet when I pulled my hand out

Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Added an Oris Aquis since I posted this.

Nothing else takes my fancy at the minute

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Nothing else takes my fancy at the minute"

Take a look at ketelaars, an independent watchmaker, hand finishing etc makes around 20 watches a year. Uses high grade ETA movements.

No.

But I could show you a good time

cheshire

I deal in superclones from Japan if anyone interested?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I have a small collection of vintage Zodiacs.

Manly used for spares (Cal 72 movement).

"I deal in superclones from Japan if anyone interested? "

Out of curiosity how much are these “super clones”

If people want to wear fakes then that’s great, but what happens when it comes to servicing and repairs. Most might look ok from the front, but when you open the back and the Rolex has a miyota movement in it, it’s going to raise some eyebrows, a lot of places will even destroy the watch if it’s counterfeit

cheshire

Super clones have genuine movements, they are 100%. A good superclone is between £400 and £1000 dependent on the make and model. They would pass an initial inspection by a main dealer and only an experienced specialist will spot any difference. For example the Rolex Daytona in white gold case-the superclone will be a highly polished case.

Any normal jeweller will generally work on them but I can arrange service and repair also

"Super clones have genuine movements, they are 100%. A good superclone is between £400 and £1000 dependent on the make and model. They would pass an initial inspection by a main dealer and only an experienced specialist will spot any difference. For example the Rolex Daytona in white gold case-the superclone will be a highly polished case.

Any normal jeweller will generally work on them but I can arrange service and repair also"

I’ve no doubt they’d pass a dealer inspection, they’re salespeople after all, not watchmakers. but once you start running serial numbers that’s when it would flag.

Good fakes are incredibly hard to spot especially on a 3 hander, maybe a date complication, but once you get into chronos or more complex complications, no counterfeit will hold up, because they simply can’t make those complications work as they should.

It’s a shame people pedal this shit when you can get great pieces under £1k, but whatever floats your boat.

nice watch mate ! I’ve been looking at these myself, I think it will hold its value at least and over time may go up. Great choice though

I collect Search watches

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Hmmmm, can't say I'm big on collecting watches as I only have one which is an August Steiner watch I wear and have done so for years. Though I must admit I'd like to sell a few watches on the side, nothing big or fancy just a way to make a little extra cash here and there selling to some acquaintances I know in real life when I have a day off work....watch videos on YouTube are interesting to see to .

I have 3 Omega (Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT; Speedmaster reduced 35mm case; Seamaster 120 Calypso) and a Tag Caliber 5, the trade in for the Connected. Love the Tag at the mo, but the reduced is the day watch.

Solihull

"Super clones have genuine movements, they are 100%. A good superclone is between £400 and £1000 dependent on the make and model. They would pass an initial inspection by a main dealer and only an experienced specialist will spot any difference. For example the Rolex Daytona in white gold case-the superclone will be a highly polished case.

Any normal jeweller will generally work on them but I can arrange service and repair also"

My understanding is that the movements in superclone watches aren't genuine movements but extremely accurate copies ?

North west

Any normal jeweller will generally work on them but I can arrange service and repair also

My understanding is that the movements in superclone watches aren't genuine movements but extremely accurate copies ?

"

Correct, a clone Rolex can’t possibly have a genuine Rolex movement. Rolex don’t sell movements on their own, so how would the snide manufacturer get hold of them?

Personally I really don’t see the point of buying a clone watch, I’d rather but a used tag

Time after time

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Take a look at ketelaars, an independent watchmaker, hand finishing etc makes around 20 watches a year. Uses high grade ETA movements. "

They're not my thing.

As for clones, wouldn't buy one, defeats the object for me.

All bar 2 of mine are used buys with box, papers and all checked out.

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

Take a look at ketelaars, an independent watchmaker, hand finishing etc makes around 20 watches a year. Uses high grade ETA movements.

They're not my thing.

"

They’re definitely an acquired taste, a lot different to what’s out there at the moment, just checking that by high grade ETA you don’t think I’m meaning a copied movement?

It’s essentially the same movement that will be in the Hamilton and longines but better finished, more accurate etc.

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

They're not my thing.

They’re definitely an acquired taste, a lot different to what’s out there at the moment, just checking that by high grade ETA you don’t think I’m meaning a copied movement?

It’s essentially the same movement that will be in the Hamilton and longines but better finished, more accurate etc.

"

No, I know what you mean.

I'm not that anal about what I buy to be fair, if I like the look of it on my wrist that's what matters.

Some one would say I'm not a real collecter but we all go about things slightly differently.

I've had another 5 or 6 watches over those above that I've sold as I fell out of favour with them, just funds a new purchase when I do.

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

They're not my thing.

I'm not that anal about what I buy to be fair, if I like the look of it on my wrist that's what matters.

Some one would say I'm not a real collecter but we all go about things slightly differently.

I've had another 5 or 6 watches over those above that I've sold as I fell out of favour with them, just funds a new purchase when I do."

I totally get that, I know some people won’t entertain anything that’s not in house, which cuts out most of the market you see in shop windows.

