FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > London question?

London question?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How far is canary wharf from the Tower bridge or embankment area of London please?

Going down there next week for a friends birthday and we've been moved from the apartment me and a friend originally booked to stay in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

google maps???

its about 10mins on the dlr, driving depends on traffic.

About 20 mins on the dockland light railway to tower bridge.

about the same on the tube.

embankment is about 10 mins extra. (if you mean victoria embankment?)

Thanks for the replies everyone, just trying to work out if its walking distance or train/ taxi that was all.

Judging from your replies its a taxi journey me thinks as I'd probably get off at the wrong tube station!

Thanks again

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Thanks for the replies everyone, just trying to work out if its walking distance or train/ taxi that was all.

Judging from your replies its a taxi journey me thinks as I'd probably get off at the wrong tube station!

Thanks again "

Thats the fun of London you get lost it happens.. I was born and breed there and still got lost. You discover the real London when you get lost...

The first couple of times I went down to London I have to admit I wasn't a massive fan.

Being a little older and wiser however the last time I went was fantastic and really enjoyed my little trips out.

As you say it can be fun if you get lost ..... Providing your not in a rush!!!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

worked in London for years, avoid the place like the plague now but best means of getting around is either the tube (or DLR from the east) or TAXI wouldn't recommend driving unless you really know where you are going.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im nearly 47 and still feel like a child when i go to london. My sister moved there at 17 and my first visit was when i was 21. I think ive been less than 25 times even now. I had to try and get a tube on my own once and i was so scared i stood against a wall and cried lol.

"Thanks for the replies everyone, just trying to work out if its walking distance or train/ taxi that was all.

Thanks again "

depending on your travelling get an oyster card (pre payment) as it's cheaper than buying a paper ticket - either way much cheaper than a taxi!

unless you really cant read maps or use the transport for london website to plan your journey.

"How far is canary wharf from the Tower bridge or embankment area of London please?

Going down there next week for a friends birthday and we've been moved from the apartment me and a friend originally booked to stay in. "

You get on the DLR at Tower Gateway Tube Station, which is almost opposite the Tower on Minories (St). Make sure the train you get on is for Lewisham (end of line) and get off at Canary Wharf after 5 stops.

The DLR splits off after Westferry so if you get on the wrong one you could end up in Stratford (where the Olympics are) or Woolwich.

dont drive take the tube ,its a bloody nightmare

lol amazing when i hear all these comments about london, i live here and its not that bad you know.

Thanks again for the advice all .... Tube it is !

Who says peer pressure is a bad thing!!

Tube/DLR is a much better bet than a taxi. Will be significantly cheaper and quicker.

Only time the tube is really a nightmare is in rush hour.

When you are in central london if you aren't going far it i susually quickest to walk.

Try using Transport London to plan your way around London.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Planning is the key to getting around London with the least hassle.

Walking through London is something I enjoy though, also a good way to clear the head after a late night out and crawling home from a hotel.

» Add a new message to this topic