FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Insight on Apple's Cult of Secrecy

Insight on Apple's Cult of Secrecy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There is a very interesting extract from a new book on Apple on the CNN website.

My feeling is this cult of secrecy worked when a visionary like Steve Jobs had absolute power but it might be disastrous for the company's ability to adapt to competition in the future.

I don't think I can post a direct web link but you can do a search on CNN Apple Adam Lashinsky

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What do you define as a cult of secrecy?

I reckon every technology company in the world could be accused of this, the company I work forbids me to discuss anything other than where I work.

As a tech company they obviously have to keep product development secret.

The article describes how Apple goes beyond the normal secrecy practices that all companies employ.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Jobs was obsessed with secrecy and the power of a big surprise announcement.

The very first iMac launch was a classic. He went through a whole keynote speech presenting new kit and software and then went to walk off the stage and stopped and said 'Oh one more thing...' BOOM! geet giant picture of an iMac, geek crowd faints and screams.

You can't do that if you are leaking shit all over the press.

I like to do the "one more thing" schtick when I'm pleasuring the laydeez. Just when they think they could not be any more excited!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Apple is probable very familiar with the way IT works, hence the need for Apple to have as much T&C regarding trade secrets.

Apple is not that good as such, nice looking products, simple to use, but very expensive and not industry standard, so software, repairs and support are more expensive...

» Add a new message to this topic