FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FFS what pain

FFS what pain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *stwoforfun2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk Area

Mr here. I had surgery on Wednesday. All went well and away home with no problems.

Yesterday we replaced the dressing over the wound and stitches with a large plaster, no probs, we thought.

Woke up today in discomfort, this got worse as the day went on, to the extent that an hour ago I was in quite a lot of pain.

To cut a long story short, I'm not a man who whingers at things, my pain threshold is very high and I very rarely take a pain killer.

I got the Mrs to look. Responce, "It's all red and needs to come off", "ok, just do it".

Well, the pain, it brought me to my knees, only to hear the words, "I've only done one corner"

FFS I thought, but go for it, get it off.

2 Minutes later I'm on the floor, the pain was mad.

All the skin under the sticky of the dressing was very red and inflamed and the skin so sensitive to the touch, I felt like it was being ripped off.

Anyone else had this reaction to a dressing/plaster?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, but I'm allergic to adhesives & plastic plasters (I scar when I have to use them)

Good luck & maybe you should see someone about it- you don't want infection!!!

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Yes i do to plaster dressed ones the fabric ones i am ok with.

I would use a mepore dressing if i were you - can get in various sizes from Boots etc.

My eldest boy was born with a heart condition and after his 2nd of 7 ops was discovered that he was allergic to the dressings they were using , can't remember which type now just that they had to change it.

ask em if they'll give you a non adhesive dressing next time - they're non stick and just come straight off the wound - work like magic

Wolf

I am elergic to sticky plaster, but only in that it gives me a rash which burns, certainly not the pain you are in. Sounds like your wounds might be infected, I would get to the docs ASAP. You may want to bathe the wounds in salted water until you can get there. Good luck x

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"ask em if they'll give you a non adhesive dressing next time - they're non stick and just come straight off the wound - work like magic

Wolf

"

That is why i suggested Mepore it does just that.

By *antanionMan  over a year ago

KIRKCALDY

are you sure its an allergic reaction to the plaster, go to the out patients at your nearest hospital as soon as possible don't mess about with infections,,,,, hope your ok though

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Emergency First Responder here - on my way to comfort Mrs _stwoforfun2 as cant have her traumatised

I would go to A&E, it might not be an allergy to the plaster but the wound has an infection

South Suffolk Area

"I am elergic to sticky plaster, but only in that it gives me a rash which burns, certainly not the pain you are in. Sounds like your wounds might be infected, I would get to the docs ASAP. You may want to bathe the wounds in salted water until you can get there. Good luck x"

Worries me a tad as I had full blown blood poisoning in October and was rushed into hospital, within 19 minutes I had been examined twice, had x-rays and put on a drip, was not good

South Suffolk Area

"Emergency First Responder here - on my way to comfort Mrs _stwoforfun2 as cant have her traumatised "

Lol, perfect responce sir

» Add a new message to this topic