I sit somewhere nicely in the middle.

"Tissot PRS516

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Hamilton Khaki Officer

Longines Hydroconquest

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Tudor Black Bay

They're not my thing.

I've had another 5 or 6 watches over those above that I've sold as I fell out of favour with them, just funds a new purchase when I do.

I totally get that, I know some people won’t entertain anything that’s not in house, which cuts out most of the market you see in shop windows.

I sit somewhere nicely in the middle. "

Yeah, same for me.

I like some of the watches these guys do

https://www.timefactors.com/

Solihull

Correct, a clone Rolex can’t possibly have a genuine Rolex movement. Rolex don’t sell movements on their own, so how would the snide manufacturer get hold of them?

Personally I really don’t see the point of buying a clone watch, I’d rather but a used tag"

Sounds like the guy selling the clones is using a lie to unsuspecting punters

Similar to people buying fake designer clothing, what's the point

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Picking up my first Rolex in April, cant wait

Solihull

It's a decent watch but forget the collectors bit and think of it as a watch.

Wear it, love it and don't put it away if that makes sense

By *dandmandyCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Owner of 5 tag heuer watches all sat in a wardrobe as I now have a fit bit .

Solihull

"Owner of 5 tag heuer watches all sat in a wardrobe as I now have a fit bit ."

Is the fit bit your mrs

cheshire

Personally I really don’t see the point of buying a clone watch, I’d rather but a used tag

Similar to people buying fake designer clothing, what's the point"

Hmmm

Rolex DONT make their own movements!!

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Hmmm

Rolex DONT make their own movements!!"

Actually they do. Rolex SA is one of the very few watch manufacturers that has vertical integration (even to the point of gold processing in Switzerland).

Rolex purchased Rolex Bienne (the Aegler/Borer-owned movement making company) in 2004.

It also bought out Beyeler (dial manufacturing), Boninchi (winding crowns) and Gay Frères (bracelet manufacturing).

Current daily wear: Paneri Luminor GMT

North west

"Hmmm

Yes they do, so Tudor now

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I don’t have the time to collect watches

Very nearly bought a rado captain cook in green yesterday. Quite easily one of the best dials I’ve seen in a while. Most rados are awful but that was stunning.

My other half has a rather delightful collection of watches , I personally cannot see the attraction must be a boy thing

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Hmmm

What a load of nonsense. Rolex make their own movements! They may be made in a different factory (Rolex have multiple factories) but they are definitely all made by Rolex. More to the point it would be bewildering for a company to upgrade their own milling to use high grade steel, have their own foundry for their gold & go to lengths of x-raying their diamonds for quality to then not use their own movements. Utterly preposterous.

Solihull

Hmmm

Sounds like you've got a lot of refunds to give to customers you've told a porky pie to

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I’m a corporate slut. Apple watch here. No appreciation for the finer things in life (but I can pay for stuff by waving my arm around - my old Tag couldn’t do that!)"

Ha ha me too.

I have some gorgeous watches that never came out of the box.

However, me and woof need to know how far we have walked.

In fact I have just received my 500th exercise goal and as we never do less than 3 miles, no wonder my boots and trainers will need to be replaced soon.

leicester

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to. nice watch mate ! I’ve been looking at these myself, I think it will hold its value at least and over time may go up. Great choice though "

It was actually my first proper watch, but I’ve added a few Seikos now and looking for a Hamilton next

"So basically, I’ve just brought my first automatic watch. And it’s a collectors Devil Diver with an Orange face. I brought more on impulse rather than need. Wondered if anyone knows much about it. No one seem to. nice watch mate ! I’ve been looking at these myself, I think it will hold its value at least and over time may go up. Great choice though

It was actually my first proper watch, but I’ve added a few Seikos now and looking for a Hamilton next"

If you want a Hamilton check out Ernest Jones, they usually have a nice preowned section that carries several Hamilton’s.

I’ve Got one of the khakis with the powermatic movement which gives 80hr power reserve, which for about £230 is a steal!

By *dandmandyCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Lol

i’ve got loads, i don’t collect them as such, the battery dies so instead of replacing the battery i just buy a new watch

I remember being bought a beautiful timepiece by a Lesbian couple I used to live next door. Seems they misunderstood me when I said 'I wanna watch'

Been collecting watches for a while unfortunately the used market has gone mad over the last few years and a lot of watches are out of price range...

For those comments above

Rolex DO make their own movements.

Super clones will sometimes have genuine rolex parts in them, including faces and glass. There are watch experts who will custom build your a clone that is so good it could fool most people. Hence when you buy a 2nd hand watch even with papers get it checked out .

Of buying Brand New ...Tag, omega etc expect at least 20% off RRP or you are paying too much. This is the reason they don't hold their value

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 08:39:20]

,,,/\_ _ _ _ _ _\

/_ |, _ _ _ _ _,|

/ _//, _ _ _ _ _ ,\\

|//_11_ 12_ 1_ \\

|| 10 . . . | . . . 2 ||

|| 9 . ~~' . . . 3 ||||