FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hotels and supporting small business

Hotels and supporting small business

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Couple of tips when booking hotel rooms:

I don’t know if many of you are aware how much money the booking sites take from you booking through them, with the large chain hotels this isn’t really a problem but for little independent ones (also bed and breakfasts fall into this) it’s quite a dent in what can be an already cheap room, so where possible find a phone number or email address, most of the time you will get a better rate (unless you have some kind of loyalty system with the booking sites).

When checking into your hotel room, we all know why you are there more often than not, no matter how much you say at reception, we’ve seen it a hundred times! The local address gives it away more often than not and one checking in before the other arriving, I’m not saying stand there and inform us you have a woman called Susan coming to service your pipes but make it easier for you just to sign in and off you toddle! (Prepaying is also another top tip, makes check in loads faster if a small independent place).

When leaving, leave your key with reception, don’t feel embarrassed about leaving after two hours, for us it means we can re clean the room and let it out again, plus also from a safety point of view if we had an emergency and needed to count heads, it’s useful to know if the gangbang in ten have gone

I’m sure many of you are use to hotel visits but wanted to let you know our top tips from the hospitality side of it all. Especially the commission side of it.

Have a great weekend!

Geeky x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Couple of tips when booking hotel rooms:

I don’t know if many of you are aware how much money the booking sites take from you booking through them, with the large chain hotels this isn’t really a problem but for little independent ones (also bed and breakfasts fall into this) it’s quite a dent in what can be an already cheap room, so where possible find a phone number or email address, most of the time you will get a better rate (unless you have some kind of loyalty system with the booking sites).

When checking into your hotel room, we all know why you are there more often than not, no matter how much you say at reception, we’ve seen it a hundred times! The local address gives it away more often than not and one checking in before the other arriving, I’m not saying stand there and inform us you have a woman called Susan coming to service your pipes but make it easier for you just to sign in and off you toddle! (Prepaying is also another top tip, makes check in loads faster if a small independent place).

When leaving, leave your key with reception, don’t feel embarrassed about leaving after two hours, for us it means we can re clean the room and let it out again, plus also from a safety point of view if we had an emergency and needed to count heads, it’s useful to know if the gangbang in ten have gone

I’m sure many of you are use to hotel visits but wanted to let you know our top tips from the hospitality side of it all. Especially the commission side of it.

Have a great weekend!

Geeky x

"

Thanks for this post.. I'm a big fan of supporting small businesses and this reassures me as I'm now sure others must have the same sensible business approach. I hope you flourish.. you deserve it.x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Couple of tips when booking hotel rooms:

Have a great weekend!

Geeky x

Thanks for this post.. I'm a big fan of supporting small businesses and this reassures me as I'm now sure others must have the same sensible business approach. I hope you flourish.. you deserve it.x"

Ah thanks lovely.

Geeky x

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Apparently calling reception and asking for "extra pillows" is the code that you require the services of a professional lady..

I have tried this and i can confirm that house keeping was thoroughly pissed off with me after the 10th visit with yet another pillow and my bed resembled a scene from the princess and the pea...

Perhaps i need to visit a lower class of hotel..

» Add a new message to this topic